Oh So Indie House Hostel Reviews

Apartment 21, Floor 3, 20, Povarskaya Street, Arbatskaya, Moscow, Russia

Highly highly recommended hostel. The staff were very friendly and most helpful, 24 hour reception desk with a lot of knowledge and amazing english. The hostel was very welcoming and had a large common area. Wifi was a bit iffy sometimes but always came back within a minute and the shower stalls a little small for easy maneuvering, but these were only small issues. The beds were comfy with European plugs and lights in each cubby. V. close to main street and tourist attractions. Defs stay again!

I would not return. For people who need to rest in order to get up early to make a tourist route is as well hard in this hostel, the staff consists of one person is usually absent and there is no one who watch or keep the order. In the night several people come making noise, sleep are interrupted several times.

• 30th Dec 2015

Very nice hostel! Wonderfull staff - very friendly nd all of them speak very well english! Nice atmosphere...felt like staying at a friend's appartment! Thank u for the nice accomodation!

The Hostel is so terrible, don't go there!!! The only positive aspect it is near the center but: - The rooms are dirty - The door is on the back side of the house so that you don't can find it easily - In the private rooms are no windows - The Hostel has a "Taxi Service" which means that they don't call you a normal taxi, they call you a taxi for which they let you pay the doubled price directly in the hostel, at the taxi driver they give only a part of the money. - Kitchen is dirty +old

• 27th Dec 2015

From guest point of view, we sincerely and truly apologise for any inconvenience/anger caused to you because of us during your stay. But from basic humanity viewpoint, we think that your comments/ratings are not only disparaging and unfair but hope that with time you will be able to realize how immatured and deplorable they are. Unfortunately this is how it is. Anyways as our guest we are again really sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.

nice helpfull staff. great location. place felt like home. nice couch to lounge on.

• 21st Nov 2015

I was only here between 3 AM and 9 AM, so I'm not sure if my review should count very strongly. But I liked the beds, which kind of reminded me of the capsule inns in Japan. When I was checking out there was no staff to be found, but checkin was easy and I left a note which was apparently fine since I didn't hear anything about it ;) The location is also quite good at walking distance from the Red Square and a metro station. Good experience :)

Good location, you can walk to the metro easily. Safe neighborhood, no traffic noise. Anna was very friendly and remembered my name straight away which was lovely. The 6 bed female dorm is a bit expensive considering you have the same bathroom as the 16 bed dorm. The showers need updating, a bit of rust and mould make them quite unappealing, plus there was not always hot water. Bed has privacy curtains, really comfy mattress and soft sheets so I slept well. Not a place to make new friends though

I should notice that I was stay in private room for $35 that is why I marked value for money as poor. I used sharing shower and this was the first hostel in my practice where I should change dress inside the shower because of the strange idea to locate 3 showers and toilets in one space for man and woman. The locks on the showers are very old and it is hard to fix the door closed. Wash-bowles are fixed so high –– every time when you try to wash face you'll be wet. The location is perfect.

Avoid this place! Good location and good internet is all I can say. It was really messy and dirty. I can't even talk about the bathroom it was so awful. The place was chaotic and the hosts were often no where to be found. There was a strange atmosphere to the whole place. It seems as though lost of people have been living there for some time, some even regularly sleeping in the communal areas.

The hostel is very good located, just a few minutes walk from the Arbatskaya metro station and Kremlin. All around there are plenty of shops and restaurants. All staff was really friendly and helpful, they fluent in English. Rooms and a common area were clean, nice - as on the pictures. The toilets and showers were also clean, but definitely need of renovation... The only things I did not like: wifi was rather slow and the hostel is not marked, it is hard to find from the street.

It is very close to the red square and the Cremlin, so it is very conveninet for sightseeing. The entrance is a difficult to find, as you will have to go through a parking lot, and it can be scary at night. The elevators were not working, and it was hard to go up to the third floor with a heavy suitcase. However, very friendly staff, good kitchen to cook, and basic facilities you would want at a hostel is there. Suitable for people finding a place near the sites, with a cheap price.

A nice hostel with a great location! Staff is really helpful.

The single bedrooms are joke. So are the tiny toilets.