Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

i highly highly recommend the Oak. I was very sad to leave, especially since I ended up at a hotel that was twice as expensive, without the warmth and comfort of the Oak (and worse facilities). The Oak is in the quieter Taito neighborhood. It is a very easy 30 minutes (door to door) subway ride to the action in Shinjuku or Shibuya, if that's where you want to go. The staff is wonderful. Rooms clean and cozy.

• 8th Apr 2014

Except for the fact that one of the staff did not wake up in time at 6pm to do our check outs, everything else is good. They speak fluent english and are all very helpful. Though the room is small, I can still open all 3 luggages on the floor and the bathroom is fully well equipped.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

I didn't find them very helpful regarding finding further accommodation or advice on what to do in the area. I felt I needed to fend for myself, or really insist on help. Perhaps knowledge of English is an issue.

We stayed there for one night. It was ok. My room was japanese style and had a private bathroom, which is something I value a lot. The area is tranquil, with not very much to do, but it's well connected and close to a major station.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Spain

A friend of mine recommended me this hostel, and I had no doubt it was going to be a good choice. It definitely was. It is located 12 minutes walk away from Ueno Sta. You can expect: Cleaned room and bathroom everyday, clean towels are provided everyday, a little noisy with the air conditioner but in general is not noisy, beds are comfy, staff is kind and speak Japanese and really good english, activities like sushi night are held at no extra cost. Arigatou Oak Hotel! We will come back! ^_^

Oak Hotel is the best!

two nights in tokyo near ueno station, just before we come back France- it's very easy to go to Narita from oak hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2014

The hostel is in a very good area, easy to reach, 10 min by walk from Ueno station (direct from Narita airport) and 3 min from a subway station. We were traveling with a 6 months baby and the room was a bit small but it was still good for spending the night.

• 29th Mar 2014

The twin room was very drab, and the small attached toilet/shower had quite a few black specks that seemed like they could be mold or mildew. As a result, I would try to stay elsewhere on a future trip. However, it did have some good points: the location in Asakusa was convenient, the staff were extremely welcoming, and the stay was cheap for Tokyo.

Over all this is the best place in ueno area.easy access.nice staff...just one stop to akihabara, only 30 minutes walking to asakusa.

Its a great low-cost hotel/hostel in a fairly convenient area (between Ueno and Asakusa) with plenty of cheap noodle bars and convenience stores nearby. Staff were bilingual and excellent to deal with and the rooms were clean. Not much in the way of atmosphere, but overall I'd go back again! Thanks guys

I enjoyed my stay that much I came back twice more after that- whilst this may not be the most 'exciting' place you will ever stay in- it sure is reliable and dependable (which was what I needed after moving around so much)! I definately would book again and would recommend to others also. Only downside was I had to change rooms from the ground floor- where it was too noisy beside the 'common area'. Once I moved rooms I was happy out!

• 26th Mar 2014

Great location, price and staff. Good size room with enough room for two with all our luggage. Staff were super helpful. Shower was the only thing that could of been better as it had a huge ducting in the head space so even for short people this made the shower tiny. Other than that I could not really fault this place and would staff here again.

Nice place to stay for a short time.

• 13th Mar 2014

Heater need to double check since our room still feel little bit chill. Hot water too hot when adjusted to add more water indicator. Need bigger lift.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia
  • Couple, 41+

It would be better if there were shampoo and body soaps provided, as it should be usually. Plus the common room is a little bit too small than expected.

More of a business hotel than a hostel. Clean, good location, helpful staff. Bit pricey.

Decent, clean, pretty accessible lodging for the price except that toilet was a little tiny. Place was a little hard to find from Ueno station, I recommend walking from Inaricho (Ginza line) for the first time.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Singapore

Great location, reasonable price (considering that Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities in the world). Very clean hotel.

Very good ho(s) tel in excellent location close to the Inaricho subway station. Daily roomkeeping and excellent cleaning. Rooms a little small and dryer without enough power. Except those not so important points everything was very good. Recommended. Except those points

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4