Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I have stayed at the Oak every time I'm in Tokyo. Place is clean and friendly and reasonable. Being so close to Ueno is a HUGE plus as it is a very handy station with access to many important lines. Heartily recommended

• 9th Apr 2015

Good hostel, a lot of travel tips and good location.

Oak hostel is so comfortable & it near to Inaricho station.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Amazing experience! Thanks for inviting us to party! We really had a great time! Hope we can be there again sooon!

Still(stayed here in 2012) a good place to stay in Tokyo but not as good as it should be for the price you pay for a very small Japanese style room (tip: ask for an extra futon). Close to the metrostation. It will take you 35 minutes to get to Shibuya station, last metro around midnight. There is a cramped ramen shop very close to the hostel where you can have the best noodles for breakfast and for a midnight snack. Staff are friendly but some operating on automatic pilot.

• 6th Apr 2015

I stayed at Oak Hostel for just one night. It's an easy 10 minute walk from the Ueno station, straight down a main street. The room itself was small but had everything you could need. It was clean, no frills. The front desk seemed helpful but we didn't have much interaction with them. They let us check in early when we got there at 12:30 which was nice.

great hotel with an excellent staff!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Over expectation of hostel, great!!

Great place to stay. The staff are really awesome and we spoke with them for quite a bit. The place is also right off of the Tokyo Metro.

good staff , good location

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

Brilliantly located and fantastic staff. A nice way to start the trip to Japan, The hostel is easy to find and close to Ueno JR station (esp. good for people with JR passes - you don have to buy subway tickets to go anywhere). Its walking distance to Asakusa & Ueno 2 nice areas of Tokyo

Jennifer and I had the best time vacationing in Tokyo. Your establishment was great. Thank you, Molly

Lovely, quiet, comfortable place to stay. Stayed here twice in a twin room in my/our 2 week Japan trip. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable. The location is fine. Only issue is to be patient with the water temperature of the tiny shower! Please go to the Japanese restaurant as you turn right on the main road (with all the signs/pictures). Delicious food and lovely staff who chat to you in basic English. I'd stay here again!

What a great place to stay. Very convenient when coming in from Narita airport. A quiet part of Tokyo but everything is so accessible with the subway. Great hotel. Clean, friendly staff. We had a twin room and could not have been happier

• 23rd Mar 2015

the room had a weird smell. I don't know if it was the cleaning chemicals that the hotel used, but I had to wash all of my clothes when I got back home just to get the smell out. Other than that not a bad hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great place, nice location. thanks for your suggestions on local restaurants.

People from hotel very friendly

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The room was small but clean. Staff are well versed in English and location was accessible from the train station, about 5min walk from the station. I will definitely stay in oak hostel again.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

It's my second trip to Tokyo. I stayed there with my mother for 5 nights. It is some walk away (about 15 minites) from Ueno station but still I like the location. It's easy to find. It's 15 minutes walk to Asakusa Kannon Temple/Tokyo SkyTree and Ueno Park/Ameyayoko market. Also, it's near the station that has direct train to Narita Airport. The staff speaks English very well. My mum and I had a pleasant stay. I'll definitely come back.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

third time in oak hotel and it was great just like last time