Oak Hostel Reviews

6-1-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Wifi not really work in the room.

• 19th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff were always happy and friendly, regardless of the time of morning/day/night, the other guests were always pleasant and we could come and go as we pleased without obstruction.

• 17th May 2014

A great position near station, convenient for you to go everywhere in Tokyo.Nearby is Ueno station, surrounding is the good place to shop clothes,cosmetics(drug store and market), local foods. The staffs are nice and pleasant, but the open place for travelers seems a little small,more like a hotel. The room is clean, while the shower place and toilet is narrow in the dormitory.I would like to recommend the position.

Couldn't have asked for a better stay in the heart of Tokyo! Situated conveniently between two JR Yamanote lines the location was unbeatable. The hostel staff was amazing - so friendly, welcoming and helpful. Great sized room (Please consider Japanese standards) and a very clean hostel. I've been to Japan many times in different hostels and I really enjoyed my stay here, would do it again!

Staff are very friendly and speaks English very well!

• 16th May 2014
  • Singapore

This hotel is in a fantastic location, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The only negative thing was that the rooms and bathrooms were quite small.

Me and my mom stayed here for three days and we loved it. We stayed in Japanese style semi double. Great staff and great location! I'll definitely use this hostel/hotel again

• 14th May 2014
  • South Korea
  • All Female Group, 41+

Located close to the metro (one stop from Ueno), neighbourhood not too interesting. Nice staff. Not a real common room, feels more like a hotel instead of hostel (hardly met other travellers).

Very good service and location

Perfect. The only inconvenience was that there was no fridge in the kitchen.

The rooms were well-kept and perfect for what we needed. The front desk was amazingly helpful; thank you for a great stay!

Common area is pretty small. Location is great though. Overall a decent place to stay.

This was the best hostel i've been to and I've never seen more helpful and friendly staff. I stayed in a single private room and it was such good value for money. I'm used to staying in hostels around Australia and to me The Oak hostel was the best. Value for money, great staff, great location and great facilities!

• 1st May 2014

the staff was very friendly and very good in English. The location is very convenient with lots of convenience stores around; only 10~15 minute walk to Ueno station, and only 1~2 minute walk from Inaricho station for the Ginza line. There's so many shops close to Ueno and Ameyoko district with everything I need from cosmetics, gifts/omiyage, supermarket, fresh foods, cakes, and more! I highly recommend this place and would come back again:)

Staying in his hotel was very convenient because of the location, however it was exceedingly difficult to find. I was lost in the streets of Ueno for a few minutes before I managed to find it. Also, it was incredibly nice to have so much stuff to help out foreign travelers, so I thought that was very unique and wonderful. However, the room itself was not the cleanest. There was obvious mildew in the bathroom and it was still wet from the previous occupant.

• 30th Apr 2014

I stayed here twice during my trip to Japan - once in a Japanese-style room, and once in a Western-style room. Both rooms were very nice, though my personal favorite was the Japanese-style room. Nice assortment of travel suggestions downstairs and friendly staff. Only downside is that Shibuya is 20 minutes away but not a deal breaker. Hostel is right on the Ginza subway line; easy to get to the airport/around town. Recommended.

Very friendly and helpfull

Fantastic location in Ueno which is a lovely area. Reasonably priced, nice and clean rooms, friendly staff and a great atmosphere. Would stay there again tomorrow!

• 24th Apr 2014

We were a bit disappointed as we stayed 8 days and were given the worst room without window (they refused to change it). Okay if you are in your 20's :-)

• 22nd Apr 2014

a nice place to stay at the outskirts of Tokyo friendly staffs thank you!