Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

I stayed in a single room and it was wonderfully quiet in such a cool location. Staff are really sweet and friendly. I like the energy-saving principle of the timed powerpoints, but there was only one in my room and I had to choose between charging my camera and putting the heater on. After 90 minutes the timer turned off and things got very cold very quickly. Still, the room was a bargain. With money saved I bought a hot water bottle. In summer it would be awesome.

A lot of friendly long-term stayers at this hostel. The staff was helpful in answering questions, giving suggestions and being accommodating with luggage storage. No late night noise, great for sleeping! Plugs are on a 90 minute timer, so it got a little chilly sleeping at night after the heater turned off. Bathrooms could be cleaned more often. The hostel is located outside of the city center, however it's a quick bus ride downtown. Overall, a good stay.

A nice hostel in a nice area if a little outside the main area. The local area is really good though with the mount eden close by as well as good shops/cafes. Not bad value for money.

1 2 Next » last »