Okupe Hostel - Jardins Reviews

Avenida Rebou�as, 990, S�o Paulo - SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I did not like the location very much because it is on a big busy avenue with a lot of cars. The romm was ok although not so nice either. Falicities were ok but there was an internet problem during my stay and I had to change hostel for that reason. The staff however was very friendly and helpful.

We really enjoyed our stay. The gentleman who worked in the bar and hostel was really helpful and welcoming. The girls begin the desk pointed out good places to visit on a provided map for us and charged my tablet whilst I was out. The hostel is extremely secure which was comforting in a large city. The common area and bar were really relaxing with good wifi pool table and couches. Would recommend for a city break.

Lot of noise until midnight or more due to their own bar. Box inside the room damaged so often difficult to storage your staff. Showers very small, some individual rooms look like a jail..no laundry service.. So not really international standard experienced all around the world and in brazil. The location during the night not so save if you do not know sao paulo. If you stay more than one night avoid it.

• 14th Sep 2014

There are few things that this hostel can improve, but overall it was a normal experience, friendly staff, good location and clean rooms.

I´ve had internet in the jungles of Cambodia that was faster and more reliable than at this place. Not sure what was wrong, but on the rare occasions when the wi fi worked it was slow and constantly dropping out. On the plus side: Good free breakfast, good price.

Breakfast is a bit poor in comparison to other hostels from HI I have been hosted. Anyway, being so near Av. Paulista is really great, in spite of the long and huge slope you have to climb if you are on foot; but a bus stop almost in front . It is a good place to stay. I will stay there again and I do recommend it!

One of the best hostel I've been in SP so far. It took hosteling in SP to a very developed stage. Best location, right inbetween Paulista Avenue and Vila Madalena. Public transportation is easy to reach from the hostel.

O hostel possui um ótimo custo-benefício e boa localização (será melhor quando a estação de metrô em obras ao lado estará aberta!). No entanto, senti falta de uma luz individual e os colchões são pouco confortáveis. Equipe prestativa e bom café da manhã. It has a great value for money and good location (will be better when the subway station under construction next door will be open!). However, I missed an individual light and mattresses are uncomfortable. Helpful staff and good breakfast.

The staff was extremely helpful in all aspects of my travel. I was travelling alone and they gave me a lot of help navigating through Sao Paulos concrete jungle. Also the people in the hostile were open and welcoming to myself and the set up of the hostel encouraged people to meet each-other.

Hostel has excellent location, staff it's really friendly but that's it. The private room seemed to be a little bit forgotten by the hostel, broken handlers in the cabinet, a little bit dirty and the blankets seemed old. Shared bathrooms where dirty as well, so as the kitchen.

Staff were fantastic! Went out drinking with one of guys and he never stopped helping us, even ran up the street to get us a taxi. Rooms were spotless and beds not bad. Breakfast decent as well. Only thing is internet isn't great and cold shower in room, communal shower was hot though.

The Okupe is really good localized, close to supermarket, subway station, ibirapuera`s park, shopping mol, etc. People out there were in a good vibration and happy. Maybe it would be interesting more events, invitations, stuff like this to put the guests closer. Another aspect that can be improved is the noise in the night. I really enjoyed my time over there and certainly would return. Best regards. Leandro

• 28th Jul 2014

Very clean and well trained staff. Towel provided is awesome as most backpackers don't provide towels. Clean beds, bedsheets, pillows and blankets. Overall, would recommend to anybody who enjoys an enjoyable stay at a backpackers.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

All but one staff member was helpful- the blonde curly hair lady was lovely! The bathrooms were shared and had no locks on the shower door. The hostel is good for Brazilian students but hardly any backpackers. Our room was right next to the bar and with no aircon in the room we had to have the window open so had to cope with the bar noise from anything till 2am!!! Then we got told off for ringing someone at 9am because people were sleeping.. Location was perfect though! Safe area.

We stayed in room 7 - a VERY cramped 6 bed dorm right outside the bar. At night we had the option of closing the window to keep the noise out resulting in an unbearably hot and smelly room (no air con) or opening the window making it impossible to sleep from the noise. Generally a lot of noise anyway with most guests seeming to be young Brazilian students here for University. The downstairs bathroom by our room was mixed gender with showers that don't have locks on. Location is fantastic though.

We stayed for three days and the staff were simply incredible, they were so helpful. I also rate the cleanliness of the hostel very highly, it is not often that you find such clean rooms/toilets.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Had a great stay here during the world cup, the staff put on the matches on two TVs and a big screen projector in the common area and around the bar. There was plenty of food for breakfast - ham and cheese, bread, fruit and juices. The location was good, about 10 minutes walk from the nearest metro station, with supermarkets nearby, as well as a great churrascaria across the road. It's a short taxi ride to Vila Madalena too.

I was very disappointed with events that occurred there. They have a communal kitchen and you have to label your food like most hostels. My food went missing for 2 days on the trot. On my 3rd day there I caught the person stealing my food and reported to the manager. I was told he was going to be kicked out the next day, yet 4 days later he was still there. He was a local and friends with people there and I felt very let down by what happened and lost all trust in the management and staff there.

Had a great time in São Paulo thanks to the staff and people I met. Everyone was very welcoming and eager to assist me with anything. Highly recommend staying here due to its location and awesomeness!!!

• 9th Jun 2014

This was my first hostel in Brazil and was an amazing way to start my trip. The staff are really friendly and helpful. I have never stayed in such a clean hostel. Lockers are provided but you do need your own lock. The bar downstairs has a perfect fun yet laid back vibe. Be sure to check out the hammocks for reading on a nice day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7