OMG House Reviews

219 Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

A true hostel in a central location, rooms were tidy and staff were extremely helpful with all our questions

the staff are lovely and the location for Puerto Princesa is great, but the facilities are the nicest. the dorm is very cramped and hot and the bathrooms/toilets arent the best.

Really helpful staff, but the place isn't very clean especially the bathrooms.

The dorms are dirty, the bathrooms terrible and the owner, while lovely, gave us false information : - OMP Hostel in El Nido is not a sister hostel of OMG - And it is not cheap : 550 Pesos a night for the cheapest dorm. - It is not easy to find accommodation for 6 people in El Nido at 10-11 p.m. in late November.

Friendly and helpful staff. Bathrooms could be cleaner

Best hostel in Palawan I had an amazing time at OMG!! Super friendly and helpful staff, amazing atmosphere, good location! But over all the best place to meet other backpacker!

i enjoyed my stay at OMG, the staff was very helpfull to me. it is located in city center walking distance to great food , the market,and the baywalk, i appreciated the expert advice about travelling to el nido and port barton. i liked my fan only room, and was plenty cool at night. a good place for musicians and singers

• 8th Nov 2014

OMG is a basic value for money hostel and you will not be dissapointed if you book with this in mind. There is a nice little common area upstairs and they are currently renovating with what looks to be a promising bar and dance floor area. The rooms are clean and have lockers. The highlight of this place is definitely the owner who is extremely friendly and welcoming. She speaks excellent english and gives great advice on what to do in the area and in the greater Palawan region.

It was clear no-one had been in the room recently and wasn't checked before our arrival. Found a cockroach in the bathroom on arrival and hair still in the drain cover. Also found some hairs on the bedding. I know this is very budget but some things need to be checked. Lacking atmosphere, maybe due to the lack of guests at that point because of ongoing renovations.

OMG was my home away from home on my Sept trip to Palawan and i couldn't have enjoyed my stay more. From the moment i walked through the gates i felt at home and was treated as family. Dorm was clean and quiet, facilities were adequate, location is convenient, staff were extremely accommodating and the price of a bed was well below what you would expect to pay. Would definitely recommend- looking forward to staying again after renovations!

• 16th Sep 2014

Good location as it is very near the city proper. The room is good and clean; however, you would hear noises from other guests in the adjacent room. The toilet flush didn't work and the sink had clogged. Good for transient stay only. Not much to do and see in the vicinity as well.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was clean and I had my own bathroom! (This is a plus in Palawan). The manager was very helpful and easy to talk to. I'd totally stay here again.

I enjoyed my time at the OMG House. Clean dorms. Nice location. Friendly staff.

Waited a long time for somebody at reception. Lacking atmosphere. No lock on door to the dorm room. The two bathrooms were quite small. Staff were friendly though.

Please looks like a hole in the wall. You get what you pay for basically, which was fine with me since all I need was a place to sleep. The staff is helpful in a way. Not much do to around the area. I thought it was a decent place to stay while going to the Underground river, which takes up most of your day. My only issue was waking up with mosquito bites. There is a McDonalds in front of the place.

Very friendly and helpful owner, who really goes out of her way to offer helpful advice and information to her guests. She can also arrange trips to the Underground River and Honda Bay. The location is also good in the middle of Rizal Avenue, conveniently near shops, banks, restaurants etc.

The staff is incredibly helpful! I could not have done half of what I have done without the owner of the hostel... Thanks!!!

View all Puerto Princesa City Hostels