Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Malaga Reviews

Calle San Telmo 14, Malaga, Spain

This hostel is a solid choice in Malaga. Don´t bother doing the pub crawl, it´s not very good value for money.

Very nice hostel indeed and cheap as well. I think the best in Malaga. Has wifi and computers and the dorms are really nice.

• 20th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay here, the rooms were clean and the staff generally friendly. Several things were amiss. My room card constantly failed to work properly, my booking made the previous day had not been processed for some reason and I had to prove I'd booked and I was accused twice of not having paid in full for my second night (should have remembered to get a receipt since I paid in cash). On the Monday morning, we were abruptly informed that breakfast had been 'cancelled' from that day onwards!

I enjoyed my stay there, I choosed to get the 8 person room instead of the 10 but it was next to the kitchen so don't get that, get the 10 instead. I heard that most of the rooms were closed due to bed bugs too. Also the card for the door kept on stuffing up.

Overall it was ok and close to everything. But the room smell bad (even with all the windows opened). Some air freshner would definitly be necesary... plus the kitchen wasn't really clean, as no one was doing their dishes and it was just pilling in the sinks...

bed bugs!

This hostel was very nice, I appreciate the only night i stayed there. I arrived during the night with a taxi and i was lucky to find the street but i think more sign could be useful. See you Valentine

• 20th Sep 2014

Roof bar was awesome , location good. came here on a stag doo

• 19th Sep 2014

Very good hostel, nice location. Very friendly and helpfull staff. If You are going to Malaga and looking for good and cheap hostel You should go to Oasis Backpackers.

Like all Oasis hostels facilities are fantastic. Oasis Malaga did have some drawbacks, the rooftop bar is mainly used by locals, this makes meeting fellow travellers very difficult. The bedroom was large and spacious and the ensuite was brilliant. Pub crawl was well organised. Had some difficulties with my booking and the staff weren't overly interested in assisting me in resolving the problem. Apart from that, great hostel and would absolutely recommend.

Over all, really nice hostel! Friendly staff, met alot of nice people, pub crawl every night. Perfect! Although the breakfast was mediocre and me and my room mates had our suspicions about bed bugs.

In a very good location, but a little dumpy looking. Pictures are deceiving. Staff is very helpful and do everything they can to help you out. It's in a good location, and easy to get around.

no can not get much sleep.

This hostel has bed bugs. Enough said. Este hostal tiene chinches. Basta decir esto.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

This place sucks. Our 10 person dorm room was absolutely filthy and infested with bed bugs. Don't ever stay here, feels hostel is close by and way better.

The Oasis Backpackers' Malaga has a great position, in the centre of the city. The staff is friendly and quite helpful. It has a good terrace on which socialization is easy. I recommend it.

Great to have airconditioning and our own (big) bathroom in the room. Great rooftop bar too.

This was the worst hostel I stayed at in Spain. This is just a bar full of drunk kids and a few beds.The reception staff, especially the blonde lady, was rude and it took her 1h 20m to check me in! The check-in times indicate 1.30 PM but the staff said it is 3 PM. As the bar is also open to non-guests of the hostel, they offer 20% off to those sleeping there, which I was told I couldn't use. Bring earplugs as it is impossible to sleep and your own padlock. Not ideal for the typical backpacker.

This hostel gave me BED BUGS. I was scheduled to stay oasis for two nights overs the Malaga festival, but my stay was cut short because of a dozen little brown bugs I had crawling around in my bed while I was asleep. I was woken by bugs crawling over myself and my bed. When I confronted the guy on reception about this, his response was 'uhhh I suppose you want to change rooms'. I have now got red bites all over my arms and back and trying to see if I have infected my own home.

At first the room looked good but closer looking my underneighbour had all bugs in bed and the bathroom was also filled with bugs. Airco on the room wasn't working properly everybody complained about the warmth and when asked if the staff good decrease temperature they just did not do it telling it was fine already. Going to Lisbon but defenitly not staying at oasis there