Olah Hostel Reviews

Alceu Wamosy, 40, Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I stayed in a double room and it was nicer than some hotels I've stayed in! Towels, soap, cable TV - not typical to hostels, but a nice surprise here. Well worth the price. Good location.

small but nice, private facilities are welcome, i liked the breakfast, staff is helpful - i had a good time during the world cup, thank you

The staff was incredibly nice and helpful! Plenty of WC and showers so no waiting and the location was incredible. Only a few minutes from restaurants, (subway) metro station, shopping, super markets, movie theaters.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

If you're just going to be using this as a place to sleep while checking out São Paulo, it does the job. No lockers in the rooms and the common room is pretty small, but it's relatively clean, the beds are alright and there is a secure entrance to the hostel.

one of the nicest hostels i have stayed in.the girl who cleans here is amazing, always spotless.WELL DONE!

A very nice hostel. I recommend it.

• 7th Sep 2013

The staff were very friendly & helpful gave us plenty of information about the places to visit including a map of the city & the destinations we should visit. They knew the times to visit and what days each gallery or museum was open for free admission. Excellent safe area easy walking distance with a great big heavy backpack. Metro Line (1) the blue line : Ana Rosa station. Great wifi reception best so far

Clean and nice hostel at a peaceful neighbourhood close to the metro and Ibirapuera park. Staff was friendly, though their English skills were sometimes a bit limited. All in all a good value for the money.

o turco e legal. the best hostel in sp. cris is nice.

The location is great, its close to the metro, witch is very important i SP. The breakfast was poor. All in all it was a very nice hostel witch great security and friendly staff.

• 8th Mar 2013
  • Denmark

Above all I have to say that the staff were EXCELLENT!! The manager is a sweetheart + so easy going. I was going to leave late in the evening + she told me that I could shower + chill out throughout the day as I pleased. The other staff were great as well. It's not a "party hostel" as such, which is what I was actually looking for, and was such a nice change as it was quiet and so clean. A 5 min. walk to shops, metro and buses. Perfect to get around in a safe neighbourhood. HIghly Recommended!

It was good in general. The guidelines to find the hostel are not very clear, but I could find it. The internet is great, the breakfast very good, and the rooms are very good as well. The bathroom could be cleaner, specially because the hostel wasn't full.

The staff is really very helpful. I think the hostel lacks a bit of "mood", but the team is not to blame! I found it a bit difficult to communicate with the rest of guests in order to plan some evening beers or trip through the city... perhaps I'm also responsible for it. the first day, cleanliness was perfect, the other 4, they didn't enter my room anymore!

• 1st Sep 2012
  • Mexico

Very nice Hostel had planned to stay for a couple of days but stayed for five in the end. Not a bad location very close to the metro and buses. Staff very very helpful. Special thanks to the big guy in the Irish rugby shirt and the not so big guy who saved me a lot of money by sending me to get my money changed in a metro station!

very helpful staff

This hostel is very good for the price. Dorms are spacious, confortables and cleans. Breakast is good. The kitchen is fully workable and the staff is helpful and friendly. It is not a party hostel but more a quiet hostel with long term students or workers living in it which can be or not a good point depending on what you are looking for.

This hostel was ok, we were only there for one night, which was enough. There very little atmosphere, and when we resorted to watching tv, there were very few English ones. The staff were good, they gave us a great map and good directions. The breakfast was average. we had to use the key to get in and out so security was good.

An ok hostel for a short stay in the city. Close to the subway/metro and had a great choice for breakfast. Staff are friendly and there is a tv room also. Maybe the atmosphere is better in the summer as we were there when it was cold and rainy and the hostel was not warm. The showers were hot though.

well, ot my favourite hostel as it lacks on character I think. Average.

confortable rooms and beds, good space for your luggage under the beds. Very good hostel [for brazilian standards]! The only negative point was the noise (not from the street or other guests, but from the personal [!] talking too loud on telephone in the morning or with other guests sunday afternoon)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7