Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It will be better if coffee or tea and shampoo or soap is available:)

Amazing Time at Oak Hostel . i love your staff .they're very nice and help me everything. i promise iwill be back .

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Thailand

Very disappointed. I found the hotel at the last minutes and since this hotel was ranked average, I thought it should be okay to say. I was wrong. I've visited Tokyo for more than 5 times and this is the FIRST TIME I got loss in Uneo area. The instruction to the hotel is very confusing. We looked for the sign to hotel (per instruction). We couldn't find it and the staff said it was taken down a while ago. Why don't you update us or update the instruction! Think again if you want to stay

I liked this hotel in a very good location and great staff Keep it clean and organize

ห้องนอนรวมไม่โอไม่มีอะไรให้เลย,แต่ห้องนอนแยกดีมากมีครบทุกอย่าง

in dorm i don't have anything ,i have only bed without lay

really a great place to stay in Tokyo as a hostel, staff really friendly and helpful, nice place and environement just perfect, thank you

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

I like this hostel. It is not far from the subway. The room is small but enough for one person and I felt comfortable to stay here. Staffs were very nice and could speak English. However, there was only one I didn't like is Wi-Fi. It didn't work so good when I used it in my private room and many times I needed to came down to the Lobby to only use Wi-Fi.

More of a hotel then a backpacker hostel. Staff were quite friendly & the location was a good base point for getting around Tokyo. Also provided lots of recommendations through brochures etc. Enjoyed our stay, thank-you.

Staffs speak English and they are very helpful. My flight landed at 22:30 PM so I e-mail to Hotel that can I check out late like 1 PM and they waited for me. They replied e-mail very soon. Also, their blanket is very warm and cozy. I'm loved it. FYI, I stay at Female dorm which bathroom is shared but it's clean so no problem at all. I recommended this place. It's clean, 10-15 mins walk from UENO station and reasonable price.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Thailand

good location, there's some issue with the wifi on my floor though, luckily the wifi signal on other floors are strong enough so I could connect to them.

paying 20 bucks for a bed and ending up with the whole room to myself because no one else was put in that room was the best thing I could have ever hoped for. That being said, great place, friendly people, would recommend

• 18th Oct 2015

We liked this place very much, the rooms were not big, but it was enough and they were well equipped (table, fridge, tv, kettle, a/c). There is also a small kitchen in the basement and a washing machine / dryer. Around the block there is non-stop supermarket. The hotel is just 3 minutes away from Inaricho station and in 10 minutes walking to Ueno station. The staff was very friendly , we would stay again.

I stayed three different places while in Tokyo, but wished I'd just stayed at just one - this one.

• 14th Oct 2015

The rooms are small, but Tokyo is so fun that you'll hardly spend in time in the room.

• 13th Oct 2015

Very well located and helpful friendly staff. The only suggestion for improvement would be to move smokers away from the front door so that you don't have to walk through a haze of smoke when going in and out

• Couple, 41+

It all good. If i will go to Tokyo again i will stay in that hotel again.

• Thailand

Clean though oldish room, adequate space, very useful to have our own ensuite bathroom and a fridge in the double private room. Staff were very friendly and helped us with a phone call reservation with their own phone when the payphone wouldn't work. Location was great: walking distance to Ueno station (10min), Senso-ji temple (15min), restaurants/cafes, and convenience stores. Not a particularly social hostel since there never seemed to be many people in the common areas.

So I stayed here for the first week of my trip to Japan and overall I would say it was nice enough. However I would add it wasn't what I was looking for. This is actually a hotel that has hostel dorms, so this is not a place to meet people. There were a lot of local travelers, and older couples etc. So it's a nice place and I'd stay there again with the right circumstances, but being on my own I wish I'd stayed at a more alive hostel. Wifi was also mostly poor.

Good hostel for a reasonable price. Don't expect too much from the area though.