Oak Hostel Zen Reviews

3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Such a wonderful hostel! Very friendly English speaking staff, convenient location off the yamanote line, and clean facilities. I would stay here again and recommend to anyone staying in Tokyo.

• 29th Mar 2015

J is so hospitable and generous. He took us out to some really great authentic Japanese bars. We had a great night. I would definitely stay there when I go back to Tokyo!

I was on a top bunk and the lights shine directly above - they don't block them out. I agree with the other reviews, it is like an impersonal hotel and it is noisy.

Would highly recommend this hostel to everyone! Super friendly staff! Great part of town and easy access to the train station and everything around it!

• 18th Mar 2015

I can really recommend this hostel. The rooms are very pretty and clean, we even had a fridge in our room. The room got cleaned every day and we got towels, toothbrushes and razors for free. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great place to stay in Tokyo and walkable from Ueno.

Very close to the train station and easy to find. The place is clean, bathroom is fone, also the staff is really welcome.

Great clean hostel close to the light rail but the atmosphere is more like a hotel than a hotel.

• 14th Mar 2015

Had an excellent stay overall but the walls were quite thin unfortunately. Was woken up at 4/5 am every night by people moving suitcases in the corridor. Overall clean, but I found a dust bunny under the desk and the ventilation vents were dirty. Staff is friendly and helpful. Very comfortable bed.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

5 minutes walk away from jr uguisudani station (though it would be the most convenient to stay in ikebukuro or shijuku) Quiet and peaceful neighbourhood Helpful staff :)

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

A really nice facility, laundry machines, nice showers etc... The location isn't great, pretty quiet area of Tokyo but you can take the subway most places very quickly. Not a great place to meet people of your traveling solo although I was only there for a night so it might just have been a quiet crowd.

We were very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the hostel. The staff were informative. The double room was better than a room in a premier inn in England. The beds were comfortable and clean. Very good value for money.

Good place to stay and very quite. Unfortunately, on last night of my stay some guests was make noise on the midnight.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

Oak hostel was amazing. Friendly staff, exceptionally clean showers, kitchen and bedroom areas. Very new and in a pretty good location close to Ueno station. Only downside was that there wasn't much of an area to hang out and drink with other hostel patrons. Saturday nights are meant to be really fun but I didn't get to see them.

every thing are great in Oak Hostal ZEN, the only thing you must concern is "can you live with different people such as bad mannas room-mates"

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

I enjoyed my stay here, met a lot of nice people. The kitchen is very well equipped. Dorms are big (16 person in female bunk dorm) but every bed has curtains which is nice. It's close to JR and subway station. 24hr convience store just around the corner. I will come back for another night in Tokyo! Only thing I didn't like: there was no drying line so you had to use the dryer 3 times to get your clothes dry.

The hostel was nice and close to Uguisudani station (Yamanote line) and closely located to convenience stores. The rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms (in fact all facilities) and the staff were always willing to help. The atmosphere was quieter than expected for a hostel but otherwise overall a great place. Would recommend to friends and am even planning on staying there again on our return to Tokyo.

clean hostel good atmosphere to chat with other traveler comfortable place Next to jr station which is one of station on Yamanote Line Near the 上野恩賜公園 which is one of the best place in tokyo to see Cherry blossoms Near Ueno Station which is very convenience to go to the Narita airport

Great hostel in Tokyo but just a little bit comment that they should be an elevator.

I needed to have an envelope sent to the hostel. Contacted them before arriving and they were very prompt in replying, polite and accommodating. Everything went smoothly. Quiet location but still central, on the Yamanote Line. The dorm was the best planned out and private dorm I've ever stayed in. Wonderful blackout curtains give you lots of privacy :) Other travelers kept to themselves, not a lot of socializing. But curry night was fun. Will definitely return. Thank you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7