OMG House Reviews

219 Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

Very friendly but not so efficient staff, and I would have rated higher if there hadn't been mice running around our room all night (one was on the bed). Location was fantastic and off the street so nice and quiet.

• 14th May 2015

I love this place great to stay in Puerto Princesa The staff was amazing and very helpful to all our question they help us book underground river tour and travel to El Nido and a cheap great accommodation us well . Nice and simple but clean hostel, close to many shops and restaurants and only a 10-15 minute walk to the main attractions of Puerto Princesa and the bay walk. Already excellent value for money so dont expect a huge space coz its just basic and not boring hostel coz you will meet bun

• 11th May 2015
  • Swaziland

Very smelly, too hot (1fan for 6beds), not very clean, you can't close the toilets properly and there is a window on the door so everyone can see you from outside.

• 8th May 2015

Staff was super friendly and helpful and the location cannot be beat. If you're really ambitious you could walk to the airport it's so close, and it's a quick walk to Baywalk, ATM is next door, and really delicious local, cheap, Filipino food just a 2 min walk away. Dorm is quite nice, as the fans make it very cool during the night, and security makes sure the grounds are locked up at a decent hour! Go there, it's great value.

There's a stage with live music next to the bar...but I don't know if this is every night. It's centrally located. The dorm was full when I showed up, so they upgraded my reservation to a single. The only reason I gave a poor rating on the security is because the door handle/lock to our room was coming off and anyone could walk up into the hostel. Everyone was super nice and it's really close to the airport.

Really good hostel! The staff are all really friendly & helpful in booking things around town & to El Nido. Many of the people at the hostel stayed for many days and it's a very laid back atmosphere.

Really comfortable place in the heart of Puerto Princesa. Super friendly and knowledgeable staff. Has an excellent patio and common area with a bar and kitchen where you can prepare your own food. Great for meeting people, seeing live music and excellent fire dancing. Fantastic value, would definitely stay again!

• 24th Apr 2015

It's a basic hostel with a great atmosphere. The staff was friendly and helpful, always a bunch of people in the common area to hang out with, good wifi (for Puerto Princesa). For the price, you can't expect a luxurious resort, but if you're not expecting too much from the place it can be a very nice stay.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

OMG is not only accessible to all restaurants, banks and bars in Puerto Princesa. It also comes with a homey feel and very helpful and friendly staff. Plus, it's super close to the airport! Has very good wifi, too! You have to remember that this is a bakcpackers' place so don't expect hot showers, ACs and free breakfasts. They do have private rooms with private toilet & ACs, so if you have a few extra hundred pesos to spare, go book one. It's cheaper if you share the said room with someone.

Very friendly community at OMG hostel. With a good location close to everything we needed. Everyone was very eager to answer our questions or help us when we needed. I haven't been to many hostels yet but this crew did a great job!

• 12th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

a very nice place. the stuff are really nice. but it is too hot.. you really need an aircon rooms in that area.. but after all its worth the money!!

Great staff!! But noisy as they do karaoke till about midnight sometimes. Hot in the dorm. Great location in the town close to the airport.

The dorm room in the basement is very stuffy. 12 beds for a small room is too much and no A/C. You can hardly breathe. And the toilet and bathroom facility is too poor, the smallest place i have ever seen, like an airplane lavatory. But the staff are too friendly always smiling, but the facilities is very very poor.

great staff who made me feel at home, came back there for a second stay!

there isnt a key for the dorm. It's just knock on the door.. Other than that, really nice. Really friendly staff

• 3rd Mar 2015

OMG has a friendly, helpful staff, but they were confused about bookings and difficult to find at times. The rooms weren't super clean and the bathrooms were horrendous... No pressure in the shower resulted in little more than a trickle of water, all of the toilets required a bucket for flushing, and the bathroom didn't have a light in it. The hostel serves food which was nice, and there was a stage / live music. Personally, I had an early flight so I wish I'd known it was more of party vibe.

no problems at all. well located - we walked to there from the airport (+- 1km). Very helpful and nice staff. A very good start for the Palawan experience.

Cheap place, very nice people friendly and helpful. I will recommend this address in Puerto Princesa.

Perfect place to stay, the stuff is just amazing and so friendly i felt like being at home there!

• 20th Feb 2015

I arrived late and most people were already out for dinner. I was reading on my bed when 2 staff members invited me to hop in the van and get some dinner at a restaurant a ways away. We went to small but popular spot I'd never find on my own. The facilities are average, but the staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful during my stay.

• 17th Feb 2015