Odyssee Globetrotter Hostel Reviews

Grunberger Strasse 23, 10243, Berlin, Germany

The hostel is very clean and nice to stay. The only weak point is that staff could not help us much about Berlin nightlife and other entertainment places to go.

I would not recommend solo travelers to stay here, plain and simple. If you're traveling with a group, then this is a satisfactory place to stay. The staff and atmosphere were subpar at best. To each their own, but other hostels work hard to create a vibrant and friendly atmosphere, but this place is a simple and no frills kind of hostel. If you're not looking for atmosphere, stay here because it is affordable, awesome location and great facilities, I wouldn't recommend it for a solo traveler.

The hostel was more than adequate for the price. It was reasonably quiet, comfortable and very clean. Staff were also friendly. Contrary to the reviews here - the lock (for the locker) and the bedsheets were free, they just required a €3 deposit each (which was refunded on return without any problems).

• 7th May 2014
  • New Zealand

I stayed in a 22 bed dorm for a few days and it was great. You get a decent amount of privacy, clean bathrooms and friendly staff.

Great location, cheap good value breakfast, spacious rooms, nice showers. Should consider putting an age limit found there to be lots of strange older people who brought down the atmosphere

We stayed in the big 22 bed dorm which was set up well with lockers underneath the beds and a light and power socket. The kitchen was excellent with an oven, hotplate, microwave, fridge and everything you could need and the location was okay; close to the metro and four or so stops from the centre of town. Now for downsides. The bar is the meeting place for some wierd punk group of older men. The staff are really rude unless youre part of this club. Good value for a bed but go out to meet people

pros: rooms are very well thought through with power-charges and a light at every bed. the rooms are very big and theres alot of space so you don't step on eachothers as in other hostels. theres a huge locker under every bed to store your suitcase. the all you can eat breakfast for €3.- is cool. contras: the common room isnt very cozy in my opinion, couldn't meet alot of other travellers. my room only had curtains, so there was too much light to sleep when you come home in the morning/noon/after

Great place, met a lot of people here. Location is good, nice place. Good breakfast, decent showers, beds, bar. I would come here again.

pretty awesome place in general but gosh the paintings on the walls were ugly as hell. My room 317 had a half finished anime chick on one wall and a malformed mushroom kid on the other, both looked like bad examples of deviantart

Not much going on in terms of atmosphere. If I was a lone traveller, I would not stay here. Staff were fine but not as I pictured for a hostel as they were far from engaging. Good value for money and decent location.

Staffs were really nice and kind, and they gave us new linen of beds so it was clean. Also the price also quite reasonable. But the only thing I dissatisfied with was the shower room. It seems like there were only three shower rooms at one floor, and there was no space for clothes during shower, so we had to get out of the shower room being naked. And it didn't drain well, so we had to clean the hairs ourselves. Except this thing, everything was good.

No kitchen, not allowed to bring in your own food/drinks. That might not bother some, but if you are trying to save money, staying in a hostel that lets you cook your own food is important!

To your Information ! we have a guest kitchen ! Open for everyone from 08:00 am till 10:00 pm. Better ask if you need something and not writting wrong statements. regards the Odyssee Team

The hostel was great, the only "negative" thing was a bed in the room a little bit too noisy that could make hard to fall asleep. Wifi too poor in the room, but all the rest was great, it was already the second time for me in that hostel and I would come back again!

• 20th Feb 2014

Great location and friendly staff. Good breakfast too!

Awesome hostel, good price, the staff are legends! Nice vibe around the bar, and it's heaps close to Berghain :D

1 2 Next » last »