ONE80º Hostel - Alexanderplatz Reviews

Otto-Braun-Strasse 65, Berlin, Germany

Great location, nice dorms and friendly helpful staff.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I wouldn't reccomend this hostel to anyone. The location is great, and it is very secure, but their facilities, rules, and prices are very poor. It's a €100 fine for bringing alcohol into the hostel. You would assume that alcohol in their bar would then be cheap... but no, a cocktail is €8! The rooms were on fire, no aircon or fan, and we queued for over an hour to check in. Very disappointing. One girl on the desk was very helpful, but the other staff were usually texting instead of helping.

• 21st Jul 2014

I arrived at 1500 at one80 hostel the line was out the door to checkin. So i decided to go for a a walk and come back later. When I returne two hours later the line was. Still out the door. I decided to line up. It tookover an hour tocheck in. I came back down at 2100 that night and the line was still out the door. Only 2 staff to check in a hugehostel. Ridicoulous. The bathroom was broken on our floor so we had to go down 4 levels just to use the bathroom. Therewas a foul smell in the hallway.

• 21st Jul 2014

The location was perfect and the room and the bathrooms were clean. The WiFi was very good too. It was a little bit expensive though. A few comments: some people of the staff were a little bit useless when two problems appeared, i had troubles everyday with my key card that they couldnt resolve (they even thought it was me using it wrong), and when i wanted to do the laundry they said they didnt have any washing powder and couldnt do anything about it, i had to walk a long way to a place.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Wasn't able to check in until 3pm. Staff weren't very helpful.

We found part of the staff very unpolite and not helpful at all. The matresses in our room were very dirty and the room was not as clean as we expected it to be

Really good location and good chill out area. Staff sometimes treated us as annoyances rather than guests but there were some lovely ones. Really good pubcrawl with great staff. Food and drinks were not very cheap. Wifi was decent. Recommend for young people looking for a central and fun hostel.

Overall, I loved my stay. It was close to the train station and the TV tower.

• 10th Jul 2014

One room was full of bugs but the staff did allow us to change room, however the staff aren't the friendliest! The location is great, really handy, a bike is a good investment when staying in the hostel however don't be surprised if you are told there are none!

There were 2 windows in the room, one of them was broken so it didn't open and The other opened just a part. The room smelled bad, The prople in reception was very rude, they charge 20 euros for each time using The hairdryer, and the coletive bathroom wasn't cleaned with frequency

• 3rd Jul 2014

Was a really nice hostle but it was a little bit out from the city centre. It was extremely clean and the rooms were fantastic. We would have liked if the rooms were grouped with people around the same age as we were staying with a married couple who weren't as up for the social aspect.

• 3rd Jul 2014

room next to main road makes it very noisy.

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff were rude, inefficient and super slow. The room was tiny and not suitable for the amount of people. The shower fluctuated from cold to warm all the time. The breakfast was overpriced and charged extra for every little thing. The lockers to leave your luggage were outrageously expensive. Would not recommend, especially as we later found out just round the corner there was a cheaper hotel than this hostel

Very good hostel, staff a little bit bitter.

A huge hostel (I'm talking large hotel size), had to wait 45 minutes in line when checking in. Clean hostel, location is close to Alexanderplatz, which is nice. Beer downstairs is very expensive (around 5 euro), and no own drinks are allowed.

One thing that did annoy me was that we had to pay to store our luggage before check in, cost us 3 euro. The hostel was very big and you had to wait at the reception for around 5-10mins because it was so busy. It seemed to be a very party-central hostel which I am not a fan of, so didn't really enjoy my stay. The facilities were good - we booked a 6 bed mixed dorm and ended up having the whole room to ourselves for 2 nights. The location is brilliant, a 5 min walk from Alexanderplatz.

Hostel was fab. Only complaint is that the bathrooms weren't always stocked with toilet paper!

The check in time was way out of time. When we got the room the door lock didn't work and they just offered complementary locks. Some of the staff seem to be there just to have fun and not to do an effective job. Didn't find some of the reception dudes too friendly to be in the front of the house. The premises were clean and as advertised, location wise perfect for commuting.

You have to pay for luggage storage, probably not the most friendly hostel for solo traveler.

My friends and I are really pleased with our experience at this hostel. We effectuated 2 different bookings and asked them if we could still be in the same room, and the staff was nice enough to accommodate our request! The dorm room was really nice and cozy, although we all were a little bit perplexed that the bed numbers that had been assigned to us were of basically no use since people had already taken possession of them. It wasn't a big deal in the end but that may be something to improve.