Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

I loved the hostel. The staff is really friendly, ready to help you. The wifi actually works and the rooms are very cosy. Thank you very much Oaklands Load team.

• 24th Aug 2015

We are so pleased that we have made your stay here a memorable one. We are always here to make sure everyone feels comfortable and at home. With us being in a Mt Eden village, it really helps to give that "home" feeling to all our guests with cafes, butchers, bakery, quirky shops and best of all the volcano in front of us. We hope to see you again soon!

Clean accommodation in quiet Mt. Eden. However, there were many long-term residents here when I arrived-very loud and cliquey. All lockers in the dorm room were taken by the long term residents (some were using 3-4 lockers) and refused to move items. Decent place with friendly manager and good lounge but I would recommend getting a private room if you come here.

We do have some people that work during the winter months, due to it being the low season. We would always suggest to new travellers to get out of their comfort zone and approach/talk to your room mates, which is a great way to meet and get to know people. There is one locker for every guest and I have spoken to one of the guests in the room you were in to only use one locker, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope you enjoy the rest of travelling around NZ.

Very clean and tidy. Quiet and in great location. Good value for money.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Oaklands Lodge is located in a leafy, vibrant, suburb with a combination of culture and nature. Close by you can walk to the top of Mount Eden’s volcanic cone for some of the best views in Auckland! Afterwards, take a short and cheap $2.50 one-way bus trip will take you within the heart of the CBD. Cafes, restaurants, fruit shop and bus stop is literally within a 100m. Perfect! The hostel has a great social atmosphere. Showers & toilets are abundant, kitchen is large, and the staff are wondrous!

You have described us perfectly! Thank you for sharing your views for all future travellers who will be staying with us. And thank you for taking the time to review us in such depth.

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in!! Staff are all awesome, super friendly, helpful and informative. The location is perfect for transport both to the airport and into the CBD, with the local village shops less than 200 metres away! Kitchen facilities are great with lots of pots and pans and utensils and gas stoves (always better than electric ones). Bathrooms are always very clean and showers are good too. This place feels like a home away from home. Thanks Oaklands! :-)

The staff were very friendly and ready to help. I stayed in therror 10 bed dorm and I was anxious about his but it was spacious and had homely feel to it. It is a quiet hostel if you need a good night's sleep. I look forward to returning when I visit auckland again.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay like most people. The 10 bed dorm is nice and spacious as you have mentioned. Hopefully you go the chance to go for a 20 minute walk to the top of Mt Eden volcano in front of us while you were here (amazing views). If not then we look forward to seeing you soon.

nice clean hostel good location in the heart of mt eden. jonny the manager was very helpful and only too happy to help day or night i would stay again

Great you had a great time here. All our staff are very welcoming and will give you information about the local area with cafes, bakery, butchers, fruit & veg shop, etc. With the bus stop 100m away, it is perfect access to get into town or even the bus to/from the airport.

Great stay ! Relly nice and calm hostel, really close to Mount Eden : one of the best view of all Auckland. Very frendly staff always ready to answer any questions and try to do everything to make our stay perfect. Big and full equiped kitchen open 24h/day. Definitly recommend !

Really pleased you enjoyed your stay here at our lovely quiet hostel. The perfect place to relax after a long flight with Mt Eden only a 20 minute walk to the summit.

The hostel was that good that I extended my stay! Jonny and Mel, the managers, are great, full of local knowledge and always up for a chat. Decent crowd of people staying, sociable, yet quiet at the right times of night. The hostel's in a great location for Mt Eden village, the volcano itself and Eden Park and not too far from the city. The place is kept real clean and the kitchen is well-equipped. The oven was a little temperamental, but it didn't detract from an all-round brilliant stay!

Amazing location in the heart of mt eden with only a 1 minute walk to the bus stop.Cafes bars and local dairy's for all the small knick knacks you will need while back packing.A 15 minute walk to countdown for more of the bigger items. A well set up kitchen with plenty of space and equipment multiple bathrooms and showers on each floor and a spacious t.v room to relax in. All this and amazing managers with great advice of where to go and what to do in auckland. 10 out of 10

Really clean, nice relaxed atmosphere. Staff are very friendly. Located just 10-15 minutes from city centre by bus. Would recommend.

Lovely location, good communal area, kitchen and bedrooms. The bathroom seemed to constantly be covered in hair and '500mb' Internet lasted 5 minutes (defiantly not 500mb)!

Thank you for your comments, we really value them all. We try and keep the bathrooms as clean as possible and it is a shame someone left their shaving hair around the sink without cleaning up after themselves. Computer updates should always be turned off prior to connection any wifi connection otherwise it will take a lot of data. If you had come and told us we would not have a problem sorting it out for you and giving you more for wifi for free.

Decent place. Friendly staff good for this being my first couple days in New Zealand. Would stay here again

My stay here was a highlight of my time in Auckland! Jonny the manager was incredibly helpful and always offered ideas of where to go. Hostel was very clean with lots of open space to hang out. Also literally beside Mount Eden which had spectacular views. You would be missing out if you didn't stay here.

I had a wonderful stay. The staff excelled and were so helpful it added to my pleasure. Everything was absolutely spot on.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom were both clean. 200MB only free wifi and paying per 100/200/400MB/1GB after seems unnecessary. Was a little worried about leaving my bag in the hallway after I checked out. Would be nice if there were lockers or a small storage area.

We are pleased that we made your stay a pleasurable one by keeping our cleaning standards high and making you feel welcome. The wifi is an area we are currently working on to give all guests value for money as we know it is important for yourself and others.

给我的感觉很好!

Nice and cosy little place. Really has a home feel to it (it is actually in a house). A little out of town (30min walking or 10min by bus) but enough shops right atthe corner to survive. Great atmosphere thanks to great common area (though the dining area could be a little updated). WiFi is slow. Overall very chilled and peacefull. Would probably stay again on a next trip.

Thank you for your comment, it is highly valued. With great choice of shops in Mt Eden and the bus stop being 100m away (buses every 5 minutes into the city) it is a great location as you have mentioned. We are pleased that you stayed with us for the chilled and peaceful atmosphere meeting like minded people. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Comfortable, clean, lovely reception guy, very pleasant area - a good place for my last night in NZ!

Making your last night in NZ a memorable one is a great feeling for our staff that work here. We are pleased you stayed with us and hope you managed to walk up Mt Eden volcano for the final time to take the spectacular views of Auckland.

I loved staying here. Thanks for being such amazing hosts and working hard to create a clean, friendly open space. I'll definitely stay again when I'm next in town.

• 17th Apr 2015

We look forward to you coming back to our lovely clean and friendly hostel. We always embrace people to come and have a great experience staying in a quiet location near to shops and cafes, while being able to feel like you are at home. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.