Oh So Indie House Hostel Reviews

Apartment 21, Floor 3, 20, Povarskaya Street, Arbatskaya, Moscow, Russia

fantastic place. very cosy atmosphere. the building is very old and beautiful. great value for money and great location.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Очень дружелюбная атмосфера, удобное расположение. Чисто и комфортно, рекомендую!

This is a lovely quaint hostel in a historical building. The staff are very friendly and always on hand to help out. The common area is a good spot to lounge around in the evening after exploring the city. The location is perfect, a short stroll to the Red Square and there is a big supermarket nearby. The kitchen could have better utensils (more knifes and pots) and maybe some mats for the showers but otherwise a good value for money hostel with lots of character. Thanks! Ana&Liam

The best hostel i've ever been! Very friendly and responsive staff, great atmosphere. There are all, what you want to see in hostel, it's the best combination of price and quality.

I had a great time in Moscow thanks to my stay in this hostel, definitely one of the best I ever been. Staff was just great!

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

I had a great stay at this hostel. It is very well located for the Kremlin, Red Square and one of the main shopping/eating malls. The owner and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and indeed make this hostel a pleasant place to stay. I would stay here again.

Decent hostel. A bit tricky to find it even with the directions the hostel sent (mainly because we had to enter through the courtyard rather than the main door), but I got there in the end. Location is excellent and staff was friendly.

Great hostel, very nice beds, nice staff, great location... would stay there again.

I stayed at the hostel actually for quite a long time, a few weeks, while doing business in Moscow. The location is great- a few minutes' walk from New Arbat, the equivalent of NYC's Times Square. However, it is quiet inside, and the nicest thing was the privacy: every bed, even in the dorms, has a curtain on it, so you have your own little space. The staff are nice, on holidays there are small celebrations that they put on for the guests. The owner is very friendly and helpful. Recommended!

I really love this Hostel. People here are so nice and friendly. They are ready to help anytime. And here I feel so convineint. The shopping mall and the super market is nearby. And metro is just a few minutes to walk. By the way, you can also walk to Kremlin for sight seeing. I really love this hostel. I recommend it to everyone who comes to Moscow.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • China

Nice staff, good location, but the thing that really bothered me was the fact that the hostel was packed with young Russians that worked every day. So at around 6 the snoozing would start and at night there was nobody there to do anything, because they either didn't talk to you or went to bed early. Also little things, like no pin's to hang the shower head from. Maybe this is better in the summer, but i advise them to maybe make it two different things: a summer and a winter name for the hostel

I loved the hostel. Staff friendly, travellers very nice (I knew too many people from different parts of the world, including USA, Germany, Russia, Belarus, Australia, Brazil, India, Armenia) and excellent location. The hostel is comfortable, good price and clean. Staff are too helpful about how to enjoy the trip in Moscow. I recommend for everyone. I will be back soon to Indie hostel. I really appreciated to be there.

Great hostel in the centre!! Historic place which is great to spent time. Also meeting people from around the world! I can recommend it to everyone who wants to visit Moscow.

• 8th Jan 2014

Great location and good common area. A little hard to find ( keep a map - from subway station to the hostel). Walk distance to the Kremilin. Friendly and helpful staff. Bathroom facilities could be imporved. As well as availability of lockers.

One of the best I have ever stayed in. The staff helped me a lot, everything else was just great! I would reccommend this place for anyone going to Moscow. My deepest thanks to all of you!

if you go to moscow you must stay here!!! amazing hostess,perfect location, familiar atmosphere and cozy ambience. i just have to say that i had an wonderful time and thanks for all the kidness

Great, helpful and friendly staff in this quite young hostel. 50% of the people staying in the hostel are Russians and the other 50% are young people working temporarily in Moscow or travellers. The hostel building is a nice old building and the rooms have high ceilings (good for bunk beds) which are designed beautifully. The hostel is close to the metro station and also located next to Arbat and Novy Arbat. I highly recommend this place for travellers!

• 21st Nov 2013

My first time staying in a Russian hostel but here it goes: Staff were amazing! They were not only superhelpful with everything but they went above and beyond any expectations I had. The hostel is centrally located,10 min from a metro station. It was hard to find so make sure you know where you going by calling them first! Many travelers stay in this hostel as well as some locals who live there long term. They were all very friendly though so don't let that scare you! WiFi was acceptable.

It is very well located, but it is not very easy to find the entrance the first time, as there are no signs of the hostel outside. There were a lot of flies in the kitchen (quite a lot). But they are pretty friendly and helpful. I enjowed it.

Heart of Moscow. Very secure location. in front of it there are two embassies. 2-3 min walking to old arbat and metro station. easy to find. 10 min walk to redsquare and shopping districts. room wasnt crowded and quite. common room is good place to hang out and meet with people. owners are eager to help whatever you ask. dont miss to visit famous metro stations.