Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Near a station that isn't ideal, but pretty decent, staff speak english and Japanese, it's very much a hotel wanting to make money off the hostel crowd, but despite that being transparent it's still nice enough. However, I really didn't like the lockers here, I wouldn't recommend this place if you bring a lot of valuables.

A bit confusing with it being called hostel on hostelworld, but actually being named Oak hotel. It's a bit run down and the facilities are rather unpractical as well. But good value for your money and a good location.

It is a very pleasant place and a good deal for Tokyo.

Good hostel, room was really small, but weel located in tokyo.

staff is friendly and helpful - 1min to the next subway station - rooms are clean - so all in all a good place to be. unfortunately my room smelled strange and not really good (although it was clean)

I was treated as a valued guest with every courtesy that you would receive in a four star hotel.

For me it was worth the money...private and working ac in august

The room was small, dank and humid, with a strange smell at all times. It had smears on the walls and on the sheets, with stains in the carpeting. The overall atmosphere was insalubrious and made me spend as little time as possible in the room. The room was advertised as a hotel room and had the rates of one but it had the feel of a dirty hostel.

The room smelled funny - not in a pleasant way.

It was a great hostel for my first night in Japan! The staff was friendly and the rooms were accommodating. For the price, it was good.

Very very cramped little rooms and smelt like a geriatric home. Wifi did not work. En suite was smaller than an airplane. Otherwise staff were nice.

We had a double western room with ensuite which is small as expected in Japan but had good wifi and hot shower, kettle and TV with CNN News. Location is great as a few mins walk from Inaricho station and 15 mins from Senso-Ji temple. Ueno park is also about 15 mins walk. Supermarket around the corner, kitchen has a kettle, hob, microwave, toaster, washing machine and dryer. Staff are super helpful and friendly, would recommend as a good stay in Tokyo, McDonald close by for emergency food !!

Very nice hostel - wish I could have stayed there longer!

Just one night so i cant tell much but place looks nice and clean,room was tiny but good with everything you need.staff kind and very professional Cant expected more from a backpacker. Would go back again if need to

The hotel is average, but the staff is extremely nice and helpful and the location is pretty damn good, especially for that price ;-)

My only wish was that I could have stayed there more. The staff were great and very helpful! If you need a place to stay this is a great one for the value! I plan on staying there again when I come back to Japan!

• 8th Aug 2015

Very great location and nice service. Is not far from this hostel to the airport.

I had the most wonderful time here! The staff were all so helpful, and they did a great job anticipating my needs. Would definitely stay here again.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hostel is a little tricky to find even with Google Maps.

Workers are very friendly and helpful !

• 2nd Aug 2015