Oasis Backpackers Hostel Granada Reviews

Placeta correo viejo, 3, Granada, Spain

Great hostel! Everything was always clean, the staff was helpful & friendly, there was always something going on, and everyone I met there was really nice. Loved the street art walking tour offered by the hostel. It was also in a great location with lots nearby even though it was a little tricky to find at first. I would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was that the top bunk was small and I was scared that I would fall off!

Facilities could have been mopped better; for instance the staff only mopped the bathrooms and not the rest of the floor where athletes foot may lurk. Tours were great! Hostel handled annoying german couple that liked to talk at full volume at 2AM in my room. Hostel staff kept trying to pick up a girl I was seeing; literally taking my seat when I went to the bathroom. Hostel sharks, gross. Overall, not a bad place. Doesn't quite feel excellent though and I can't pin down why.

My room was missing power outlets for cellphones and reading lights by the bed side.

Oasis had a great atmosphere and lots of opportunities to meet people. It was clean and I was a fan of the terrace on the roof. We did the hot springs trip that the hostel offered and it was so fun. Unfortunately, my blanket went missing on the first night I was there and the staff could only give me a tiny, dirty, fleece blanket because the hostel was booked and they don't have extra blankets... Strange. But other than that, fun place.

Awesome hostel. Great atmosphere. Loved the terrace up stairs, great place to meet other travelers. Would go back again 100%

Hostel is tricky to find and taxis can't drive on all streets so they drop you a couple blocks away but staff are friendly and wifi was fine. Little cold for some people but perfect for me. Beautiful beds and lay out. Not the best for solo travellers if you don't go to breakfast or dinner or do the walking tour. Did the walkin tour of the street art and caves. Highly recommend!!!

The hostel itself is just ok - nothing amazing. What really makes this hostel memorable for me is its location (right in the historic center, very near to the Mirador San Nicolás, Elvira street, etc) and the staff. My room of 6 was comfortable enough, though kind of dark. Bathroom was clean.

Hostel was a great place to meet people, had a good stay. However, staff seemed very laissez-faire about showing people different things to see or helping them find different things to do on the map, almost to the point of being unhelpful/careless. Other than that they were generally kind, and Max did great walking tours. One thing that would be great to have would be little reading lamps, or something for each bed.

Amazing stay at the Oasis Granada. Lots of group activities makes for a lively atmosphere. Staff was helpful, especially Max in organizing tapas tours and other events. Location is very convenient. Highly recommend!

Great hostel. Friendly and informative staff. Always available to answer your questions. Atmosphere is always buzzing. Kitchen common Tom and tooftop are always busy. Very clean. You can see and hear people cleaning throughout the day. Location is good for the Alhambra and amazing tapas places. The excursions and walking tours offered by hostel are great. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience of staying at the oasis and would recommend to anyone.

Staff was super nice and helpful! Would definitely recommend!

• 20th Feb 2015

We had a wonderful time at Oasis! It was my 1st stay in a hostel

Comfy hostel that hosts great events to meet other travelers. The staff was very helpful and easy to talk to. The common area was a great place to meet other travelers and had a great atmosphere. The rooms are a little dark and only have one bathroom and shower to 8 people but it was fine since everyone had different plans. Definitely would stay here again!

Very cool location. Excellent staff! Only downside is the bathrooms were gross. Showers smelled weird and not cleaned thoroughly.

• 5th Feb 2015

Granada is a great city, and this is a great hostel. Clean and well organized (breakfast, walking tours, excursions, laundry service). Even tho the hostel has both a bar, a central common area and a terrace, the kitchen is the heart of the structure, it is big and well equipped and I think this is the best thing an hostel can have. Sharing food and stories has no price and in Oasis this will come naturally. It just feels like home.

Only stayed 1 night as large booking prevented us from booking further nights. Was a busy weekend which made it a little noisy but that was to be expected. Great cheap dinner on offer, substantial cheap breakfast too. Super friendly reception staff. Nice warm rooms in winter however dorms rooms are quite cramped & only 1 shower/toilet (in same room) between 6 which was difficult at peak times. Otherwise, fantastic location & coat hostel.

the location is really good, you walk the whole city from there. I have seen hostels that are better in terms of cleanliness, but still the hostel fits the atmosphere of Granada perfectly :)

Thanks for your comments, they help us to improve every day. We would make an extra effort to have a cleaner hostel. Thanks for staying with us Greetings from Granada

Great location! Right in the heart of it all. Only complaint was that breakfast wasn't included.

Thanks for your comments and for staying with us. We decided to sell the breakfast because it allow us to offer a better quality breakfast, better than the standard free self service. That´s why you can now choose from fresh fruits, juice or made to order scrambled eggs. We also provide you with free coffee, tea, wifi, sheets, city map, 2x1 bar drinks and walking tours.

A decent hostel and most younger people will most likely like this place. Having come from the Oasis in Seville it was however nowhere near the same calibre. People are generally friendly though, and facilities are adequate

Thanks for your comments and your stay with us. We are sorry we can´t be compared with our sister Oasis hostel in Sevilla but are also happy that you liked there. We will send our staff to Sevilla to improve their hospitality skills. Greetings from Granada

Everything was great, but the floors were a little sticky and the showers weren't as clean as they could be, but definitely not anything gross. Staff is super nice!

• 23rd Jan 2015