Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Staff was tremendous and very helpful. Tenants were very respectful of each other.

• 9th Sep 2014

The room was really too small and even had a bad smell

It is conveniently located near Inaricho subway station and within walking distance from JR Ueno Station. I tried the Japanese--style room and it was quite tidy and comfortable. The staff is very helpful and friendly. It has three PCs with internet that you can use for free.

The location of the hostel was very convenient for us as it is just a short walk from Ueno station. The Japanese style double bedroom was just great, very comfy and provided all the necessities like towels, a hairdryer, a small fridge and even yukatas. I would definitely stay again at the Oak Hostel.

I've been there for my last night in Japan only, but I felt like it was a good hostel. I like that every room (even the dorms) has an own bathroom. Staff is friendly, and speaks surprisingly good english. To my ears, one of them even had a native-speaker level. There are vending machines for coffee, drinks and even beer in the common/reception area. There is not much to do around the hostel, but it is close to Inaricho Station and from there you can get pretty fast to either Ueno or Asakusa.

Staff excellent! Always smiling, joyful and helpful! Next time at Tokyo I'll take the Oak Hostel again!

• 30th Aug 2014

I definitely can recommend a stay at Oak hotel. The staff is really nice and helpful, the rooms are clean and there are enough facilities (excellent internet!).

• 28th Aug 2014

The location is perfect! Staff is really nice and helpful. The room although small is sufficient for basic needs and comfortable enough for a good night sleep.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

This place is great value for money.

The good part of staying at this hostel is the location which is right by the main attractions in Nikko. Absolutely recommended for the tourists who seek more of adventure than the convenient.

Great stayover at Oak Hotel as staff were friendly and were able to answer all of our questions. Location is adequate but room cleanliness can be improved!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Very convenient for Ueno station. Room was clean. En suite was a bit small but handy. Staff were friendly. Didn't spend much time there as we were out pretty much all day every day. However it was a good base to rest your head. This is a business hotel as well so one early morning I was woken up by japanese men talking loudly in the corridor, but you could get that anywhere.

We didn't get to spend much time at the hostel, thanks to a busy schedule, but our double room was just what we needed! Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable!

• 15th Aug 2014

The Staff was super friendly and super fun to talk too. I wanna say some special thanks for giving me the tourguides of tokyo. I rly used it all the time and it even was in german!!! The 4 bed dormitory i stayed in was super clean and the beds where quite wide and big, even big enough for european size which is not usual in japan. The location is very near to Ueno and Asakusa within 10min. each, perfect for going around Tokyo with JR or subway. Looking forward to my next stay~

• 9th Aug 2014

Overall, this place is good value for money but we were disappointed to find bits of rubbish underneath the beds, shows a lack of proper cleaning.

This was a great place to crash. Not to hard to find. The location is great because it is very close to everything you need, food, transport, etc. They have everything you need, bed, wifi, washing places, but the place is rather small.

The room is smelly, Air conditioner cannot adjust in double room

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

The staff are very nice. The location is very good. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the metro. I will consider this hostel first next time when I plan to go to Japan again.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

The air condition in our room 515 is not cool enough. It is only wind blowed out.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Thailand

The staff was nice and we got towels everyday, but the supply of shampo was just a small package of shampoo with rinse and a small soap bar. The shower curtain had black stains and a really bad smel. The upper futon had red blood stains on it. When we told the staff they removed them, but something like that should not happen if there is a cleaning staff that comes in everyday.

• 2nd Aug 2014