Ocara Hostel Reviews

Travessa Rotary, 72, Centro, Manaus, Brazil

Manaus is great place in brazil and hostel has been excellet too. really friendly staff and owner fabio Always take care of you. great barbecou, free pool table, free potable water, breakfast included and really clean. staff speak many languages. i spent 4 days totally in relax.best place in Manaus definitly.

Unfortunately we had a lot of problems with this hostel. First of all, we reserved a transfer from the airport to the hostel at 2 am., and nobody showed up to pick up us. We managed to arrive at the hostel by 3 am and nobody opened the door for us. Nobody answered the phone, we rang the bell a lot of times and we had to go to another hostel. Next day, we went back to the hostel and our room was very noisy, someone was hammering the wall. We asked our money back and we went to another place.

We only stayed in this hostel for one night before going on an amazon trip. It's really close to the office of amazon gero. Our room was basic but had good aircon and shelves and pegs. The floor was concrete and the bathroom smelled. We needed earplugs as people were being noisy in the court yard. Breakfast was average, overall ok for a short stay.

The owner is super friendly, rest of the staff seem to be a little clueless sometimes, though they all try to do there best. The building is very old and but therefor clean. Rooms are spacious. Breakfast standard. Nice common areas with TV and lovely outside area. We would go there again!

When i arrived they didn't have the room that i reserved. They put me in another room and at the check out day they wanted that i pay more. The breakfast was simple. In the bathroom there wasn't sink siphon and the door was brocken. I don't recommend this hostel.

• 15th Feb 2015

I came back to this hostel after almost two years and, again, I found an excellent welcoming Hostel. The house has different spaces to relax, nice staff, clean rooms, good breakfast and It seems that they have worked to solve the past bad comments. There was one bathroom under maintenance, but the house have many of them , so this was not a problem. Fabio, the owner is always willing to help you in your planning to go to the forest, which really helps to improve your experience in Manaus.

I had the best stay at the Ocara hostel. The host Fabio helped me out allot with information and tips for nice places to see. The staff at the hostel is nice and help full. I was only supposed to saty there one week but i extended my stay with two weeks. Its was one of the better good vibe hostels that i stayed during my travels in Brasil.

• 26th Dec 2014