OMG House Reviews

219 Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

Good location as it is very near the city proper. The room is good and clean; however, you would hear noises from other guests in the adjacent room. The toilet flush didn't work and the sink had clogged. Good for transient stay only. Not much to do and see in the vicinity as well.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was clean and I had my own bathroom! (This is a plus in Palawan). The manager was very helpful and easy to talk to. I'd totally stay here again.

I enjoyed my time at the OMG House. Clean dorms. Nice location. Friendly staff.

Waited a long time for somebody at reception. Lacking atmosphere. No lock on door to the dorm room. The two bathrooms were quite small. Staff were friendly though.

Please looks like a hole in the wall. You get what you pay for basically, which was fine with me since all I need was a place to sleep. The staff is helpful in a way. Not much do to around the area. I thought it was a decent place to stay while going to the Underground river, which takes up most of your day. My only issue was waking up with mosquito bites. There is a McDonalds in front of the place.

Very friendly and helpful owner, who really goes out of her way to offer helpful advice and information to her guests. She can also arrange trips to the Underground River and Honda Bay. The location is also good in the middle of Rizal Avenue, conveniently near shops, banks, restaurants etc.

The staff is incredibly helpful! I could not have done half of what I have done without the owner of the hostel... Thanks!!!

Very basic but good. There's no communal space, except for some tables outside. There were ants in the bathroom, but no other critters. The fans in the dorm room kept things cool enough. The staff were helpful and kind. The hostel is on a main road, so you can find lots of restaurants and take a jeepney to the bus station.

I had a great experience at OMG house. I stayed a few days here and the beds were clean, they let me use their stove to cook, and the staff was very kind and friendly. They helped me plan my stay and helped me find a hostel on my way to El Nino. Perfectly located right in the middle of Puerto Princessa next to McDonalds you can actively do anything in the city from here. It was a little dirty from construction outside when I was there but that did not effect the rooms.

Very dirty, dorm door is always open (no lock), although lockers are provided. Bucket flush toilets only, showers just a trickle but enough to have a wash. Rooms without aircon are unbearably hot. Saw 3 rooms altogether - all a bit like prison. Staff are really nice though and v helpful - we asked to change room and it was no problem. Staff can also book travel and tours for you. Very cheap so you do get what you pay for. Wouldn't stay again though.

If the room doesn't have air conditionning it's impossible to sleep. Not enough places to charge electronic devices. Although it is the usual for hostels, lack of privacy and comfort. Very good location. Really affordable. Staff might not be the most friendly (neither unfriendly), but are very helpful if you need to book a visit / transportation.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Spain

Big lockers, helpful staff and really nice atmosphere with benches outside and music. I must say that the cleanliness and facilities could have been better.

The Location is convenient near for the banks and restaurant.they also offer tours and has a friendly staff

I had a great time staying at the hostel. It's conveniently located near to the airport as well as close to shops and restaurants. The staff were kind and helpful. They helped me to arrange the underground river tour as well as accommodation in El Nido. I would recommend this place to anyone and would definitely stay there again.

• 30th Mar 2014