Oasis Backpackers Mansion Lisboa Reviews

Rua de Santa Catarina, 24, Lisbon, Portugal

After just staying the one night the receptionist had already remembered my name. So lovely! Bar and outside sitting area was nice, never been at a hostel with no sofas though. Wifi is good on the first set of stairs, in the left corner at a 90 degree angle eg. Bad wifi haha. Had a kitchen but the chef was using all the hobs so I was only able to start cooking after 9. Good atmosphere, was relatively easy to talk to people. Pretty good location, not too big a walk to the city centre. Hot showers

Reception was helpful and gave great suggestions for places to go. Ranatu(?) gave a wonderful tour of the city. Meals we're amazing.

Great place, amazing atmosphere and very kind staff! In terms of cleanliness, this is one of the most neat hostels I've ever been to... Amy's mojito's are just delicious and the organised pub crawl is lots of fun. I would recommend this place to anyone. Thank you Oasis!

My favourite hostel so far! I lucked out with my room and could see the harbour from my bed, which was amazing. I was in a 10 person room and we had our own terrace and kitchen. Lockers under the bed which is great.There weren't enough plugs for everyone though, and only one bathroom, not always with hot water. Amazing food, great location, beautiful back garden. The walking tour is a MUST, the guy was so wonderful and informative, a truly authentic experience. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Really nice and cheap place to go to ! Party hostel, the staff was amaising, I had a great time there :) I would recommend this place to anyone who is going to Lisbon !!

Beside the bathtub everything was very good.

• 18th May 2015
  • Colombia

Really great hostel, love the group dinners.

The location was pretty good but the hostel was hard to find. The staff was so friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were really good! The wifi wasnt the best everywhere but in my second room it was great! The atmosphere was one of the best I had with a breakfast for 3,5€ and a diner for 7,50€ so everybody ate together! Loved the hostel!

Booked for four days but then stayed for three weeks--was hard to leave. The staff are all amazing and run really good tours but also have suggestions beyond hostel-related activities. The courtyard is one of my favourite places in the world. Very friendly hostel with really good vibes. And the dinners they offer are great.

• 14th May 2015

I liked the activities that the hostel offered

Overall a good experience; the staff is very nice, professional and they are always ready to help you out. The location was very convenient, because it was near one of the most important neighborhoods but it wasn't hectic or too noisy at night. The atmosphere inside the hostel is very nice for those people who like to party, but if you're a bit more low-key, you can also relax. Something that I really enjoyed was the breakfast; the chef is really good. I would definitely come back.

Great hostel for a solo traveller. Clean with good facilities. Only thing to comment is that the bunk beds in the dorm are really sqeaky.

Shower facilities very very poor. Staff opened bedroom windows and balcony doors during the day without our permission. Bar staff rude and played extremely loud music until 4am and we couldn't sleep. They continued to do this for the duration of our stay even though we complained numerous times, as did other parties. Drunk people shouting and screaming until 6am in the hostel bar with no effort made by staff to tell them to be quiet. Won't be returning to this hostel.

• 11th May 2015

Hi there,thank you for your comment. We're very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay with us. Typically we organise activites every evening that finish around 11.30pm so we can bring some guests out and keep the atmosphere of the hostel quiet for the guests who wish to stay in, so this would be highly unusual to have a party so late in the night. Either way, we promise to use your comments to re-enforce the importance of keeping a calm environment at night for our guests. Thanks!

Maxume placuit, non tantum propter pretium, quod aliorum diversoriorum longe vilius duco, sed etiam ob humanitatem inquilinorum.

Everything was wonderful and worth the price except the lack of bathrooms.

• 1st May 2015
  • Lithuania

It was a me place to stay, the staff were all super friendly and gave us advise on different things to do in the area. The rooms were nice, clean, however the bathrooms could do with a bit of care. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Very central ! Clean, comfortable ! Stylish ! I got the room 14, with a terrace with a great view on the roofs of Lisbon and on the Tejo river !! But most of all, they organise a lot of different activities, like walking tour (based on tips), fado night, pub crawling, etc ! A good way to meet people ! I did the walking tour, I recommend it ! And if I had more time, I would definitely have done the other activities !

Very pleasant stay in the hostel, was assigned to a bed with great view and the balcony outside was a great place to enjoy the beautiful Lisbon and have lunch/dinner when it's sunny! The staff are also all friendly and helpful, very cool! Dinner was also good, would recommend

All of the staff were incredible helpful and welcoming. We were very happy with our choice of hostel. We didn't have the opportunity to try any of the house made dinners that the hostel offered because we are both vegetarian and there were no options for us. We did take the 11:30 walking tour and really enjoyed ourselves. The tour guide was incredible knowledgeable of Lisbon and it's complex history.

Few bathrooms