OMG House Reviews

219 Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

Please looks like a hole in the wall. You get what you pay for basically, which was fine with me since all I need was a place to sleep. The staff is helpful in a way. Not much do to around the area. I thought it was a decent place to stay while going to the Underground river, which takes up most of your day. My only issue was waking up with mosquito bites. There is a McDonalds in front of the place.

Very friendly and helpful owner, who really goes out of her way to offer helpful advice and information to her guests. She can also arrange trips to the Underground River and Honda Bay. The location is also good in the middle of Rizal Avenue, conveniently near shops, banks, restaurants etc.

Very basic but good. There's no communal space, except for some tables outside. There were ants in the bathroom, but no other critters. The fans in the dorm room kept things cool enough. The staff were helpful and kind. The hostel is on a main road, so you can find lots of restaurants and take a jeepney to the bus station.

I had a great experience at OMG house. I stayed a few days here and the beds were clean, they let me use their stove to cook, and the staff was very kind and friendly. They helped me plan my stay and helped me find a hostel on my way to El Nino. Perfectly located right in the middle of Puerto Princessa next to McDonalds you can actively do anything in the city from here. It was a little dirty from construction outside when I was there but that did not effect the rooms.

Very dirty, dorm door is always open (no lock), although lockers are provided. Bucket flush toilets only, showers just a trickle but enough to have a wash. Rooms without aircon are unbearably hot. Saw 3 rooms altogether - all a bit like prison. Staff are really nice though and v helpful - we asked to change room and it was no problem. Staff can also book travel and tours for you. Very cheap so you do get what you pay for. Wouldn't stay again though.

If the room doesn't have air conditionning it's impossible to sleep. Not enough places to charge electronic devices. Although it is the usual for hostels, lack of privacy and comfort. Very good location. Really affordable. Staff might not be the most friendly (neither unfriendly), but are very helpful if you need to book a visit / transportation.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Spain

Big lockers, helpful staff and really nice atmosphere with benches outside and music. I must say that the cleanliness and facilities could have been better.

The Location is convenient near for the banks and restaurant.they also offer tours and has a friendly staff

I had a great time staying at the hostel. It's conveniently located near to the airport as well as close to shops and restaurants. The staff were kind and helpful. They helped me to arrange the underground river tour as well as accommodation in El Nido. I would recommend this place to anyone and would definitely stay there again.

• 30th Mar 2014

It's basic but you get what you pay for. THE STAFF ARE AMAZING. You can't fault them at all!!! Lovely and fun but chille and respect your privacy. The manager knows everything about the local area and can arrange torus and hostels in el nido. The bar is goo and cheap!! Nice addition guys! I've stayed here twice and I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I returned. Would like to have a simple breakfast on offer.. But that's not necessity.

best location amazing staff you can walk to restaurants ,shops & food market

Amazing staff, great location and atmosphere, basic and good value. Making improvements all the time. Would recommend.

We booked a dorm but were given a private room for our group of three which was nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful, however they got the some information wrong about the cost of a trip to the underground cave. Puerto princesa was very hot and the fan was not effective enough to keep us cool. The hostel is well located for getting to th airport and places to eat/bars. There was no light in the toilet, and the door was a weird metal door that didnt close. The room light wasnt great.

Really enjoyed my stay at OMG. The staff on the front desk were very helpful, friendly and honest with respect to booking tours and onward travel. They were very obliging in sorting a trip to the Underground river for me, at the last minute! Great chilled out music played out across the bench chill-out area. I felt the design and layout of the hote shouldn't work - but somehow it did. One lock on one bathroom was broken so the other one got a bit wrecked, but GREAT location in the central strip.

Wonderful family owning this place! They let us taste cacao and another fruit growing in the yard! Really helpful with everything!

Only stayed one night but left a good impression. Seemed easy to socialise, dorms were clean, staff informative, good location to transfer to the airport. No lock on main door to dorm, but lockers provided and it's set down a driveway.

Central location in puerto to go anywhere you just have to use your feet or pay some piso for the tricycle. The staffs are so friendly and love them. The bathroom is a bit small but consider what u have paid it is worth it

Well located close to the airport and bars and places to eat. The staff here are amazing and so helpful. Basic but great value and a good place to meet other travellers.

Good location, nice staff. Security could be better as we didn't have any keys for the dorm room. But overall had a nice stay

OMG has a good location, but it's quite dirty and isn't properly represented like the photos online. The building is in dire need of a good cleaning, and they don't seem to be doing anything to remedy that. Our room actually had a line of ants coming in through a crack and going right into one of the beds (probably looking for scraps of food that were never vacuumed up). EVERYTHING about the place seemed very run-down. It seemed like they weren't trying at all to keep it in good condition.

• 22nd Feb 2014