Okinawa Sora House Reviews

2-24-15 Kumoji, Okinawa, Japan

Lets make it straight, the only good thing about this hostel is its location. Rooms and accomodations are out of age. 4 plugs for 6-beds dorm, no privacy curtain, no bed-light. A/C turned on by the staff only between 6PM and 11AM. There are rules literally on every wall of the hostel. They just kill the hostel's atmosphere. Too bad I have only 500 chars to talk about them... Staff is not welcoming, nor helfpul of friendly. Don't even hope staying in the common room if you arrive before checkin..

I spent 2 nights of my trips in Sora House out of 7 nights (The first and the last night). Very convenient to go to the Monorail (2 mins for walking). Very comfortable common room (though it's closed a bit too early). Clean place to stay. Value for money!

Great place to sleep for cheap in Naha.

I stayed in a variety of hostels during my two week holiday in Japan – this was the least welcoming. it seems wherever you go in the hostel, there is a sign telling you sternly not to do something. I understand that they need to ensure people treat the place in the right way but they need to also consider the overall experience. In my view they don't make enough effort to ensure the guest feels warmly welcomed.

Second time I'm here and still a great hostel. A lot of rules that you have to abide by, such as you'll be chased of the premise after you've checked out and lights out at midnight sharp. Other than that, sweet little hostel.

This place is clean and pretty close to Kokusaidori. Not being able to use the common before and after check-in/out is pretty harsh though I think. The staff were civil but pretty unhelpful. When I asked if I could use the phone to call another guesthouse in northern Okinawa I was directed to the payphone on the street. Probably wouldn't stay here again if I had the choice.