Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Malaga Reviews

Calle San Telmo 14, Malaga, Spain

Absolutely loved this place! Did the pub crawl and the free walking tour. Highly recommended! The staff was great. I had checked out already but they gave me a key so I could use a locker in a bedroom to keep my laptop safe while I was doing the walking tour. These little details are the ones that make a difference!

though loved this city, this hostel was one of my worst. receptionists weren't kind at all. once had to wait for them to back reception for a half an hour. seriously, my friend's luggage was gone through by someone while going out. the bar is not only for who are in hostel, there were many local people, so couldn't make relationship between room mates. I'm afraid but I wouldn't be again.

Great location near the main shopping area. Very clean and has good AC.

Although being on a backstreet, main streets and plaza del Carmen are close by. Unfortunately the A-C in my dorm was broken so temperature wise it was hot. Atmosphere in Oasis is always good! Friendly staff!

Good, clean hostel with helpful staff. Alright breakfast for 3 euros. It's a party hostel, but it gets quiet in the room anyways. Would recommend.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Charming Spanish guy at the reception, pub crawl killed me twice but I think it could have killed me more times, UK girl doing it is cool and Greek very funny. Very nice people, hot people, changed my room 4 times in 4 days. Italians way too loud, sandwich place nearby is great, the guy gossiped with me in Spanish. Great pedicure, nice girls to practice your Chinese with. The rooftop is just not what you want. British guy stole my heart, the superexpensive shop was super cheap. banos del carmen

If you're looking for a prime location, close to clubs/restaurants/beach/architecture with great staff and travelers, Oasis truly is the Oasis you've been looking for. The only hostel in Malaga with a lounge bar on the roof, breakfast chef, and activities happening all day and night. I would highly recommend getting the 4 bed dorm, my friends that stayed in 8 bed did not have the best roommates. Large common room with free computer use, wonderfully helpful staff and modern security.

Very good hostel

Great place to meet other people. They had a lot of nice events: bar crawls, city tours, pool parties etc. Also a great breakfast for only 3 euro. A tad difficult to sleep when drunk people stumble in at 5 am.

A great, clean, well-run and maintained hostel smack dab in the heart of Malaga's historic center. The well-organized party scene sensibly takes place outside the hostel, not within, making for a quiet and restful night's sleep. Couldn't reccommend it more. Well done, Oasis!

Cool Hostel with nice Staff and nice Atmosphere. Just the Aircon Policy is strange: You cant control the AC yourself and sometimes they just dont turn it on. Gets very hot then :-(

I had a great time in this hostel! The rooms are big and clean and the ensuite bathrooms and air conditioning are a big plus. There are big drawers under the beds suitable for storing luggage. The communal area is a great place to hang out and play drinking games with all the bars and clubs being really nearby. I would definitely stay here again as it was a lot of fun. The only downside is that it really isn't as close to the beach as it makes out!

• 11th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my time here. A good location close to bars and restaurants. It's a 30 minute walk to the beach. Rooms were fairly clean. Saw two cockroaches in the bathroom. Staff were helpful for planning day trips. I wouldn't call this a party hostel. It was fun but nothing crazy. I also enjoyed the tapas tour - so much food.

I really enjoyed this hostel. The location is excellent and there are lots of things to do. The staff was kind and helpful. The downside was that due to the beds being assigned, I had to change beds (while remaining in the same room) halfway through my 4 day stay, which was really did not make any sense to me. It was also really loud at night. And the terrace "bar" was more used by locals, most of them who looked to be over 40, than hostel guests.

I enjoyed my stay; however it was unbearably hot and we had to fight with our air conditionner. The wifi only worked in the lobby. Overall the hostel is really nice, cute location although further from the beach than anyone will admit. Atmosphere is great common areas are a lot of fun.

Great hostel overall. Setup so that you can meet people and socialize, but still some privacy if you like that more. Eclectic group of travelers while I was there. Great activities if you'd like to do something with a group, in a very easy place to get to and from if you want to explore on your own. Andrea's pub crawls were awesome. A lot of fun. Would recommend to anyone looking to have a good time in Malaga.

The layout of the hostel was very open (the windows of our room opened onto a staircase which led straight down to the outdoor common room/hangout/dining area.) This meant it was pretty loud all night long. The beds also creaked whenever you moved the slightest bit which meant whenever one of your roommates came in, rolled over, or went to the bathroom they would wake up all their roommates. The rooftop bar and 10 euro tapas tour and 3 euro breakfast were really nice though!

This was not the best hostel experience we've ever had. The A/C was broken as was the bathroom light, which meant we had to leave the window open to very loud streets. We finally found quiet at around 4:30am. The staff was great and let us store us stuff for the day but the pub crawl was underwhelming. The rooftop bar is open to the public which meant many strangers were constantly walking through the hostel without any security and with a room on the first floor, this was a bit scary and noisy.

Very nice and clean hostel with big rooms. Only minus was some the staff, that wasn't really friendly and made me feel rather like a burden than a guest. But other than that it was quite enjoyable stay!

Great hostel, perfect location, 10 Min walk to beach, great staff