Oak Hostel Zen Reviews

3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

新しく部屋も広くベッドも鉄でがっしりして揺れない。設備は完璧。 Very new and the room is very big and bed is made of steel and doesnt shake at all. Equipment is perfect.

free tempura was nice! staff is good and accommodating. hangers in the dorm even have your bed number on it. there is also huge storage space for your stuff in the dorm. its maybe a ten minute walk to the ueno station.

Really nice place with great staff! Definitely more of a hotel than hostel. Not a great place to hang out and meet fellow travelers Excellent facilities and value

Just as the hostel name Zen suggested, it is a quiet and peaceful place to be away from the city crowd. The kitchen facilities are tip-top, everything is 'Perfectly' cleaned, rinsed and stored in storage compartment :) Water jet is strong and each room has wi-fi port so no worries of weak signal :) We especially love the electric bike rental where we cycled until Asakusa and Tokyo Skytree via the pathway. If u are a bike craze, this is a MUST DO :)

Front desk was friendly and helpful. Room was comfy and quiet. Perfect after a long flight.

• 9th Jul 2015

Kindness & friendly staffs & good location to near the station. The room is bigger than I review in photo, I booked the family room and it more space for our 4 suitcases. :)

I am amazed at how friendly, clean, conveniently located, and nice this place is altogether! It is well worth the value! I could've stayed longer! I love Oak Hostel Zen!!!!

• 1st Jul 2015

Lovely double room ensuite for a good price. Excellent location next to the Yamanote line (free with JR pass). Staff were OK. Not a very lively atmosphere, which was fine for us. Kitchen looked good.

Very clean and nice-looking place. Definitely enough space and within decent walking distance to everything. Staff were all friendly and helpful, and the rooms, showers, kitchen, and lobby were well-kept and felt like a nice hotel. Other guests were kind and it was quiet enough to concentrate on work.

• 29th Jun 2015

Nice hostel for he money. Not very social, we didn't meet anyone in 3 days there.

Nice place near the station and within easy walking distance of Ueno Park. Very clean and safe to the point of feeling slightly sterile, but the showers were great!

The staff at Oak Hostel were both friendly and extremely helpful. The hostel itself is located in Ueno, the North East part of Tokyo. The facilities were immaculate, with a large kitchen and wonderful shower / toilets to use. We would definitely recommend this to others for a great-value hostel in Tokyo. Thank you for having us Oak Hostel Zen!

• 21st Jun 2015

Oak hostel zen was a wonderful place to stay in Tokyo! It was very easy to find from Uguisudani station and staff was extremely friendly and helpful when we had questions about where to eat or get around the city. Location is great, we were able to quickly take the train to Akhiabara and Harajuku as well as Tokyo station to catch the Shinkansen to Osaka. The reception area had computers to use free of charge and a nice seating area for people to hang out in. Rooms modern and very clean.

• 21st Jun 2015

Oak Zen was really comfy. I stayed in a second floor dorm, and it was pretty spacious. I'd say the only down fall is the directions to find the hostel are not terribly accurate. I was lost for an hour before I finally figured it out. The hostel is located in an ALLEY (the first turn to your left BEFORE you come to another big stree/intersection with a family mart). THEN you will find a SECOND Family Mart in that alley, and you turn left down ANOTHER alley before passing that store.

Nice staff ,excelent clean, great location, very nice hostel. Big and very clean kitchen. We 've stayed in double private room. It was excelent.

Great place felt more like a hotel with shared bathrooms as we had one of the private twin rooms. Not far from the Jr station on one of the main lines, yamonote.

I loved my stay here. Staff were very kind and helpful!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

best hostel I stayed in,very clean,beds comfortabe,showers perfect,nice staff

it was a really comfortable stay at Oak Zen Hostel. the place is really as how the pictures depicted, very clean and relaxing. There's a really good local yakitori shop along the road from the train station as u walk towards the hostel

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

I couldn't believe it when we arrived!! Amazing accommodations! Everything looked brand new! So so clean, comfortable, spacious, amazing kitchen, common area, extra information at the front about where to eat and what to do, little hidden gems, etc. The staff was wonderful--so helpful, kind, and spoke fluent English. Super close to the JRail and the subway. Perfect location. I couldn't believe we found such a great place in Tokyo! Can't recommend it enough. So yourself a favor and STAY HERE!!

• 3rd Jun 2015