Ocean Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre 175, Casa 15 / House 15, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Super clean hostel, well equipped with bi kitchen, great area in ipanema, safe and close to the beach, supermarkets, restaurants and bars! We'll be back :)

• 12th Nov 2014

Nice, simple, clean

• 2nd Nov 2014

Very friendly staff. It feels like home. Everything is clean and good quality. Is a quiet hostel, so you wont see much of a party atmosphere.

I had stayed at 10 dorm room. The bed and pillow was very clean and no bad odor. Breakfast is not free. And there was kitchen but common sapce to take food or talk to other guest was too small. Other than this, the room, the shower booth and bed condition were extremely good.

This hostel was fantastic. The guy from Guildford

really terrific hostel, one of the best I've ever stayed, and above all very friendly and helpfull staff

This hostel is located in one of the most secure neighborhood of Rio. I read from other people that it's clean and with excellent facilities and I can vouch for that. I planned 2 days stay and decided to extend as found out its a good place.

A new hostel, which was a welcome break from the party hostels in Rio. This was my third hostel in the city and I would highly recommend this if you wish to stay in the Ipanema area. Close to Metro and shops. Bathrooms always clean and spotless. Rooms spacious, a welcome relief from the usual over cramped conditions in other hostels. Good kitchen facilities. Common area was not the greatest as it was very small in size.

An extremely clean, extremely friendly hostel a few blocks back from the beach. Not sure what else you could want! Thanks again!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was really nice! I got a private room and could sleep very well! The shared bathroom was clean and the shower awesome!

• 12th Sep 2014

Best bathroom throughout our 2 week stay in Brazil. Awesome water pressure. The noise was our only complaint because people would congregate on the lower level and it would reverberate all the way up and echo like crazy throughout the halls. Staff was a little aloof, as well.

I have never seen such a clean hostel before!

A very clean and nice hostel located very close to the beach of Ipanema. Nice staff, friendly and helpful. Fast WiFi and the best facilities I've ever seen in a hostel (mine at home aren't that good). It's also easy to get there from the airport by bus. The local metro is near and you get to all the interesting spots from there. I highly recommend it.

Positives: * Agree with previous comments, the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. It was immaculate. * Located excellently for the subway and beach. *Staff are super friendly. * HUGE lockers for all your stuff. * Netflix made for a relaxed evening in the communal area. Negatives * Just be aware there's no breakfast (not a negative really just a fact) * Not a party hostel.

The double bed private room is very small, with low ceiling, so if you are tall I don't advise you to take this room. Despite that, clean, relatively silent, friendly staff, excellent location.

Very helpful staff, thoroughly enjoyed my stay

Just perfect!!! The location, the staff, the price.... Only things that you should pay atention before booking is that it's NOT a party hostel; So if you looking for it you might not enjoy there. Second thing is that breakfast is not included. For me both things didn´t make any difference.

Location is awesome! Place is very clean staff is pleasant! Can't go wrong here! Note: NOT A PARTY HOSTEL

The best location in Ipanema, also the staff is very friendly. Pretty clean and quiet.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Overall a positive experience and Manu is an extremely hard worker. I will admit to being shocked to find a hostel in 2014 that does not recycle, especially given that I saw recycling bins in other parts of Brazil, Rio, & even in Ipanema, so I know the infrastructure exists. Secondly, I understand the economics of running your own hostel in Brazil; however, it seems a bit contradictory to me to ask 60 USD/night for a dorm bed yet not except credit cards; that is a lot of cash after 10 nights.

• 4th Jul 2014