Oasis Backpackers Hostel Granada

Fabulous 4385 Total Reviews
Fabulous 4385 Total Reviews

10th Aug 2017

This hostel is everything! Granada has a very mystical and special vibe and this hostel sure made me feel it as soon as I walked in. Their facilities are always open to everyone except after midnight keeping in mind it is located in a residential area. It has activities everyday that help you socialize and explore the city. Their breakfast is amazing too! I will definitely be staying at one of their hostels when I travel again.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Oasis was a social hostel with a fantastic atmosphere where it was easy to make friends. Hands down the best breakfast I have had on my trip and the paella was amazing too! Location was very central, though I do recommend having a look on the map before arriving because you do need to walk up a few stairs from the road before arriving at the hostel. My only slight negative was that during the August heat, the fan was not really enough to keep me cool in the night. Request a room with aircon!!

Thank you for this super rate and comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the delicious food we offer ;). It's true it gets hot in the summer but most of our rooms have A/C. Next time don't hesitate in coming down to the reception and request to be changed to a room with A/C. We will try our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again. The Oasis backpackers team.

8.0

Nice building, great friendly staff, and located in a quiet corner of a bustling cultural hub in Granada city. It's just your luck if you choose a shared dorm! I got 4 noisy Americans - serial doorbangers and loud voices while people were trying to sleep. The big rotating wall fans would be better replaced by proper air-con equipment...as these fans are noisy things, it's like trying to sleep to the background sounds of Terminator 2: Judgement day. Apart from that, not a bad place to kip :)

Thank you for staying with us and rating our hostel. We are sorry about the noise situation. There are some things that are out of our control like how other guests behave but, next time don't hesitate to come down to reception and inform us about it and we will for sure talk to the people causing the noises to make sure they respect not only your sleep but everybody else's. Also, if you were feeling annoyed by the fans we could have also help with the situatiion to make sure you felt like in a Chaplin movie (Silent) instead. Our main goal is that our guests feel like home and we are always willing to help. We hope to see you soon again. The Oasis backpackers team.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30

Best Palleas

2nd Aug 2017

Nice staff. Great location. Nice activities. Great atmosphere. Only complaint was the shower in the room was super small and I'm a small girl. And I thought the air con just didn't work well but none of us knew how to set it until the last night and I was there for 4 nights. Wish the staff were more helpful to explain that after all of us kept asking if it were on and telling them it didn't feel like it was. But in the end I would stay again.

Greetings from Oasis. Thank you for this rate and comment, we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us ans all the activities we offer. We are sorry about the A/C situation, In fact it is controlled by the reception so that is why we have papers in the room saying to come down to reception if you wanted it to be turned on or fix the temperature. That's why you couldn't set it yourself. Next time please don't hesitate to come down to the front desk and we will help you with any matter, It is our goal to make everybody as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again soon. The Oasis team.

2nd Aug 2017

If I could give the hostel an 11, I would. Welcoming and helpful staff, cool activities planned & fantastic atmosphere for meeting other travelers. The rooms were kept at a cool temperature & although the breakfast was a tad expensive in my opinion, the made-to-order eggs were worth it. Loved the location near the market streets, the cathedral, and the Alhambra. The hostel was clean, and I would 100% book an Oasis hostel in another city because of my experience here. Highly recommend!!

If we could give our guests rates you would get a 100 for sure! Thank you so much for this perfect rate. Guests like you make our job super easy. We do hope to see you in our other hostels soon;). Your Oasis backpackers team.

31st Jul 2017

Great hostel with a great atmosphere! My first oasis and it was amazing. I met so many cool people from all over the world during my stay. The tours and activities provided were good ways to meeting new people as well.

• aenriquez12
  • USA, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2017
6.9

PROS: great location A lot of activities (street art walking tour is a must) CONS: some rooms have ACs others don't so it's a hit or miss. Mine unfortunately didn't so I practically sweated all night of how hot it was. My toilet was clogged for about 2 days, I asked the receptionist if they could fix it but when I got back it was still clogged so I had to ask a second time until they fixed it. You have to pay for almost every activity. Including the pub crawl.

Hey there, Thank you for rating our hostel. We are sorry about the toilet situation. When you let the receptionists know about what was happening they did go upstairs and try to fix it but unfortunately couldn't, so they had to call the maintenance guy who couldn't come until the next day (Since it was on a sunday night) . Luckily, we have common toilets in case of an emergency like this. We try our best so everything works perfectly all the time but, sometimes things are out of our hands. We are sorry about the inconveniences this may have caused you. The Oasis backpackers team.

• rcheunggg711
  • Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2017
6.9

The air conditioning system is kinda stupid. I'm staying in third floor and every time the ac stop working I've to go down and check with reception. They are helpful buy uh they have this one-and-only-remote-wifi-control-ac software which not work very often. Although they have the guy come up and check but it's too inconvenient it took ard 15min each time(for it's like 39 degrees outside and you just a cooler place to rest)

Hey there...Thank you for staying with us and rating our hostel. Sorry about the A/C situation. Like you noticed, it's controlled by wifi and on that particular afternoon it was giving us problems. As much as we try to keep everything working perfectly all the time, sometimes it's out of our hands. It's not about the problem but the willing to help and fix things quickly so we are happy that our staff was so responsive and were able to help with the situation. Regards. The Oasis backpackers team.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Jul 2017
8.0

nice roof top and decent breakfast with fresh eggs made however you want them.