Oak Hostel Zen Reviews

3-3-3 negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Embodiment of zen. Lovely place in a lovely district with lovely people. Love it!

We loved it. A bit pricey but absolutely perfect for us.

such a great organized hostel.Thank you very much.

Oak Hostel Zen is a great place to be! It might not be in the heart of Tokyo, but thr closest station is a 4 minute uphill walk. From there, you can access all the places within 25~35 min. Friendly staff, and clean hostel. Only problem is that the big dorms tend to get loud in the morning when everyone js checking out. Close to cheap and yummy food too!

I had a great time at the hostel! Close to the JR Yamanote Line, friendly staff, quiet area, good privacy and security, amenities all conveniently accessible. Would definitely stay here again/recommend it to others!

• 21st Jan 2016

Great place to stay! Thanks!

• 13th Jan 2016

Good atmosphere and facilities. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

• 11th Jan 2016

A lot of dust flying around bed. Please change a set of blanket and pillow since it was turning yellow.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

The hostel is extremely clean: the kitchen is spotless and sheets and towels are changed every day. The place is very quiet so a good night's sleep is guaranteed. The location is great, a 5 minute walk from the JR train station (serviced by e.g. the Yamanote line which gets you to Akihabara, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku...) and 15 minutes from Ueno park which is beautiful. The wifi is patchy though and did not work in our room the entire time of our stay.

This will probably be the best hostel I will stay in Japan, not only for its own great features, but also thumbs up for the honorable guests. Location is superb - not in the loud districts, but still close to the Yamanote Line that connects major parts of Tokyo. Trust me, Tokyo Transportation is not that hard. The place is clean, and it's especially well if you can stay for a long period, as you can really discover what is good about traveling and meeting people. The staff are the best!!!!!

This hostel is a bit more expensive than usual dorms but it's really clean, convenient and spacious. I usually stay in cheap backpackers hostel and I was really impressed. The staff is also really helpful, it's a great place.

• 30th Dec 2015

Best Ever!

• 28th Dec 2015

This is the best hostel in Tokyo! Not far from the train station. In a walking distance to Ueno and Asakusa. Facilities are really good.

Lovely and clean hostel.

I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm and it was a great value. Location was good - right off a JR stop, security was excellent - locks on doors and your own locker (don't need to bring your own lock), and facilities were clean. Would stay here again.

I have travelled many countries and this is probably the best hostel I have stayed in. Very good!

• 17th Dec 2015

I have stayed in the hostel just for the night, so I didn't have time to explore the whole place. But in general, the hostel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The room, the bed and the bathroom was in good quality. I found that I have forgotten my stuff in the hostel after I had returned to my city, so I contacted the hostel. The staff were quick in response and sent me back my stuff right away which are neatly folded. I have decided to stay there again when I visit Tokyo again.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • marcorz
  • Hong Kong

Good hostel! we wil come back if ever visit japan again! thanks!

The reception stinks of toilet chemicals yet the toilet witch is next to the reception desk is dirty.nThe staff are rude except for Yuki who is lovely. The charged me 1000 Yen when I lost my room key card....how much does it cost to put an electronic code on a plastic blank? There condedending little notes everywhere like "you most take care of your responsibilities. Its awful

Very friendly staff; stayed in a private double - super comfy beds and extremely clean. Great location, close to JR Yamanote line. Would definitely stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4