Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites

Fabulous 1503 Total Reviews

• mackay1985
  • Scotland, Male, 31-40
6.0

Location was good, near the main areas of the city but the rooms where average from what I could tell and having a fridge in the room is not ideal as they do make a noise and the beds where again average and have slept in far better beds but overall decent but nothing that would make me want to stay there again.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
5.7

I was only there a few hours, just to sleep, and that's when I got robbed in my sleep. No security cams in hallways even, my purse with all of my belongings were taken from me! I was in so much distraught and tears I should have got staff to help me look in the dorm further or search others better, they said the cameras couldnt really see anything as they are blurry. I made a police report and went through the trash, all my money and IDs, wallet, all gone. My experience there was horrible then

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
20th Sep 2017

Nice location and cute little bar. The free meals and a drink was a nice touch too. I'd definitely stay again. The only thing was there was no paper towel or anything like that to dry your hands in the bathroom. . So a lot of people didn't even bother washing their hands.. gross !!!

• lisafflur37284
  • Wales, Female, 18-24
18th Sep 2017

Ocean Island is an ideal place to stay in the lovely city of Victoria. Great place to meet people, convenient location and staff are friendly and helpful!

17th Sep 2017

Awesome and helpful staffs and the best things are you get free breakfast, dinner and a discount on whale watching tours. Would stay again!

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Sep 2017

Good location, very comfortable.

Hey there! Thanks for your wonderful review about your stay here. Great to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you liked our location. Our location certainly allows easy access to many tourist areas and also to public transport! We want to thank you for staying with us, hope you enjoyed Victoria and would like to see you back with us soon. Happy travelling!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Sep 2017

Was a great place to stay!!

• Morocco, Male, 25-30
8.0

Decent place to stay, worst breakfast ever but it's cheap n clean at least.

Hey there and thanks for your review. Seems like you had an overall good stay with us, but we are sorry to hear you didn't like our breakfast. We normally receive great reviews about our breakfast because of the many choices we offer such as toast, oatmeal, waffles, eggs & fresh fruit. Still, we hope you enjoyed beautiful Victoria and would like to wish you safe travels! :)

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6.9

Get what you pay for. Not a very nice location but if you walk about 5-10 minutes you are in a nicer area of downtown. Our room was way too small, but if you want to keep the cost low then it is doable. Staff was not very helpful with some of their inquiries about the guest discounts. Neither of the people at the desk could answer my question and even gave me false information. Maybe they were new? So come prepared or with questions with backed up information. Overall pretty nice environment.

Hi there! Thanks for your review here on Hostelworld. Even though it seems like you had a good overall stay, we are sorry to hear that you didn't like the room, location and that our staff wasn't helpful during your stay. We do apologize that you found your room on the small side. Our mini double rooms are ideally meant for the single traveler and we do relay this to guests at time of reserving the room on Hostelworld. As for our location, we are ideally located in downtown Victoria and close to several points of interest. However, Victoria does have some of the same social problems most modern cities struggle with such as homelessness. Still, Victoria is known for being a safe city, even downtown at night. Furthermore, Ocean Island ensures every guest’s security with our locked front door and interior doors, and 24 hour front desk staffing. As for your questions about guest discounts, we are sorry that our staff was not clear on this. We normally receive great comments about our staff, especially on their knowledge of Victoria and recommendations. Furthermore, we checked if all of our discounts were still valid last June and updated them accordingly. All in all, we hope that you enjoyed the beautiful city of Victoria. Happy travels! :)

• Australia, Male, 31-40
6th Sep 2017

This would have to be one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.. Everything from the staff to the fast wifi was so great. The hostel has a bar with great drink offers with lots of people sitting around just talking to each other.. Its not often you see a hostel that ticks all the boxes, this is one of them..

Hi there! Thanks so much for this great review! We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. We all work hard to give our guests the Ocean Island experience, which should be friendly, social & fun, and it sounds like you just got that. Thanks again for staying with us and please come back again soon :) Happy travelling!

×