Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Malaga Reviews

Calle San Telmo 14, Malaga, Spain

no can not get much sleep.

This hostel has bed bugs. Enough said. Este hostal tiene chinches. Basta decir esto.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

This place sucks. Our 10 person dorm room was absolutely filthy and infested with bed bugs. Don't ever stay here, feels hostel is close by and way better.

The Oasis Backpackers' Malaga has a great position, in the centre of the city. The staff is friendly and quite helpful. It has a good terrace on which socialization is easy. I recommend it.

Great to have airconditioning and our own (big) bathroom in the room. Great rooftop bar too.

This was the worst hostel I stayed at in Spain. This is just a bar full of drunk kids and a few beds.The reception staff, especially the blonde lady, was rude and it took her 1h 20m to check me in! The check-in times indicate 1.30 PM but the staff said it is 3 PM. As the bar is also open to non-guests of the hostel, they offer 20% off to those sleeping there, which I was told I couldn't use. Bring earplugs as it is impossible to sleep and your own padlock. Not ideal for the typical backpacker.

This hostel gave me BED BUGS. I was scheduled to stay oasis for two nights overs the Malaga festival, but my stay was cut short because of a dozen little brown bugs I had crawling around in my bed while I was asleep. I was woken by bugs crawling over myself and my bed. When I confronted the guy on reception about this, his response was 'uhhh I suppose you want to change rooms'. I have now got red bites all over my arms and back and trying to see if I have infected my own home.

At first the room looked good but closer looking my underneighbour had all bugs in bed and the bathroom was also filled with bugs. Airco on the room wasn't working properly everybody complained about the warmth and when asked if the staff good decrease temperature they just did not do it telling it was fine already. Going to Lisbon but defenitly not staying at oasis there

Excellent and spotless and about as centrally located as you can get.

Bed bugs are not acceptable. Breakfast was nice.

Our entire room of people left because of the bed bugs found everywhere in the hostel. I asked if this happens often, to which the worker replied "ya, we just give people their money back and send them on their way". Consider yourself warned about the disgusting and nonchalant attitude of the hostel toward its guests.

It is a great place to party. The animation staff (Laura, Seb, Clarence) are really fantastic and organize a ton of super fun events during the day and at night. HOWEVER, THERE ARE BED BUGS. The management of this hostel MUST address this problem. When I told the receptionist, she said "yea people told us there were bed bugs a week ago but cleaning staff didn't see anything". Are they blind?! Room 8 was absolutely INFESTED. Every single bed had them. The hostel must close and ELIMINATE BUGS

Fantastic hostel, we had the best week here! The atmosphere was second to none, with staff there who's main job is to make sure you have fun, you cant go wrong! Definitely a party hostel but still clean with good facilities and a great brekkie for 3 euro. Thanks guys for an amazing stay in Malaga!

Started as good. Few bumps during the stay that changed my decision. AC never worked in the room. Would ask reception got no help. My phone got stolen from my bed while I was sleeping which is not the hostels fault but was just creepy in general. And last the cream of the cream, BED BUGS on almost every single bed in my room. My brother was bit everywhere and you could see them crawling everywhere. Hostel refunded us last day but no help otherwise to get rid of them during our 5 night stay.

Oasis was our favorite hostel thus far. We are headed to Granada Oasis later on our trip because we had such a fantastic time with the staff in Malaga. Pubcrawl a are fun but are probably better on weekends. Walking tour was disapointing but was also free. Overall a fantastic stay at Oasis!

Too noisy during the night!!

I wasn't expecting too much from Malaga, just thought it'd be a bit of beach time but the guys at Oasis made it unreal. Katy in particular is awesome, she hung out with us every day, took us cliff jumping, kayaking, to some really beautiful beaches out of the city, on a boat party, and even made us food. The dinners and all-you-can-drink hour before the pub crawls are heaps of fun, they all make sure everyone knows eachother and you end up making great mates. Awesome party hostel, STAY HERE.

• 10th Jul 2014

Amazing hostel! Nice rooms. Best hostel dinner ever, well worth the 12 euro! Pub crawl was also amazing. Will definitely stay here again!

스태프도 친절하고 방도 깨끗하고 분위기 밝고 좋았어요 다만 위치가 좀애매해서 하루숙박은 비추천. 그리고 무료로 짐을맡아줍니다.

thanks to laura and her team i had amazing nights!

« first « Prev 1 2 3