Fabulous 1,125 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,125 Total Reviews
Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites Located at 791 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC, Victoria.
Canada
Victoria BC V8W 1N9 791 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC
83% 1125
48.4275631 -123.3620452
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 41+
22nd Jun 2016
4.9

I have stayed in many different types of accommodation in my travels and Ocean Island was far from the best. Noisy, overcrowded and claustrophobic best describe my feelings of staying here. The rooms were unsatisfactorily cramped - both the dorms and the single "basic" room I was charged over $50 for was a disgrace. Travelling with bicycle equipment was extremely difficult to deal with in this hostel. I don't normally write negative reviews but I feel it is necessary in this case.

• Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
19th Jun 2016
5.4

people where smoking under our window.. the breakfast is not continental breakfast, there was only toast, banana, peanut butter. For example no cornflakes.

• England, Male, 18-24
14th Jun 2016

Generally a standard cheap hostel, clean and pleasant in a central location. Big downside however is the lack of communal space, there is a bar downstairs but nothing except that

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
13th Jun 2016

Great location! Free continental brekkie. We had a private room for a couple of days. Quiet too which was cool, and ai've stayed in plenty of hostels! Staff were nice on arrival but it just felt like routine, it didn't feel as welcoming as I have got before at other places. Maybe they were just busy. Regardless, still nice! I love the shower in our bathroom! I want that shower head. It felt like I was in a waterfall. Nice and powerful yet misty. It was sweet!! Haha. will be back!

13th Jun 2016

There are a limited number of parking spots so if you're lucky, you'll get one (I was fortunate enough to grab one). Hostel provides daily activities which helps with the solo travelers. I would definitely book again

12th Jun 2016
6.0

Great location. No elevator, facilities (bathroom and kitchen) were quite dirty. Staff were okay but cancelled events with little or no notice and closed the cafe without warning for several days. No one seemed to be in charge.

11th Jun 2016

Everything you need and good location. Close to everything but lots of druggies in the neighbor hood. Beds could be built stronger. Kinda wobbly. All in all I had a good trip. Would stay again.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Victoria is known for being a safe city, even downtown at night. Ocean Island ensures every guest’s security with our locked front door and interior doors, and 24 hour front desk staffing. Also, our front desk staff can assist you with directions if you feel wary of any specific locations downtown. Remember this for next time you come to stay with us! Overall, we hope you enjoyed the city and look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2016

So much fun. 10/10 would recommend. Amazing people and in only 2 nights made so many friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy to hear about your experience with us, and hope to see you back again soon. Take care and happy travels!

3rd Jun 2016

I've stayed here multiple times and I'm never disappointed. The staff is always courteous and helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so pleased to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and would love to have you come back to visit again soon. Take care and happy travels!

2nd Jun 2016

Great hostel in a great part of town. Amazing staff. Very clean. Met some great people.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate all of our guest's feedback, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to see you again with us soon! Safe and happy travels.