OM Montreal Reviews

850 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Canada

I didn't really get to stay at OM Montreal. They had overbooking problems and I (as well as other guests) couldn't sleep there. But the biggest problem was the attitude of the staff: basically they've closed the door and left some printed papers outside, for the guests arriving on that day. The papers basically said that we couldn't stay there and had a list of other hotels in the city (most of them were completely full) that we could contact. I definitely do not recommend this hostel

I showed up to find the manager absent after I had already emailed him my arrival time the night before. It was Osheaga weekend, so he had "overbooked" himself, and the place was full when I had arrived despite having a reservation. According to another person who was in a similar situation, he refused to refund our deposits even though he gave away our rooms. All of this because it was Osheaga weekend. This guy is totally unreliable. If you're going to book in advance, be aware.

• 1st Aug 2014

I didn't actually get to stay at this hostel. When I arrived with my reservation, I was told the hostel was over-booked. I was taken by a minion to a sketchy pay-by-the-hour establishment down the road. The cops were already there doing a CSI investigation. The minion left me. I stayed about 20 mins when I called back the OM refusing to stay at their alternate. He gave me some BS about suing the place but never actually found me a suitable place to stay. I had to do this by myself. Worst ever!

Staff person was so stoned that it took 20 minutes of repeated questions, confusion, and bad jokes to finally get a place to sleep, and I was double-charged for the deposit. Overcharge refunded when I noticed the next day, though with the complaint that they didn't charge me for late checkout (there wasn't anyone around!). Extremely creaky beds. A little grimy and I'm hardly a cleanliness-minded person. Codes can easily be reused, and most of the time there was nobody around to notice.

Great host, made me feel right at home. The host provided a lot of food/drinks in the fridge to share with the the housemates. I loved the atmosphere like the patio with chairs and the beautiful green in the backyard. I liked the layout of the house and location, was close to everything or easily accessible. Would definitely return here if ever in Montreal again.

• 7th Jun 2014