Oban Backpackers Reviews

Breadalbane Street, Argyll, Oban, Oban, Scotland

Great staff, very welcoming and friendly. The entire hostel was very clean. Shower area was very well looked after. The common area was very fun, the fire was a great feature. Kitchen is large. WiFi is one of the better wifi I've used in Western Scotland. 5-10 minute walk from. Train station, ferry terminal, town center etc. It's a little set bac, which is great and keeps the noise down.

Ruth was awesome! Beautiful village.

• 13th Oct 2015

Great location and easy to find from the train station. Staff were excellent and had us in the room and in the bar down the road in no time. Very convenient to get to the ferry for that early ferry to the Inner Hebrides, etc.

fantastic hostel. great atmosphere & friendly staff

Cute hostel in a fairly central location. The large common room had a nice atmosphere, and the staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend.

Lovely place with very friendly staff. Tasty scones in the morning, fantastic kitchen, comfy beds. The showers are hot and powerful and the wifi works great. An open and relaxed atmosphere with a welcoming vibe! I will definitely stay here again.

Easily the best hostel I've stayed in on my trip so far, the accommodations and the staff were great! Very knowledgeable of the area and easily answered any questions you had. Space was very clean and comfy! Definitely will be returning to this hostel sometime in the future!

I was very pleased with how extensive the facilities were at Oban Backpackers and I greatly appreciated the warm, comfortable place to land after a day of adventuring. Ruthie was so cool and helpful, and really made me feel welcome. I was very happy with my stay and will definitely be back again!

• 3rd Sep 2015

I've stayed here many times before for trips to the islands. The beds are comfy and the warm, the lounge area is cost with tea and coffee to help yourself to and the breakfast is great value with yummy scones too. Definitely be back next time I'm off to the islands.

The highlight was that there's plenty of common space and staff are really friendly. They could invest in renovation of the place - especially the shower facilities was a big run down.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Very nice hostel! Excellent location, few blocks from the station, very friendly and helpful staff and very clean. The common area is great and the option to have very good breakfast for £2 pounds saves you money and time! I'd definitely go there again!

It's got everything that you need. Perhaps 15quid for a dorm is a bit expensive but it's the same everywhere else in Oban.

• 25th Aug 2015

First up, the lady with the glasses at the front desk was a gem! She was super welcoming and full of positive energy! Great funky hostel on the north side of town, still within short walking distance of the train/ferry terminals. Lots of people would hang out in the common room, giving it a nice feel. Huge, very well equipped kitchen, and cheap breakfast provided. I would have liked to have individual lockers but there was a safe at the front desk.

Really enjoyed my stay, thank you!

Extremely helpful staff!

I loved Oban and Oban Backpackers. I wish I could take them home with me. This hostel has cozy common areas, a huge self-catering kitchen, an inexpensive breakfast, fantastic employees, comfortable beds, excellent Internet connections, decent bathrooms and showers, and a fabulous location. The only change I would suggest is to have lockers in the dorms. The metal cage type where either guests supply their own padlocks or rent them would be ideal. There's space for them under the lower beds.

A very cool & quirky hostel, loved it!

Except the fact there was no lockers to secure our stuff, this is the best hostel so far. Great atmosphear, good beds, huge kitchen, very friendly and helpfull staff!!! Thank you all!

Very nice...!friendly and helpful staff!!

Great atmosphere and Staff...made my stay in Oban extra special ! Cybele USA