Ocean Backpackers Reviews

29 St James Place, Ilfracombe, Devon, Address 2 :, Ilfracombe, England

It was a bit end of season atmosphere. Not really much communication going on between staff and guest(s). 6 bed dorm very small, hardly room for bags, no pegs for towels

Our stay here was short but sweet. The staff were very accommodating to us as we arrived before check in started and left before reception opened. The rooms are basic but a good size and comfortable. My only suggestion would be for reception to open earlier than 9. Thanks for our stay and your hospitality!

There were few other people when I stayed so my impressions aren't so indicative, but the warden was helpful and allowed me to move into a quieter room instead of the room overlooking the street (not that the young people would have had a problem with the street anyway)

• 23rd Jun 2015

Lovely hostel right in the centre of town. Very clean and bed linen is provided with towels available to rent. The guys running the place are dead friendly and are always there for a chat and to provide a few recommendations as to things to do! Downstairs is a massive lounge with a kitchen and dining area etc. unfortunately it was very quiet the week I was here and there wasn't many people around to meet in the lounge but I'd definitely be back as its a great location and value for money!