Oh So Indie House Hostel Reviews

Apartment 21, Floor 3, 20, Povarskaya Street, Arbatskaya, Moscow, Russia

Nice place with plenty of information about the subway, tours etc. Staff were always helpful and the atmosphere was decent. I like the capsule style beds in the big rooms. Oh and they have a piano and guitar!

We stayed in a clean private room. Clean linen and towels. Kitchen well equipped. Bathrooms and Toilets very clean. Free tea and coffee, sugar, sometimes cookies too. Spacious Lounge with a piano, large couch, two computers. Alexandra went out of her way to make our stay special and very comfortable, even helping with luggage Close to the Arbat Street which has restaurants, Bureau de Change and Hypermarket. 750 Roubles per person for registration, at St. Petersburg just Roubles 150.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • India
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great environment! Staff is very warm and friendly. (Shout-out to Sasha at the desk!) It seemed to me that everyone spoke English fluently. The kitchen has what you need to make a basic meal-- pots and pans, oil, salt... I booked a Single Private room and was displeased to find, when I arrived, that it had no windows and was stuffy. However, leaving my door open for a little while was enough for it to be perfectly comfortable, especially when things cooled down at night. Would stay again!

Really cosy! Loved how involved the staff are with socialising etc and always so so helpful, would definitely recommend! Thanks for having us :)

Thank you! My stay here was wonderful. The staff was extremely fruendly, helpful, and answered all my questions.

• 8th May 2015

Nice staff and great location. However, many people were living at the hostel and the atmosphere was terrible. The bathroom wasn't good as well.

We stayed only for a night... In our opinion not recommendable for long staying. Anastasia (front desk) is very helpful. Very hard to find, check how to get there before losing wifi connection ;) More like a "pension" for ppl that works in Moscow than a backpacker hostel... Although all of them very friendly. Maybe this is because of the low season.

First of all, the hosts are very very nice. The location is perfect, just a 10 minute walk to the Kremlin and it's just one street you walk. The bathroom and shower was a bit small, but I had no complaints because the hostel is very affordable. They send out international postcards for you and I sent out 6 for about 5 US dollars. My friends and parents will love it when they get them. I only stayed for one night but thank you for taking care of me! I will be back.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • South Korea

The hostel was pretty good, I stayed there with some friends and the staff was really kind and always trying to help. The bathroom some times stopped to have hot water and the security is ok, In general i definitely like and would recommend.