Okachimachi Station Hotel Reviews

3-15-3 Taito, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a little weird to leave the room key at the front desk and to take it back, all I had to tell them was my room number, which is why I would say the security isn't the best. The location is near Akihabara and Ueno Station, so you're pretty close to a famous shopping/gaming area as well as 2 train hubs. We basically lived in our room while we were there, so the cleaning folks couldn't get in to clean, but they left us clean towels and robes.

• 26th May 2014

Great service. If I were to go to Tokyo next time I must stay this hotel again.

Has the stink of stale cigarette smoke you associate with such venues in Japan, but otherwise did the job, albeit in a very compact way (ie the room and shower were tiny).

Great price and only 30 minute walk to Akihabara or Ueno. The capsules are huge and come with a TV and safe. I had enough room to keep a suitcase and backpack in mine while sleeping in it. There are plenty of toilets and sinks on the capsule floor and everything is very clean. The downside is that for the capsules, you have to use the onsen. it's very nice but only open from 4pm-4am. This can be a problem if you spent the night drinking and come back either too late or too drunk to bathe.

Perfectly fine for my one night stay, everything was as I expected, no major complaints. Shower room should really be open later than 8am though...

Very small rooms (but quite nice and clean for all that). Okachimachi is a good part of the city as there is an interesting market nearby, as well as lots of good noodle shops etc. The hotel is only about fifteen minutes from the JR station, and even closer to the underground One last thing: I was about two hours late checking out on my last day. According to the price list in the lobby, this should have attracted an extra charge, however this was refused despite my offering it. Much appreciated

It was a place to sleep, if you don't mind to much about the atmosphere. It was no place to stay or even relax.

Very friendly staff, small but compact rooms, very clean. Generally a good hotel, only downside was it was a little hard to find, and ended up wandering past the door a few times.

The "baths" are male only so we did not/could not try them out. The room/ bathroom is typically japanese size ie small. No fridge..Microwave/computers near reception. Close to underground and JR station makes it a handy location -also easy for Haneda airport. Close to museums, parks, restaurants.

• 17th Mar 2014