9.2
Superb 982 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 982 Total Reviews
Oak Hostel Zen Located at 3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, , Tokyo.
Japan
Tokyo 110-0003 3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku
92% 982
35.7220139 139.7809007
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Sep 2016

Had a great night here. Wish I had stayed here my entire time in Tokyo. Really clean room and facilities. Super helpful staff and even able to use the shower once I had checked out before my flight. Definitely recommend.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
14th Sep 2016

Probably the best hostel I stayed at in Tokyo. This was an actual hostel with a kitchen you could cook and store food and also had a common area where people could hang out and meet other travels. Staff were awesome and friendly !

• Australia, Female, 41+
7th Sep 2016

Oak Hostel Zen was the first place we stayed when arriving in Japan. Since then we have stayed in a hostel in Kyoto, airbnbs in Osaka and Tokyo as well as the Crown Plaza in Hiroshima. We only stayed at Oak Zen for 2 nights but wished we could have stayed more as it was one of our favourite places during our time in Japan. It was very clean and comfortable and it's location made it easy to get to the JR Uguisidani station. It was also in walking distance to the tourists attractions in Ueno. ☺

• Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016
5.7

My stay here was pleasant, facilities are nice (though there are roaches around property) and location is good for transiting and walkable to Ueno park. However, a 1000 yen key deposit was taken when I arrived and when I left and asked for it back they said there was no record of a deposit taken and after much delay they said they would not be able to return it. This made my stay here of much less value than I had expected and left me questioning the integrity and organization of the staff.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
2nd Sep 2016

If you have JR Pass this is at a very convenient spot. Good facilities. Clean. Friendly enough staff. Nothing super unique but a good solid place to stay. I recommend

• Japan, Female, 18-24
30th Aug 2016

This is by far the nicest hostel that I've ever stayed in as a backpacker. I've been to many hostels around the world and this was the nicest ever! I already went back for a second time and love Oak Hostel Zen immensely! Thank you for such wonderful hospitality!! I had an incredible stay here and would definitely recommend it to anyone out there!! :)

• Germany, Female, 18-24
30th Aug 2016

Very clean room and facilities, super friendly stuff. Unfortunately no real hostel atmosphere because most of the guests are Asian and don't really want to speak English. One thing that really disturbed me, that the hostel is not responsible for of course!, is that I could not really sleep at night because every night some Asian girl would start wrapping her stuff in endless plastic backs and re-pack her suitcase, making a hell of a noise at 3 am. So better bring earplugs ;)

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
27th Aug 2016
5.4

Clean and beautiful hostel, BUT unsafe! The staff opened my locker (the locker worked with a code, you can't use your own padlock), took all my important things and brought to the reception. According to them, other people wanted to use it... It was not check out time and they didn't move anything from my bed. So why opening my locker?? Also, if you take the flexible reservation (witch you need to pay more) and decide to cancel your check out date 24h in advantage, you won't be refunded.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
26th Aug 2016

I would 100% recommend this hostel as a great base for your time in Japan. The room was cleaned daily and sheets and towels were replenished daily. The staff were very welcoming and were very happy to offer advise on where to go to eat and what to see etc. Location is great and very close to the JR Line. Surrounding area and the hostel were very quiet so we always got a good nights sleep after hectic days.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
21st Aug 2016

good hostel close to yamanote line station. Everything you need, clean, dorms sometimes noisy due to 8 beds. Not much socialising going on.