ONCE in Cape Town Reviews

69 Kloof street, Cape Town, South Africa

Great staff, decent breakfast, very popular bar at night, and a great do-it-yourself kitchen in the back. Very close to Long Street but far enough away to be a little quieter, and there are a bunch of places nearby on or around Kloof Street. En-suite bathrooms in the dorm rooms are a great touch and the private rooms have a tv and towels and shower accessories. My only minor complaints are that the wifi signal can be poor in some rooms and with no AC the rooms can get hot. Window screens needed.

The hostel is kind of a mix between hotel and hostel. I was in a room that had a double bed and a private bathroom that was just me but I know you could also get a dorm style room (which is less expensive also). I was visiting someone so I spent not a lot of time at the hostel trying to socialize although there are a few hangout areas where it seems like it would be easy to meet people. The facilities were top notch: hot water, nice bed, fan in my room to keep me cool. Would definitely go back!

1 2 Next » last »