Okupe Hostel - Jardins Reviews

Avenida Rebou�as, 990, S�o Paulo - SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Very clean and well trained staff. Towel provided is awesome as most backpackers don't provide towels. Clean beds, bedsheets, pillows and blankets. Overall, would recommend to anybody who enjoys an enjoyable stay at a backpackers.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

All but one staff member was helpful- the blonde curly hair lady was lovely! The bathrooms were shared and had no locks on the shower door. The hostel is good for Brazilian students but hardly any backpackers. Our room was right next to the bar and with no aircon in the room we had to have the window open so had to cope with the bar noise from anything till 2am!!! Then we got told off for ringing someone at 9am because people were sleeping.. Location was perfect though! Safe area.

We stayed in room 7 - a VERY cramped 6 bed dorm right outside the bar. At night we had the option of closing the window to keep the noise out resulting in an unbearably hot and smelly room (no air con) or opening the window making it impossible to sleep from the noise. Generally a lot of noise anyway with most guests seeming to be young Brazilian students here for University. The downstairs bathroom by our room was mixed gender with showers that don't have locks on. Location is fantastic though.

We stayed for three days and the staff were simply incredible, they were so helpful. I also rate the cleanliness of the hostel very highly, it is not often that you find such clean rooms/toilets.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Had a great stay here during the world cup, the staff put on the matches on two TVs and a big screen projector in the common area and around the bar. There was plenty of food for breakfast - ham and cheese, bread, fruit and juices. The location was good, about 10 minutes walk from the nearest metro station, with supermarkets nearby, as well as a great churrascaria across the road. It's a short taxi ride to Vila Madalena too.

I was very disappointed with events that occurred there. They have a communal kitchen and you have to label your food like most hostels. My food went missing for 2 days on the trot. On my 3rd day there I caught the person stealing my food and reported to the manager. I was told he was going to be kicked out the next day, yet 4 days later he was still there. He was a local and friends with people there and I felt very let down by what happened and lost all trust in the management and staff there.

Had a great time in São Paulo thanks to the staff and people I met. Everyone was very welcoming and eager to assist me with anything. Highly recommend staying here due to its location and awesomeness!!!

• 9th Jun 2014

This was my first hostel in Brazil and was an amazing way to start my trip. The staff are really friendly and helpful. I have never stayed in such a clean hostel. Lockers are provided but you do need your own lock. The bar downstairs has a perfect fun yet laid back vibe. Be sure to check out the hammocks for reading on a nice day.

It's a bit hard to get to this hostel from Congonhas airport. Metro is about 10 min walking. Might want to consider your backpack weight. Like other Brazilian hostel, no kettle and laundry facility. Nice kitchen but no toaster and bowls. Friendly and helpful staffs.

A very nice hostel for young people who likes partying, travelling and making friends (even if it's not a party hostel).

• 10th May 2014

Chilled hostel. Really liked the filtered water tap in the kitchen and the breakfast was good-fresh bread and fresh fruit. Bathroom needs improving- more hooks or a shelf so u dont have to put ur clothes on the toilet, and hotter water. otherwise all good.

A very good place in the center of sao paulo, a big hostel with a lot of activities as snooker, babyfoot, tournament to win beers, a staff very nice, and an area with hamac just incredible and perfect. A very good breakfast buffet, it miss only "doce de leite".

My stay was when the hostel was really full. PROS: Good location and nice staff. CONS: Too few bathrooms and almost always dirty. TERRIBLE: The rooms have key card but the hostel control over them is weak. They allowed a guest that did checkout on the previous day to keep the key card of our room. He came back, on DRUGS, and invaded our room two times! Is a situation that we may not accept in any hostel.

99% recommended. Very beautiful, stylish and big hostel with bar and some food. Breakfast are very nice. The 8 female dorm are quite good. Bed is good and clean. Nice shower. Staff are very helpful. But there is no reading light and not so very near to the metro, it takes around 15 mins walk. Other than that, excellent.

This is a really nice location for staying in SP and join the city life. Close to the Hostel are the best shopping streets, bus station and underground station. It's also possible to reach the famous city Park by walking. Their is no air condition only fans.