Oak Hostel Zen Reviews

3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

This hostel seems like it is in an unusual location but it is actually only 20 minutes by train from Shinjuku (on the Yamanote line). The kitchen and rooms were very clean. The staff were friendly. They also played a movie on Saturday night and provided snacks. I`d stay again when I`m next in Tokyo.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and new facilities.

I couldn't fault the actual hostel, really near metro line, no bunk beds, good luggage storage. The main fault I had with it was that it wasn't very social, I've stayed in many hostels before and this has to be one of the most unfriendly I've come across. As a lone traveller I really value meeting other people, although I might just have been unlucky. Also the guy who was on reception the day I checked out really needs to learn better English, I asked him a question and was it very helpful.

it's simply fantastic!!! I would still stay there next time i back to Tokyo!!!

Good location. Had all the facilities we needed. Staffs very helpful

This place was sooo posh and pleasant and the guy at the front desk was cute and super nice! I came back from a Mt. Fuji climb and I was super exhausted but i slept so well there and I love the fact that there was a curtain around my bunk bed! Thumbs up! Will come here often :))

Oak zen is excellent! I will definitely recommend it! Please don't ever stop being so nice and helpful with new tourists.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Very good hostel, I booked a private room and it felt like we were in a 3-star hotel. It is also very well located, close to a metro and a train station. It would be even better though if they had breakfast.

Unfortunately i was there for only 1 night. I reccomend this Hostel. Clean, close to the subway station. The staff is very kind and helpful

Amazing. Spacious, modern and clean. One of the best I've been in Japan.

Great staff, friendly and nice. Highly recommended!

Great and hospitable staff, close to JR station, no real defect to pick

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Fantastic place. Very clean and pleasant staff. Great stay and would go back in a heartbeat

• 11th Aug 2014

The location of the hostel is great, very close to Ueno park and just some minutes away from a JR station. We could get easily to the different parts of the city we were interested in. We stayed four days in a semidouble room. It was a small room for two people but it was enough and we were ok. Everything was clean and staff were friendly. The only thing we missed was English instructions for the washing machine but this was no big issue. We will definitely come back if we visit Tokyo again!

Some suggestions based on my observations: - Female dorm toilet in Room 101 was down for the 5 days that I stayed & my dorm mates used the nearby female toilet but we kept getting locked out because we forgot the key. It was inconvenient ^_^" - A standing mirror in each section of the dorm will be helpful. - More clothes rack & hangers please - A small fold-able table perhaps for each bed? - Overall, the place was safe & the people were really friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay :)

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

It is a great place to stay, but it feels like you are more at a hotel where you stay with others rather than a fun hostel where you can meet people from around the world.

The first impression is great: very close to a subway station, the location is great (although asakusa is a bit far from major touristic spots in tokyo) and the reception hall is modern, clean and beautiful. But once you get to the rooms, a different hotel is revealed: really small bedrooms (even for tokyo measures), poor light, dirty rooms, no facilities. Certainly would not stay here again.

Really nice hostel forma it's price. Close to the subway station and convenience stores. Friendly staff with a good English. I loved the living room and kitchen, very well equipped. I definitely recommend this hostel

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Loved this place! Clean, well-maintained, super easy! A 10+ bed dorm can be a nightmare (definitely had a few of those on my trip) but this was awesome. The beds and dorm are spacious. You're in a bunk bed, but you aren't crowded. There is lots of space to store your bag, hang towels and clothes, a big locker, and black-out curtains all around your bed. Sighh.... so nice! The staff are very nice, and there is a ton of local info available.

The biggest hostel I stayed in in Japan, but everything was excellent and the atmosphere was still really good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5