Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The best staff ever. Really friendly.

Oak Hostel was clean and easy to access! The first time it's a little tricky finding the hostel, but after you know where it is, everything is a piece of cake. The staff is super friendly and nice, and there is laundry, computers, and wifi on every floor. This isn't the most social hostel I've stayed at -- there's not a big space for everyone to hang out and lounge, I mostly only talked to my dorm mates. The room is cozy and the bed was super comfortable but the bathroom was a little small

Had a great stay here! The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and the hostel has books full of recommendations on activities and restaurants. One note about location: if you are just here for the nightlife in roppongi then this is a long hike from there. However it is close to lots of good attractions (Ueno park museums, ashakura market) and only a ten minute walk from the airport line ending stop (skyliner train) so easy to get in and out id the city. Excellent value for your money!

I've stayed here before and I'll stay here again.

I hope people who stay at the 2nd floor bed in dormitory can use the wall socket.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

The staff was super welcoming and nice, and the hostel was a short walking distance to shops and restaurants, and very close to the metro. They frequently hold parties for the customers, and it's a very cozy at-home feeling. I'll definitely be staying there again!!

• 8th Jan 2015

The staff at Oak Hostel were extremely accommodating, welcoming, and friendly. They could speak English pretty well so we had no language barriers. The rooms have everything you could possibly need, plus they leave some yukata in the room for you to wear! They also have a water boiler and packets of green tea. I love that all the bathrooms are ensuite at this hostel. This was probably my favorite place to stay in Japan.

Liked this place quite a bit. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots of suggestions for things to see and do. Near the inarichi stop by asakusa station, so easy to get anywhere, but 20-25 minutes from shibuya/shinjuku areas. very close to akihabara. dorm rooms are kinda small but still comfortable. good value, recommend this place.

Great place to stay when visiting Tokyo. So close to the metro, so it's easy to get around! However, this is not a hostel which I was unaware of when booking through Hostelworld, so you will be paying more, and the price is per head, not per room. However, if you're looking for an inexpensive hotel room, I really have no complaints.

• 5th Jan 2015

Helpful staff and lots of good info for sightseeing Tokyo placed around hostel. Good location too, especially for it's proximity to Ueno station which is a major JR station and useful when heading north into the alps.

This hotel is quite good! The staffs all are polite. But it is quite far away from Ueno station.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

We loved the Oak, we have stayed there many times and will do it again :)

Exactly what I expected. Friendly staff with after hour access. Close to train station.

• 30th Dec 2014

I stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed it very much. I got sick but the hotel staff helped me out in every possible way and was very supportive in every way. Needless to say, I got better quickly.

I have never stayed at a better hostel. The staff are absolutely fantastic. Across the board amazing place.

This is the first ever hostel in which I've stayed. Small bathroom, low-lighting. Excellent price if all you want to do is tour Tokyo and sleep there at night. You get for what you paid for. Their staff is very friendly and are easy to talk to. Their location is pretty close to a metro station. Convenience store and 24h supermarket near-by.

I had a great time at this hotel/hostel and the neighborhood is interesting, even when it is not located in "central" Tokyo.

The Oak hostel is about 2 min away from Inaricho station, about 10 min from Ueno station and is close to Asakusa. The staff are really friendly, welcoming and also really fun! They were definitely entertaining at the X-mas party! The room I had was so cozy, clean and spacious enough for me to stay in, I really liked the room I stayed in as it did accommodate my luggage. The facilities are available, although the dryer took longer to dry my clothes than I thought. Still a great place to stay in!

I really enjoyed my stay at Oak Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is great. I would definitely stay there again. The only complaint I have is that my locker (I stayed in a dorm room) was a bit faulty - but the staff was very helpful in fixing it! A+

We stayed at Oak hotel for a week. The location is very good. Close to train station and close to other tourist places by taking a train. There are many convenient stores and laundry shop nearby the hotel, so it was very convenient for us. The staffs are very helpful and speak English very well. The room is quite clean but unfortunately, the bathroom is stinky. We changed room due to unavailable of hotel room, and found that the second room we stayed was much better about the cleanliness.

• 21st Dec 2014