Okinawa Sora House Reviews

2-24-15 Kumoji, Okinawa, Japan

The staff who was a man wasn't kind at all. Even I struggle to carry my luggage on the 4 th floor just he ignrored me. I thought what if I was a beautiful woman he did like that....

The beds and the dorm room sizes were good but the staff were dismissive, not helpful and overall left us with a very bad impression. We arrived on an early flight from Tokyo and were aware that check in was at 3pm (as is common in Japan) but you weren't allowed to even use the common area until you'd checked in! Ridiculous! The staff didn't even advise us of where to go to pass the 5 hours until check in or give us a map or anything so we had to wander around until we eventually found a cafe :(

I love the Okinawa Sanshin and the cute little hallway signs!

• 16th Feb 2015

Great staff, very helpful.

• 16th Feb 2015

Great staff and atmosphere! Common place is an easy place to talk to other people and get some tips from them. No heating in dormitories, so a bit chilly in February (especially since the rooms where aired out every day and doors and windows were left wide open for long times), but the two plankets provided where enough when wearing warm clothes during the night. Easy to find and good location, the lively Kokusaidori street is in walking distance!

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Everything was awesome exempt the security.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

I can't really recommend this place for the more adventurous soul travelling alone, as it is has VERY quiet, albeit friendly, atmosphere, but it's superbly clean and has all the fixin's one expects with a well-travelled hostel. Based on what I've seen of others comments, I feel I should say that the place is actually quite secure in light of the general level of safety here in Japan. The main door's locked at 10 PM and free key lockers are available, which is more than enough for this country.

Amazing place with warm staff. Perfect location. Very cozy.

• 8th Dec 2014

Very friendly people and a very good atmosphere. I really liked it and found new friends very quickly I will definitely visit there again :) Thank you for the nice stay, even if it was just for 4 days

Very friendly atmosphere, super location . Strongly recommended.

Thank you!! I had a great time at Sora house. I will come back again :)

A very nice hostel with friendly staff in a very good location. Definately recommendable

Maybe one of the bests hostels in naha. Just one toilet and shower per floor is not enough.

check out is very late. too strick rule. the staff open the door room all day. we need safe .

A bit short regarding the bathroom/shower facilities. Lovely staff that hels as much as they can. Closed to the monorail station and kokusai street.

I really liked my stay in Sora House. This is well organized, there are few simple rules to respect, as at home actually and the staff is really friendly and helpful! Bedroom, bathroom and common areas are really clean. If you go to Naha, just stay there!

Easily one of my vourite hostels, staff were extremely sociable and friendly, everything was in good working order, location was excellent and they even have cheap beers in the fridge! Highly recommended!

it's aaaaight.