Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in!! Staff are all awesome, super friendly, helpful and informative. The location is perfect for transport both to the airport and into the CBD, with the local village shops less than 200 metres away! Kitchen facilities are great with lots of pots and pans and utensils and gas stoves (always better than electric ones). Bathrooms are always very clean and showers are good too. This place feels like a home away from home. Thanks Oaklands! :-)

The staff were very friendly and ready to help. I stayed in therror 10 bed dorm and I was anxious about his but it was spacious and had homely feel to it. It is a quiet hostel if you need a good night's sleep. I look forward to returning when I visit auckland again.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay like most people. The 10 bed dorm is nice and spacious as you have mentioned. Hopefully you go the chance to go for a 20 minute walk to the top of Mt Eden volcano in front of us while you were here (amazing views). If not then we look forward to seeing you soon.

nice clean hostel good location in the heart of mt eden. jonny the manager was very helpful and only too happy to help day or night i would stay again

Great you had a great time here. All our staff are very welcoming and will give you information about the local area with cafes, bakery, butchers, fruit & veg shop, etc. With the bus stop 100m away, it is perfect access to get into town or even the bus to/from the airport.

Great stay ! Relly nice and calm hostel, really close to Mount Eden : one of the best view of all Auckland. Very frendly staff always ready to answer any questions and try to do everything to make our stay perfect. Big and full equiped kitchen open 24h/day. Definitly recommend !

Really pleased you enjoyed your stay here at our lovely quiet hostel. The perfect place to relax after a long flight with Mt Eden only a 20 minute walk to the summit.

The hostel was that good that I extended my stay! Jonny and Mel, the managers, are great, full of local knowledge and always up for a chat. Decent crowd of people staying, sociable, yet quiet at the right times of night. The hostel's in a great location for Mt Eden village, the volcano itself and Eden Park and not too far from the city. The place is kept real clean and the kitchen is well-equipped. The oven was a little temperamental, but it didn't detract from an all-round brilliant stay!

Amazing location in the heart of mt eden with only a 1 minute walk to the bus stop.Cafes bars and local dairy's for all the small knick knacks you will need while back packing.A 15 minute walk to countdown for more of the bigger items. A well set up kitchen with plenty of space and equipment multiple bathrooms and showers on each floor and a spacious t.v room to relax in. All this and amazing managers with great advice of where to go and what to do in auckland. 10 out of 10

Really clean, nice relaxed atmosphere. Staff are very friendly. Located just 10-15 minutes from city centre by bus. Would recommend.

Lovely location, good communal area, kitchen and bedrooms. The bathroom seemed to constantly be covered in hair and '500mb' Internet lasted 5 minutes (defiantly not 500mb)!

Thank you for your comments, we really value them all. We try and keep the bathrooms as clean as possible and it is a shame someone left their shaving hair around the sink without cleaning up after themselves. Computer updates should always be turned off prior to connection any wifi connection otherwise it will take a lot of data. If you had come and told us we would not have a problem sorting it out for you and giving you more for wifi for free.

Decent place. Friendly staff good for this being my first couple days in New Zealand. Would stay here again

My stay here was a highlight of my time in Auckland! Jonny the manager was incredibly helpful and always offered ideas of where to go. Hostel was very clean with lots of open space to hang out. Also literally beside Mount Eden which had spectacular views. You would be missing out if you didn't stay here.

I had a wonderful stay. The staff excelled and were so helpful it added to my pleasure. Everything was absolutely spot on.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom were both clean. 200MB only free wifi and paying per 100/200/400MB/1GB after seems unnecessary. Was a little worried about leaving my bag in the hallway after I checked out. Would be nice if there were lockers or a small storage area.

We are pleased that we made your stay a pleasurable one by keeping our cleaning standards high and making you feel welcome. The wifi is an area we are currently working on to give all guests value for money as we know it is important for yourself and others.

1 2 Next » last »