Oh So Indie House Hostel Reviews

Apartment 21, Floor 3, 20, Povarskaya Street, Arbatskaya, Moscow, Russia

nice helpfull staff. great location. place felt like home. nice couch to lounge on.

• 21st Nov 2015

I was only here between 3 AM and 9 AM, so I'm not sure if my review should count very strongly. But I liked the beds, which kind of reminded me of the capsule inns in Japan. When I was checking out there was no staff to be found, but checkin was easy and I left a note which was apparently fine since I didn't hear anything about it ;) The location is also quite good at walking distance from the Red Square and a metro station. Good experience :)

Good location, you can walk to the metro easily. Safe neighborhood, no traffic noise. Anna was very friendly and remembered my name straight away which was lovely. The 6 bed female dorm is a bit expensive considering you have the same bathroom as the 16 bed dorm. The showers need updating, a bit of rust and mould make them quite unappealing, plus there was not always hot water. Bed has privacy curtains, really comfy mattress and soft sheets so I slept well. Not a place to make new friends though

I should notice that I was stay in private room for $35 that is why I marked value for money as poor. I used sharing shower and this was the first hostel in my practice where I should change dress inside the shower because of the strange idea to locate 3 showers and toilets in one space for man and woman. The locks on the showers are very old and it is hard to fix the door closed. Wash-bowles are fixed so high –– every time when you try to wash face you'll be wet. The location is perfect.

Avoid this place! Good location and good internet is all I can say. It was really messy and dirty. I can't even talk about the bathroom it was so awful. The place was chaotic and the hosts were often no where to be found. There was a strange atmosphere to the whole place. It seems as though lost of people have been living there for some time, some even regularly sleeping in the communal areas.

The hostel is very good located, just a few minutes walk from the Arbatskaya metro station and Kremlin. All around there are plenty of shops and restaurants. All staff was really friendly and helpful, they fluent in English. Rooms and a common area were clean, nice - as on the pictures. The toilets and showers were also clean, but definitely need of renovation... The only things I did not like: wifi was rather slow and the hostel is not marked, it is hard to find from the street.

It is very close to the red square and the Cremlin, so it is very conveninet for sightseeing. The entrance is a difficult to find, as you will have to go through a parking lot, and it can be scary at night. The elevators were not working, and it was hard to go up to the third floor with a heavy suitcase. However, very friendly staff, good kitchen to cook, and basic facilities you would want at a hostel is there. Suitable for people finding a place near the sites, with a cheap price.

A nice hostel with a great location! Staff is really helpful.

The single bedrooms are joke. So are the tiny toilets.

They need to refloor the room and repair bathroom. It's nessesery to renovated. Wi - fi doesn't work in the room number 16. But maybe it's smart trick. Becourse it works as well in common area. There are so many people from whole world and awesome atmosphere. Anyway I recominded this hostel. It's one of the favorites in Moscow.

Very friendly staff, very helpfull. I slept in the dorm with 15 others, and in the night everyone was really quiet and the bed was nice. The location is perfect, because the hostel is located right near the famous Arbatstreet and in a 15 minute walk, you'll find yourself on the Red Square, amazing!

Good place for night staying in the Moscow city center. But not cheap for small room without window ;)

Place was fine, though in need of a little TLC I thought. If you are looking for a place within walking distance of major sights and value for money this hostel is right for you.

The hostel was extremely hard to find, and the descrption they gave was very poor. The toilets and showers are tiny and leave absolutely no room for movement at all, and the beds, although comfy, are in rooms that don't have enough space for all persons with baggage etc. Although it wasn't the worst hostel I've stayed at, I wouldn't stay there again.

Nice place with plenty of information about the subway, tours etc. Staff were always helpful and the atmosphere was decent. I like the capsule style beds in the big rooms. Oh and they have a piano and guitar!

We stayed in a clean private room. Clean linen and towels. Kitchen well equipped. Bathrooms and Toilets very clean. Free tea and coffee, sugar, sometimes cookies too. Spacious Lounge with a piano, large couch, two computers. Alexandra went out of her way to make our stay special and very comfortable, even helping with luggage Close to the Arbat Street which has restaurants, Bureau de Change and Hypermarket. 750 Roubles per person for registration, at St. Petersburg just Roubles 150.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • India
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great environment! Staff is very warm and friendly. (Shout-out to Sasha at the desk!) It seemed to me that everyone spoke English fluently. The kitchen has what you need to make a basic meal-- pots and pans, oil, salt... I booked a Single Private room and was displeased to find, when I arrived, that it had no windows and was stuffy. However, leaving my door open for a little while was enough for it to be perfectly comfortable, especially when things cooled down at night. Would stay again!

Really cosy! Loved how involved the staff are with socialising etc and always so so helpful, would definitely recommend! Thanks for having us :)