Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Nice and cosy little place. Really has a home feel to it (it is actually in a house). A little out of town (30min walking or 10min by bus) but enough shops right atthe corner to survive. Great atmosphere thanks to great common area (though the dining area could be a little updated). WiFi is slow. Overall very chilled and peacefull. Would probably stay again on a next trip.

Thank you for your comment, it is highly valued. With great choice of shops in Mt Eden and the bus stop being 100m away (buses every 5 minutes into the city) it is a great location as you have mentioned. We are pleased that you stayed with us for the chilled and peaceful atmosphere meeting like minded people. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Comfortable, clean, lovely reception guy, very pleasant area - a good place for my last night in NZ!

Making your last night in NZ a memorable one is a great feeling for our staff that work here. We are pleased you stayed with us and hope you managed to walk up Mt Eden volcano for the final time to take the spectacular views of Auckland.

I loved staying here. Thanks for being such amazing hosts and working hard to create a clean, friendly open space. I'll definitely stay again when I'm next in town.

• 17th Apr 2015

We look forward to you coming back to our lovely clean and friendly hostel. We always embrace people to come and have a great experience staying in a quiet location near to shops and cafes, while being able to feel like you are at home. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Oakands Lodge was all we could ask for from start to finish. We got in very late to the hostel due to a late flight into Auckalnd and the instructions for checking in from Oaklands was quick and clearly stated. My friend and I were suprisingly upgraded to a double bedroom as well. Johnny, the manager on duty while we were there was also very friendly and helpful. There are (what appear to e some pretty decent restaurants on Mt Eden Road right near the hostel.

Loved it! I thought it would be a problem checking in late at night but I emailed them and they described the entire process of a late check-in in the email. When we arrived, everything went smoothly like the said in the email. Nice and clean, quiet atmosphere and close to Mt. Eden - easy access to buses going into the city. If you want a party hostel, this is not the place for you. If you want a relax and calm place, this is it!

1 2 Next » last »