Ocean View Reviews

Rua Armacoes De Pesca Lote 21, Lagos algarve, Lagos, Portugal

Great facilities and the beach or town not too far to walk. Breakfast was the best ive had in my whole travels. The only problem is you can only consume alchohol that is purchased at the hostel. That was the only let down.

The best thanks miguel !!!!

• 27th Sep 2014

Nice beaches near. Very friendly house and staff. Very good breakfast.

Great bathroom! Breakfast is amazing!

Great hostel, loved it. Breakfast was the best! Little far out of town but well worth it!

Great place! Nice pool, bar and open air area. Terrace is very nice as well! Prices for drinks are super cheap. The dinner is absolutely worth 5€ and a great way to dine. Really liked it! Good breakfast too!!! Very good place to recover from travelling.

It's an okay hostel, very close to the beach (10min), but really far from the city center. Breakfasts are really good though. However, you can't bring your own alcohol, which sucks. And agreeing with past comments about the owner, you never know how he will react... Overall okay if you want a break from partying.

If you want to be treated like a pest that is begrugenly being tolerated then,by all means, stay here. I was greeted by the guy who mimicked/mocked me as I excitedly said hello to him. I literally had to laugh when I was showed my room. It was the attic which I couldn't even stand up in(I'm 5ft 5in), had to put my fingure thru the lock hole to open the door. Yelled at when I didn't sit where he wanted me to @ breakfast. Leaky shower so bad it filled the bathroom and electric outlet. SCAREY/LAME!

People without any level does not deserve any response

The location is not the best but you get very good value for yout money. For example, if you want to go out a lot its a bit far from the city center. If you dont mind the distance, its about 20 min walk. The breakfast is very good and the pool place as well. The room we had was missing a few important things such as mirrors and a garbage. Last thing is the noise but I guess the building is old. We heard everything all the time, from talking to door closing. Overall we had a good stay.

• 25th Jun 2014

Very good'

• 25th Jun 2014

BEST PLACE! loved every second. ignore the other reviews saying the owner is a little weird, his a legend! great value for money and a wonderful feeling of a home away from home

• 20th Jun 2014

Positive: Best breakfast I've ever had. Negative: The hostel owner was very unfriendly when I had to ask if he could repeat his answer (i am heard of hearing). Also one morning he came to my bed while I was still in pyjama and asked me if I dont want to have breakfast and then he touched my hair. -.- That's why I CANNOT recommend this hostel to women who travel by their own.

I've heard all kinds of comments, but as sordid as this ever. I fondly as I do with all clients, I will ask if they want to have breakfast, because it's after hours, and you want to accuse me of harassment, this is crazy. do you have serious problems.

very happy with our stay, great rooms great swimming pool.Owner is great and he provided the best breakfast we've had in portugal. highly recommended !!!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing breakfast and the dinner every night was so good. Thanks for everything :)

thank you nice to meet you and your boy :)

I really enjoyed my time here. Though the hostel is not located in the center of lagos, it's close to the nicer beaches and the walk to town is 15 minutes. I enjoyed being in a quieter part of lagos, and there was a great group of travelers staying at the same time as us. Miguel is great (the owner) and we loved the food! (5euro for dinner- GReAT deal).

Oh, thank you very much for your comment, it was a pleasure to meet you, it's always a pleasure to have good people here. clean, tidy, respectful, polite, never is need to ask for anything. thank you again

The staff is a little weird, but it's worth it

• 10th Jun 2014

This hostel was very out of the way. If you want to be near the center of old town, do not stay here. Walking home at 3 in the morning was not fun considering it took about 30 minutes. There are other hostels that are in much better locations for better prices.

Positives: - New building - Nice breakfast - Nice common space - Swimming pool - For 5 Euros dinner Negatives: - The Staff (probably owner) is very proud of his hostel and each time he is giving you the face that it is his and you are only trash which is in his house - One bathroom for 1 floor is not enough - Impossible locked your room - Special rules as you can not put your alcohol to fridge, you can not use kitchen between 8:30-9:30

• 31st May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Thanks for your comment. you rented a dorm, not a room privato, the bedrooms have no key, but have lockers where you can store things of value. is that you come with an air of superiority, I just talked to you, check-in was done by his colleagues, always spoken in portuguese, do not know what they told you, because you do not speak portuguese. we have cheap drinks at low cost, will not need to fill the fridge with drinks, and even then was flouted the rules, very noisy, and messy, it was almost

Excellent value for money, very good breakfast and rooms, but staff a bit sour.

Great pool area and upstairs rooftop terrace. Great homemade dinners at 5 euro each. He makes a really good sangria at 4.50 euro a 1 litre jug! Breakfast was included - freshly squeezed orate juice, rolls with ham and cheese and cereals and coffee. It is not in the town, but is easy to walk into town in 15 mins or so either through the streets or along the cliff tops, and is located near some great beaches you might not see if you were staying right in the town. Great value for money.