Okinawa Sora House Reviews

2-24-15 Kumoji, Okinawa, Japan

I spent 2 nights of my trips in Sora House out of 7 nights (The first and the last night). Very convenient to go to the Monorail (2 mins for walking). Very comfortable common room (though it's closed a bit too early). Clean place to stay. Value for money!

Great place to sleep for cheap in Naha.

I stayed in a variety of hostels during my two week holiday in Japan – this was the least welcoming. it seems wherever you go in the hostel, there is a sign telling you sternly not to do something. I understand that they need to ensure people treat the place in the right way but they need to also consider the overall experience. In my view they don't make enough effort to ensure the guest feels warmly welcomed.

Second time I'm here and still a great hostel. A lot of rules that you have to abide by, such as you'll be chased of the premise after you've checked out and lights out at midnight sharp. Other than that, sweet little hostel.

This place is clean and pretty close to Kokusaidori. Not being able to use the common before and after check-in/out is pretty harsh though I think. The staff were civil but pretty unhelpful. When I asked if I could use the phone to call another guesthouse in northern Okinawa I was directed to the payphone on the street. Probably wouldn't stay here again if I had the choice.

Very clean and very warm ^_^ from what ive heard its the only really clean guest house in okinawa for this kind of money.. facilities are great and staff are nice.. everything is cool as long as you dont mind a few rules that are a little strict - like common room curfue 12:00AM and no using common room before or after checkout..

The staff who was a man wasn't kind at all. Even I struggle to carry my luggage on the 4 th floor just he ignrored me. I thought what if I was a beautiful woman he did like that....

The beds and the dorm room sizes were good but the staff were dismissive, not helpful and overall left us with a very bad impression. We arrived on an early flight from Tokyo and were aware that check in was at 3pm (as is common in Japan) but you weren't allowed to even use the common area until you'd checked in! Ridiculous! The staff didn't even advise us of where to go to pass the 5 hours until check in or give us a map or anything so we had to wander around until we eventually found a cafe :(

I love the Okinawa Sanshin and the cute little hallway signs!

• 16th Feb 2015

Great staff, very helpful.

• 16th Feb 2015

Great staff and atmosphere! Common place is an easy place to talk to other people and get some tips from them. No heating in dormitories, so a bit chilly in February (especially since the rooms where aired out every day and doors and windows were left wide open for long times), but the two plankets provided where enough when wearing warm clothes during the night. Easy to find and good location, the lively Kokusaidori street is in walking distance!

• 8th Feb 2015