Oak Hostel Zen Reviews

3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

This place was sooo posh and pleasant and the guy at the front desk was cute and super nice! I came back from a Mt. Fuji climb and I was super exhausted but i slept so well there and I love the fact that there was a curtain around my bunk bed! Thumbs up! Will come here often :))

Very good hostel, I booked a private room and it felt like we were in a 3-star hotel. It is also very well located, close to a metro and a train station. It would be even better though if they had breakfast.

Unfortunately i was there for only 1 night. I reccomend this Hostel. Clean, close to the subway station. The staff is very kind and helpful

Amazing. Spacious, modern and clean. One of the best I've been in Japan.

Great staff, friendly and nice. Highly recommended!

Great and hospitable staff, close to JR station, no real defect to pick

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Fantastic place. Very clean and pleasant staff. Great stay and would go back in a heartbeat

• 11th Aug 2014

The location of the hostel is great, very close to Ueno park and just some minutes away from a JR station. We could get easily to the different parts of the city we were interested in. We stayed four days in a semidouble room. It was a small room for two people but it was enough and we were ok. Everything was clean and staff were friendly. The only thing we missed was English instructions for the washing machine but this was no big issue. We will definitely come back if we visit Tokyo again!

Some suggestions based on my observations: - Female dorm toilet in Room 101 was down for the 5 days that I stayed & my dorm mates used the nearby female toilet but we kept getting locked out because we forgot the key. It was inconvenient ^_^" - A standing mirror in each section of the dorm will be helpful. - More clothes rack & hangers please - A small fold-able table perhaps for each bed? - Overall, the place was safe & the people were really friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay :)

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

It is a great place to stay, but it feels like you are more at a hotel where you stay with others rather than a fun hostel where you can meet people from around the world.

The first impression is great: very close to a subway station, the location is great (although asakusa is a bit far from major touristic spots in tokyo) and the reception hall is modern, clean and beautiful. But once you get to the rooms, a different hotel is revealed: really small bedrooms (even for tokyo measures), poor light, dirty rooms, no facilities. Certainly would not stay here again.

Really nice hostel forma it's price. Close to the subway station and convenience stores. Friendly staff with a good English. I loved the living room and kitchen, very well equipped. I definitely recommend this hostel

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Loved this place! Clean, well-maintained, super easy! A 10+ bed dorm can be a nightmare (definitely had a few of those on my trip) but this was awesome. The beds and dorm are spacious. You're in a bunk bed, but you aren't crowded. There is lots of space to store your bag, hang towels and clothes, a big locker, and black-out curtains all around your bed. Sighh.... so nice! The staff are very nice, and there is a ton of local info available.

The biggest hostel I stayed in in Japan, but everything was excellent and the atmosphere was still really good.

This place is great! Was my first hostel at a two month trip- Stayed for five nights and it was worth every minute- and the price is great. The staff was really nice and helpful for everyrhing I needed. And met some cool people there too. The hostel is two minutes walk from the train station, but not in the middle of the city. The area is more quite than shibuya or shinjuku, and its great to relax there and go to ueno park and zoo which are a walking distance too. Highly recommended!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Israel

I stayed at girls dorm for 4 nights - it was quite a new building so facilities were clean and nice. Also if you are not interested in using Tokyo metro during your stay, I strongly recommend this hostel - which is super close to JR Yamanotesen. I liked it so much, if I visit Tokyo again I will definitely stay here again.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Very happy. Clean and friendly staff! Made my stay welcoming. Would recommend to others. No problems at all!

The staff was nice, friendly, helpful and good looking!

Oak Hostel Zen is a great place, especially for the money. The showers were hot with great water pressure, the bedding was incredibly comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Definitely worth a look if you're in Tokyo!

Staffs are friendly. Location is good. Rooms are clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4