Oban Youth Hostel Reviews

Corran Esplanade, Oban, Oban, Scotland

The staff were friendly, efficient, and humorous. The hostel was immaculately clean and fantastic value compared with a B and B. I could not judge the atmosphere as I visited at a quiet time of year and did not see another guest!

• 1st Nov 2015

Incredible. Has no resemblence to a hostel whatsoever - it's hotel standard, and an absolute bargain if you're staying in Oban. The breakfast room looks out onto the sea, the kitchen is of an industrial standard, there was even a large lounge for us to watch the Rugby World Cup. Staff were excellent, particularly the Slovenian lady. Rooms, ensuites and showers all far exceeded what I've been experiencing in Australia, NZ and Japan over the past year. (PS Oban is gorgeous, even in Winter)

Good place, a little bit out of the town centre but only a 10 minute walk. Nice big kitchens with dining rooms and tvs. Rooms were large and clean, with good beds. Staff were helpful and good, would recommend

Overall, it's a good option with great value for money. If I pushed myself to make a complaint it would be that the kitchen staff in the morning were a little curt and often disappeared when you needed them (for a fag break etc)

Oban is very small, so the hostel is basically a beautiful 10 minute walk along the bay to the city center, ferry, and train. The rooms and showers were clean, and the staff was friendly. There was also a washer/dryer and drying room. The only annoying thing was that every 12 hours you had to go to the front desk to get a new WiFi password.

Found out when arrived at reception that I had paid for temporary membership for each night when a I am a life member of hostelling international. I hadnt realised that I was booking through an outside agency and wont make the same mistake again.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Excellent hostel, friendly and helpful staff.