Oban Backpackers Reviews

Breadalbane Street, Argyll, Oban, Oban, Scotland

Mattress a bit this for the type of base on bunks. Otherwise an excellent hostel!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The showers are not the best for getting changed but it's manageable.

Staff wasn't great, they kept to themselves. It's on the other end of town from the train station so get ready for a hike. Clean though, so that's a plus.

Staff are very helpfull. I really enjoyed my stay.

Merece la pena, posibilidad de desayuno correcto a buen precio, ningún problema.Recomendable. It's worth it. You have the chance to have breakfast at a good price, no problem. I would recommend it. Above the average for its price

Guy behind the desk when we checked in was super helpful.. gave us a map and recommendations on where to eat, what to do etc. Great customer service :)

A small, lovely hostel in a great location, the rooms were spacious, and the bathrooms were very clean. I loved the welcoming atmosphere in the common room, free hot drinks and the big map of the isles painted on the wall. The only thing I would add is wifi in the rooms, as for me it worked only in the common room. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it.

Great hostel with a great social environment in beautiful Oban. A bit of a walk from the ferry terminals but a great way to see a bit of the city. The hostel is well worn but was kept extremely clean and tidy. The laundry service for hire was a great value and quick return. No dedicated luggage storage but was watched by reception. Reception was extremely helpful in showing the best sights around the area.

Nice little hostel in a beautiful setting! Nice and cosy with good facilities and friendly staff. Only a short walk to anywhere in Oban (supermarket, ferry terminal, bus stops & train station, shops etc). Basic but good breakfast. Would definitely recommend!

Great hostel, lovely, inviting and comfortable reception/relax area. Great tea/coffee and hot Choc foc!!!! Great to get up in the morning to lovely fresh scones chocolate and hazelnut at a fantastic price!! Would definitely recommend and come back!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

I've stayed here before so it's good enough that I came back on my way back from the islands. The key for my room didn't work but they swapped it and no more problems. The beds aren't very comfy unfortunately but other than that it's great, very clean, friendly staff, and free tea/coffee/hot drinks :) nice cheap breakfast too.

I loved the hostel, and the city! It had a cozy and friendly common room, and I appreciated the free tea and hot chocolate. I read one of the free books and the rooms were big and bright. Everyone there seemed to know each other, so as solo traveler I felt a little left out. The showers were a little odd as well, but they were hot and strong so it did the job.

Oban backpackers was like stayin at home. Lovely

Smaller hostel, clean and good area. Curfew of when you have to be back by or you get locked out. Otherwise good!

Great place to stay, very friendly staff! I will come back again ;)

I loved the kitchen! So clean, spacious, organized, and well stocked.

• 22nd May 2014

This hostel was great. The staff were very friendly, showers were clean, the beds were comfy and the kitchen was very big. One of the staff members made home made soup (both meat and vegetarian options) for everyone in the hostel. Free tea and coffee all day is nice considering the weather was chilly when we were there. I would definitely recommend this hostel - we loved it!

It's my second time here. Nice atmosphere, nice hostel, confortable beds. I would definitely recommend it. It is close from the city center and it's a comfy place to stay.

I stayed only one night but had a very nice impression of the place. Lovely breakfast! I loved the homemade Scottish scones.

excellent! very friendly staff! and 2 minutes away from the centre & harbour. rooms very clean! and finally a hostel with the bunk beds well fixed! upper level dont disturb to the lower lever of the bunk bed. probably i will try to comeback in summer! :)