Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Malaga Reviews

Calle San Telmo 14, Malaga, Spain

Great hostel overall. Setup so that you can meet people and socialize, but still some privacy if you like that more. Eclectic group of travelers while I was there. Great activities if you'd like to do something with a group, in a very easy place to get to and from if you want to explore on your own. Andrea's pub crawls were awesome. A lot of fun. Would recommend to anyone looking to have a good time in Malaga.

The layout of the hostel was very open (the windows of our room opened onto a staircase which led straight down to the outdoor common room/hangout/dining area.) This meant it was pretty loud all night long. The beds also creaked whenever you moved the slightest bit which meant whenever one of your roommates came in, rolled over, or went to the bathroom they would wake up all their roommates. The rooftop bar and 10 euro tapas tour and 3 euro breakfast were really nice though!

This was not the best hostel experience we've ever had. The A/C was broken as was the bathroom light, which meant we had to leave the window open to very loud streets. We finally found quiet at around 4:30am. The staff was great and let us store us stuff for the day but the pub crawl was underwhelming. The rooftop bar is open to the public which meant many strangers were constantly walking through the hostel without any security and with a room on the first floor, this was a bit scary and noisy.

Very nice and clean hostel with big rooms. Only minus was some the staff, that wasn't really friendly and made me feel rather like a burden than a guest. But other than that it was quite enjoyable stay!

Great hostel, perfect location, 10 Min walk to beach, great staff

Hostel was located in a great spot near a lot of restaurants and shopping areas. The beach was like a 20-25 minute walk away. The hostel itself was nice. The other guests were pretty noisy at night, no respect for us sleeping at 2am, but I guess that's part of staying at a hostel. There was only one staff present for my stay, he was very friendly and helped me find some good spots to eat and explained how to get to the airport. Overall, I'd stay here again, it was a good time.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • darrenbachan

Oasis Backpackers is a place perfect for people like myself - students who need an affordable to stay at and curious about the city. The hostel offers services like walking tours, tapa tours, bike tours, and a pub crawl as well. The people that were staying at the hostel were very friendly as were the staff. They have computers to offer if needed and a lounge with couches and a TV which felt really home-like. Like everyone else has mentioned, partying is popular among this building.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I really liked my stay in this hostel! It has very nice interior, excellent location, super friendly and helpful stuff! The bar on the roof is so cool! I had the tastiest sangria there! Luggage store is for free!So I'd reccomend this place to everyone! Next time I definitely gonna stay there!

• 26th May 2015
  • Ukraine

They advertise themselves as a party hostel, which we thought would be fun, but ended up ruining our stay. There is a club on the roof that they claim is there own but in fact its seperatly owned and you cant go up there unless you buy a drink. The club blasts music until around 4am so we couldnt sleep and we were drinking as well. Overall couldnt of had a more unpleasent time and had no sleep. Partying elsewear would be alot more fun in our opinions.

• 14th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel! Loved staying here! Pub crawl is really fun!l loved the staff! Extended our stay by 3 days due to them! Good price for a great hostel:)

Good hostel. Quiet at night. Close in to the shops and cafes. Very clean, well run operation.

Second time staying here. Good location, friendly staff, good wifi. Nice areas to socialize with other travelers.

It's quiet because it's in a backstreet of an old town with no through traffic, which is magical because you round the corner and the whole world is there. Loved the huge drawers under the bed that could fit all the luggage so it doesn't clutter the room, even though the rooms are very spacious. Plus, there's a wardrobe AND a fridge in each room, wow. Excellent wifi signal, too. Really really clean, for such a large hostel, props! The staff are really nice. Excellent hostel

The hostel was nice even if not so quiet. They have a lot of activities, joined the pub crawl that was a lot of fun, the walking tour with Andrea was also very good, probably the top 3 I've ever done! Good work :) I highly reccommend you to stay in Oasis Malaga!

Great place with charming rooftop and courtyards. It was very easy tonmake friends and made it worth my stay.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Morocco

we had several issues with our stay...upon arrival we were greeted with a negative attitude...also, a woman who was hanging out in the hostel lounge stole our key card and then lied to cover it up...this was quite concerning

Liked this hostel while we were there during Semana Santa. Great breakfast clean room with lots of windows we could open. Off on a side street but obviously loud during Semana Santa. Too many locals on the rooftop bar didn't feel I could really hang up there and enjoy it as a customer staying in the hostel. Otherwise good hostel, close to beach so you can walk

We had a fantastic stay, hostel had a great atmosphere, nice place to meet other travellers to hang out or to go party with. In general friendly staff, but we had to change rooms each 4 nights, which was quite annoying, due to a fully booked hostel and the staff did not seem to care much.

Location is good however a little hard to find and the street it is on is a little dirty and sometimes smells of urine. Security is very good on dorms, you need your keycard to access your floor and your room. Place was noisy, and there were lots of unknown people because upstairs they have a bar where the public is also invited. I slept on the top bunk bed, had to crouch if I want to sit up. Not enough ceiling space.

Great place to meet people. I was very happy with culture (laid back and friendly) and everything else was effortless. Good computers, free coffee and tea, nice sitting areas and the bathroom was clean and spacious.