OMG Backpacker Reviews

219 Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

Location was perfect and staff was very helpful. The rooms was very very basic. No lockers, sheets being cleaned every third day, no keys to the room etc. Bathroom was poetically the worst I've seen in Asia so far. As expected a toilet without flush, and a bucket for showing, but the condition of it all was so low so we didn't even attempt a shower. And yes, we've already gotten used to showing from a bucket on our Asia trip, which is perfectly fine if things are clean and in good condition.

You really do get what you pay for here. It's cheap and good if you need a place to stay for a night or two, the staff are super friendly and helpful and will guide you with anything and everything you need. But like I said, you pay $10 or so for a bed and some good hospitality but facilities are poor.

• 6th Feb 2016

The people who work here are the best thing about this place

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Mexico

A very affordable accommodation. Only stayed for a night to catch a flight the next day but I felt the warmth of hospitality of Palawenos in a short period of time, through Ate Ludz and Mark and the other staff. It was a lovely stay. Will never forget that side trip to Blue Palawan on a Sunday Morning. Very chilled and relaxing. 😉 very hospitable and accomodating indeed!

If you pay like 300 pesos for a bed here, don't expect to have it like a super classy with hot water and such. This place is good for meeting another traveller- the common room has a lot of stories to tell. This place is special for me because of the people that's in it. I am quite lucky to have met them and shared laughter, meals, stories and more with them. This place fits to anyone who can appreciate simple things in life. Thank you so much!

I had a great time there. The staff is really nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend the hostel!

• 24th Jan 2016

This place has such a great vibe and atmosphere. The owner, Luds, is very accommodating and friendly. She'd even let you use their family kitchen and sound system. (YES, GUESTS CAN PLAY THEIR OWN SONGS HERE). There's even a small stage with a sound mixer, drum set and some amps that you can use (at a reasonable volume of course). WiFi is pretty good but if you want a much faster connection, stay in the Common Area (2nd floor). But if you just wanna chill out, proceed to the mini bar downstairs.

The staff here are really friendly and it's a good location if you want to get to the airport. It's very very basic, I know it's cheap so you can't expect too much but you don't even get a bed sheet and you have to purchase your own toilet roll. The room I was in had a very strange smell. I would only recommend staying here if you are on a tight budget and need somewhere to stay for one night

There was nobody working when I arrived and signs saying they were closed rang the bell and someone came. Was put in a different dorm than I had booked and when I tried to pay was told they didn't have change. Window in room didn't close and was right beside bar which blasted music despite there being nobody at the bar. There was never any workers around. Only good thing was good wifi. No blanket for the bed not even a sheet. Door handle fell off and didn't lock. Toilet didn't flush.

You get what you pay for, don't expect for too much.

I slept in a dormitory on the ground and it was impossible to sleep until midnight because the music in the outdoor bar was to loud, and at 7;30 in the morning, builders was working in the hostel and there were very noisy

• 14th Jan 2016

Cheap place and you get what you pay for, no AC and stuff. Very good location on the main street though. Nice common room. No toilet paper provided - staff say it's because people won't stop clogging the toilet which I understand but I'm not sure if this is the correct way to deal with it. The staff are SUPER NICE and helpful, checked me in at night with no problem, gave useful tips and when I messed up with my trip, they went so far to drive me around the city to help me. BIG THANKS for that!

Toilett/shower stinks of urine. I booked a female dorm, but the second night it was mixed. I booked a tour at the hostel, the tour was a joke, instead of bringing us to the underground river, we stopped at a zip line place and had to wait there for 2 hours. They just wanted to sell us the zip line thing.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Austria

Great place for a short visit to Puerto Princesa. The staff were really accommodating, especially since I checked in very late at night. The dorms are a bit cramped, but it's perfect for a short visit when either arriving from - or going to - the airport.

This hostel is a get what you pay for hostel so don't expect 5 star! The staff who work here especially the female behind the main desk (sorry I missed her name) was fantastic! Very helpful and more then happy to go out of her way to ensure you have a great and cost effective trip! The hostel is in the doing up stages but the private rooms are fine. A big room, good bed and a clean toilet and shower.! Would recommend but remember to keep an open mind when visiting this hostel!

I just stayed there overnight but they helped me with all the bookings that i needed to, very friendly staff and a cool bar outside.

In wasn't given a key to the dorm room, so the door was always open and it was very easy for anyone to walk in to the hostel. Otherwise, a good place, clean enough, with a good atmosphere and location.

Very close to the airport. Transportation to go to port Barton or El Nido can be arranged at the desk.

Very friendly and helpful staff! The button of my pants ripped, and the staff were helpful and provided me with sewing materials. I complained about the heat of the dorm room, and they were nice to provide an extra fan and extension cord! An extra mile service at its best! My only concern is that the dorm room isn't very well ventilated. The management ought to fix this problem (not just by adding more fans, but perhaps adjust the orientation of beds/windows.

This is a simple and basic hostel located in a very good location and cent percent value for the money. Customer service is very good and they give you the very accurate info if you want to have Do it yourself tours.

View all Puerto Princesa City Hostels