Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Brilliantly located and fantastic staff. A nice way to start the trip to Japan, The hostel is easy to find and close to Ueno JR station (esp. good for people with JR passes - you don have to buy subway tickets to go anywhere). Its walking distance to Asakusa & Ueno 2 nice areas of Tokyo

Jennifer and I had the best time vacationing in Tokyo. Your establishment was great. Thank you, Molly

Lovely, quiet, comfortable place to stay. Stayed here twice in a twin room in my/our 2 week Japan trip. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable. The location is fine. Only issue is to be patient with the water temperature of the tiny shower! Please go to the Japanese restaurant as you turn right on the main road (with all the signs/pictures). Delicious food and lovely staff who chat to you in basic English. I'd stay here again!

What a great place to stay. Very convenient when coming in from Narita airport. A quiet part of Tokyo but everything is so accessible with the subway. Great hotel. Clean, friendly staff. We had a twin room and could not have been happier

• 23rd Mar 2015

the room had a weird smell. I don't know if it was the cleaning chemicals that the hotel used, but I had to wash all of my clothes when I got back home just to get the smell out. Other than that not a bad hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great place, nice location. thanks for your suggestions on local restaurants.

People from hotel very friendly

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The room was small but clean. Staff are well versed in English and location was accessible from the train station, about 5min walk from the station. I will definitely stay in oak hostel again.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

It's my second trip to Tokyo. I stayed there with my mother for 5 nights. It is some walk away (about 15 minites) from Ueno station but still I like the location. It's easy to find. It's 15 minutes walk to Asakusa Kannon Temple/Tokyo SkyTree and Ueno Park/Ameyayoko market. Also, it's near the station that has direct train to Narita Airport. The staff speaks English very well. My mum and I had a pleasant stay. I'll definitely come back.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

third time in oak hotel and it was great just like last time

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »