Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Had a lovely time, I really had just slept here! I arrived, threw my bags down and ran to the Cricket game!! Then got in late and left at 5:30am. Great atmosphere, and the staff i interacted with were nice! A perfect place, right near Mt.Eden, which is an amazing walk up to see the view! As well about 15-20 min walk to Eden Park. Also, city bus comes right by their street, which was handy! Would love to stay here again if I had the chance!

• 24th Mar 2015

VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF. VERY CLEAN AND TIDY PLACE/ROOMS. NOT NOISY... DEFINATELY A PLACE TO STAY!

• 19th Mar 2015

The dorm rooms in this hostel were not clean. There was a molding stain on the carpet next to my bed. The sink bowl in one of the bathrooms was cracked and had a hole in it. Water would run straight out of the sink into the bathroom floor. When I first checked in, I claimed an empty bottom bunk by making the bed and putting my stuff on the bed, then I left for a few hours. When I came back some had put my things on the floor and replaced them with theirs.

The rooms are cleaned to an extremely high standard, just like the rest of the hostel. It is a shame someone made your stay here not as welcome by removing your items on the bed you had claimed. I have checked the sinks and not sure where this crack and hole is. I would always prefer guests to inform me of any issues so they can be resolved and make their stay great rather than staying quiet.

A lovely oasis away from the bustle of the city, and a great place for kiwi's and international travellers

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I am pleased you enjoyed our hostel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Next time you can try out some more of the multiple cafes we have just on the main road.

Excellent location if you do not want to be in the cbd. Very quiet location .parking was on street which could be tight at times

Glad you like the location. It is perfect as you have mentioned for getting into the city without being in the centre. Parking has become a little tighter due to more shops and cafes opening up just around the corner, but still enough space to park in the evenings and early morning. Looking forward to your return visit.

This hostel is great you want a calm, quiet place. It's got the beautiful Mt Eden right next to it with pretty nature and it's only a short bus ride from the centre. The staff is really friendly and helpful, I enjoyed it allot!

The guy managing was super friendly and the rooms were nice. Pretty top quality yeah

Thank you for your lovely comment. The staff here, including myself, are very friendly, always willing to help and we will always go out our way to make sure all guest have an extremely enjoyable time here at Oaklands Lodge. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Loved the neighborhood, lots of little cafes around, and right next to Mount Eden. The bus transportation was very fast and convenient to all the key sites. I had a great night's sleep, beautiful morning walk, and awesome breakfast just down the road....

Really helpful and friendly staff. Hostel and rooms were very clean and well looked after. Decent sized, clean and well equipped kitchen. Nearest supermarket a short bus ride away or 15-20min walk. I liked the eco-plug sockets. A short and sweet stay. Thanks!

Jonny, the lock on the touchpad locked door was jammed resulting in zero security. Not a major concern since Mt Eden is quit and safe anyway. Just wanted to bring to your attention. I enjoyed my stay and fully intend to return when I return to Auckland.

• 15th Feb 2015

Thank you for your feedback. The lock was broken on the night time, which was fixed the very next day when the office re-opened. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Oaklands Lodge and we look forward to seeing you on your return trip!

It was a good experience and a pleasant stay overall. Highly recommended.

really quite, sometime too much. very clean and tidy, sometime too much ( they woofer every single morning) supersecurity!

• 6th Feb 2015

We are a very clean hostel and the cleaners do clean every day as beds and the facilities do need cleaning. We are pleased that you like our hostel and have extended your stay.

Awesome place would recommend. Only $2 bus into city and next door to mt Eden which is worth the climb!

• 6th Feb 2015

Glad that you climbed up to Mt Eden, the best views of Auckland and only 20 minutes from the hostel to the top! We hope to see you again soon.

Stuff were really helpful and very friendly atmosphere. I definitely recommend this lovely hostel to everyone from young backpackers to travellers.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • lisa_hostelworldcom
  • Japan

We like to be as helpful as possible to make everyone's stay here memorable. Oaklands Lodge is a great place to meet people and chill out without all the typical noise of the inner city backpackers.

Amazing! Right next to mt.eden, banks and coffee shops are close too. 10 min walk from grocery store. Everything is very clean. Johnny is helpful. Great atmosphere. Free 200MB wifi which can last about 2 days if you use it sparingly, and then its $3 for another 300mb. Great place, can't wait to come back.

You have described us perfectly with location being right next to all the shops you could every need at your doorstep. And with the bus stop being 100m down the road with buses as regular as 5 minutes, there is no issue in getting into town. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Great staff, great atmosphere, great location. Sweet cafés around.

Really good hostel. Very comfy beds. Lovely staff. Perfect for stay in Mount Eden & Auckland

another badly designed building tiny rooms stayed in a twin very small but cheap very hot .room was right on street so noisey with late night revellers and garbage trucks early morning. hostel was confusing to navigate with 2 large kitchens that dominated and left less space for recreation. no outdoor space for recreation ,smoking ect had to be done on street or tiny outside porch . dark narrow corridors. it didnt feel like a place that people stayed in too long never saw any long term types

• 19th Jan 2015

We are in a nice quiet residential area within the lovely Mt Eden village. The rubbish does get emptied once a week, so I am sorry if the bin men disturbed you. Your booking was in a dorm room and then you extended your stay in a single room, so a bit confused about your room description. There is a lovely rear garden with BBQ, seating area and lawn for all guest to use and socialize. The kitchen is very large and plenty of space to cook your meals.

Friendly, helpful staff. Good big kitchen with multiple hobs- lots of people can cook at the same time. The place was clean and secure. Quiet location, sociable hostel but rooms were quiet so easy to have an early night if you want it. Would recommend

Very clean and cosy hostel. No partyhostel, relaxed atmosphere. Will stay there again.