Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Sevilla Reviews

Calle de la Compañía 1, Seville, Spain

Really enjoyed the hoste. Rooms were big and spacious and clean. Breakfast was really good and staff was nice. I would recommend..

• 9th Oct 2014

Great Place! No complaints!

I felt the staff don't give a damn about the guests (only Pedro was nice). The other portuguese guy made it clear that he didin't want to work, that it was a summer job. The hostel was a mess. I had to change my room.They say that they give free breakfast, but there isn't one actually (well, we can't call it breakfast). On the last night, the staff only wanted to party. They called some friends and that was it... Disappointed. No professionalism.

This hostel was due to close to renovate. They placed the two girls in a dorm, while I booked onto HOtel BAco, which was excellent. The boys in the dorm were mostly staff. Noisy, smelly, sleeping all day. They turned the light on in the small hours at night, crashed around, and took one of our beds, despite belongings on it. These staff should be sacked, as they have no concept of decent hostel behaviour. We moved to another hostel which was much better.

• 16th Sep 2014

Unfortunately I found the staff a bit rude and not very helpfully. Every time I went to reception there was either no one there or they where asleep on the couch.

this is the first time I've considered changing hostels. Our stay started with getting to our room to find dirty sheets on our beds, when we asked for new sheets we were told that the person who was meant to change the sheets was asleep, and we could wake them up if we wanted. The staff continued to be mostly lazy and unhelpful throughout our stay, we felt like a huge inconvenience. No air cons in the room meant you could sleep in a sauna, or open the window to a noisy street. Very disappointing

Vinny was an awesome tour guide, Kayak (Pedro) goes the extra distance to take care of folks. Great place to stay, great staff.

• 10th Aug 2014

We were transferred to the Metropolis apartments near to the hostel as we booked a private double. It was compact but more than adequate for the amount of time we spent there. Hot water, great air-con, our own kitchen and a great complex. No complaints.

The atmosphere at oasis is amazing. You can easily meet loads of people and have a blast. Great staff! Would have liked a real locker instead of the small safe. No air conditioning in the whole building, it was boiling!!! The wifi only worked in the lobby. And there is tons of noise from the bar outside, sometimes making it impossible to sleep. Over all, the hostel was very nice, decently clean and close to everything. The staff is very helpful and nice, and the dinners are fun and tasty!

Had a great stay at this hostel! Staff is very kind and the rooftop pool is great (even though its small). Good place to meet others.

Nice hostel in good location.

Great stay at Oasis. We initially had some problems with the booking die to some computer trouble but the staff couldn't have been more helpful when it came to fixing this.

• 15th Jul 2014

Nice hostel. Good location. Close to Bus Station, walking distance. I got the bus to Faro Portugal from this Bus Station.The train station is a bus journey from here. This hostel was clean.

It was a great hostel! Great atmosphere, with many opportunities to meet new people by the pool.

• 25th Jun 2014

Staff are involved in social life of hostel but little else. Some brilliant, some clearly there for a free ride. Wifi is awful, doesn't work in bedrooms, only in communal areas/ corridors. Social life was great, easy to meet people and small enough to know everyone. Location excellent, right next to busy plaza full of restaurants and easy access to tourist sights.

I liked this place, it has a pool at the top and a great place to meet people. Very centralized in the city and quiet at night to sleep. I had a good view from my room and met amazing people there. The staff is helpful, although some times the volunteers not as much. Nevertheless, I liked the place.

Best atmosphere at any hostel, rooftop bar/pool is awesome especially with the heat of Seville. The group of girls (and some of the guys) that work there are super fun and will go out with everyone, we had a blast when they did. They cook breakfast and dinner for a few euros and was great. Our only issue was with the manager Pedro who screwed one of us out of 15€ for a bar crawl that didn't happen. He came off as selfish and fairly lazy. Even with that hostel was one of the most fun we've seen.

I had an up and down stay here because I got sick (nothing to do with hostel hygiene) so I didn't get the full experience. Still, what I did experience, I loved and I would recommend the place. The only negative is the kitchen is all the way at the top of the hostel which can make it a small pain to get to easily

The supposedly ¨24 hour bar¨ opened at 4pm and closed at 10.30pm, and additionally, the pool - a main luring point for my party - was out of use for almost our entire stay. This was extremely disappointing.

Really great location and atmosphere for meeting people, rooms were nice with good ensuite bathrooms and lovely big terrace as a common area. Kitchen didn't seem too clean or well equipped but wasn't needed due to communal dinners being fairly good value. Staff were generally really lovely, however, the fact that no one was getting paid led to some rudeness and one guy not turning up for his shift when needed. Had an amazing stay though