Ocean Beach Backpackers Reviews

2 Eric street, Cottesloe Beach, Perth, Australia

Me and my friend were very overwhelmed when we checked into the hostel to find the majority of people had been staying there for months, and the room was so messy as most of the girls had 'moved in' there. One of the girls came in after a night out and went through my bag and wore one of my dresses, and I felt very uncomfortable leaving my stuff out after that. All in all I felt like this was less of a backpackers and more of a rental property where we felt very unwelcome. I would not stay again

• 22nd Nov 2014

The communical kitchens were filthy. There were signs everywhere about the various rules of the hostel - most threatening eviction for bad behaviour. I have seen this in other hostels but never so many for such a wide variety of issues. Some even said no alcohol allowed - but a huge number of guests openly drank every night in the courtyard - so I guess some rules were more enforced than others??

Excellent to have plenty of fresh air in room, something that was completely denied me the next week while staying in Brisbane.

For the amount you pay, free wifi would be nice. But other than that it's been fun.

For room assigned to us, room no.4, the door entrance lock is damage, we faced difficulty to enter the room with several tried by using room key. This issue been highlighted to counter but the staff respone was poor and problem is not solve until we check out.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. They cheerfully helped me with directions and carrying my bags , something I really appreciated in my GAP years - Geriatric Aged Pensioner, Of course, there was the usual partying and noise until late, but one expects that from a young crowd of holidaymakers having a good time.

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to be if you want to be next to the water but it's very far away from the city and the train stop is 15 minutes away to walk.

We didn't feel welcome at all. Everywhere were signs with warnings what you can not dare to do and that you are watched by video all time, but nothing like "we are glad to have you here" or "we hope you enjoy your stay". It's okay that people act like assholes, drink and take drugs all the time but it's not okay to keep your food in a plastic bag (our entire bag with food was thrown out). Roommates were very messy, it was not much fun.

Overall it's good..except for some noise.

• 2nd Jun 2014