Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

We stayed at Oak hotel for a week. The location is very good. Close to train station and close to other tourist places by taking a train. There are many convenient stores and laundry shop nearby the hotel, so it was very convenient for us. The staffs are very helpful and speak English very well. The room is quite clean but unfortunately, the bathroom is stinky. We changed room due to unavailable of hotel room, and found that the second room we stayed was much better about the cleanliness.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The area is perfect to anywhere in Tokyo. As it was our first time in Japan, getting to this hostel from Narita Airport was a breeze. Rooms are cosy plus, they helped to clean our rooms too! Nice ambience with comforting staffs. Highly recommended.

Great help from the staff!!

Excellent hotel, great location near Asakusa and Ueno. Staff very friendly !

• 16th Dec 2014

Great place, lovely helpful staff, highly recommend

After travelling through the different cities around Japan, I found Oak Hostel to be well positioned, close towards JR Ueno, and most importantly... easy to find. I am however quite disappointed at the atmosphere within the hostel, it is very quiet and I personally find it lacking in vibrancy. But then again, everyone is different. I found the staff to be very formal and polite, however I found them to be answering my questions like a machine. Maybe Oak Hostel is just not mytype of Hostel

Good location, a 10 minute walk from Ueno station (from which it is easy to go many places). Lots of convenience stores near the hotel. We had a double room for 3 nights, and it suited us (young couple) fine. Room was a bit dated but clean and functional nonetheless. Good wifi connection. For Tokyo, it's good value for money (though compared to the rest of Japan it seems pricey).

I love oak hotel !

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

This hotel is close to the metro station and is easy to find. The staff were very helpful. The Internet was fast here too.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »