Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Malaga Reviews

Calle San Telmo 14, Malaga, Spain

Great place to meet other people. They had a lot of nice events: bar crawls, city tours, pool parties etc. Also a great breakfast for only 3 euro. A tad difficult to sleep when drunk people stumble in at 5 am.

A great, clean, well-run and maintained hostel smack dab in the heart of Malaga's historic center. The well-organized party scene sensibly takes place outside the hostel, not within, making for a quiet and restful night's sleep. Couldn't reccommend it more. Well done, Oasis!

I had a great time in this hostel! The rooms are big and clean and the ensuite bathrooms and air conditioning are a big plus. There are big drawers under the beds suitable for storing luggage. The communal area is a great place to hang out and play drinking games with all the bars and clubs being really nearby. I would definitely stay here again as it was a lot of fun. The only downside is that it really isn't as close to the beach as it makes out!

• 11th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my time here. A good location close to bars and restaurants. It's a 30 minute walk to the beach. Rooms were fairly clean. Saw two cockroaches in the bathroom. Staff were helpful for planning day trips. I wouldn't call this a party hostel. It was fun but nothing crazy. I also enjoyed the tapas tour - so much food.

I really enjoyed this hostel. The location is excellent and there are lots of things to do. The staff was kind and helpful. The downside was that due to the beds being assigned, I had to change beds (while remaining in the same room) halfway through my 4 day stay, which was really did not make any sense to me. It was also really loud at night. And the terrace "bar" was more used by locals, most of them who looked to be over 40, than hostel guests.

I enjoyed my stay; however it was unbearably hot and we had to fight with our air conditionner. The wifi only worked in the lobby. Overall the hostel is really nice, cute location although further from the beach than anyone will admit. Atmosphere is great common areas are a lot of fun.

Great hostel overall. Setup so that you can meet people and socialize, but still some privacy if you like that more. Eclectic group of travelers while I was there. Great activities if you'd like to do something with a group, in a very easy place to get to and from if you want to explore on your own. Andrea's pub crawls were awesome. A lot of fun. Would recommend to anyone looking to have a good time in Malaga.

The layout of the hostel was very open (the windows of our room opened onto a staircase which led straight down to the outdoor common room/hangout/dining area.) This meant it was pretty loud all night long. The beds also creaked whenever you moved the slightest bit which meant whenever one of your roommates came in, rolled over, or went to the bathroom they would wake up all their roommates. The rooftop bar and 10 euro tapas tour and 3 euro breakfast were really nice though!

This was not the best hostel experience we've ever had. The A/C was broken as was the bathroom light, which meant we had to leave the window open to very loud streets. We finally found quiet at around 4:30am. The staff was great and let us store us stuff for the day but the pub crawl was underwhelming. The rooftop bar is open to the public which meant many strangers were constantly walking through the hostel without any security and with a room on the first floor, this was a bit scary and noisy.

Very nice and clean hostel with big rooms. Only minus was some the staff, that wasn't really friendly and made me feel rather like a burden than a guest. But other than that it was quite enjoyable stay!

Great hostel, perfect location, 10 Min walk to beach, great staff

Hostel was located in a great spot near a lot of restaurants and shopping areas. The beach was like a 20-25 minute walk away. The hostel itself was nice. The other guests were pretty noisy at night, no respect for us sleeping at 2am, but I guess that's part of staying at a hostel. There was only one staff present for my stay, he was very friendly and helped me find some good spots to eat and explained how to get to the airport. Overall, I'd stay here again, it was a good time.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • darrenbachan

Oasis Backpackers is a place perfect for people like myself - students who need an affordable to stay at and curious about the city. The hostel offers services like walking tours, tapa tours, bike tours, and a pub crawl as well. The people that were staying at the hostel were very friendly as were the staff. They have computers to offer if needed and a lounge with couches and a TV which felt really home-like. Like everyone else has mentioned, partying is popular among this building.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I really liked my stay in this hostel! It has very nice interior, excellent location, super friendly and helpful stuff! The bar on the roof is so cool! I had the tastiest sangria there! Luggage store is for free!So I'd reccomend this place to everyone! Next time I definitely gonna stay there!

• 26th May 2015
  • Ukraine

They advertise themselves as a party hostel, which we thought would be fun, but ended up ruining our stay. There is a club on the roof that they claim is there own but in fact its seperatly owned and you cant go up there unless you buy a drink. The club blasts music until around 4am so we couldnt sleep and we were drinking as well. Overall couldnt of had a more unpleasent time and had no sleep. Partying elsewear would be alot more fun in our opinions.

• 14th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel! Loved staying here! Pub crawl is really fun!l loved the staff! Extended our stay by 3 days due to them! Good price for a great hostel:)

Good hostel. Quiet at night. Close in to the shops and cafes. Very clean, well run operation.

Second time staying here. Good location, friendly staff, good wifi. Nice areas to socialize with other travelers.

It's quiet because it's in a backstreet of an old town with no through traffic, which is magical because you round the corner and the whole world is there. Loved the huge drawers under the bed that could fit all the luggage so it doesn't clutter the room, even though the rooms are very spacious. Plus, there's a wardrobe AND a fridge in each room, wow. Excellent wifi signal, too. Really really clean, for such a large hostel, props! The staff are really nice. Excellent hostel

The hostel was nice even if not so quiet. They have a lot of activities, joined the pub crawl that was a lot of fun, the walking tour with Andrea was also very good, probably the top 3 I've ever done! Good work :) I highly reccommend you to stay in Oasis Malaga!