Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites Reviews

791 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC, Victoria, Canada

Not great not bad Bathroom was spotless I am 6'3 and bed was too small :(

I love the cafe. The prices and food are fantastic!

• 11th Oct 2014

Our room smelt really musty

Loved the Ocean Island Inn! I found the staff to be very friendly and able to answer any questions I had. The place was very clean and managed very well. Would recommend staying here than anywhere else in Victoria.

Nice hostel, didn't try the bar or the food, but the rooms and facilities were clean and the staff were super helpful.

Stayed two nights 1st week very happy so b'ked same room for Thurs b4 leaving Victoria. BUT given different room at front across corner of building. I felt like I was... sleeping in middle of the intersection.. it was so noisy.. traffic & people talking...even with windows shut all night @ 5am it was shocking. If that had been our first nite we wouldn't have returned. I'm being honest. It needs sound proofing. We love using hostels when traveling & most times have no problems..SORRY!!!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Enjoyed my staff and was quiet..I could sleep

• 19th Sep 2014

Hi there, and thank you for the review! We are all very happy here at Ocean Island Inn to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Safe and happy travels!

I stayed in a private room in this hostel. The location is fine, everything is walkable. It is located next to a homeless shelter and there are many homeless people around. It wasn't a problem but not ideal either. The hostel wasn't overly clean. It was ok. The facilities felt old. The hostel could probably do with an update. My two night stay was enough for me. It was fine overall, not too bad, not too good.

Well equipped kitchen. Open mic was great. Unfortunately no free breakfast and no outside alcohol allowed because they have an own bar. In total a good hostel to stay.

Make a "Any Alcohol found in rooms will be removed sign".

Hi there and thank you for your feedback! Due to British Columbia’s liquor regulations, alcohol is not allowed to be consumed in any public unlicensed areas, including dorm rooms. All liquor must be stored away, which is why we provide lockers in every dorm room. We are sorry about any confusion and hope you had a pleasant stay in Victoria! Safe and happy travels!

Clean,convenient with friendly staff who obliged with extra fan and help with electric switch. However room on Main Street was noisy and warm and if the room had had 5 occupants instead of 3 it would have been very cramped .

Nice room setup, friendly and helpful staff, and close to attractions.

Only stayed one night but enjoyed the stay.

Thanks for taking the time to review us, despite the short stay we are very glad you enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully you had a fun time in Victoria, safe and happy travels!

Enjoyed our stay. Even the weather was great. Thanks

• 4th Sep 2014

The Hostel was amazing and the location was great. But 5 bathrooms on the 4th floor is not enough when the hostel is fully booked.

Hello, and thank you for reviewing us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our location and found our hostel amazing! In most cases six bathrooms on every floor is plenty even during our busy summer times - though they can be quite busy during high traffic times in the early day (such as right before check out). If bathrooms are ever too busy on a floor there are always six more on the next floor! Safe and happy travels.

Nice place. Good value for money. Pleasant staff. Very convenient bike storage. The room was very small, which isn't a problem for me, but might be for others. I will stay here again next time I am in Victoria.

Hostel has a pub on the ground floor, which is good for meeting people, still its not too noisy if u wanna sleep. rooms are small but clean (bathrooms too). staff was very friendly. would definititely recommend this hostel.

The rooms are incredibly small here. I also had someone in the room that was working at the hostel at the time and their stuff was EVERYWHERE, so combined with a small room this was not ideal. Perhaps those working at the hostel should room together and not with guests. Otherwise the location and facilities were really good, the bathrooms were very clean which was great. I don;t think there are many hostel options in Victoria and given this I would probably stay again.

Hi! We’re glad you enjoyed our very clean bathrooms, facilities and central location! Our dorms are a bit smaller, but with only 4-6 guests in each one we feel that they’re spacious enough. We sometimes have staff stay with us until they find more permanent accommodations but it’s reasonable that all guests in a dorm keep their belongings neat and tidy. It’s our policy to ensure that this is the case but we will speak to our housekeepers to ensure this is fully happening. Happy travels.

Nice place and area, simple to walk to everything around Vic Downtown Room was pretty small, but I was wondering that I got a 4 Bedroom not 6 ;) U will have a big Lock so enough space for ur stuff, also the own fridge was pretty good Kitchen are big enough, to cook for ur self Staff are friendly and helpful The Bar and Restaurant are very cheap for Vic area and also good quality

Hello and thanks for letting us know how we did. We are glad our facilities, location, cleanliness, food quality and storage made your stay enjoyable. We also offer many different types of rooms for different budgets, please don’t hesitate to inquiry about them. We hope to see you back in Victoria. Safe and happy travels.

real nice hostel. I had a good time there, but this always depends on the people. It is about 4km away from downtown Whistler so it depends what u do there. Nice lakes around for swimming.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4