Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites

Fabulous 1295 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
7th Feb 2017
5.7

Good enough for a couple of nights. Seem's to be alot of long stayers and locals there.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
30th Jan 2017
6.9

It's a massive building with a hippie vibe. The beds are clean, but the bathrooms are really bad (dirty floors, hairy tubs, and no toilet paper). Warning to those that are allergic to febreeze, they use it a lot.

28th Jan 2017

Located in the heart of Victoria, you have easy access to loads of stuff, you only have to keep your eyes open especially at dark since the area has been object of some local residents' complaints for not being the safest. Friendly staff -a pity I could not stay longer and have some chats- and very high level of cleanliness will make me very likely to come back

16th Jan 2017

It was very busy and my son and I could not be in the same room as we had booked. But the facility was very well managed and the food was really good. I had to stay with three men in a small and very warm room, rather stuffy but I slept well.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
14th Jan 2017
5.4

Please remedy the shower situation. The shower curtain blows around and sticks to you, which besides being unsanitary, allows all the water to flow out of the shower pan onto the floor. Since I had to unexpectedly pay a $9 deposit and $1 payment to rent a towel, I was not inclined to mop up the mess. There were no paper towels in the bathroom either. There was hair in the shower and pee in the toilet. I don't feel we got the value the website indicated. We got a cheap room, for a med/cheap pric

• Canada, Male, 31-40
2nd Jan 2017

Top notch. Couldn't ask for much more at a mere $ 36.00 a night. 10/10 would stay there again.

• Brazil, Male, 18-24
30th Dec 2016

My stay in the hostel was really nice. The location was great! Near one big mall and Jjst 10 or 15 minutes walking of the touristic center. The staff was very nice. The breakfast was only until 10am, so I missed, but they sell a great breakfast at any time you want for $6.95, in the front desk they sell snacks 24/7 for a great price, the only bad thing during my stay was that the hot water wasn't available during one day, when the water heater was broken.

• Chile, Male, 25-30
29th Dec 2016
7.4

Nice and fun, you get what you pay for. It's good to stay for a while as you look for permanent accommodation.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Dec 2016

I had a fantastic time at Ocean Island Inn. The staff were super friendly and really made me feel welcome. They even invited me out to farewell drinks for a coworker of theirs. The rooms were a little cramped but the beds were soft and not rickety. Liked the private bathrooms and free bfast and dinners! Overall an amazing place and would definitely stay there again.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

Everything was great but we unfortunately had to wait for 4 or 5 hours to check in, which changed our plans. Other than having to wait to check in everything was amazing!