Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I loved everything about my stay. The staff was kind and helpful, the room was great, well stocked, and cleaned daily, and the location couldn't have been better! The only minor negative was the loud AC unit on the building next door that was audible at all hours even with the window closed (hardly the hotel's fault though). If I go back to Tokyo I'll be sure to stay at the Oak Hostel again!

• 27th Jun 2014

I hope there is public bathroom.

Excellent place to stay in Tokyo for sure....

I like this place. Staff of this hotel are very kind. The hotel is near Tokyo metro station I think it easy to go to travel by train. I love this hotel. I think I'll be back soon.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Very nice area, had trouble at first trying to find it. It is a couple of blocks past Inaricho station on Asakusa dori pay attention to signage on street and community maps. I'll definitely stay there again.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Loved the directions to the hostel. It helped immensely. Had everything we needed and helpful staff

Tiny room, hard bed, but otherwise decent hostel.

Just 3 min walk from inaricho station. Great experience staying in the tatami style room

Wonderful small hotel with extremely kind and helpful staff! I regret having only stayed there for one night, but return at any moment staying in Tokyo. Calm environment, but only 10 minutes walk to Ueno station.

• 18th Jun 2014

Quite convenient location to get around Tokyo and other city near by. The staff is really nice and helpful.

I love the Oak Hotel and will definitely return on my next trip to Tokyo. Great staff, friendly, fluent English, perfect location right next to the Ginza line!

• 15th Jun 2014

Room and bathroom were extremely tiny. Seemed to pay a lot for a private room. Not good bang for buck.

Not really a hostel...more of a business hotel. Decent value. Unfortunately, our whole room, especially bed/futon, felt very damp and smelled strongly like mildew. Probably would not stay here again.

Really friendly and helpful staff - brilliant after arriving on a long flight with only a couple of hours sleep

Didn't feel clean. The room smelled a bit like bathroom. The window is strange and the layout of the room is very strange also. Something on the wall just had a duck tape. I wanted to leave the room as soon as possible. They need to update the rooms.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Japan

I had a very nice stay here for 6 days and am hoping to return later in the year it was a very nice location and easy to get around the city and to and from the airport nice and clean and staff very friendly . I found it good value for Tokyo

Please fix the dryer !!!!!! Everyone was practically complaining about it, not working properly.

• 31st May 2014
  • Indonesia

The room is small, and the private bathroom is even smaller but after 15 days traveling in Japan you notice this is the standard for bathrooms around the country, so in that case, is perfect. 2 minutes walking from the subway.

Good hotel for a stay in Tokyo with easy access to subway (5min walk to Inaricho) and JR-Lines (15min walk to Ueno). Room, especially the bathroom, was very small but clean. Staff was very nice and helpful.

• 28th May 2014

New and very clean hostel. Helpful and friendly staff