Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Super nic, clean kitchen, cosy living room, lovely neighborhood and friendly people!

• 9th Dec 2015

Well kept hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. Decent kitchen and nice rooms. The only issues were with the wifi and limited sockets in rooms for charging.

Very very friendly staff, a nice location from CBD, easy to go to the airport, and clean condition! I've stayed here for 5 days in a single room and I highly recommend to stay here :) If I have a chance to visit Auckland again, I would stay here again. Thanks for 5 days!

This could not have been a better start to New Zealand. I had a million questions, regarding buying a phone, buying a car, advice on documents needed and re!event processes, and numerous other things, and Jonny and Miriam had endless patience, lots of specific advice and info, and were always friendly. Thank you for making me feel welcome. The hostel itself is clean and well managed, in a quiet and pleasant area and only a short bus ride downtown. Definitely a place I recommend.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Clean, friendly and great location

Loved my stay at oaklands lodge ! Miriam was very sweet and helpful when I check in . Additional staff was also very nice! Internet worked great and the kitchen was a great size! Only thing I would have appreciated more Of was security. But that wasn't the lodges fault though, my dorm mates just kept the door open a lot. Overall great hostel! Oh! And they also did a follow up email, very impressive !

Excellent location and super friendly staff. Loved it!

• 16th Nov 2015

This hostel was overall amazing! The staff were friendly and the room was great! I would definitely stay there again!!! Thank you Oaklands lodge!!

Very welcoming atmosphere and nice hosts. A really nice hostel that I highly recommend!

• 29th Oct 2015

Such an awesome hostel, compared to the many dives closer to town.Very easy to hop on the bus into the centre of Auckland, and Mt. Eden is spectacular. When you're there be sure to check the nearby fish and chips which is awesome, and some great coffee nearby too. The staff are really great there, and I have to give a big thank you to Johnny the manager, who really helped me when I lost my wallet (duh) in the city centre. Such a gent, so thanks mate. If you're in Auckland, stay here. Ruaridh

• 27th Oct 2015

enjoyed my stay except for the fact with only 7kg allowance for baggage I had no room for utensils, and plates plus food. A bit disappointed I could not find a single plate or cup. Ended up not having anything to eat there

• 24th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

There is ample space for everyone's food. We also supply a fully equipped kitchen with utensils, plates, cups, etc; so these can be used instead of bringing your own, which we have excess of. It is a shame that you did not ask us where to find everything as we are extremely helpful to all our guests to make their stay as enjoyable as possible.

I really enjoyed my few day stay at this hostel. It was clean and tidy. The staff were lovely and answered all my prior stay emails. I would be happy to stay here again.

Excellent place in a great location with friendly staff. Would absolutely stay again.

When I first arrived there, the manager(s) were very friendly and personable, but the cleaners were very rude & loud (not letting me use the bathroom after they cleaned it, etc). After spending a week there, I paid for another week, but apparently that didn't sit well with the workers, because they all took on an attitude as if I were a cramp to their style and the managers came to me and critiqued me about how they didn't think I was going out enough to their liking -- despite the fact I was.

• 8th Oct 2015

The staff here are extremely helpful and polite, so I am sorry if you felt singled out, which we are not sure how or why. We really helped to try and settle you into the hostel life as you told us it was the first time you have ever left home. Our cleaners close bathrooms and the kitchen during the morning for cleaning and with signs on the doors to stop people going in during this time. It is a shame you did not like it at Oaklands Lodge. We hope your stay in NZ improves for you.

Cozy hostel, and very nice staff, great help to get you started up in NZ with your stay (IRD, bank, car etc.). Hostel is very clean and well organised! Tv room/lounge with a lots of movies on harddrive. Good and tidy kitchen. Free wifi! Would def go back here when I will stay in Auckland again! Loved it!

• 7th Oct 2015

Very friendly and welcoming hostel. Jonny was very helpful and genuinely seems to care about the hostel and the guests. We had to book one night twin and one night double room due to their availability. A double became available for our 2nd night and Jonny immediately sorted it for us meaning we didn't have to change rooms. Thanks Jonny! This place is a good alternative for those who prefer a more personal and quieter stay. Small note: Walls are thin so noise travels a bit between rooms.

After a week, I didn't want to leave! The hostel has a great friendly, relaxed atmosphere which is felt as soon as you enter with welcoming hosts Jonny, Miriam and cleaning staff. Local shops,food,bars are a short walk away, here a bus can take you into the city for $2.50. A 10/15 min climb will take you to the top of Mt. Eden where scenic views can be seen of the city. I was impressed by the facilities and cleanliness which are kept to a high standard. Will be returning in the future! I

• 20th Sep 2015

Johnny the manager does a great job of taking care of people and really keeps the place running beautifully. Other staff also very responsive and helpful. Can't do better.

Brilliant place to stay. Jonny and Miriam are very polite and helpful. Place is spotless , very close to the city and local shops . couldn't recomend it enough

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Tidy and neat. I've never seen such a cleanliness in a hostel.

• 27th Aug 2015