Odyssee Globetrotter Hostel Reviews

Grunberger Strasse 23, 10243, Berlin, Germany

Only one key per room and the lockers are very narrow and noisy. Beds decent. has a good smoking area and courtyard + an awesome kitchen. Staff were ok, only one guy was ever actually really helpful though. Atmosphere was pretty low when I was here (Xmas!) and it was a littl hard to meet people here, although they do have some good common areas and a pool table. Ok location (better for clubbing I think), but the nearest metro is still a good 10/15 minute walk. Would probably recommend for groups

The Location is hard to beat - but still I wouldn't recommend this hostel to solo travelers looking to meet people. It seems to be mainly taken on by groups and there could be a bit more effort undertaken by staff to organize events or connect people. Clean though and big rooms. One minus: only one key per room which needs to be handed over to reception upon leaving the hostel.

good hostel for the low price

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Slovenia

Odyssee has great environment and is totally integrated in the urban/artistic culture of the city. It's right in Friedrichshain -- one of the most exciting neighborhoods of Berlin -- and very close to one of the best clubs there is: Berghain. For people that were looking to have fun and party as we were, it was excellent. The staff was very helpful during our stay and were kind enough to keep a some belongings I left behind and post it to me by mail. Very pleasant stay!

This hostel is very nice and cosy. The atmosphere is quiet in a romantic building and inside the design is a sort of pirate-theme, very original. The hostel is just 2 minutes walk from U bahn Frankfurter Tor and attached to tram numer 10 just outside the hostel. It was very comfortable as I love the east side. You can reach every point of the city in few minutes. I was in a double room and my bed was comfortable. It was very clean. I recommend it as a very nice cheap hostel with chill atmosphere

Just weird that there's only one key for the whole room and not a key per person. It can be inconvenient.

Excellent location- within walking distance of both the metro system and the clubs/party area of Warschauer Straße and Revaler Straße- not to mention Berghain. The rooms were clean and the staff was rather friendly. The kitchen is large and has a nice, long table that allows people to socialize at the same time. It was a bit frustrating that the kitchen closed at 22:00 (even though it's understandable, consider closing at 23:00 instead). Having a bar is a definite plus. I'd recommend to others

Really rude staff, ruined an otherwise really clean, nice hostel. Shame, ended up going to another hostel to party.

Pretty cool hostel that is good value for money. The 22 bed dorm room is really well set out. Probably the best set out dorm room I've ever stayed in.

Nice hostel, great location, nice dorms, but some of the staff we're a bit frosty.

Very clean and well located hostel. Staff was helpful. The design of it was cool and it overall was well worth the price.

Staff were not that interactive. Location of the hostel is not so convenient. Place lacks life. I was expecting it to be more happening.

The hostel is located in a perfect neighborhood for seeing the city, getting good food, and is walking distance to all the worthwhile clubs. The staff were fine, and helpful whenever I had a question. The common room was a great place to meet people, and there's even an outdoor smoking room. The rooms themselves were clean and spacious enough, with lots of storage room. Next time I'm in Berlin I'll stay here for sure.

The staff is friendly, helpful, and fun. It's a great place to meet people if you're travelling alone, but it's also big enough that it's fine to come as a group. The hostel is close to so many cool places in Berlin and it has SO MUCH CHARACTER. I'll definitely be back.

1 2 Next » last »