Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

good place to stay, near Ueno a big station where you can find a famous Ichiran ramen in the station :)

bathroom is too small but all the rest are wanderful.

we stayed at OAK already the third time now - great place to stay

• 12th Oct 2014

Young, friendly, helpful staff with excellent English. Older place - bathrooms older but everything worked, good shower pressure, our room was cleaned daily, towels changed etc, hard bed (like most in Japan) but comfortable enough. A/c.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff speaks great English, there's free Wi-Fi, and there are computers to use in the lobby. I forgot my phone charger, but there was one of those lying around in the computer center to use. Excellent!

• 10th Oct 2014

The room was a bit small, we had some difficulties managing our stuff. And the hairdryer didn't work.

• 6th Oct 2014

A fantastic value for money hotel with awesome friendly staff that are very helpful. Have stayed at the Oak a number of times now and will definately stay there again next time in Japan. Would easily recommend this hotel to any family or friends wishing to visit Tokyo. Have never had a bad experience with any of the times we have stayed and can't wait to return to Tokyo. The lovely staff were always happy and helpful and helped make our trip a very enjoyable and pleasant stay.

• 6th Oct 2014

Bed was very small for two people but that's normal in Japan I guess. In general it was a good place with friendly staff and very quiet at night.

The staff speaks good English. And they are very helpful.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Great place to stay while in transit through Tokyo, close to transport. A bit annoying that my booking was for a different branch of the hotel than the directions I had (directions for Uguisudani, booking closer at hotel closer to Ueno).

Great staff really friendly and helpful and they know there stuff. Good location and easy to get too. It was great that they spoke English and we could ask questions.

Great location. Mega friendly staff. Excellent value from money.

• 17th Sep 2014

In Room 501, there was a very annoying and continuous sound (water heater? air-conditioner?) during our stay (5 days).

• 15th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

best hostel with regards of value. I have stayed there a total of 13 days during May and Sept at a nice 4-bed female only dorm room with a sofa and a makeup table. However, the bathroom and toilet are very small and I tend to clean myself at a nearby public bath instead. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are such cuties.... I have great memories from staying there :)

I really enjoyed my couple of nights at this hostel. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful and the location was great! I'd definitely stay here again.

Good hostel with friendly staff. They've got everything you need (even a printer that you can use!) and getting to know people there is also easy. There are convinience stores nearby and it's easy to find.

Staff was tremendous and very helpful. Tenants were very respectful of each other.

• 9th Sep 2014

The staff were great! Would stay again!

The room was really too small and even had a bad smell

It is conveniently located near Inaricho subway station and within walking distance from JR Ueno Station. I tried the Japanese--style room and it was quite tidy and comfortable. The staff is very helpful and friendly. It has three PCs with internet that you can use for free.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6