Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Great place with great people!!! Best hostel I've been to by far.

• 4th Dec 2013

The place is actually a lot older than the pictures showed on the web site, luckily it is reasonably clean and neat, so it is still quite acceptable. The only complaint I have is the wall is paper thin, whenever someone talks in the hall way or rooms near you, it is so loud that it sounds like it is next to your ear. Oh and also the free internet is only for 200MB and only 1 device at a time. So for someone like me who has a phone, an ipad and laptop is a bit of a hassle to log on and off.

Hi, I am glad that you found our place really clean as we strive to make sure our facilities are to a very high standard. The pictures are very recent and taken by the managers earlier this year. The 200mb of data, which is free on arrival, is brilliant. Some hostel don't give any free WiFi, so we are actually very generous. May people come into the hostel with many devices and are very happy with our WiFi setup with additional vouchers available at large discounted rates.

Oaklands Lodge is our favourite. A quiet street. The staff are so friendly, helpful and patient and helped us plan the rest of our holiday, finding and booking further accommodation for our trip. We love Mt Eden Village - so vibrant and Interasting and so easy to get to and from Auckland and the Airport. Maureen & Ian.

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice hostel, very clean, good atmosphere, one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Thank you for your kind comments! We hope that you can come back before you finish your traveling.

Nice clean place in a friendly area. The mattresses in our room were a little like trampolines and thus quite uncomfortable.

I am glad you like our hostel. The bed is extremely high quality and offer guests with a comfortable soft mattress. We are sorry if it was not to your liking and have checked the bed and it was in very good condition. We hope you enjoy you travels throughout New Zealand!

I had a nice stay there. Perfect for visiting Mt Eden.

Great location - close to Airport bus, convenient for city, yet quiet and relaxed. Very helpful staff, and good facilities.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay! We try our best to make sure all guests are happy during their stay and clearly the hard work pays off. :-) Thank you for your comment.

good stay, close to mt eden. just 10min with bus downtown. good staff, very friendly.

We were only meant to stay here 4 nights and so far we've been back 4 times and stayed for around a month.. Awesome place, friendly and helpful managers. Feels like home! Made some great friends here and I'd recommend this hostel to everyone and anyone.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 18-24

only stayed 2 nights ... was greeted by very d=friendly receptionist .. english guy... easy booking in / paying etc.. single room... just what i needed... quiet outside... guests seemed nice but i didnt stay in lodge too long as was busy

• 7th Nov 2013

Friendly and funny staff, quiet location, clean bathrooms (which is important), supermarket within waking distance. Quiz night was heaps of fun!

Oaklands was the first hostel I checked into upon arrival in NZ . Johnny was the receptionist on duty that day and was very friendly. The hostel itself is in a great location within easy walking distance of Mt Eden. The local town has everything you'll need! My only gripe was that the cancellation conditions are not made clear. I cancelled my 3rd night with 1 days notice, but was not refunded. Instead I was given a "free night card" with an expiry date. Wasn't too happy with that.

Only a single night, so I didn't really get to experience the place or socialize. But from what I've seen it's a very good place, close to a bunch of stores and restaurants in a quiet neighbor. The bus is very close too, so it's a big plus. I would definitely stay there again if I pass by Auckland again.

Nice and peaceful place. The blackheared receptionist (girl) was superfriendly and always helpfull. Trainstation is near, so it's easy to travel to city center.

1 2 3 Next » last »