Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great receptionists! I enjoyed practicing my Japanese with the few receptionists especially with the one who discovered that I can actually speak the language. I had a great time even though I stayed only for a night in there before going back to Malaysia. I will definitely look to stay in the hotel again at end of this year when I visit Tokyo again.

WiFi service is unstable. May due to my room is stay far from hot spot.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Mattress should be changed.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

It's a nice hostel, located very near the Zinga line station, about just 3 minutes walk. The staff is very nice, english works well here. I stay for 2 nights in a female room with other three girls, the room is clean and the bed is confortable for me. Just the last night the water pipe is broken, there is no water in the room. I took shower in staff baith room, the staff kindly added the notice: girl showering on the door. Nice experience!

Good hotel and have a nice staff for support!!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

The staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful. This was a very good place to stay - we stayed there because it was recommended to us and we've already recommended it to several more people.

• 6th Feb 2015

The staff at this hostel were great. Really friendly. The common areas are cosy and there is lots of information about Tokyo available. There was also a sushi party at the hostel while we were there. Our double room was a little small and the bathroom could have been cleaner though.

The staff were very friendly and I was overall very satisfied with my stay in Oak Hotel. I stayed in a private room and despite the small size, I felt comfortable. The location is also good, since it is only 2 mins from the underground. I would definitely stay again there if I ever returned to Tokyo.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Cyprus

the only problem i found with this place was the shower. it always smelled funny and the drain kinda didnt work. ive stayed in cheaper hostels in tokyo and Japan and the showers were ok, but this really bothered me. either way they compensate with amazing staff and cool location.

Staffs are frindly. Price is cheaper than other places nearby. It's very convenience to travel by metro, 5 minute from Inaricho Station

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

its my second stay at oak hostel and it did not disappoint. the staff was as friendly as i remembered and the gjrl is very cute and helpful. the rooms are very cozy. with tv, little refridgerator and a little bathroom. also close to the station, subway and some restaurants and shops. next time i will try booking at oak again.

I like everything except need more power plug ( might be good to have international muti- power plug ). It is not enough for two people to charge device, need to charge 2 phones, 2 power bank , 2 camera battery and pocket wifi. I had to wake up every 3 hours to check battery and switch to charge other devices.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

The Oak Hotel is indeed a hotel. All the facilities are in great-shape and well organized as a whole. However, considering the capacity of the premise, the common area is really tiny and there are guest rooms close to the common room, which really limited the time of use regarding the common area. If you are not able to read any Japanese, the Oak Hotel is a good choice as there are signs and illustration of everything u need to know about travelling Tokyo, otherwise it doesn't worth the money.

The best staff ever. Really friendly.

Very friendly staff, very helpful. Very comfortable futon, and a really nice atmosphere.

Very nice place however very quite.

Staff was very polite and helpful. What I liked the best was its price for the location. The location is simply fantastic. Easy access to Narita via Keisei Skyliner, and through the JR Ueno station you can pretty much get anywhere. Also on top of the Ginza Metro line. Lots of eateries and shops around too. Rooms were clean and basic. I stayed in a single japanese room. Common area seemed smallish, so I didnt meet many people....

• 20th Jan 2015

Oak Hostel was clean and easy to access! The first time it's a little tricky finding the hostel, but after you know where it is, everything is a piece of cake. The staff is super friendly and nice, and there is laundry, computers, and wifi on every floor. This isn't the most social hostel I've stayed at -- there's not a big space for everyone to hang out and lounge, I mostly only talked to my dorm mates. The room is cozy and the bed was super comfortable but the bathroom was a little small

Had a great stay here! The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and the hostel has books full of recommendations on activities and restaurants. One note about location: if you are just here for the nightlife in roppongi then this is a long hike from there. However it is close to lots of good attractions (Ueno park museums, ashakura market) and only a ten minute walk from the airport line ending stop (skyliner train) so easy to get in and out id the city. Excellent value for your money!

I've stayed here before and I will again. The facilities are small but comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful and give the hotel a welcoming atmosphere. I recommend the sushi party they hold on the weekend. The location is handily placed between Ueno and Asakusa (two stops away on the Ginza line)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5