Old Centre Hostel Hanoi

Superb 148 Total Reviews
Superb 148 Total Reviews

18th Jan 2017

Fantastic location and fantastic staff! This hotel had one of the friendliest, most helpful, and genuine staff I've ever encountered anywhere. It is excellent value for money. They provide free breakfast, and unlimited tea/coffee/fruits by the front desk all day long. The only downside I would say was we had ants in our room, which was kind of annoying, but I found that to be the case in a couple places in Vietnam. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Old Quarter.

10th Jan 2017

Overall I believe this is a good hotel for the money, splitting a double private room worked out well for us. Breakfast is included and it is very nice with the tasty coffee and fantastic juices! Staff is great, very helpful, ideal location. Only disappointment was the very loud meowing cat in the alley outside our window, it does not stop and it kept us awake both nights without a restful sleep. I would stay here again in a different room.

15th Dec 2016
6.0

Never stayed there, upon arriving they sent me to another hostel. Said they were having plumbing problems

Thank you so much for your useful feedback. On behalf of our hotel management, I sincerely apologize that we couldn't impress you full satisfy this time. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenient stay because of the plumbing problem. I was so delighted to inform that this issue has been immediately fixed and we we do promise that the same trouble will not happen again. I do very much expect that we will have the chance to see you again. Best regard Hanoi Old Centre Hostel Team "A home away from home"

• USA, Male, 18-24
5th Dec 2016

Overall this is a great find. It's in a great spot in "Old Quarter" right next to Hoam Kiem lake. The breakfasts are awesome and the staff is extremely helpful. Things to be weary of though- the staff clearly gets a cut when they book any outing for you so it's going to be more expensive, this includes ordering a taxi from the desk. Also, they can be a little slippery when it comes to paying there final bill. If I hadn't printed my reservation out beforehand she was going to charge me 50$ extra.

Dear Indiana Lane, Thank you so much for your great comment about our hotel location, breakfast and extremely helpful staff. However, I am so sorry for making you confused of the payment and I would ask you once again to please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. I do hope that the above did not detract too much from an enjoyable stay and that I will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future. Your sincerely, Hanoi Old Centre Hotel manager and team

• Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Nov 2016

Awesome location, just around the corner from hoan kiem lake, bars and restaurants on the same street and it's not to far of a walk or taxi to everything else. The staff were so friendly and go out of their way to help you out and make you feel welcome! We had 2 different rooms, both spacious, only down fall was one bed was too hard for my liking. Definitely recommend to stay here. The free breakfast is good too.

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review on site of Hostelworld. We would be grateful for your wonderful review. It's so pleasant for us to know that you felt warmth smile and greeting. Thank you so much for highlighting our hotel staff, location, spacious room, great breakfast…which made you enjoy your stay and thank for your recommendation. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in near future. Your sincerely, Hanoi Old Centre Hostel Team “A home away from home”

• England, Mixed Group, 31-40
2nd Oct 2016

We stayed here as part of a mixed group and were welcomed with fresh fruit and drinks after a weary journey. The hotel is in a great location to explore the old quarter and you are minutes away from the lake. The staff were extremely helpful in providing information to organise our trip to Haylong Bay and our onward journey. The safe in the room was a bit fiddly but other than that it was a good hotel overall.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the site following your stay with us this month and I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you thought the location was excellent, warm welcome, the staff were really lovely and great arrangemnet tours. you were well looked after even though your stay was short. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time. Warm regards Hanoi Old Centre Hostel Team

• jeustace77
  • England, Male, 31-40
29th Sep 2016
7.4

Nice clean rooms. Breakfast was good with a good selection. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Not much at the hotel itself apart from the rooms, a couple of dining tables for breakfast and a small seating area in the reception. But it's a good price for a good standard of room.

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Sep 2016

Lovely little hotel in an excellent location. Staff were always all extremely welcoming and friendly.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Sep 2016

Our first stop in Vietnam and we were greeted with friendly and helpful staff. The location is central to the Lake, Night Market and countless food and spa locations. During the weekend this street along with the surrounding streets have the roads closed to traffic to allow locals and tourist the ability to enjoy the scenery without the noise and pollution of cars. We also had a trip to Halong Bay and were able to store a piece of luggage as we returned to the Hostel with a room upgrade :)

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
9th Sep 2016

The Hanoi Old Centre Hotel was an absolute delight to stay in. The staff is extremely kind and helpful; they were always willing to answer our questions and help arrange trips outside of Hanoi. The location is also ideal. It is right by Hoan Kiem Lake in the Old Quarter near many interesting sights and attractions. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hanoi.