8.5
Fabulous 1,761 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,761 Total Reviews
Oak Hostel Located at 6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo.
Japan
Tokyo 110-0015 6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku
85% 1761
35.7115717 139.7846531
    Rooms available

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
4th May 2016

The wifi definitely wasn't great (had to stand in the doorway), but overall a great location

• Chile, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2016

the hostel is ok in relation with the price, but i would like to say that the staff who work there is great. They are always trying to help you. I was traveling with a big luggage and they help me to moving it out to the room, and the most impressive thing is even after i left the hostel, i met the one of the guys of reception in the subway, and he help me with my luggage to change the line!!!! .. so i recommend the place. it was such a great experience. best regards and thank you again!

• derikapowers8873
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
28th Apr 2016

The front desk people were great! We came back to a clean room and made bed every night which was a treat! It wasn't that the atmosphere was bad or negative, it was a lack of atmosphere and hostelers didn't mingle at all. Decent location...about a 10 minute walk to main Ueno station and about 15 minute walk to the Asakusa area that has a lot of restaurants and the Sensō-ji Temple.

27th Apr 2016

First time using a hostel, it was surprisingly good, they only provide you with 1 locker... But I felt my other bag was safe enough. It was just some clothes nothing got stolen, people kept to themselves but were generally friendly. I didn't use any of the extras but I felt like it was good to have them available

• Thailand, Male, 31-40
26th Apr 2016

Good price and good location. The staff speak good english. Not far from the convenience store.

• Canada, Male, 41+
24th Apr 2016

We were on a budget vacation and it met all our needs. It was nice to come back to our cleaned and tidied room with fresh sheets and fresh towels after a full day of adventures.

• USA, Male, 41+
21st Apr 2016

Oak Hostel is definitely one of the best buys in town. The staff, who all seem to speak excellent English, were very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect: a 10-minute walk from Ueno Park with its excellent Tokyo National Museum and other attractions, and about the same from two major railway/subway stations. This includes the terminus of the Narita Airport Express. Numerous restaurants and quik stop grocery stories are very close. I would gladly return there.

• Eine
  • Russia, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Apr 2016

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Oak. The good thing is that it's only 3 minutes away from a subway station, and the wonderfully positive guys on the reception. However, I didn't like the room very much - it was small, had no space to place one's belongings, extremely humid and with almost no sunshine because it was close to the next building. I don't mind all those minor problems and I don't expect really much from a hostel, but I'm not sure if such a room is worth 11500 yen per night

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
15th Apr 2016

Great value for money. Our first room on the 5th floor very average our next stay we were on the 2nd floor and much nicer room. Little disappointed considering we were staying for 5 nights that the room was a bit rough around the edges. I did notice that the twin rooms on the same floor were much nicer. Room on second floor was very noisy as it was over the front door and we were woken by it opening and closing. Next time we will specify a quiet room... and yes we will definately return.

• janjan1987
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
15th Apr 2016

We had 6 nights stay at oak hostel in a double room with ensuite. The bed was pretty hard but we overcame that by sleeping on top of blanket with sheet over the top. Ensuite was a small pod type but sufficient for our needs. The washing machine was great but you will need a couple of spins in the dryer. No dramas. Staff were friendly and helpful.