Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites Reviews

791 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC, Victoria, Canada

Nice hostel, didn't try the bar or the food, but the rooms and facilities were clean and the staff were super helpful.

Enjoyed my staff and was quiet..I could sleep

• 19th Sep 2014

I stayed in a private room in this hostel. The location is fine, everything is walkable. It is located next to a homeless shelter and there are many homeless people around. It wasn't a problem but not ideal either. The hostel wasn't overly clean. It was ok. The facilities felt old. The hostel could probably do with an update. My two night stay was enough for me. It was fine overall, not too bad, not too good.

Well equipped kitchen. Open mic was great. Unfortunately no free breakfast and no outside alcohol allowed because they have an own bar. In total a good hostel to stay.

Make a "Any Alcohol found in rooms will be removed sign".

Clean,convenient with friendly staff who obliged with extra fan and help with electric switch. However room on Main Street was noisy and warm and if the room had had 5 occupants instead of 3 it would have been very cramped .

Nice room setup, friendly and helpful staff, and close to attractions.

Only stayed one night but enjoyed the stay.

Enjoyed our stay. Even the weather was great. Thanks

• 4th Sep 2014

The Hostel was amazing and the location was great. But 5 bathrooms on the 4th floor is not enough when the hostel is fully booked.

Nice place. Good value for money. Pleasant staff. Very convenient bike storage. The room was very small, which isn't a problem for me, but might be for others. I will stay here again next time I am in Victoria.

Hostel has a pub on the ground floor, which is good for meeting people, still its not too noisy if u wanna sleep. rooms are small but clean (bathrooms too). staff was very friendly. would definititely recommend this hostel.

The rooms are incredibly small here. I also had someone in the room that was working at the hostel at the time and their stuff was EVERYWHERE, so combined with a small room this was not ideal. Perhaps those working at the hostel should room together and not with guests. Otherwise the location and facilities were really good, the bathrooms were very clean which was great. I don;t think there are many hostel options in Victoria and given this I would probably stay again.

Hi! We’re glad you enjoyed our very clean bathrooms, facilities and central location! Our dorms are a bit smaller, but with only 4-6 guests in each one we feel that they’re spacious enough. We sometimes have staff stay with us until they find more permanent accommodations but it’s reasonable that all guests in a dorm keep their belongings neat and tidy. It’s our policy to ensure that this is the case but we will speak to our housekeepers to ensure this is fully happening. Happy travels.

Nice place and area, simple to walk to everything around Vic Downtown Room was pretty small, but I was wondering that I got a 4 Bedroom not 6 ;) U will have a big Lock so enough space for ur stuff, also the own fridge was pretty good Kitchen are big enough, to cook for ur self Staff are friendly and helpful The Bar and Restaurant are very cheap for Vic area and also good quality

Hello and thanks for letting us know how we did. We are glad our facilities, location, cleanliness, food quality and storage made your stay enjoyable. We also offer many different types of rooms for different budgets, please don’t hesitate to inquiry about them. We hope to see you back in Victoria. Safe and happy travels.

real nice hostel. I had a good time there, but this always depends on the people. It is about 4km away from downtown Whistler so it depends what u do there. Nice lakes around for swimming.

I had a very pleasant stay here for a couple of nights. The hostel was clean and comfortable and the staff were super helpful with directions and recommendations. I was initially a little worried about noise but it turned out to not be a problem at all, despite the fact I'm a light sleeper. Overall, very happy with everything and would definitely return!

Hi there! It makes us happy that we could help with directions and recommendations, we are glad that you found us clean and quiet. We also offer earplugs at the front desk if you are a light sleeper. We will be happy to see you again when you come back. It was a pleasure to have hosted you. Safe and happy travels!

Decor slightly tired but clean and good for a couple of nights

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review us online! Thanks for acknowledging our cleanliness and we hope you stay with us again! Safe and happy travels!

Really Nice atmosphere, free live music

Hello! We are glad you enjoyed our environment and cafe lounge events, please feel free to drop by anytime to enjoy more of our events and don’t forget to bring some friends too! Safe and happy travels!

we were not very satisfied with the accomodation. excpecially the bathrooms were not clean and furthermore had an awful smell. the room was hot and not beautiful. everything was a little bit run-down.

Thanks for your feedback. Our bathrooms are cleaned multiple times a day by our housekeeping staff, though just one guest using the bathroom can make it look messy. You can also use any one of the 6 bathrooms on each floor. All of our rooms have fans, and extra fans are available upon request, which we find is generally sufficient for Victoria’s cool summers. We employ a full time maintenance person to ensure our building isn’t run-down, but it is a historic building. Happy travels.

It's a bit of a strange set up - it's a shame there's not a more communal area! The kitchen is pretty run down but the location is good and the general facilities are also good! We paid significantly extra for a private room and it was tiny!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4