Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Good hostel for a reasonable price. Don't expect too much from the area though.

The price is not cheap. (60USD per stay). The room is extremely small. (less than 90 sq ft) The toilet is very dirty. The water can not be drained. Everything is dark and dirty in the room. I have reserved 3 nights. I checked out after the first 2 nights and moved to another proper hotel.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice staff speaking english, nice rooms and facilities. If we come back in Tokyo, we'll stay at the Oak Hotel !

Near a station that isn't ideal, but pretty decent, staff speak english and Japanese, it's very much a hotel wanting to make money off the hostel crowd, but despite that being transparent it's still nice enough. However, I really didn't like the lockers here, I wouldn't recommend this place if you bring a lot of valuables.

A bit confusing with it being called hostel on hostelworld, but actually being named Oak hotel. It's a bit run down and the facilities are rather unpractical as well. But good value for your money and a good location.

It is a very pleasant place and a good deal for Tokyo.

Good hostel, room was really small, but weel located in tokyo.

staff is friendly and helpful - 1min to the next subway station - rooms are clean - so all in all a good place to be. unfortunately my room smelled strange and not really good (although it was clean)

I was treated as a valued guest with every courtesy that you would receive in a four star hotel.

For me it was worth the money...private and working ac in august

The room was small, dank and humid, with a strange smell at all times. It had smears on the walls and on the sheets, with stains in the carpeting. The overall atmosphere was insalubrious and made me spend as little time as possible in the room. The room was advertised as a hotel room and had the rates of one but it had the feel of a dirty hostel.

my concern only on the room. the smell wasn't nice

The room smelled funny - not in a pleasant way.

It was a great hostel for my first night in Japan! The staff was friendly and the rooms were accommodating. For the price, it was good.

Very very cramped little rooms and smelt like a geriatric home. Wifi did not work. En suite was smaller than an airplane. Otherwise staff were nice.

1 2 3 Next » last »