ONCE in Cape Town Reviews

69 Kloof street, Cape Town, South Africa

I liked the hostel. Had an unfortunate run in with occupants, but that is not the hostel's fault. Really clean rooms, comfy beds, and individual bathrooms! Best night of sleep in Cape Town by far.

• 20th Dec 2014

Once In Cape Town was excellent. The rooms were nice with power point boxes at the top of the bed that locked and there were full size lockers. The location was perfect. It was a 40 min walk to the waterfront and just above long street. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was great! Would definitely stay there again.

Really great place. The rooms are clean and modern, and have their own bathroom. The lockers are huge, and you also get an extra locker behind your bed with plugs inside so you can charge your phone or laptop safely when you're gone. The place offers activities every day, the place is social and they also have their own restaurant/bar which is also a nice place to chill at. The breakfast (free) is perfect. The location is very close to Longstreet and very central.

Stay was very good, however, I kept bumping my leg on the clipboard hanging next to my bed due to the beds being rather close to each other, which was a bit annoying. Maybe just my clumsiness though :D. Also, it was very dark on the bottom bunks and more than two plugs for four would have been nice. Otherwise a very nice hostel and great breakfast.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Great location, very secure and clean place! The staff is also very helpful and friendly. The cafe Yours Truly which share the ground level with the hostel has a great vibe and nice people.

Beds and bathroom were really good and clean. Breakfast was also great at the coffee place downstairs. The hostel has a good vibe if you're traveling with friends or boyfriend but if you're a solo backpacker you probably won't meet many people because the common area most used is the coffee shop/bar and usually the groups just sit together so there's no much interaction

Pros: - The staff were extremely nice and helped me decide how to best spend the 4 days I had. They made calls, booked trips and were genuinely interested in hearing opinions of trips afterwards. - It's a 5 minute walk to Long Street. - After returning from an excursion, there is need to worry about going out for dinner. Just go downstairs for some great pizza and sandwiches. Cons: - The water pressure was horrible and trying to get hot water for a shower was very difficult. Cons:

the dorms are quit small, but the place is very welcoming...nice and helpful staff, good breakfast, and easy to get in touch with others! Had a great stay!

once upon a time.... in cape town.... I had a blast because I stayed at the coolest hostel.

Best hostel we've stayed in on our whole trip! Really fun atmosphere and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Amazing breakfast and good WiFi and our rooms were cleaned everyday. Hot showers and super comfy beds and all rooms were very secure. Can't fault it!

Absolutely loved my stay here! The place was clean and the staff very friendly. There are several restaurants around the hostel and Long Street is just a short walk away. Not to mention the beds, they were very comfy with warm duvets and two pillows. The only downside I can think of is that this is a big hostel, so for me it was harder to meet people outside my dormroom than in smaller hostels. But I met great people in my dormroom, so it wasn't really a problem.