Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites Reviews

791 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC, Victoria, Canada

Really nice place, only problem is that there isn't an area for people under 19 if you want toeat somethiing in the evening.

Fine. A bit hot but location great and cheap price in a limited market!

Very nice and friendly stuff. The big problem was the noisiness during the night. All the noise from the street kept us awake the whole night. Plus,we could not sleep the window closed,cause it was extremely hot in the room (mid August).

• 12th Aug 2015

Really good place, has everything you want except breakfast but is cheap enough to make up for it. You can't store alcohol in the fridges though I think might just be because of law. If you walk up the street at night it can be dodgy, however, but there's nothing up that way anyway.

Great location - staff really helpful.

Need to have more correct up to date inform on the Tofino bus company / greyhound. Misleading leaflets. Booked to be I'm a mixed dorm but was put in a all female which actually didn't want plus there was small children 10 in there. Not impressed to share dorms with children. Think they should (families) be in private rooms.

Awesome location, really knowledgeable and friendly staff, cute room. The toilets were kind of dirty, but not terrible.

There was a fridge in my room and it was really stuffy. There was some rotten food in it. It really disgusted me. in the night it was also loud due to the bar in the first floor. I wouldnt go back to this hostel!

The tiny room was expensive 4 two people. There was construction going on early in the morning so I didn't sleep well. Plus paying for parking downtown was an Additional cost and Hassel. Free evening parking in the parkade meant having to go to the vehicle before 8am to move it. There was no all day parking only parking for maximum 12 hours which was expensive. It's a decent hostel if u plan to go out and party downtown but it's not relaxing by any means.

• 29th Jul 2015

This is my first time staying in a hostel, so I didn't really know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised at how great it is and would most definitely stay here again!

• 26th Jul 2015

I stayed at the ocean island inn from 23-25th july. Me and my parents really enjoyed our stay. Pretty close to all sights. Everything was clean and the staff gave us really good recommendations. What else do you need for a city trip? I would definetely recommend the inn to my friends Cheers

Very nice hostel with a great kitchen and a bar/café as well. Having a fridge in your own room is pretty cool too! The staff was very friendly, the hostel is close to everything and the facilities include everything you could want in a hostel. I was supposed to stay only one night, but finally decided to stay three more nights and did not regret it!

Hostel was ok. Staff was friendly. Not that many people around for going out and do something together...

Prepare to walk some steps. You have to pay for everything.

Comfy beds, amazing and helpful staff, very clean and in a great spot!

Hey happy traveler! Thank you for the awesome review; we loved reading your happy comments. We hope you had a blast in Victoria and we hope to see your smiling face the next time you are in our beautiful city. Safe and happy travels!

I had an amazing stay at Ocean Island Inn. The atmosphere was amazing; proved to be a very conscious hostel. The staff was very nice and helpful, especially the gentleman whobwrks night shifts. Lots of information provided to tourists through ththe pamphlets at the frontvery clean rooms and washrooms. There is a kitchen accessible to anyone to use. They safely keep your luggage for you before check-in. They have 2 computers accessible to guests. Hostel is accessible by public transit.

• 13th Jul 2015

The hostel is just ok. My biggest gripe is that this hostel also rents out beds to longer term guests and so in my room of 6, at least 2-3 guests were practically living in the room. Things were spread everywhere and there was not much room to put my own belongings. The room also smelled stuffy. There isn't much of a common room unless you sit at the bar. But the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean.

Hi there and thank you for the review! We are happy to hear you found the beds comfortable and bathrooms clean. Our housekeeping team is working hard at ensuring all dorms are clean and presentable and working with the long-term guests with storage solutions for their belongings. We encourage all guests to come see the front desk if they are not satisfied with the state of their room so we can speak with the other dorm members, or switch you to another room. Safe and happy travels!

The bedroom was noisy because the window was just front of a 4 ways road. I have not so much slept. otherwise, I met really nice people so that was fun.

• 11th Jul 2015

Hi there and thank you taking the time to leave us a review! We sorry to hear you found your room to be noisy from the street. We have many rooms towards the back of the building or on a higher floor and our front desk staff and always more then willing to facilitate room changes. We loved hearing that you met lots of fellow travelers. For us, that is the best part about this hostel. We hope you enjoyed Victoria and wish you many safe and happy travels!

Great, positive experience. Super staff, lots of activities, affordable, and positive environment. The only area of improvement was that the two computers sometimes did not work. Other than that, I would stay there again. Thank you.

Fantastic and creative little hotel. Friendly staff. Nice rooms. Good WiFi. Great Location! :D

• 10th Jul 2015

Hi there and thank you taking the to leave us a review! We appreciate your kind comments. Our staff work very hard at ensuring all guests that stay with us are comfortable and that they have everything they need, whether it be the WiFi password, an extra fan for the room, or directions around the city. We hope to see you again sometime in the very near future and wish you many safe and happy travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3