Okupe Hostel - Jardins Reviews

Avenida Rebou�as, 990, S�o Paulo - SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil

One of the best hostel I've been in SP so far. It took hosteling in SP to a very developed stage. Best location, right inbetween Paulista Avenue and Vila Madalena. Public transportation is easy to reach from the hostel.

O hostel possui um ótimo custo-benefício e boa localização (será melhor quando a estação de metrô em obras ao lado estará aberta!). No entanto, senti falta de uma luz individual e os colchões são pouco confortáveis. Equipe prestativa e bom café da manhã. It has a great value for money and good location (will be better when the subway station under construction next door will be open!). However, I missed an individual light and mattresses are uncomfortable. Helpful staff and good breakfast.

The staff was extremely helpful in all aspects of my travel. I was travelling alone and they gave me a lot of help navigating through Sao Paulos concrete jungle. Also the people in the hostile were open and welcoming to myself and the set up of the hostel encouraged people to meet each-other.

Hostel has excellent location, staff it's really friendly but that's it. The private room seemed to be a little bit forgotten by the hostel, broken handlers in the cabinet, a little bit dirty and the blankets seemed old. Shared bathrooms where dirty as well, so as the kitchen.

Staff were fantastic! Went out drinking with one of guys and he never stopped helping us, even ran up the street to get us a taxi. Rooms were spotless and beds not bad. Breakfast decent as well. Only thing is internet isn't great and cold shower in room, communal shower was hot though.

The Okupe is really good localized, close to supermarket, subway station, ibirapuera`s park, shopping mol, etc. People out there were in a good vibration and happy. Maybe it would be interesting more events, invitations, stuff like this to put the guests closer. Another aspect that can be improved is the noise in the night. I really enjoyed my time over there and certainly would return. Best regards. Leandro

• 28th Jul 2014

Very clean and well trained staff. Towel provided is awesome as most backpackers don't provide towels. Clean beds, bedsheets, pillows and blankets. Overall, would recommend to anybody who enjoys an enjoyable stay at a backpackers.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

All but one staff member was helpful- the blonde curly hair lady was lovely! The bathrooms were shared and had no locks on the shower door. The hostel is good for Brazilian students but hardly any backpackers. Our room was right next to the bar and with no aircon in the room we had to have the window open so had to cope with the bar noise from anything till 2am!!! Then we got told off for ringing someone at 9am because people were sleeping.. Location was perfect though! Safe area.

We stayed in room 7 - a VERY cramped 6 bed dorm right outside the bar. At night we had the option of closing the window to keep the noise out resulting in an unbearably hot and smelly room (no air con) or opening the window making it impossible to sleep from the noise. Generally a lot of noise anyway with most guests seeming to be young Brazilian students here for University. The downstairs bathroom by our room was mixed gender with showers that don't have locks on. Location is fantastic though.

We stayed for three days and the staff were simply incredible, they were so helpful. I also rate the cleanliness of the hostel very highly, it is not often that you find such clean rooms/toilets.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Had a great stay here during the world cup, the staff put on the matches on two TVs and a big screen projector in the common area and around the bar. There was plenty of food for breakfast - ham and cheese, bread, fruit and juices. The location was good, about 10 minutes walk from the nearest metro station, with supermarkets nearby, as well as a great churrascaria across the road. It's a short taxi ride to Vila Madalena too.

I was very disappointed with events that occurred there. They have a communal kitchen and you have to label your food like most hostels. My food went missing for 2 days on the trot. On my 3rd day there I caught the person stealing my food and reported to the manager. I was told he was going to be kicked out the next day, yet 4 days later he was still there. He was a local and friends with people there and I felt very let down by what happened and lost all trust in the management and staff there.

Had a great time in São Paulo thanks to the staff and people I met. Everyone was very welcoming and eager to assist me with anything. Highly recommend staying here due to its location and awesomeness!!!

• 9th Jun 2014

This was my first hostel in Brazil and was an amazing way to start my trip. The staff are really friendly and helpful. I have never stayed in such a clean hostel. Lockers are provided but you do need your own lock. The bar downstairs has a perfect fun yet laid back vibe. Be sure to check out the hammocks for reading on a nice day.

It's a bit hard to get to this hostel from Congonhas airport. Metro is about 10 min walking. Might want to consider your backpack weight. Like other Brazilian hostel, no kettle and laundry facility. Nice kitchen but no toaster and bowls. Friendly and helpful staffs.

A very nice hostel for young people who likes partying, travelling and making friends (even if it's not a party hostel).

• 10th May 2014

Chilled hostel. Really liked the filtered water tap in the kitchen and the breakfast was good-fresh bread and fresh fruit. Bathroom needs improving- more hooks or a shelf so u dont have to put ur clothes on the toilet, and hotter water. otherwise all good.

A very good place in the center of sao paulo, a big hostel with a lot of activities as snooker, babyfoot, tournament to win beers, a staff very nice, and an area with hamac just incredible and perfect. A very good breakfast buffet, it miss only "doce de leite".

My stay was when the hostel was really full. PROS: Good location and nice staff. CONS: Too few bathrooms and almost always dirty. TERRIBLE: The rooms have key card but the hostel control over them is weak. They allowed a guest that did checkout on the previous day to keep the key card of our room. He came back, on DRUGS, and invaded our room two times! Is a situation that we may not accept in any hostel.

99% recommended. Very beautiful, stylish and big hostel with bar and some food. Breakfast are very nice. The 8 female dorm are quite good. Bed is good and clean. Nice shower. Staff are very helpful. But there is no reading light and not so very near to the metro, it takes around 15 mins walk. Other than that, excellent.