Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great place to stay when visiting Tokyo. So close to the metro, so it's easy to get around! However, this is not a hostel which I was unaware of when booking through Hostelworld, so you will be paying more, and the price is per head, not per room. However, if you're looking for an inexpensive hotel room, I really have no complaints.

• 5th Jan 2015

Helpful staff and lots of good info for sightseeing Tokyo placed around hostel. Good location too, especially for it's proximity to Ueno station which is a major JR station and useful when heading north into the alps.

This hotel is quite good! The staffs all are polite. But it is quite far away from Ueno station.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

We loved the Oak, we have stayed there many times and will do it again :)

Exactly what I expected. Friendly staff with after hour access. Close to train station.

• 30th Dec 2014

I stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed it very much. I got sick but the hotel staff helped me out in every possible way and was very supportive in every way. Needless to say, I got better quickly.

I have never stayed at a better hostel. The staff are absolutely fantastic. Across the board amazing place.

This is the first ever hostel in which I've stayed. Small bathroom, low-lighting. Excellent price if all you want to do is tour Tokyo and sleep there at night. You get for what you paid for. Their staff is very friendly and are easy to talk to. Their location is pretty close to a metro station. Convenience store and 24h supermarket near-by.

I had a great time at this hotel/hostel and the neighborhood is interesting, even when it is not located in "central" Tokyo.

The Oak hostel is about 2 min away from Inaricho station, about 10 min from Ueno station and is close to Asakusa. The staff are really friendly, welcoming and also really fun! They were definitely entertaining at the X-mas party! The room I had was so cozy, clean and spacious enough for me to stay in, I really liked the room I stayed in as it did accommodate my luggage. The facilities are available, although the dryer took longer to dry my clothes than I thought. Still a great place to stay in!

I really enjoyed my stay at Oak Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is great. I would definitely stay there again. The only complaint I have is that my locker (I stayed in a dorm room) was a bit faulty - but the staff was very helpful in fixing it! A+

We stayed at Oak hotel for a week. The location is very good. Close to train station and close to other tourist places by taking a train. There are many convenient stores and laundry shop nearby the hotel, so it was very convenient for us. The staffs are very helpful and speak English very well. The room is quite clean but unfortunately, the bathroom is stinky. We changed room due to unavailable of hotel room, and found that the second room we stayed was much better about the cleanliness.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The area is perfect to anywhere in Tokyo. As it was our first time in Japan, getting to this hostel from Narita Airport was a breeze. Rooms are cosy plus, they helped to clean our rooms too! Nice ambience with comforting staffs. Highly recommended.

Great help from the staff!!

Excellent hotel, great location near Asakusa and Ueno. Staff very friendly !

• 16th Dec 2014

Great place, lovely helpful staff, highly recommend

After travelling through the different cities around Japan, I found Oak Hostel to be well positioned, close towards JR Ueno, and most importantly... easy to find. I am however quite disappointed at the atmosphere within the hostel, it is very quiet and I personally find it lacking in vibrancy. But then again, everyone is different. I found the staff to be very formal and polite, however I found them to be answering my questions like a machine. Maybe Oak Hostel is just not mytype of Hostel

Good location, a 10 minute walk from Ueno station (from which it is easy to go many places). Lots of convenience stores near the hotel. We had a double room for 3 nights, and it suited us (young couple) fine. Room was a bit dated but clean and functional nonetheless. Good wifi connection. For Tokyo, it's good value for money (though compared to the rest of Japan it seems pricey).

I love oak hotel !

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

This hotel is close to the metro station and is easy to find. The staff were very helpful. The Internet was fast here too.