Oak Hostel Zen Reviews

3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Very clean and nice-looking place. Definitely enough space and within decent walking distance to everything. Staff were all friendly and helpful, and the rooms, showers, kitchen, and lobby were well-kept and felt like a nice hotel. Other guests were kind and it was quiet enough to concentrate on work.

• 29th Jun 2015

Nice hostel for he money. Not very social, we didn't meet anyone in 3 days there.

The staff at Oak Hostel were both friendly and extremely helpful. The hostel itself is located in Ueno, the North East part of Tokyo. The facilities were immaculate, with a large kitchen and wonderful shower / toilets to use. We would definitely recommend this to others for a great-value hostel in Tokyo. Thank you for having us Oak Hostel Zen!

• 21st Jun 2015

Oak hostel zen was a wonderful place to stay in Tokyo! It was very easy to find from Uguisudani station and staff was extremely friendly and helpful when we had questions about where to eat or get around the city. Location is great, we were able to quickly take the train to Akhiabara and Harajuku as well as Tokyo station to catch the Shinkansen to Osaka. The reception area had computers to use free of charge and a nice seating area for people to hang out in. Rooms modern and very clean.

• 21st Jun 2015

Oak Zen was really comfy. I stayed in a second floor dorm, and it was pretty spacious. I'd say the only down fall is the directions to find the hostel are not terribly accurate. I was lost for an hour before I finally figured it out. The hostel is located in an ALLEY (the first turn to your left BEFORE you come to another big stree/intersection with a family mart). THEN you will find a SECOND Family Mart in that alley, and you turn left down ANOTHER alley before passing that store.

Nice staff ,excelent clean, great location, very nice hostel. Big and very clean kitchen. We 've stayed in double private room. It was excelent.

Great place felt more like a hotel with shared bathrooms as we had one of the private twin rooms. Not far from the Jr station on one of the main lines, yamonote.

I loved my stay here. Staff were very kind and helpful!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

best hostel I stayed in,very clean,beds comfortabe,showers perfect,nice staff

it was a really comfortable stay at Oak Zen Hostel. the place is really as how the pictures depicted, very clean and relaxing. There's a really good local yakitori shop along the road from the train station as u walk towards the hostel

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

I couldn't believe it when we arrived!! Amazing accommodations! Everything looked brand new! So so clean, comfortable, spacious, amazing kitchen, common area, extra information at the front about where to eat and what to do, little hidden gems, etc. The staff was wonderful--so helpful, kind, and spoke fluent English. Super close to the JRail and the subway. Perfect location. I couldn't believe we found such a great place in Tokyo! Can't recommend it enough. So yourself a favor and STAY HERE!!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Perfect. I got a MEMO written in Korean. I was impressed.

Hostel is very easy to find, has great staff and is VERY clean! Showers and facilities are all top notch. This is a great quiet hostel. If you are looking for a party hostel, this isn't the place for you. But if you are looking for a quiet clean stay while visiting Tokyo, I would highly recommend this hostel.

The staff were very helpful, one gave us tips on how to get to tsukiji market on their rented bikes, since the taxis are toO expensive. And offered to bike with us, since most people get lost. There are no elevators so the staff helps you carry it up and down the stairs as needed.. I didn't enjoy how the lockers for our belongings were so small, wasn't able to fit much in there and was a little sketched to leave my suitcase in the open. So we had to put our valuables in the lockers.

• 2nd Jun 2015

I really liked that hostel. It was friendly, clean and nearby the Yamanote/Line. I only wished for calmer roommates. Maybe a hint like "Please use phone and/or Skype after 10 p.m. in the lobby or community kitchen" and I wished for a rule like "Use only vibration alarm and set off the noise". Sorry for being so conservative... But everything else was really fine. I d recommend this place to friends.

Friendly staff who were willing to help with any questions!

The staff were Amazingly helpful, and the hostel itself was beautiful. It was perfect for my first night in Tokyo, and was easy to find because they gave such clear directions. And the beds were spacious and comfortable! I had a great time at Oak hostel zen.

• 27th May 2015

A very cool place, with nice, clean big rooms. Very private and cozy. I really enjoyed it.

• 26th May 2015
  • Mexico

Friendly staff, the receptionist with short hair was very helpful with restaurant recommendations. The facilities are very clean too and only the hostel is roughly five minutes from the station.

Very comfy beds but not a party hostel. Quite impersonal atmosphere as dorms are large and there's no bar etc. If you want a hotel to chill and relax this place would be perfect..more hotel than hostel. But if you want to have fun look elsewhere. Location is very good though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6