Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Staffs are frindly. Price is cheaper than other places nearby. It's very convenience to travel by metro, 5 minute from Inaricho Station

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

its my second stay at oak hostel and it did not disappoint. the staff was as friendly as i remembered and the gjrl is very cute and helpful. the rooms are very cozy. with tv, little refridgerator and a little bathroom. also close to the station, subway and some restaurants and shops. next time i will try booking at oak again.

I like everything except need more power plug ( might be good to have international muti- power plug ). It is not enough for two people to charge device, need to charge 2 phones, 2 power bank , 2 camera battery and pocket wifi. I had to wake up every 3 hours to check battery and switch to charge other devices.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

The Oak Hotel is indeed a hotel. All the facilities are in great-shape and well organized as a whole. However, considering the capacity of the premise, the common area is really tiny and there are guest rooms close to the common room, which really limited the time of use regarding the common area. If you are not able to read any Japanese, the Oak Hotel is a good choice as there are signs and illustration of everything u need to know about travelling Tokyo, otherwise it doesn't worth the money.

The best staff ever. Really friendly.

Very friendly staff, very helpful. Very comfortable futon, and a really nice atmosphere.

Very nice place however very quite.

Staff was very polite and helpful. What I liked the best was its price for the location. The location is simply fantastic. Easy access to Narita via Keisei Skyliner, and through the JR Ueno station you can pretty much get anywhere. Also on top of the Ginza Metro line. Lots of eateries and shops around too. Rooms were clean and basic. I stayed in a single japanese room. Common area seemed smallish, so I didnt meet many people....

• 20th Jan 2015

Oak Hostel was clean and easy to access! The first time it's a little tricky finding the hostel, but after you know where it is, everything is a piece of cake. The staff is super friendly and nice, and there is laundry, computers, and wifi on every floor. This isn't the most social hostel I've stayed at -- there's not a big space for everyone to hang out and lounge, I mostly only talked to my dorm mates. The room is cozy and the bed was super comfortable but the bathroom was a little small

Had a great stay here! The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and the hostel has books full of recommendations on activities and restaurants. One note about location: if you are just here for the nightlife in roppongi then this is a long hike from there. However it is close to lots of good attractions (Ueno park museums, ashakura market) and only a ten minute walk from the airport line ending stop (skyliner train) so easy to get in and out id the city. Excellent value for your money!

I've stayed here before and I will again. The facilities are small but comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful and give the hotel a welcoming atmosphere. I recommend the sushi party they hold on the weekend. The location is handily placed between Ueno and Asakusa (two stops away on the Ginza line)

I've stayed here before and I'll stay here again.

I stayed at the Hotel branch (Oak Hotel), in a 4 bed female dorm. The directions on how to find it were extremely accurate. The staff here was awesome. Always willing to help and super knowledgeable, and if there was anything they didn't know, they would get back to me later with the all the info needed. I was there in January and the weather wasn't the best. It rained one day and they offered umbrellas for all the guests at the hotel, showing a great sense of hospitality and guest service.

We stayed at this hostel for four nights and had a great time. We also stayed there five years ago when it was the Oak Hotel. The staff were really lovely and helped us find our signed photo from 2009. The hostel is in a good location and really close to several metro/train stations. There's a Sukiya restaurant close by which we went to every second night. We can't wait to stay there a third time.

Lovely hotel!!!

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

I hope people who stay at the 2nd floor bed in dormitory can use the wall socket.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

The staff was super welcoming and nice, and the hostel was a short walking distance to shops and restaurants, and very close to the metro. They frequently hold parties for the customers, and it's a very cozy at-home feeling. I'll definitely be staying there again!!

• 8th Jan 2015

The staff at Oak Hostel were extremely accommodating, welcoming, and friendly. They could speak English pretty well so we had no language barriers. The rooms have everything you could possibly need, plus they leave some yukata in the room for you to wear! They also have a water boiler and packets of green tea. I love that all the bathrooms are ensuite at this hostel. This was probably my favorite place to stay in Japan.

Liked this place quite a bit. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots of suggestions for things to see and do. Near the inarichi stop by asakusa station, so easy to get anywhere, but 20-25 minutes from shibuya/shinjuku areas. very close to akihabara. dorm rooms are kinda small but still comfortable. good value, recommend this place.

Bathrooms a bit smaller. Only stayed for one night but definitely comfy in general.