Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Nice and cosy little place. Really has a home feel to it (it is actually in a house). A little out of town (30min walking or 10min by bus) but enough shops right atthe corner to survive. Great atmosphere thanks to great common area (though the dining area could be a little updated). WiFi is slow. Overall very chilled and peacefull. Would probably stay again on a next trip.

Comfortable, clean, lovely reception guy, very pleasant area - a good place for my last night in NZ!

I loved staying here. Thanks for being such amazing hosts and working hard to create a clean, friendly open space. I'll definitely stay again when I'm next in town.

• 17th Apr 2015

Oakands Lodge was all we could ask for from start to finish. We got in very late to the hostel due to a late flight into Auckalnd and the instructions for checking in from Oaklands was quick and clearly stated. My friend and I were suprisingly upgraded to a double bedroom as well. Johnny, the manager on duty while we were there was also very friendly and helpful. There are (what appear to e some pretty decent restaurants on Mt Eden Road right near the hostel.

Loved it! I thought it would be a problem checking in late at night but I emailed them and they described the entire process of a late check-in in the email. When we arrived, everything went smoothly like the said in the email. Nice and clean, quiet atmosphere and close to Mt. Eden - easy access to buses going into the city. If you want a party hostel, this is not the place for you. If you want a relax and calm place, this is it!

Nice stay here. There were a few leaks in my room however and when it rained there were a few streams of water dripping down. Other than that... great kitchen, patio, showers, etc. (but check out the Bamber house :))

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. The new roof is about to be changed any day now, sorting out the leak in the room you were in. We hope to see you again soon!

Overall a good choice and a nice old building. Be great if someone checked the bathrooms are clean and tidy more than once a day though, as there are not many when the place is full and things get heavily used.

We really enjoyed our stay and had no problems at all arriving in the middle of the night. Thank you

Lovely hostel. The staff are really friendly and everything is perfectly clean and well kept. Located in the adorable Mount Eden village which has loads of cafes and interesting shops. Only about a 45 minutes walk into town or there is a bus for about 2 dollars! There is a free food section in the kitchen which is really useful for those little extras you forgot to buy! Would definitely recommend :)

Had a lovely time, I really had just slept here! I arrived, threw my bags down and ran to the Cricket game!! Then got in late and left at 5:30am. Great atmosphere, and the staff i interacted with were nice! A perfect place, right near Mt.Eden, which is an amazing walk up to see the view! As well about 15-20 min walk to Eden Park. Also, city bus comes right by their street, which was handy! Would love to stay here again if I had the chance!

• 24th Mar 2015

Nice location, good staff and knowledgeable

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Great little quite hostel. Jonny at reception was great!

VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF. VERY CLEAN AND TIDY PLACE/ROOMS. NOT NOISY... DEFINATELY A PLACE TO STAY!

• 19th Mar 2015

The dorm rooms in this hostel were not clean. There was a molding stain on the carpet next to my bed. The sink bowl in one of the bathrooms was cracked and had a hole in it. Water would run straight out of the sink into the bathroom floor. When I first checked in, I claimed an empty bottom bunk by making the bed and putting my stuff on the bed, then I left for a few hours. When I came back some had put my things on the floor and replaced them with theirs.

The rooms are cleaned to an extremely high standard, just like the rest of the hostel. It is a shame someone made your stay here not as welcome by removing your items on the bed you had claimed. I have checked the sinks and not sure where this crack and hole is. I would always prefer guests to inform me of any issues so they can be resolved and make their stay great rather than staying quiet.

A lovely oasis away from the bustle of the city, and a great place for kiwi's and international travellers

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I am pleased you enjoyed our hostel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Next time you can try out some more of the multiple cafes we have just on the main road.

Excellent location if you do not want to be in the cbd. Very quiet location .parking was on street which could be tight at times

Glad you like the location. It is perfect as you have mentioned for getting into the city without being in the centre. Parking has become a little tighter due to more shops and cafes opening up just around the corner, but still enough space to park in the evenings and early morning. Looking forward to your return visit.

This hostel is great you want a calm, quiet place. It's got the beautiful Mt Eden right next to it with pretty nature and it's only a short bus ride from the centre. The staff is really friendly and helpful, I enjoyed it allot!

The guy managing was super friendly and the rooms were nice. Pretty top quality yeah

Thank you for your lovely comment. The staff here, including myself, are very friendly, always willing to help and we will always go out our way to make sure all guest have an extremely enjoyable time here at Oaklands Lodge. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Loved the neighborhood, lots of little cafes around, and right next to Mount Eden. The bus transportation was very fast and convenient to all the key sites. I had a great night's sleep, beautiful morning walk, and awesome breakfast just down the road....

Really helpful and friendly staff. Hostel and rooms were very clean and well looked after. Decent sized, clean and well equipped kitchen. Nearest supermarket a short bus ride away or 15-20min walk. I liked the eco-plug sockets. A short and sweet stay. Thanks!