Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great place!!! Highly recommended for trvelers

Friendly and helpful staff. The lounge is not really a lounge, just a table a some chairs, which is a shame.

Excellent! A good place to explore Tokio from, a subway station very close by and in walking distance from Ueno, shops in the street (7/11). I had a twin bedroom with its own toilet and shower and housekeeping (clean towels, etc.) each day. Somewhat difficult to meet other backpackers here because there is not really a bar in the hotel where you can hang out and have drinks, nevertheless, I would visit this place again, because it is safe, computers with free internet, clean, luxurious.

Clean convenient hotel with good service. I arrived early, but they let me check in since my room was ready. The tatami mat room was small with a closet-sized bathroom, but the room was comfortable and I was satisfied with the facilities. This place has great value and the location is conveniently near Ueno station and is within walking distance of landmarks like Sensoji.

• 24th May 2014
  • Japan

Great service, god location, great staff!

• 21st May 2014

Fine hostel, good room. Small bathroom (arent they all in Japan?). Only stayed one night. Wifi reception in our room was little.

• 21st May 2014

if I have a free time , I will book this hotel again . Thank you all staff who make me feel happy on my birthday period . Hotel look like my home when I stay here. I'm look forward to see Oak hotel staff again in next time. Regard....... A.K. TG staff

• Thailand

Staffs are very nice ; Excellent service , Good in English and room is clean.

• Thailand

Wifi not really work in the room.

• Hong Kong

The staff were always happy and friendly, regardless of the time of morning/day/night, the other guests were always pleasant and we could come and go as we pleased without obstruction.

• 17th May 2014

A great position near station, convenient for you to go everywhere in Tokyo.Nearby is Ueno station, surrounding is the good place to shop clothes,cosmetics(drug store and market), local foods. The staffs are nice and pleasant, but the open place for travelers seems a little small,more like a hotel. The room is clean, while the shower place and toilet is narrow in the dormitory.I would like to recommend the position.

Couldn't have asked for a better stay in the heart of Tokyo! Situated conveniently between two JR Yamanote lines the location was unbeatable. The hostel staff was amazing - so friendly, welcoming and helpful. Great sized room (Please consider Japanese standards) and a very clean hostel. I've been to Japan many times in different hostels and I really enjoyed my stay here, would do it again!

Staff are very friendly and speaks English very well!

• 16th May 2014
  • Singapore

This hotel is in a fantastic location, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The only negative thing was that the rooms and bathrooms were quite small.

Me and my mom stayed here for three days and we loved it. We stayed in Japanese style semi double. Great staff and great location! I'll definitely use this hostel/hotel again

• 14th May 2014
  • South Korea
  • All Female Group, 41+

Located close to the metro (one stop from Ueno), neighbourhood not too interesting. Nice staff. Not a real common room, feels more like a hotel instead of hostel (hardly met other travellers).

Very good service and location

Perfect. The only inconvenience was that there was no fridge in the kitchen.

The rooms were well-kept and perfect for what we needed. The front desk was amazingly helpful; thank you for a great stay!

Common area is pretty small. Location is great though. Overall a decent place to stay.