Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Very charming place. Very clean and sure. Great staff.

Great for the price, very helpful staff!

Location is great, close to Ueno and Asakusa area. Rooms were small but clean, in the bathroom there was a strange plastic smell. Common area could be bigger and the kitchen needs some more equipment. Hostel staff was very friendly and nice, but unfortunately it's more like a shared room "hotel". Anyway the people at the receptions are well-prepared for travellers and they have many suggestions and brochures to spend a good time in Tokyo!

Nice location, not a long walk from subway and the train station. Two stops away from Akihabara. Staff were super helpful and the single room I had was well worth the money.

I loved everything about my stay. The staff was kind and helpful, the room was great, well stocked, and cleaned daily, and the location couldn't have been better! The only minor negative was the loud AC unit on the building next door that was audible at all hours even with the window closed (hardly the hotel's fault though). If I go back to Tokyo I'll be sure to stay at the Oak Hostel again!

• 27th Jun 2014

I hope there is public bathroom.

Excellent place to stay in Tokyo for sure....

I like this place. Staff of this hotel are very kind. The hotel is near Tokyo metro station I think it easy to go to travel by train. I love this hotel. I think I'll be back soon.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Very nice area, had trouble at first trying to find it. It is a couple of blocks past Inaricho station on Asakusa dori pay attention to signage on street and community maps. I'll definitely stay there again.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Loved the directions to the hostel. It helped immensely. Had everything we needed and helpful staff

Tiny room, hard bed, but otherwise decent hostel.

Just 3 min walk from inaricho station. Great experience staying in the tatami style room

Wonderful small hotel with extremely kind and helpful staff! I regret having only stayed there for one night, but return at any moment staying in Tokyo. Calm environment, but only 10 minutes walk to Ueno station.

• 18th Jun 2014

Quite convenient location to get around Tokyo and other city near by. The staff is really nice and helpful.

I love the Oak Hotel and will definitely return on my next trip to Tokyo. Great staff, friendly, fluent English, perfect location right next to the Ginza line!

• 15th Jun 2014

Room and bathroom were extremely tiny. Seemed to pay a lot for a private room. Not good bang for buck.

Not really a hostel...more of a business hotel. Decent value. Unfortunately, our whole room, especially bed/futon, felt very damp and smelled strongly like mildew. Probably would not stay here again.

Really friendly and helpful staff - brilliant after arriving on a long flight with only a couple of hours sleep

Didn't feel clean. The room smelled a bit like bathroom. The window is strange and the layout of the room is very strange also. Something on the wall just had a duck tape. I wanted to leave the room as soon as possible. They need to update the rooms.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Japan

I had a very nice stay here for 6 days and am hoping to return later in the year it was a very nice location and easy to get around the city and to and from the airport nice and clean and staff very friendly . I found it good value for Tokyo