Oaklands Lodge Reviews

5A Oaklands Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

I stayed here my first two nights in Auckland and I'm so glad I did! The staff is extremely friendly and all the facilities were very clean. I'm staying there again my last two nights in New Zealand because I liked it so much! I always felt safe and comfortable.

• 4th Feb 2016

A really great little hostel. It's really clean, quiet and conveniently located. It's a minute walk from a bus stop and a great little street full of shops. In particular, the kitchen was great. Really clean, well-stocked, and tons of counter space. Only downside-no free, unlimited wifi. You do get a 200MB access card, but I used that up really quickly. You have to pay for more access. All in all, a great place to stay, would definitely return.

amazingly helpful staff

• 30th Jan 2016

Great way to meet other like minded travellers and I also encountered a few locals living/working in the hostel which was great for local info. It is clear this is not a party hostel but a break from the city rush which is just what I needed. Staff were helpful as were the many notice boards :)

Nice hostel. Big clean kitchen with lots of space to cook n store your food Limited free wifi and connection was not great Bathrooms kept clean Big lounge area with huge variety of films/ TVs programmes A 20min bus to cod but bus stop just over road Closest supermarket a 20 min walk!

Nice hostel, close to mt eden only quite far from city center if you need to be there. But busses are there to take you

I stayed a week and could have stayed longer. Amazing hostel. One of the best I've been in. Kitchen is amazing, lounge just like home. Genuinely lovely and well situated in the nicest village.

Very nice hostel with a great kitchen (you really can find everything you need and a big free - food corner), small but nice and tidy bathrooms and very kind and helpful staff! We recommend ;)

Oaklands Lodge had a very relaxing vibe and a cheerful, mellow clientele. The three-bed room that I stayed in was spectacular: tons of space, a huge window for sunlight and fresh air, and two awesome fellow travellers. The manager, Jonny, was very helpful in recommending walks and nearby cafés. I would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Jan 2016

Het is buiten het centrum, maar 20 minuten met de bus en je bent er! Locatie is top. Schattig straatje, aardig personeel en zelf op de 10 persoons kamet voelt het niet aan alsof je met zoveel mensen bent. Ik zou het zeker aanraden

Bij een aankomst een warm welkom. We voelde ons meteen thuis. De kamers waren netjes en stevige stapelbedden. De douches waren alleen wat laag. Er was een grote keuken, waar genoeg spullen waren om lekker te koken, incl. oven.

Quiet, clean hostel with nice double-bed room, friendly staff, well equipped kitchen and a little garden we enjoyed afternoons and meals in.

Our stay at oaklands couldn't have gone better. It was our first stop on the start of our gap year and we received a lovely welcome at this hostel. The staff were very friendly and incredibly helpful when it came to organising the finer points involved in setting up for a working holiday. The location was excellent, a very calm and relaxing environment just outside the city centre. I would definitely stay there again

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Was a great very clean hostel just outside the big city. Very easy to find and lots of day things to do around. Staff are super friendly and very helpful. You'll even get to know some of the local very friendly cats who live next door who are just looking for a few scratches! Spent 5 days there and couldn't have asked for a better hostel!

An sich eher ein ruhigeres Hostel. Ich war zwar nur ein paar Tage dort allerdings trifft man nicht immer auf Menschen. Bis auf meine zimmergenossen.

It was s really great hostel and Jonny was extremely helpful!!

I enjoyed my stay at Oaklands Lodge. It was very clean, spacious and well maintained. The dorm was not too crowded and was airy. The manager Johnny was very helpful and always polite even if he was busy, he still found time to answer questions. The kitchen was very well stocked and there was plenty of storage space. Good mix of occupants from all different countries and of all ages. Will definitely stay again when i return to Auckland providing it is not full! would recommend to others.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Wales

Really enjoyed my time at the Oaklands Lodge and can't wait to be back! Really cool environment and atmosphere, helpful staff, good location. Would recommend 5/5.

• 1st Jan 2016

Very help staff. Close to shops. Extra social activities. Good facility. Not for party animals.

Great hostel in a calm little side street just outside the city center. Recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4