Okupe Hostel - Jardins Reviews

Avenida Rebou�as, 990, S�o Paulo - SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hostel is located a bit away from the old city center and therefore you have to take public transport to get anywhere from the hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful and even made a few phone calls to get us the right information. There was a big living room wich is half inside/half outside. For me, since it was winter, in the late evenings it became pretty cold in the living room. Hostel and rooms were clean and ours had a own shower and toilet. (10 bed dorm)

The ebds where unconfortable, the breakfast really poor and the bathrooms where really unclean, it was a quest not to leave your stuff on any dirt when taking a shower. Also the bar inside made the atmosphere quite loud.

the cat is cute

if you want to use the card for the payment you need pay 5% extra.

Gostei muito do hostel, muito bem organizado e localizado. Certamente vou voltar a me hospedar quando estiver em SP.

• 17th May 2013

I like this hostel I recommend all the people

Modern feel, great social space and kitchen. Excellent value for money if you take teh ten bed dorm. One of the computers wasn't working when we stayed, leaving only one to share between all guests, luckily it wasn't too busy in the hostel at the time.

Okupe is a nice hostel on a nice location, but it lacks a little bit of ambience. They are trying really hard but its a little bit sterile. Staff is very friendly. We got a promotional price for 28 real per night which is a good price. They are working very hard to listen to all the comments given here. Would recommend it though.

It was my first time at a hostel. I met lots of different people, from distinct places, with different goals. The experience was unique and the staff were kind and supportive.

• 12th Apr 2013

Like a Brasilian family

It was a nice place to stay for a short period , the room I've stayed was so small for 4 beds.

• 6th Apr 2013
  • Syria

Good hostel and good location.

Really nice Hostel in SP! Cool persons living there, nice englishspeaking stuff. Really Relaxing, secure, etc.!

• 17th Mar 2013

I always hesitate to complain about cheap places like this because I am glad that they exist for young people. However, this hostel really needs some work. One wall of the room was covered in mold. The light fixture LITERALLY fell from the ceiling while I was there because the spinning fan had worked the screws loose. The showers never had hot water and smelled terrible. The mattresses were covered in urine stains and some were hard. Good location, security, and nice but uninformed staff.

A good hostel

• 15th Mar 2013

The girls are especially friendly.

The staff is the best I've ever seen in all hostels I know. Very Clean rooms and restrooms. Good beds too. Very comfortable place to stay in São Paulo. The location is perfect. Close to tube station, easy to find good restaurants, stores and everything we need. I sugest this hostel.

• 5th Mar 2013

Very nice hostel. Staff was very kind and helpful always. Bedroom and Bathroom were very clean and neat.

• 28th Feb 2013
  • Uruguay

It's a very well located, nice looking hostel. My room was very clean, you have WIFI anywhere in the hostel, breakfast was good and the location is excellent, very safe area with tons of public transport. The girl working there was very helpful. And they even have some parking spaces - which totally saved my unprepared ass!

Install to each bed a personal light, because is boring make the mobile when you need package the bag in the morning .

• 11th Feb 2013