Okupe Hostel - Jardins Reviews

Avenida Rebou�as, 990, S�o Paulo - SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil

This is a really nice location for staying in SP and join the city life. Close to the Hostel are the best shopping streets, bus station and underground station. It's also possible to reach the famous city Park by walking. Their is no air condition only fans.

We had a private room which was absolutely lovely, very clean and nice. The hostel is in a nice location, very close to Ave. Paulista, a supermarket is around the corner and on the street you can easily get a taxi. It also had a lot of greenn, open space and a brilliant rooftop terrace. Staff was very nice and helpful as well, the only minus was that in the end the WiFi would only work in the lounge area and not the room, which was quite annoying, but apart from that we enjoyed our stay a lot!

I honestly think it would be very difficult to expect more from a hostel. The staff was made up of young boys and pleasant, as well as of great help for the traveler! The hostel and colorful and always clean, available with anything useful for cooking, communicating, wash themselves and their own stuff! Find your way from there it was easy, due to the fact that it is about a 7-8 minute walk from the subway station before ... There are shops and a supermarket close to large shopping. Impeccable.!

The facilities are very good for an hostel. We only stayed there one night though we got a good impression about everything else. I'd definitely recommend it without blinking.

Great team, rich set of facilities, I fall in love with you dears. :) Maybe one thing you can add - is the big arrow on the entrance with the label "Entrance" =) Muitos abrassos! Tchau!

Nice facilities in hostel. Kitchen wasn't that well designed as there was not enough bench space, and the communal computer was not working. Beds comfortable, and hostel well located with parking in front. Good fresh fruit for breakfast.

Staff was nice, but disorganized. I walked into a room with dirty underwear on what was supposed to be my bed. Then no one knew which bed I was supposed to be in. Then someone stole my pillow. And at 7:00 AM, another staff person walked in trying to figure out where the empty beds were. It's very loud as well.....

I have no complaints about Okupe. The location couldn't be better, the breakfast was great and I had a warm shower. I would stay there again and again ;))

Nice hostel, with really fun atmosphere. The lady that cleans the hostel is super friendly as well as the security guy at night. The room was good and clean. Recommend this place! I was disappointed by the payment method since the price you get online on Hostelworld is only valid if you pay in cash. If you want to pay with your credit card they will add a 5% fee on it.

• 9th Aug 2013

The room we booked was extremely small, the door wouldn't even open fully as there was a desk in the way. We found hair clips in the room and down the bed, indicating that the room hadn't been properly cleaned. The shared bathroom was also unclean and I felt uncomfortable using it. The atmosphere of the hostel was also strange, a much older crowd, not the usual friendly traveler crowd. I again felt uncomfortable in the common areas and we spent most of our time out of the hostel.

• 7th Aug 2013

because of the size it's more like i'm staying in a hotel with shared everything. Breakfast was nice, staff was somewhat helpful. THINGS to improve: cleanliness - it wasn't too bad but it can be improve, organization - i think it's better if you assign the bed for the guess than have them choose, because what happen was that my bed got stolen by other guess, although it's half her fault but this could be prevented if each guess was assign to there own bed so there'll be no mix up next time.

I thought the bathrooms in the hostel were very dirty. There were only two showers for a whole floor of people. There was also only one functional computer in the whole youth hostel. The breakfast was nice and the staff were really friendly and helpful.

I stayed at a single room in okupe just for one night. Have to say: the water was not hot :/ but even so, the hostel is good, modern, the common area is excellent with tv, movies, wii, computer. And the location is very close to rua Augusta, which is a party area and Oscar freire, very fancy shopping street. About minutes walking from the clinicas metro station. Would definitely stay there again.

It´s a good place, and the internet available in the room is very useful. Great!

Best stay in a hostel i had! the staff was really nice and I had a lot of fun there!

• 5th Jul 2013

I wasnt happy with the other hostels then ask my money back and they made it so Difficulty. So if you need Managers Assistance.. just forget.. you Wont. Apart from That is Very good.. Just change the Staff from the Reception and The Manager Will be Superb.

• 24th Jun 2013

Very good location, near from avenida Paulista, and service too. Recommend!

• 22nd Jun 2013

Amazing location! Good Breakfast.

Hostel is located a bit away from the old city center and therefore you have to take public transport to get anywhere from the hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful and even made a few phone calls to get us the right information. There was a big living room wich is half inside/half outside. For me, since it was winter, in the late evenings it became pretty cold in the living room. Hostel and rooms were clean and ours had a own shower and toilet. (10 bed dorm)

The ebds where unconfortable, the breakfast really poor and the bathrooms where really unclean, it was a quest not to leave your stuff on any dirt when taking a shower. Also the bar inside made the atmosphere quite loud.