Oban Youth Hostel Reviews

Corran Esplanade, Oban, Oban, Scotland

Good place, a little bit out of the town centre but only a 10 minute walk. Nice big kitchens with dining rooms and tvs. Rooms were large and clean, with good beds. Staff were helpful and good, would recommend

Overall, it's a good option with great value for money. If I pushed myself to make a complaint it would be that the kitchen staff in the morning were a little curt and often disappeared when you needed them (for a fag break etc)

Oban is very small, so the hostel is basically a beautiful 10 minute walk along the bay to the city center, ferry, and train. The rooms and showers were clean, and the staff was friendly. There was also a washer/dryer and drying room. The only annoying thing was that every 12 hours you had to go to the front desk to get a new WiFi password.

Found out when arrived at reception that I had paid for temporary membership for each night when a I am a life member of hostelling international. I hadnt realised that I was booking through an outside agency and wont make the same mistake again.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Excellent hostel, friendly and helpful staff.