Ocean Beach Backpackers Reviews

2 Eric street, Cottesloe Beach, Perth, Australia

For the amount you pay, free wifi would be nice. But other than that it's been fun.

For room assigned to us, room no.4, the door entrance lock is damage, we faced difficulty to enter the room with several tried by using room key. This issue been highlighted to counter but the staff respone was poor and problem is not solve until we check out.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. They cheerfully helped me with directions and carrying my bags , something I really appreciated in my GAP years - Geriatric Aged Pensioner, Of course, there was the usual partying and noise until late, but one expects that from a young crowd of holidaymakers having a good time.

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to be if you want to be next to the water but it's very far away from the city and the train stop is 15 minutes away to walk.

We didn't feel welcome at all. Everywhere were signs with warnings what you can not dare to do and that you are watched by video all time, but nothing like "we are glad to have you here" or "we hope you enjoy your stay". It's okay that people act like assholes, drink and take drugs all the time but it's not okay to keep your food in a plastic bag (our entire bag with food was thrown out). Roommates were very messy, it was not much fun.

Overall it's good..except for some noise.

• 2nd Jun 2014

This Hostel is a GREAT location!!! If you are going to see Perth, Freemantle, Rottnest… this location provides access to a supermarket, transportation, beach and bars/restaurants. The staff were very friendly, and the place was kept up. The only issue was the noise… We stayed Fri/Sat nights and from checkin at 2pm fri to checkout at 9am Sun, it was a constant party with lots of drinking, singing, banging on doors, running up and down the halls all night. Resulted in two nights of poor sleep.

The people here make this place great. Thank you for taking care of me and the arrangement. I love the roommates here and I will definitely come back again.

• 29th Apr 2014