Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Malaga Reviews

Very loudly, very dirty.

All good tks

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Spain

I stayed there one night before catching a flight home. The best thing about the hostel is that it's right in the centre of the old town giving it a great atmosphere and perfect place to start a night out. I thought it would be noisy all night, and whilst there was a group of lads talking loudly outside the dorm in the courtyard, a straighforward phone call to the member of staff sorted out the problem. I would stay there again.

As for the rooms - amazing, could use more power sockets though! The hostel has great vibes, but all the partying in which a lot of the boys and girls were drunk, loud and horny amazed me for just an ordinary Thursday in the first week of February, is it always like this?? It seemed to be always full and crowded there, and all the music, the Tarzan-like yelling and the TV cranked at the loudest volume setting was just a bit too much for me to bear. Thanks for returning me my lost media player!

This hostel is well locstes, very clean and the staff is friendly. Room little cold... No heaters...

VERY NOISY!

The hostel by itself if very good. Rooms are nice, beds are good, breakfast (paid) was awsome and the staff was nice. You feel like home. Small, cozy hostel. The problem is the staff. Some of them work for free, some kind of volunteering. You get to sleep there if you work, I think. And because of that, the room was not properly cleaned and things like that. They should at least be well trained.

This hostel is great. I've stayed here twice now. The first time was during tourist season with a group of friends and it was a really great party hostel. The staff were all super friendly and the pub crawl was definitely worth it. This last time I went was off season and there were only 2 other people with me in a room of ten. It was clean and relatively quiet compared to the last time I stayed. It's relatively close to the train and bus stations and centrally located with the touristy sites.

• 27th Dec 2013

The girl checking me in was very kind. When I went back to the reception desk, there was a guy there who was a bit rude. Don't know what his problem was. The hostel itself was very clean and comfortable. Not much to complain about. Great location, right in the heart of the city. Good price.

The position is very good. The hostel is not bad, even if there is not even a chair where to put stuff. The problem is the quantity of drunken guiris doing don't know what all night long in the corridors, until 6am when some girls started fighting outside the room.

Very cool hostel, definitely not the place to go if you want to sleep all night! Party goes till 5am and I've met loads of people there. The bunk beds are really good as well and the room was spacious with a huge bathroom.

the oasis hostel will suck you in and you will never be able to leave

Located in center of Malaga. hard to find. They do family style dinners, breakfast costs Euros for eggs, bacon. Kitchen was well furnished with tea, pots, olive oil, salt. Plugs were semi hard to come by. Bathrooms were clean, free computers to get research in. Good social atmosphere for solo travelers. Staff is kind of aloof at front desk but they still care about making sure you have a great time. Walking tour was a joke and needs serious improvement. Nightlife is very awesome and prices are:)

This is a great hostel. I stayed 1 night in a four bed dorm, it was clean with big lockers. The staff where very helpful. i did the Tapas tour from the hostel with Lara, it was great, we went to 4-5 bars and it was €12. In the last bar extra drinks and tapas where €1 each. i was a solo traveler, this hostel was good fun and really easy to meet people. I was up early before breakfast, 15 min walk to metro to Malaga Airport, €1.70. good security in the hostel and good value restaurants close by.

Showers are hot with good water pressure. The staff is fantastic. The place is cozy and very homey feeling. And the beach is only a ten minute walk. Wonderful breakfast. The night activities are rowdy and so much fun. They also offered work exchange - changing beds for a free night. Niiiiice.

Receptionist did not seem interested in checking me in when I arrived at 1pm as I was getting in the way of her lunch.

• 20th Oct 2013

The staffs weren't very nice in fact some of them were quite rude when I asked a question. It doesn't seem like they clean rooms and bathrooms everyday. On my last day the bathroom was unbearably dirty. The wifi only works in the lounge. Other things like kitchen, atmosphere and facilities were fine. They do have a lounge bar upstairs which was very nice. I just wish there were nicer and cleaner.