ONE80º Hostel - Alexanderplatz Reviews

Otto-Braun-Strasse 65, Berlin, Germany

Needed more loo rolls always none left in the morning ;-(

• 21st Jul 2015

I came here being told its the best place, well I was shocked.. Here is why this place sucked so bad:1-Check in is at 3. Room wasn't ready till 4.Not a big deal, unless you've been backpacking all day. CONSIDERING checkout is at10, rooms should be ready.2-Hotels Wifi sucks. I stayed on Floor 7. No wifi in the rooms, and spotty in the lobby3-Floor 7 male bathroom had 6 shower stalls.Only 1 had a privacy door. bathroom was DISGUSTING as well and the hallways and elevator smelled of beer. Dirty too

Directions on email weren't very good as made reference to an advertising board that didn't exist any more and needed to use Google maps to find. Once arrived was told would be able to be in room by 2pm but had to wait till 3pm as was still being cleaned. Bathrooms on all floors for male and female but were often flooded and no toilet roll. Room was small but good enough. Rooms got quite warm as window only opened a tiny bit. No kitchen either which led to spending a lot on food in Berlin

Great hostel with great vibe and awesome location. Only thing is it would have been good to have a kitchen! Would definitely recommend!

We had a good time at the one 80 hostel. The staff was friendly but very slow with checking in people and helping people at the bar. The location was great.

Very nice hostel with excellent facilities and pristinely clean rooms. We stayed in a four bed dorm which happened to have its own ensuite bathroom (something we were not aware of when initially booking)! It was all very clean. The only issues were that the wifi was very intermittent, the rooms were very hot in the summer as there was no ac and that the lockers could only be locked with certain types of padlock.

My hostel room smelt and the showers were not working at my level. One of the worst hostels I have stayed in.

• 15th Jul 2015

There were open live wires next to the bed in the room. The plugs didn't work and when we arrived in the room the electricity wasn't working at all. It took until 22.30 for a member of staff to fix the lights. The bathrooms/showers were four floors above us! Finally the hallways stunk and the litter in them didn't get picked up the whole time we were there. My friends and I were expecting one of the best hostels on our trip and instead this was by far the worst!

• 15th Jul 2015

1) having to dress my bed myself and get sheets, pillow cover and a duvet was a first in any hostels iv stayed at and I think as part of the fee I paid it should be done everyone in our room where shocked about it too. 2) one of the staff where quite uninterested when we arrived which I found quite rude. 3) the purpose of a hostel is for them to provide a kitchen where we can cook to lessen our spending that was not available and defeated the purpose really.

• 11th Jul 2015

We stayed here two nights and it was great. It is only a 10 minute walk from a station, so it's easily accessible. The rooms had private bathrooms and were spacious. The only issue is that there wasn't soap in the bathroom. There is a bar in the lobby, so it was really popular at night which made the atmosphere really great!

One word, HORRID. Regret our stay immensely. Staff were rude and absolutely no help, the rooms were dirty, we had to wait past check-in time to check-in and once we were allowed in our room it was still being cleaned (it was 3:30pm by this time). Wifi rarely works, laundry room was filthy, when we were in there the staff were picking dirty blankets off the floor, examining them and then throwing them onto a "clean pile" if it looked clean. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to my worst enemy.

• 10th Jul 2015

The hostel is a little overpriced but it's so lovely, the rooms are lovely and the staff are so helpful! Would be a lot better if there was breakfast, but there's so great places to eat! Very near the tourist area but a bit of a while to the main clubs and bars! The only things are there's no sanitary bins in the toilet but such nice en suite!

The rooms were very clean, the shower is amazing, and the hostel is perfectly located.

• 9th Jul 2015

Very spacious rooms in a good location to Alexanderplatz station and U & S Bahn access around Berlin. Staff were very helpful in letting our group pay individually when checking in. Facilities were lacking somewhat though, e.g. no soap or towels included and no air con in rooms.

• 8th Jul 2015

Excelente option! The breakfast is a little expensive but everything is perfect

Really lovely hostel, comfy beds and fab showers! Could do with some air conditioning, and also a mirror in the rooms wouldn't go amiss. Nice communal area downstairs.

Wonderful hostel with nice modern rooms and good location. Wi-fc decent and the showers were amazing. Staff were horrendous. Receptionist with the dreadlocks needs a training course in dealing with people. Outrageously rude.

• 5th Jul 2015

I stayed there with my family for a week. We were in a private room. Everything was very clean and the location is very convenient. However, be prepared to meets lots of hard party lovers in the hallways. It was pretty noisy at night when people came back from clubbing but it did not keep us from sleeping. The staff was helpful in general.

This hostel looks okay from the outside but it is deceiving. The staff were so rude from the moment we walked in and every time we tried to ask any sort of question they just made out like we were a nuisance. They don't let you check in until 2 but you have to make your own bed and buy your own towels! So not sure what they were doing for so long. You don't get pillow cases and the pillows all had black hair over them. The location looks like your in a deserted area with literally nothing around

• 4th Jul 2015

Only stayed for 2 nights but we can highly recommend it! Nice for young people who wants to party but it's not a must. We partied one night and had a nice calm second night as well. Great location on Alexanderplatz and very nice staff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4