Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Safe, friendly staff, and good, clean accommodations. Not the most character to the hostel, but I appreciate how uneventful it was and the smooth operations.

Oak Hostel is at strategic location which allow you to access to anywhere Tokyo area easily. 5min walk to Inaricho, 20min walk from Ueno Station and Keisei line (Express to Narita for 45Min). 2 subway station to Asakusa & 4 subway station to Tokyo Skytree (From Inaricho Station). 2 subway station to Akihabara (From Ueno Station). All the stuff can speck very well english. They are all very polite and helpful. Hostel is very clean. The only downside I think is the washroom is too small.

Stayed for 3 nights. The location is quite hidden, had to take a taxi, and the guy had to stop and asked for direction a little bit before we found the place. Overall, the place was nice, the staff are nice. The dorm room is quite good, they provide lockers to store our stuff and place to print my tickets as well for 10 yen per sheet, which is neat because I need to print out my tickets. I also has elevator so no need to carry all my stuff by stairs.

The check-in is too late for me (3p.m) and it is sad there is nothing in the bathroom (shampoo, shower gel). Otherwise all the rest was perfect.

• 6th Nov 2014

Everything was great except the room was smaller tan we thought

Great location, friendly staff, super clean and best of all it was extremely affordable! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Oak Hostel! Highly recommend to all :)

• 5th Nov 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location!! The rooms are very small and our bathroom was unclean, but we enjoyed our stay :-)

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Booked this room because of the greate reviews. Such of a disappointment! Dirty, small and old.

Staff were lovely and helpful! More of a hotel than a hostel, so not much of an atmosphere, but clean and comfortable and good value. We stayed in Japanese style double room with en suite. It had a mini fridge, tv (CNN), yukata, and tea making facilities. Walking distance from Ueno park and from the Kaminarimon and Senso-ji, plus several transport links. We even walked to the Skytree from there. Would recommend :)

The hostel staff were friendly, helpful, and had a solid command of the English language. The room I had (4 bed male dorm) was basic, but good enough for my requirements and the cost. It also had a good safety locker which was easy to use. The location was fine, but a bit of a problem when the metro closes at midnight-5am. The hostel held a hallowe'en party, and the staff made a big effort to make it a very fun occasion :) The 10am check out time was a struggle, but I managed :D

• 29th Oct 2014

A small and cosy hostel, a little lacking in facilities though (no handsoap in the bathroom). It was a little difficult to find, but follow the worded directions and it should be fine. Keep an eye out for the bright hostel sign! (I managed to miss it completely)

No power outlet for each bed in female dorm. And some lights did not work.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

good place to stay, near Ueno a big station where you can find a famous Ichiran ramen in the station :)

bathroom is too small but all the rest are wanderful.

I stayed there 3 nights. It was easy to find (thanks to instructions provided) and close to many interesting places (Ueno park, Asakusa, Skytree). Bathroom was a little small, but overall I enjoyed staying there.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Good location, close to Ginza line subway (Inaricho) and about a 10 min walk to Ueno station which is a really handy connecting station to go just about anywhere in Tokyo and redeem JR Shinkansen Passes. Plenty of small convenience shops between the hotel and Ueno station. Room was obviously small but quite poorly lit and had a bit of a funny smell to it (kind of moisture mouldy smell that you get from the damp and not enough air flow).

• 15th Oct 2014

we stayed at OAK already the third time now - great place to stay

• 12th Oct 2014

Young, friendly, helpful staff with excellent English. Older place - bathrooms older but everything worked, good shower pressure, our room was cleaned daily, towels changed etc, hard bed (like most in Japan) but comfortable enough. A/c.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff speaks great English, there's free Wi-Fi, and there are computers to use in the lobby. I forgot my phone charger, but there was one of those lying around in the computer center to use. Excellent!

• 10th Oct 2014

The room was a bit small, we had some difficulties managing our stuff. And the hairdryer didn't work.

• 6th Oct 2014