Oak Hostel Zen Reviews

3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel; good facilities and friendly staff

I was absolutely blown away by this venue. It had a charming and very zen like atmosphere but was so easily accessible to the station! The directions were spot on with accuracy, even if the English was a little strange! Staff were super friendly and the room wasn't as squishy as other hostels I have used on this particular trip! I actually extended my stay I was that pleased!! Security was excellent and the price beat a lot of other "hotels" in the area- with the convenience to come and go!!!

• 23rd Sep 2014

There is no perfect place to stay in Tokyo. This one is close to the metro, restaurants, convenient stores, and more. This is the cleanest hostel I've stayed in. I really appreciated the curtains around each bed for added privacy. The kitchen is huge and offers all the necessary items, including rice cooker. Though I wish there was a basic breakfast included, that's no reason to pass up the Zen. I'll be back there when I'm back in Tokyo.

• 22nd Sep 2014

I had a great stay. 3 min from the station. Awesome Staff. Super clean rooms/facilities.

• 22nd Sep 2014

An elevator would have been nice but overall that would literally be my only concern. The hostel was excellent, clean and generally a lovely place to stay.

Would thoroughly recommend this hostel, helpful staff, clean, well situated with all needed amenities

Fantastic, warm and friendly and very helpful, clean, modern, no communal showers! a must quite modern in appearance, beds really comfy. Very good value and worth booking however room walls thin and can hear everything but lovely worth booking

This hostel seems like it is in an unusual location but it is actually only 20 minutes by train from Shinjuku (on the Yamanote line). The kitchen and rooms were very clean. The staff were friendly. They also played a movie on Saturday night and provided snacks. I`d stay again when I`m next in Tokyo.

Great stay ;)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and new facilities.

I couldn't fault the actual hostel, really near metro line, no bunk beds, good luggage storage. The main fault I had with it was that it wasn't very social, I've stayed in many hostels before and this has to be one of the most unfriendly I've come across. As a lone traveller I really value meeting other people, although I might just have been unlucky. Also the guy who was on reception the day I checked out really needs to learn better English, I asked him a question and was it very helpful.

it's simply fantastic!!! I would still stay there next time i back to Tokyo!!!

This place is awesome. Staff is very helpful. Is to travel about, but far from the party scene. Don't hesitate book now.

• 5th Sep 2014

Good location. Had all the facilities we needed. Staffs very helpful

This place was sooo posh and pleasant and the guy at the front desk was cute and super nice! I came back from a Mt. Fuji climb and I was super exhausted but i slept so well there and I love the fact that there was a curtain around my bunk bed! Thumbs up! Will come here often :))

Oak zen is excellent! I will definitely recommend it! Please don't ever stop being so nice and helpful with new tourists.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Very good hostel, I booked a private room and it felt like we were in a 3-star hotel. It is also very well located, close to a metro and a train station. It would be even better though if they had breakfast.

Unfortunately i was there for only 1 night. I reccomend this Hostel. Clean, close to the subway station. The staff is very kind and helpful

Amazing. Spacious, modern and clean. One of the best I've been in Japan.

Great staff, friendly and nice. Highly recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5