Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Sevilla Reviews

Calle de la Compañía 1, Seville, Spain

Vinny was an awesome tour guide, Kayak (Pedro) goes the extra distance to take care of folks. Great place to stay, great staff.

• 10th Aug 2014

We were transferred to the Metropolis apartments near to the hostel as we booked a private double. It was compact but more than adequate for the amount of time we spent there. Hot water, great air-con, our own kitchen and a great complex. No complaints.

The atmosphere at oasis is amazing. You can easily meet loads of people and have a blast. Great staff! Would have liked a real locker instead of the small safe. No air conditioning in the whole building, it was boiling!!! The wifi only worked in the lobby. And there is tons of noise from the bar outside, sometimes making it impossible to sleep. Over all, the hostel was very nice, decently clean and close to everything. The staff is very helpful and nice, and the dinners are fun and tasty!

Had a great stay at this hostel! Staff is very kind and the rooftop pool is great (even though its small). Good place to meet others.

Nice hostel in good location.

Great stay at Oasis. We initially had some problems with the booking die to some computer trouble but the staff couldn't have been more helpful when it came to fixing this.

• 15th Jul 2014

It was a great hostel! Great atmosphere, with many opportunities to meet new people by the pool.

• 25th Jun 2014

Staff are involved in social life of hostel but little else. Some brilliant, some clearly there for a free ride. Wifi is awful, doesn't work in bedrooms, only in communal areas/ corridors. Social life was great, easy to meet people and small enough to know everyone. Location excellent, right next to busy plaza full of restaurants and easy access to tourist sights.

I liked this place, it has a pool at the top and a great place to meet people. Very centralized in the city and quiet at night to sleep. I had a good view from my room and met amazing people there. The staff is helpful, although some times the volunteers not as much. Nevertheless, I liked the place.

Best atmosphere at any hostel, rooftop bar/pool is awesome especially with the heat of Seville. The group of girls (and some of the guys) that work there are super fun and will go out with everyone, we had a blast when they did. They cook breakfast and dinner for a few euros and was great. Our only issue was with the manager Pedro who screwed one of us out of 15€ for a bar crawl that didn't happen. He came off as selfish and fairly lazy. Even with that hostel was one of the most fun we've seen.

I had an up and down stay here because I got sick (nothing to do with hostel hygiene) so I didn't get the full experience. Still, what I did experience, I loved and I would recommend the place. The only negative is the kitchen is all the way at the top of the hostel which can make it a small pain to get to easily

The supposedly ¨24 hour bar¨ opened at 4pm and closed at 10.30pm, and additionally, the pool - a main luring point for my party - was out of use for almost our entire stay. This was extremely disappointing.

Really great location and atmosphere for meeting people, rooms were nice with good ensuite bathrooms and lovely big terrace as a common area. Kitchen didn't seem too clean or well equipped but wasn't needed due to communal dinners being fairly good value. Staff were generally really lovely, however, the fact that no one was getting paid led to some rudeness and one guy not turning up for his shift when needed. Had an amazing stay though

Great hostel. It even has a rooftop pool right beside a beautiful church. My room overlooked the plaza week with that big white wooden structure thing it washcloth great.

Blankets had lint from the previous guest, it gets pretty loud at nights, internet is slow.

I had a really enjoyable stay here at Oasis hostel,the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was excellent they showed me all the excellent tourist places to visit a thoroughly enjoyable stay,thanks a lot chicos!!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Bulgaria

A friendly base for exploring Seville! When I was there the hostel was full but it didn't seem so -most of the rooms were taken up by Italian College students for two weeks. Nevertheless the excellent KATIE made every guest feel welcome right from walking in the door and as a single traveler I found this created an inclusive atmosphere which was great for meeting other travelers. My only minor criticism is the breakfast was quite variable as was its welcome -some staff didn't want to be there.

Really fun staff, clean rooms (although my linen hadn't been changed before I checked in, I let them know and they fixed it right away - simple mistake and it was handled well). Breakfast was a little sad though, warm milk for the cereal and cold coffee. But lots of good advice at reception!

Located in the centro of city, 15mins walk from bus station. Nice staff, nice atomosfere. Definitely I'll choose oasis if I went back to sevilla.

• 1st May 2014
  • China

I made a reservation for 5 people in an 8 bed mixed. When we arrived, we were told we were being split up into two rooms. When asked the reason, the receptionist told us it was because we only booked our stay the day before, which was not true. My room was not clean, and the other people in my room were living at the hostel. There were clothes and toiletries everywhere. The door was never locked and it didnt feel secure to me. I was very disappointed.