Oblik the Railway Hostel Reviews

Calea Grivitei Street, nr.95-97, Bucharest, Romania

Hostel was closed in the week of arrival without any notice. At the hostel are also no more signs (my arrival sunday night at 23h). Contact number of owner was not available, the second number was of another person who knows the owner but who is not related to the hostel. Helped me very friendly. Should no more booked! Ath other hostel booking sites hostel cannot bokked anymore.

• 28th Sep 2014

Clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was very nice and the hostel dog was very cute. 20-30 minute walk to the old district, but very close to the main train station. If you're coming to Bucharest to party then this hostel is not for you, but for anyone else it is perfect.

No frills hostel - fair enough, but it just a didn't feel safe in there. Not sure that the other people in there were travellers at all.

That night, in your room it was an English man - excepting your friend- he is working in Romania, in Transilvania and he was visiting Bucharest - so a traveler; at the other level there were also some couples visiting Romania, but you could not meet them because you came late at night and you left very early in the morning; anyway, thank's for being here

I have selected 'Average' for everything... When I arrived & knocked on the door nobody answered! I kept knocking before giving up & looking for somewhere else to stay. The following day (after finding an alternative place to stay) I knocked on the door again & still no answer.. I later learned the Owner was taken to hospital. Hence my 'Average Score' However, quite shocking to be left stranded like this. I am sure other single travelers would be quite upset & annoyed about this.

Near the main train situation. Good stay for a night. Dont expect much more.

it was really good especially because it is so close to the train stationi would say a really really easy 10 minutes walk. justbecarefulnot the pass by the door because there's no protruding sign. really comfortable beds, lovely staff. nice kitchen and great location. check it out!!

• 6th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Everything was ok! We've been here for just one night, Our train arrived very late in the evening, so the location was perfect for us. Cleanliness could be better, specially the shower!

This hostel was run by such a lovely lady! We had to cancel one of our days last minute and she was very understanding. Excellent hostess that showed us where to visit in the city and was very welcoming. In an excellent location for arriving by train and close to public transport to get to the main city. Security is not great but we had no problems and she let us store luggage. Good wi-fi. Great, well-equipped kitchen. Very clean and good value for money. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Very clean and spacious rooms with new appliances. The owner was helpful in giving a quick preview of the city along with some in-depth tips of the city. The location is close to the main train station which comes in very handy if you are coming late at night, however you are far from the happening night life. The top floor gets very hot at night and makes it uncomfortable to sleep.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Ideally located between the main train station and the old town; but the surrounding area is lacking restaurant/bars options. It almost seemed more like a home with rooms rented out rather than a hostel. As more people came, they continued to lay of out more beds on the floors in common areas. We booked based on availability of AC; however, the AC was only in the common room and the upstairs rooms were unbearably hot at night.

This place was really lovely to stay in! The owner was lovely, pay attention to her recommendations, she knows what she is talking about! The beds were clean and the rooms were comfy. What more could you want from a hostel?

A very friendly relaxed hostel, sociable but chilled. Felicia will make you feel like you are in a home from home and can tell you everything you need to know about visiting Bucharest. A lovely hostel and people, miss them already!

It is a really familar hostel with a great atmosphere. It's close to the mainstation (5 min working). The staff was absolutely helpful and friendly. If we would stay in Bucharest again, we would choose this hostel again.

A fantastic hostel! I highly recommend this place. The staff are very welcoming and helpful and make you feel very relaxed. I have been here for only 3 days and I feel at home so I have extended my stay for at least another week. Tito, Felicia (and her mother) are lovely, kind and happy people. This place has made my stay in Bucharest very pleasant.

Only stayed one night between trains, but an easy walk from the station.

Dear guest, You arrived at our hostel at 2 o'clock , in the middle of the night and left at 8 o'clock the next morning; I wonder what kind of atmosphere did you expect to find when everybody(but the man in the night shift who was very kind to you ass he is to everybody) was sleeping; I suggest next time try to stay longer so I'll have a chance to meet you.

I only stayed two nights but i felt very welcome and comfortable from the first minute. The staff is very nice and helpful, it's close to the train station and in a very lovely part of Bucharest. I requomment Oblik Hostel and I would definitly come and stay there again!

People in charge are so nice. If you look for people with who you can speak with about their country, just go there.

The hostel owner Marius was an excellent host,they gave us a ride back to the station instead of us having to pay for a taxi. On that note be careful of taxis outside the train station you should pay no more than ten leu, showers were excellent and warm

Thank you for your staying; we are waiting you back soon to discover Bucharest and to have more fun in our city; Felicia