Okupe Hostel - Jardins Reviews

Avenida Rebou�as, 990, S�o Paulo - SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I didnt really like the location it is about a 15 minutes walk from the metro. Other than that it was fine for one night.

Ótimo hostel, fiquei em um quarto misto com 10 camas, tudo muito limpo, ótimos funcionários, uma atmosfera muito aconchegante, fiz amizade com as funcionarias da limpeza e com os recepcionistas! Em especial, o magico que provavelmente irão conhecer, é muito gente boa! E tem uma historia de vida fantástica pra compartilhar. No hostel, você pode comprar suas comidas e cozinhar na cozinha do próprio hostel, pra quem procura um ambiente bom e barato, no Okupe Hostel é o lugar ideal! Obrigado Okupe!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • lipebraganca

I did not like the location very much because it is on a big busy avenue with a lot of cars. The romm was ok although not so nice either. Falicities were ok but there was an internet problem during my stay and I had to change hostel for that reason. The staff however was very friendly and helpful.

We really enjoyed our stay. The gentleman who worked in the bar and hostel was really helpful and welcoming. The girls begin the desk pointed out good places to visit on a provided map for us and charged my tablet whilst I was out. The hostel is extremely secure which was comforting in a large city. The common area and bar were really relaxing with good wifi pool table and couches. Would recommend for a city break.

Lot of noise until midnight or more due to their own bar. Box inside the room damaged so often difficult to storage your staff. Showers very small, some individual rooms look like a jail..no laundry service.. So not really international standard experienced all around the world and in brazil. The location during the night not so save if you do not know sao paulo. If you stay more than one night avoid it.

• 14th Sep 2014

There are few things that this hostel can improve, but overall it was a normal experience, friendly staff, good location and clean rooms.

O hostel está bem localizado. 5 minutos da av. Paulista, do lado da Vila Madalena, o bairro boêmio de São Paulo e tem acesso fácil para todas as regiões da cidade. Os funcionários são atenciosos e muito simpáticos. A estrutura do lugar é bem bacana, é muito limpo e está bem cuidado. Ótimo custo x beneficio. Com certeza voltarei!

Sem duvida nenhuma o melhor hostel de São Paulo, boa localização, serviços de limpeza o tempo todo, o atendimento é um diferencial notável assim que você chega. Realmente quando eu estou hospedado no Okupe Hostel eu me sinto em casa.

• 8th Sep 2014

adorei a estadia, e sempre que voltar a SP vou me hospedar aqui.

• 5th Sep 2014

I´ve had internet in the jungles of Cambodia that was faster and more reliable than at this place. Not sure what was wrong, but on the rare occasions when the wi fi worked it was slow and constantly dropping out. On the plus side: Good free breakfast, good price.

Breakfast is a bit poor in comparison to other hostels from HI I have been hosted. Anyway, being so near Av. Paulista is really great, in spite of the long and huge slope you have to climb if you are on foot; but a bus stop almost in front . It is a good place to stay. I will stay there again and I do recommend it!

One of the best hostel I've been in SP so far. It took hosteling in SP to a very developed stage. Best location, right inbetween Paulista Avenue and Vila Madalena. Public transportation is easy to reach from the hostel.

O hostel possui um ótimo custo-benefício e boa localização (será melhor quando a estação de metrô em obras ao lado estará aberta!). No entanto, senti falta de uma luz individual e os colchões são pouco confortáveis. Equipe prestativa e bom café da manhã. It has a great value for money and good location (will be better when the subway station under construction next door will be open!). However, I missed an individual light and mattresses are uncomfortable. Helpful staff and good breakfast.

The staff was extremely helpful in all aspects of my travel. I was travelling alone and they gave me a lot of help navigating through Sao Paulos concrete jungle. Also the people in the hostile were open and welcoming to myself and the set up of the hostel encouraged people to meet each-other.

Hostel has excellent location, staff it's really friendly but that's it. The private room seemed to be a little bit forgotten by the hostel, broken handlers in the cabinet, a little bit dirty and the blankets seemed old. Shared bathrooms where dirty as well, so as the kitchen.

Staff were fantastic! Went out drinking with one of guys and he never stopped helping us, even ran up the street to get us a taxi. Rooms were spotless and beds not bad. Breakfast decent as well. Only thing is internet isn't great and cold shower in room, communal shower was hot though.

The Okupe is really good localized, close to supermarket, subway station, ibirapuera`s park, shopping mol, etc. People out there were in a good vibration and happy. Maybe it would be interesting more events, invitations, stuff like this to put the guests closer. Another aspect that can be improved is the noise in the night. I really enjoyed my time over there and certainly would return. Best regards. Leandro

• 28th Jul 2014

Muy buen lugar, en un barrio inmejorable. Amplitud, buena atención, desayuno sabroso. Un hostel altamente recomendable.

Very clean and well trained staff. Towel provided is awesome as most backpackers don't provide towels. Clean beds, bedsheets, pillows and blankets. Overall, would recommend to anybody who enjoys an enjoyable stay at a backpackers.

All but one staff member was helpful- the blonde curly hair lady was lovely! The bathrooms were shared and had no locks on the shower door. The hostel is good for Brazilian students but hardly any backpackers. Our room was right next to the bar and with no aircon in the room we had to have the window open so had to cope with the bar noise from anything till 2am!!! Then we got told off for ringing someone at 9am because people were sleeping.. Location was perfect though! Safe area.