Oban Backpackers Reviews

Breadalbane Street, Argyll, Oban, Oban, Scotland

Very friendly, helpful staff. Brilliant atmosphere. Central location. I can recommend stay in that hostel to everyone. There is only one thing could be fixed - Wi-fi in rooms.

Cheerful hostel nestled on a side street in Oban, within walking distance of everything in town (it's not that big). Good hostel atmosphere in common area. Clean and comfortable. Would stay again.

Great hostel, nice big rooms. Close to everything. Common room and kitchen are some of the best I've seen. Would definitely stay here again.

Really enjoyed staying here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms could use lockers and a chair for those in top bunks, but other than that, good solid hostel.

Pros: staff wonderfully friendly, showers are great, very clean and beds are pretty decent Cons: no lockers, wifi only in common room Overall you won't be disappointed staying here at all- would definitely stay here again

We were 3 girls and we shared the bedroom with an ols drunk man and a very old men, it was a bit embarrassing...

• 24th Jul 2014

Awesome hostel overall.. Everyone was helpful and everything was close :) bus station/train station is only a seven minute walk away!

Mattress a bit this for the type of base on bunks. Otherwise an excellent hostel!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The showers are not the best for getting changed but it's manageable.

good location close to centre of town about 5 mins walk, 5-10 to the bus and train station. bathrooms were clean but they are mixed showers and the stalls are very enclosed and get hot so you to put your clothes on getting sweaty! kitchen was big and well stocked with pots and oil/salt etc. no lockers but the dorms were roomy. the top bunks are HIGH and have no rails so hope you don't fall off!

Staff wasn't great, they kept to themselves. It's on the other end of town from the train station so get ready for a hike. Clean though, so that's a plus.

Staff are very helpfull. I really enjoyed my stay.

Merece la pena, posibilidad de desayuno correcto a buen precio, ningún problema.Recomendable. It's worth it. You have the chance to have breakfast at a good price, no problem. I would recommend it. Above the average for its price

Guy behind the desk when we checked in was super helpful.. gave us a map and recommendations on where to eat, what to do etc. Great customer service :)

A small, lovely hostel in a great location, the rooms were spacious, and the bathrooms were very clean. I loved the welcoming atmosphere in the common room, free hot drinks and the big map of the isles painted on the wall. The only thing I would add is wifi in the rooms, as for me it worked only in the common room. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it.

Great hostel with a great social environment in beautiful Oban. A bit of a walk from the ferry terminals but a great way to see a bit of the city. The hostel is well worn but was kept extremely clean and tidy. The laundry service for hire was a great value and quick return. No dedicated luggage storage but was watched by reception. Reception was extremely helpful in showing the best sights around the area.

Nice little hostel in a beautiful setting! Nice and cosy with good facilities and friendly staff. Only a short walk to anywhere in Oban (supermarket, ferry terminal, bus stops & train station, shops etc). Basic but good breakfast. Would definitely recommend!

Great hostel, lovely, inviting and comfortable reception/relax area. Great tea/coffee and hot Choc foc!!!! Great to get up in the morning to lovely fresh scones chocolate and hazelnut at a fantastic price!! Would definitely recommend and come back!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

I've stayed here before so it's good enough that I came back on my way back from the islands. The key for my room didn't work but they swapped it and no more problems. The beds aren't very comfy unfortunately but other than that it's great, very clean, friendly staff, and free tea/coffee/hot drinks :) nice cheap breakfast too.

I loved the hostel, and the city! It had a cozy and friendly common room, and I appreciated the free tea and hot chocolate. I read one of the free books and the rooms were big and bright. Everyone there seemed to know each other, so as solo traveler I felt a little left out. The showers were a little odd as well, but they were hot and strong so it did the job.