Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Very nice quiet place on the airbus route and local bus to downtown.

Amazing hostel with some of the greatest staff. I've been staying at the lodge for almost a month, and it was by far the best month of my trip. Miss the people and the staff - definitely a must stay if you ever come to Auckland.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

it is an average hostel with friendly staff in a great location which is taken over by long-termers and therefore not verz social if you are not one of them. I stayed in the 4bed dorm next to the most annoyingly loud laundry room (no doors) and the back yard where everyone goes for smoking so you will hear the door being smashed all night long. horrible rooom. even though it is not a gap year party hostel, there is drinking till very late most of the nights. wifi: only get 200mb per week.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Austria

Hi, thank you for your comments, we really value them. We are sorry you did not enjoy the room your booked. If you came to us, we could have had a look at an alternative room for you. The Laundry machines are locked after 9:30pm, so no noise from that during the night until 9am. During the winter we do get people staying in Auckland longer as they are working. We hope you enjoy the rest of your traveling.

We arrived in the evening with public bus, the station was close and it was easy to find if you have precise address of hostel. Only one plug in double room so that was the only issue as we wanted to charge more than one device.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Latvia

Oaklands was a brilliant hostel, very welcoming, accomodating helpful, even at last notice! atmosphere stress free, great internal security, located on quiet street where i could park my vehicle easily and safely. had fun activities like BBQ nights etc avaliable or a great space to simply have a quiet night. Facilities was great ( including hairdryers.!) The place very clean and tidy, bed was incredibly comfy. handy on bus route to city, food market, cafes and 2min to Mt Eden summit

• 28th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Such a nice place to be! Welcoming, friendly, great atmosphere. Helpfull staff, super clean, not expensive at all and in a great place to discover auckland. Plenty of free parking!!! Would definetly go there again!

• 27th Mar 2014

I stayed at Oaklands Lodge for almost six months, and it was so far the best six months of my trip in New Zealand. Amazing place to stay, I would any day recommend the hostel. Great staff, great people and just really nice and clean facilities. I've left Auckland now but I miss Oaklands very much already. A must stay in Auckland!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

for the price this place is near unbeatable. the location is superb (mt eden is lovely and calm but has everything you want and is only a couple of dollars bus ride from the centre). the hostel is very clean and has a lovely atmosphere. the staff were 10/10 for helpfullness and genuinly friendly. the double room was lovely, comfy bed, and spacious, with dressing table and cupboard space. we had a lovely view of mt eden itself, and overlooked the front garden. shared bathrooms were clean too.

The guys from the reception were very supportive. The location was great and I had a very great time. I promise to come back soon. Thanks, guys!

• 22nd Mar 2014

You can't fault this place. Oakland's is amazing. The staff are friendly and helpful, the facilities are well above average for a hostel, and the place is kept spotless. I was impressed with the atmosphere - everyone gets on a treat - and the location ideal for people who like city convenience but not city prices. I will stay here again!

• 19th Mar 2014

I stayed here for almost four months an it was by far the best stay I had in New Zealand. If there was any problem or help needed the lovely management could help and if not them personally than they new someone who could. It is a home far away from home and with all the activities and come together they provide, the atmosphere is brilliant and you get quickly in contact to the other guests and become a family if you want to. Stay relaxed in Oaklands and you'll have the time of your life!

Brilliant stop over. Very clean, buses running into the city regularly (and only 1 minute from the bus stop), cafe's near by with other shops too! I will definitely be back here again at the end of trip! Also the people in the hostel were friendly and so were the staff who made me feel at home from the moment I walked into the door!

• 10th Mar 2014

The hostel is everything you want: clean, tidy, well organized and the staff is friendly. A trip to the city center costs you 1.90 NZ$ one way though as it lies a little south. But we're happy to pay that price for such a great hostel. The only bad thing you could say about it is that there are too many information stickers all over the place.

Never been to a hostel this clean before ! Felt like home highly recommend.

I never got to stay there! Booked a 3 bed dorm in late November as I wasn't sure when we were all arriving. We were happy to pay for the 3br dorm. However, on arrival, I was told we had been 'upgraded' to a 2br dorm. There were 3 of us there in the end and there was nowhere for me to sleep. Why wasn't I contacted. They didn't answer that question when I emailed later. Disappointed as it is a nice place with lovely staff, and clean.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi, it is a shame you did not stay here. When booking 2 beds in a 3-bed dorm it means that you have booked 2 of those 3 beds and so the other bed was booked out. We apologized and explained this on arrival. We upgraded you to a 2 bed room as you booked 2 beds, which tells us that only 2 people were coming, not 3 people and everything else was booked out. Thank you for your comments about the hostel and staff, we really appreciate them.

A really welcoming place to stay!great location..easy bus ride to the cbd and mt Eden itself is lovely too.The hostel is kept nice and clean and feels very homely.Iv stayed in a lot of hostels over my time in nz..and I have to say I think this may get first prize:-) -Reasonable internet -Good location -Very clean -Loads of kitchen supplies/utensils -Plenty of bathrooms -Nice garden -Big tv/comfy couches/plenty of films -Friendly and helpful staff -2 pillows

Couldn't fault it, Oaklands was PERFECT!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Friendly and helpfull staff, clean hostel. It was good here

• 28th Feb 2014

The hostel was really nice. The staff was friendly and everything was clean. The best about this hostel is its location: It's out of the city but in no way remote since you can get into downtown Auckland by bus which takes less than 20 minutes and costs less than 2 NZD. Since it is out of town you'll sleep like a baby. Absolutely brilliant hostel.

Excellent hostel, you feel like in home!!! It permits also a good night for sleeping, very quiet during the night, it was great! Very very close to Mt Eden, so it is very easy to go to its summit and see a great sunshine wirh the best view of the city! A little bit far from the center, it could be a problem to the lazy people ;-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3