Oh So Indie House Hostel Reviews

Apartment 21, Floor 3, 20, Povarskaya Street, Arbatskaya, Moscow, Russia

That staff are amazing! They went out of their way several times to help me!

mixte and very small and dirty the shower and kitchen

Arrive at the hostel seemed kind of hard because no one spoke English. But they facilitated and helped with everything before. We went out at night. I enjoyed the stay. =]

The place was hard to find but quite near the metro station and the norwegian embassy. There's a supermarket not far from here and several banks and a post office. Staff were nice but the bathroom was a bit small.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Great location and amazing staff. The kitchen is fully equipped but the bathroom, although clean, could be better.

After 1 year of travelling in Asia, I expected somewhere nice to stay in Moscow when I'm paying this much money. This place is NOT a backpacker hostel, it's a hostel for people living/working in Moscow who have no desire to socialise. When I arrived all the doors were left wide open, no one to check me in, laptops laying around everywhere, totally dirty kitchen. They didn't tell me that after 11am you have to use a different entrance so I was left banging on the backdoor for 30 mins. Shambles.

It a good choice while considering its rent. Though shower-room is small, it is enough clean.

Great Staff :) awesome location and a great place if you want to meet fellow travellers!

Location is perfect: easy to find, many shops and restaurants around, close to the attractions. The bed was super comfy, and free coffee was a nice touch. Hostel staff was really nice and helpful! I definitely recommend this hostel!

This place has a very weird bathroom, which needs to be totally redone.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Russia

You can't beat the location! Just a stones throw from the kremlin and the arbat! The staff is super friendly, good mix of locals and tourists. Wonderful kitchen and common areas. Comfortable beds, easy and cheap to have laundry done, great wi-fi, I would highly recommend it! Heidi - USA

• 22nd Jun 2014

Very good location, and hostel is inside a very nice building!! Rooms are really crowded but no facilities to organise your stuff.keep it orderly otherwise chaos is very likely to result. Staff is extremely helpful and nice. Also the common room s great with tv and big sofa. because it was so crowded however i was happy i only stayed for one night.

Hostel is well located to all the major attractions. Friendly staff. A big living room nice and cosy. A reasonable size kitchen. The toilet seats are a bit higher then ground level. A wooden stand at the toilet seat level should resolve the problem. Minor improvements and management would raise its standard further. I met some nice people and had a good time with my special cooking lesson and food. I would recommend this hostel.

Great atmosphere. Good wifi. 2-3km from red square. Tight fitting toilets/small showers. Nice place to stay generally!

The airport transfer services that are offered at an additional expense are shameful. I waited in the airport for one hour before my driver decided to show. When it came time to leave, my scheduled taxi never arrived and there was not a single staff member on duty (between 7-8am). Luckily, I rang the doorbell and soon someone arrived. A staff member had to drive me himself and I arrived with 6 minutes before the gate closed. Single room is too expensive for just a bed, nightstand, and mirror.

The hostel is located in the center of Moscow very close to the red square, bars, and restaurants. The staff Anastasia and the owner were very nice and helpful. The 10 bed dorm I stayed in had comfortable beds, that give great privacy due to the their set up. My only complaints would be that the showers are a very small, making it hard to change without getting your clothes wet. Also it seems too easy to get in the hostel through the back door. I definitely recommend and wished I stayed longer.

Very central hostel, in a beautiful appartement building, with a big, relaxing common room and beds that secure your privacy

Nice hostel, with the feeling of a studenthouse. The staff is very kind and helpfull! The atmosphere is relax and there was a nice mix of people from many countries. If you go to Moscow, this is a very good place to stay!

Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Location was excellent. I really can suggest this lovely hostel.

I felt in home in this hostel. The staffs make everything to you feel comfortable. If you are traveling alone as I was, this is a perfect place to meet people, it's like a big family there. Excellent location, good atmosphere and comfortable bedroom. When I come back in Moscow I will stay there again!