Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

the room had a weird smell. I don't know if it was the cleaning chemicals that the hotel used, but I had to wash all of my clothes when I got back home just to get the smell out. Other than that not a bad hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2015

People from hotel very friendly

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

It's my second trip to Tokyo. I stayed there with my mother for 5 nights. It is some walk away (about 15 minites) from Ueno station but still I like the location. It's easy to find. It's 15 minutes walk to Asakusa Kannon Temple/Tokyo SkyTree and Ueno Park/Ameyayoko market. Also, it's near the station that has direct train to Narita Airport. The staff speaks English very well. My mum and I had a pleasant stay. I'll definitely come back.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

third time in oak hotel and it was great just like last time

helpful and friendly staff, thx for help and give me a warming memory

The staff is super friendly and really cool! They always try to help you whenever you have questions. The location is walking ditance form UENO station, which is perfect to start your trips within Tokyo

Nice place in the Asakusa / Ueno area. Convenient to metro station. Really nice staff and helpful info posted all about the place. In some ways it's more hotel than hostel, but that's cool. Washer and dryer on site (coin operated). They also let you leave your stuff there at 500 yen/day or free if you have a reservation when you return.

Great receptionists! I enjoyed practicing my Japanese with the few receptionists especially with the one who discovered that I can actually speak the language. I had a great time even though I stayed only for a night in there before going back to Malaysia. I will definitely look to stay in the hotel again at end of this year when I visit Tokyo again.

WiFi service is unstable. May due to my room is stay far from hot spot.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

I'm very impressed. All staff treated us very well. Next time in Tokyo I will stay there again for sure.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Mattress should be changed.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

It's a nice hostel, located very near the Zinga line station, about just 3 minutes walk. The staff is very nice, english works well here. I stay for 2 nights in a female room with other three girls, the room is clean and the bed is confortable for me. Just the last night the water pipe is broken, there is no water in the room. I took shower in staff baith room, the staff kindly added the notice: girl showering on the door. Nice experience!

Good hotel and have a nice staff for support!!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

The staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful. This was a very good place to stay - we stayed there because it was recommended to us and we've already recommended it to several more people.

• 6th Feb 2015

The staff at this hostel were great. Really friendly. The common areas are cosy and there is lots of information about Tokyo available. There was also a sushi party at the hostel while we were there. Our double room was a little small and the bathroom could have been cleaner though.

The staff were very friendly and I was overall very satisfied with my stay in Oak Hotel. I stayed in a private room and despite the small size, I felt comfortable. The location is also good, since it is only 2 mins from the underground. I would definitely stay again there if I ever returned to Tokyo.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Cyprus

the only problem i found with this place was the shower. it always smelled funny and the drain kinda didnt work. ive stayed in cheaper hostels in tokyo and Japan and the showers were ok, but this really bothered me. either way they compensate with amazing staff and cool location.

Staffs are frindly. Price is cheaper than other places nearby. It's very convenience to travel by metro, 5 minute from Inaricho Station

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

its my second stay at oak hostel and it did not disappoint. the staff was as friendly as i remembered and the gjrl is very cute and helpful. the rooms are very cozy. with tv, little refridgerator and a little bathroom. also close to the station, subway and some restaurants and shops. next time i will try booking at oak again.

I like everything except need more power plug ( might be good to have international muti- power plug ). It is not enough for two people to charge device, need to charge 2 phones, 2 power bank , 2 camera battery and pocket wifi. I had to wake up every 3 hours to check battery and switch to charge other devices.

• 30th Jan 2015