Oban Backpackers Reviews

Breadalbane Street, Argyll, Oban, Oban, Scotland

I really liked this hostel. The room are clean, the beds super comfy. The common room is big and you can use the kitchen. Milk, tea, and chocolate are included in the price - and you can help yourself. The staff is very kind and ready to help. I'd definitely recommend it.

All the staff were friendly and helpful (special mention for Ruthy). Great to be able to get laundry done and for a really good price. Only negative was the mattress (and I know it wasn't just my bed by talking to other travellers). The foam appears to have been compressed so that it now does little in the way of cushioning. If they were replaced it would be a 10/10 hostel!

Very nice and useful staff. Fantastic kitchen equipment. All day tea, coffee and chocolate. Many, many useful information: what’s on in Oban, where to eat, where is the nearest shop with food and so on. Perfect localization. A little noisy at night because of restaurant in front of the hostel.

The beds were a bit uncomfortable, but I would still readily recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Oban! The staff was incredibly warm and welcoming and made me feel very included. I was traveling by myself so it was so nice to have people who watched out for me and were up for a chat.

• 30th Apr 2015

Great atmosphere!

Friendly staff, really close to town. Nice big common room to hang out in

• 5th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

A fantastic stay at Oban Backpackers. really vibrant funky hostel, very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and also the surrounding areas. Brent was fantastic and gave us some excellent advice on where to head to further North to wild camp. We followed his advice and it did not disappoint. Thank you.