Ocean Inn Rio Leblon Reviews

Av. Niemeyer, 187, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The place is trash. The owner...? claimed the cleaning lady 'called in sick' but it was obvious the place had bot been cleaned in at least a week. I only stayed here because it was the ONLY place listed in Leblon on the web. Owner was understanding when I decided to stay somewhere else. Pillows were gross, shower cold, and everything just dirty. Only good thing is the view over the ocean. Very good view. Look at Lemon Hostel. Much nicer, and very close. Don't waste your money at this dump.

I popped off in Rio for a couple of day and stayed at the Ocean Rio Inn Hostel. It's off the beat and path of the main beaches and sits near the Vidigal Favella, but this place was very nice. The views were frat for $8 USD a night. Showers were sub par and the beds not so great, but a friendly knowledgeable staff, strong wifi in the common area (not in rooms), and you fall asleep and wake up with the waves crashing against the rocks in the Orca room. I highly recommend to all.

Thank you for your stay. We are fixing the wi-fi problem.

We stayed as a couple in a beautiful double room ('Pirate'); clean, good air con and wifi - with an ocean view. The first room we were given was completely different so ensure you ask to see a selection if possible. The staff were helpful and friendly, and the location sits perfectly between a quiet beach and a pacified favela (Vidigal) - walking distance to Ipanema. The square at the bottom of the favela offers cheap and tasty street food. Improvements currently being made to common areas.

Good Night Thank you for your stay.

The staff is excellent. Kind people who make you feel comfortable. However, the services offered were not available everyday (clean sheets, etc.). Their laundry service had a issue but they were fixing it. This is a great place for alone travellers who dont look for fancy things and like to make new friends from different countries. I made good friends there, I will go again whenever I can.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

It is a building site at the moment and a bit out of the way. Nice views and the private beach makes up for that.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Good night We were working for better accommodations for all the guests, Now everything is perfect Yhank you

I stayed there with a friend a few days and we loved it ! Personal is very friendly, the hostel is nice and moreover there is an amazing view ! And Its well located. I recommend it really! Antoine

Thank you !!!!!!!