Oak Hostel Zen Reviews

3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The staffs there there are super nice, and the facilities are clean and convenient for travelers. A good place to stay.

Great location right near the main JR line so very easy to get anywhere in Tokyo. Not much atmosphere though and very little socialising :(

A solid hostel - great common areas, and though there is not as much privacy as is ideal in the rooms (all just open beds), it was very clean and well-laid out & I had a great experience.

Immaculate facilities and friendly staffs. Highly recommended.

Only stayed one night but would absolutely stay again for the value for money and location to trains.

Thanks for everything Oak Hostel Zen :) Had a wonderful time even though everything was booked on the 23rd. All of you staff working there, thank you for your friendliness. You guys are seriously the best hostel I have ever stayed at. From being friendly to having very comfortable and clean beds, there is nothing more a person can ask for. Stops from the nearby JR Yamanote line stop at every major location and is excellent.

• 10th Nov 2014

This hostel isn't a super social place, and a few other people I spoke to said they found it difficult to meet people because it was so quiet. But it's very clean and very personal; the bunks in the dorm have a curtain and a light and an electrical outlet. The showers are always clean and big enough that there is a space to get dressed which is very private. Kitchen and bathrooms were also always very clean. It's close to a station on the JR line so it's very easy to get around.

We stayed here at the start of our trip when we flew into Tokyo and it was so good we decided to stay again at the end. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good kitchen area with free tea and coffee. Fast wifi, clean sheets and lockers in the room. Good location close to a station on the main line. What more could you want.

The staffs were really helpful. It wasn't the check in time already when i arrived but i could put my luggage in the concierge and i could take shower! The 16 beds female dorm was also really nice, they have more than one power sockets for me to charge all the gadgets. The location: Awesome!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Best hostel I have ever been to.

• 7th Nov 2014

Good choice. The location are just great.

Comfy beds, fast wifi, a big kitchen, and great common areas for meeting people. The staff is incredibly helpful & friendly - I twisted my ankle and they provided me with an ice pack and towels on a daily basis to help me out. Located a few steps from a Family Mart and 5 minutes from the Yamanote Line - incredibly convenient. I stayed in the female dorm that had actual beds (!!) instead of bunks, very, very comfortable, though a few curtains would have helped. Highly recommended!

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at, and I've stayed at at least 20. Easy to get anywhere. So helpful. Very comfortable and clean.

• 5th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Oak Hostel Zen, and I thought I had the wrong place at first as it almost felt like I was walking into a hotel lobby. The staff were extremely nice, the enitire place was kept clean and spotless and had enough facilities for everyone. The only two downsides were that the showers kept changing temperature from hot to cold, and the location is a little far from the big places like Shibuya or Shinjuku. I would certainly return here in the future though!

Very Clean, good vibes, helpful staff. Excellent kitchen, good lockers in the dorms. free tea/coffee/wifi. The 8-bed dorm room was itself clean and spacious, but the travellers had smelly socks and shoes. No hot water in the kitchen or face wash/brushing (it was 3-6 Nov14). Also the hot water pressure was inconsistent in all the shared bathrooms A and B. Still good for staying.

The private room were great, it is worthed if you come with a group of 4. They treat you as a hotel guest. Location a bit difficult to find at the first time. But still nearby the station.

Great clean hostel and the privacy is terrific.

Nice, clean, friendly a couple minutes walk from a station. Great place to stay.

• 31st Oct 2014

Very very good hotel & staffs. Like like & like

I just realized I gave this place a perfect score. I am not normally a person to do this but I really can't think of anything I didn't like. Great location, great directions on how to find it (it's hard the first time if you don't print out the directions). The location is really good. I enjoyed the area. There's lockable lockers in the rooms. The staff is great. The facilities were great. The atmosphere couldn't have been better. It was all kept clean. I loved it. I will definitely return.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7