Ocean Beach Backpackers Reviews

2 Eric street, Cottesloe Beach, Perth, Australia

I stayed at the hostel for 4 nights... The staff and the layout are good but it is full of very young backpackers so can be rowdy and does not quieten done until midnight or so. The common areas were kept beautifully clean but the dorms were nasty and I felt like I was sleeping in a squat... Shame, they have so much going right, juts need a bit more tic in the dorms and bathrooms...

The location was the clincher for me and the kitchen facilities were also a factor. Most common areas kept clean and well maintained. Bathrooms in shares dorms and general lack of daylight dos make for a rather grim experience. As a traveller who stays in many hostels all across the world I would have to say Thai was one hostel that will not longer in my fond memories... A bit more TLC, regular cleaning and general airing would go a LONG way to improving things. Staff were amazing!

Great location and we'll priced. The attached bottle shop is cheap and we'll stocked and the city centre can be reached easily using the bus stop from right outside. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hostel as all the facilities that you need. Would stay here again

Very nice and helpful staff. Super great location (by the sea and not far away from freemantle). The rooms and toilets were unfortunately quite dirty

I first stayed at the OBB in 2006, and it still feels like home. It's changed a little bit in the previous decade, but retains the charms that made me live there in the first place. By and large, the staff are a credit to the hostel. However, the one thing that spoiled my stay was the attitude of the receptionist on Christmas Day. From the word go, he was aggressive and abrasive, getting peoples' backs up, threatening to throw people out and deport them, just generally being cantankerous.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Had a great stay at the hostel, booked for 4 and ended up staying 8 in the end. Only leaving cause I had a flight booked. Right by the beach and good courtyard for socialising and meeting people. Good sized kitchen and cheap wifi. Great place to spend Christmas

Excellent place to stay. We enjoyed it so much we extended our stay to cover the whole of our time in Perth. Thoroughly recommend it.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Great location close to the beach! Maybe wifi would be more helpful

Great location, crappy buildings, noisy at night.

• 2nd Nov 2015