Okinawa Guest House KERAMA Reviews

3-12-21 Maejima Naha Okinawa, Okinawa, Japan

The only good things with this hostel are the location and the price. Anyone can walk in, the dirtiness is amazing (clump of hair in the shower for days, floors greasy, kitchen a mess), staff don't speak English at all, zero activities, and the bed is literally a mat that allows no sleep. I felt like I was in India, not Japan. Probably the worst hostel I've stayed at in my life.

This place is DIRTY! I didn't take bad rewiews seriously since the hostel's average grade was ok, but really DON'T book in here. My bed was full of fleas. The bathrooms were really bad - dirty and no curtains. I am not exaggerating, I changed the hostel after I found the fleas. Take the bad reviews seriously!

The price of this hostel is it's best point. Next would be it's location. However, it was very loud. Guests were inconsiderate and it was difficult to get a good night's sleep. This lowers the value. For the first time in a hostel in Japan I was worried about my safety and the security of my belongings. I was uncomfortable and the hostel was very messy. The staff were nice, but it couldn't make up for the negative points. This is a good place to party and meet people, but not to sleep.

This hostel is within walking distance from international street and a ferry terminal for visiting a few other islands, so it is rather convenient. The staff is nice and there is a common area where people can sit and chat. There is kind of no security which is a little disconcerting at first, but then again the area and the country are pretty safe so I wasn't really worried. They leave the door open 24/7 and there isn't always a door man and you don't have a place to lock your belongings.

awesoooome..., super nice staff, but the beds could be more comfortable

we stayed one night because of our flight the next morning. for one night it´s definitely okay to stay there. the staff is nice, and there is everything you need. cleanliness could be better though. However it´s good value for money.

• 23rd Nov 2015

Amazing place ! This hostel is crazy and the staff realy become my friend. We did a lot of night out and i wasn't bored 1 second !

• 20th Nov 2015

had a good time at keramas, the stuff was very friendly and helpful. the location is great, not far from the center and literally right next to the port. i would stay there again.

If you don't mind a little dirt, this is your place. It's a pretty worn down building in a somewhat worn down neighborhood. But it's dirt cheap. There are about 100 pairs of shoes when you first go in. Female dorms have about 20 beds in three rooms. Squat toilet downstairs. Stray cats in area. 20 min walk to Kokusaidori shopping/resto area and closer to other restos.

It's a reasonably good place to stay. Staff are quite nice, location is ok (about 10 minutes walk from Miebashi) but the area is a bit shady looking (homeless guys sitting around in the street). There are no locks and no safety box to put your luggage, but Japan is safe anyway so it's not too bad. The beds are just wooden boxes with futons in and it can be quite loud at night. The common area is dirty with 100s of shoes blocking the entrance. But for 1200yen, it's not a bad experience.

This is definitely a social enviornment, so if you are looking to meet people, this is an ideal place to be. It is also in a good location, a 5 min walk to the port so it's a good place to base yourself as you move about the islands. It's at a really good price, but because of that don't expect anything great in terms of facilities and cleanliness. The place is a mess and for Japanese standards, not very clean at all. But if you don't mind that, this can be a good place to stay.