Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I have never stayed at a better hostel. The staff are absolutely fantastic. Across the board amazing place.

This is the first ever hostel in which I've stayed. Small bathroom, low-lighting. Excellent price if all you want to do is tour Tokyo and sleep there at night. You get for what you paid for. Their staff is very friendly and are easy to talk to. Their location is pretty close to a metro station. Convenience store and 24h supermarket near-by.

I had a great time at this hotel/hostel and the neighborhood is interesting, even when it is not located in "central" Tokyo.

The Oak hostel is about 2 min away from Inaricho station, about 10 min from Ueno station and is close to Asakusa. The staff are really friendly, welcoming and also really fun! They were definitely entertaining at the X-mas party! The room I had was so cozy, clean and spacious enough for me to stay in, I really liked the room I stayed in as it did accommodate my luggage. The facilities are available, although the dryer took longer to dry my clothes than I thought. Still a great place to stay in!

I really enjoyed my stay at Oak Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is great. I would definitely stay there again. The only complaint I have is that my locker (I stayed in a dorm room) was a bit faulty - but the staff was very helpful in fixing it! A+

We stayed at Oak hotel for a week. The location is very good. Close to train station and close to other tourist places by taking a train. There are many convenient stores and laundry shop nearby the hotel, so it was very convenient for us. The staffs are very helpful and speak English very well. The room is quite clean but unfortunately, the bathroom is stinky. We changed room due to unavailable of hotel room, and found that the second room we stayed was much better about the cleanliness.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The area is perfect to anywhere in Tokyo. As it was our first time in Japan, getting to this hostel from Narita Airport was a breeze. Rooms are cosy plus, they helped to clean our rooms too! Nice ambience with comforting staffs. Highly recommended.

Great help from the staff!!

Excellent hotel, great location near Asakusa and Ueno. Staff very friendly !

• 16th Dec 2014

Great place, lovely helpful staff, highly recommend

After travelling through the different cities around Japan, I found Oak Hostel to be well positioned, close towards JR Ueno, and most importantly... easy to find. I am however quite disappointed at the atmosphere within the hostel, it is very quiet and I personally find it lacking in vibrancy. But then again, everyone is different. I found the staff to be very formal and polite, however I found them to be answering my questions like a machine. Maybe Oak Hostel is just not mytype of Hostel

Good location, a 10 minute walk from Ueno station (from which it is easy to go many places). Lots of convenience stores near the hotel. We had a double room for 3 nights, and it suited us (young couple) fine. Room was a bit dated but clean and functional nonetheless. Good wifi connection. For Tokyo, it's good value for money (though compared to the rest of Japan it seems pricey).

I love oak hotel !

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

This hotel is close to the metro station and is easy to find. The staff were very helpful. The Internet was fast here too.

Oak Hostel is not dirty, but the facility overall is aged and in disrepair. It is not well-sealed from outside cold. The staff was helpful and friendly, but their English was not the best, nor their knowledge of how to get around Tokyo. Mostly I gave this hostel a low rating because it doesn't have an inviting atmosphere or much of a common space to allow guests to interact. One of thesis reasons I stay in a hostel is to meet other traveller's and explore together, but that wasn't possible here.

Nice staff and I always happy to stay in Oak Hotel

WE LOST OUR ITEMS TWICE!!! Why housekeepers throw away our belongings which are NOT in trash bin? First time our receipts and lovely packing bags are gone, fortunately they are back one day later. Second time my friend's toothbrush is missing, and she has to buy a new one. I can't believe such things happened in Japan! The management and staff training must be improved! Room is tiny and has a bit of a bad smell, staff don't speak good English. Such a disappointment!

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • China

CAREFUL: BEDBUGS! Stayed one night at Oak hotel upon arrival to Tokyo. Japanese style room was fine and clean. Location is great - walkable distance to Ueno and quick walk to Inaricho metro station. I was planning on staying there again for 4 days at the end of my trip but found the room was infested with bed bugs. Told the staff, who reacted in surprise and said this was the first time they had heard about this. Cancelled my stay. Slept in a karaoke in Ueno instead. They refunded me in part.

The stay was great! Loved the location - very easy access to the Ginza subway line and easy to get around to top spots in the city. The room was exactly what I needed and very cozy. Front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. The only complaint I had was some mold in the shower that would have been a pretty easy clean I think. Otherwise excellent stay- would come back!

ที่พักสะอาดสะอ่าน พนักงานพูดจาดี อัธยาสัยดี ใกล้รถไฟฟ้าใต้ดิน ราคาถูกแต่ปลอดภัย คุ้มค่าครับ แนะนำเลยสำกรับที่นี่

• 20th Nov 2014