Old Centre Hostel Hanoi Reviews

19 Hang Hanh, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam

I can definately say that this hotel is a good place to stay if you ảre welcome and all the staffs ảre warm-hearted. Thêre is no doubt that I will stay at this hotel if I visit Hanoi

• 27th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Excelent place to stay in Hanoi. Staff very helpful. The tours to Sapa and Halong Bay they offer are awsome. I really recommend this place.

The room was small compared to the photos and we were without a view of the lake which was disappointing. The room was also quite dark and dingy. The staff were very nice and helpful upon our arrival, however once we decided to book our Halong bay and Sapa tour through another company there was a quick change in attitude toward us, which it made it quite uncomfortable. We were able to keep our luggage at the hotel for free or charge which was great but felt uncomfortable in the end to do so.

Amazing. Best value for money I've ever been in my life. Try the french toasts!!!

We also stayed at their sister hotel, which was lovely. Nice clean facilities, good location in old town Hanoi. Staff all very friendly, accommodating and helpful.

The place is very clean. The staff, very helpful. They were candid when recommending places to go or eat. The hotel is just a corner away from Hoan Kiem lake so one can walk to almost everywhere of significance.

Staying here was probably the best customer service experience I've ever had! The staff was extremely kind and helpful, even taking the time to remember our names. They really went above and beyond to help us in any way. In addition, it's location in the city is excellent!

We had a wonderful stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was incredible, it is cooked to order and included. Always fresh coffee and fruit in the lobby. They helped us arrange airport transfers and offered to hold our bags in the lobby. Our room was clean and comfortable. Great value.

• 25th Dec 2015

The lady in the front desk was amazing. She was super helpful and nice. They have a great staff. Probably one of my favorite hostels because they really take care of you.

The lady who works in the evening is very helpful.

May and her team are the friendliest, most welcoming people I've met at a hotel. They are truly (or at least they act like it) overjoyed that you've chosen to stay there and will go above and beyond to make sure you're comfortable. Be aware that it's more hotel than hostel, with plush rooms, safes, etc. (But I've never thought that to be a bad thing.) Also a great location. We're planning on staying here again when we're back in Hanoi in a week.

The rooms at the front of the building can be a bit noisy but the staff is happy to upgrade you to a more quiet room if available.

Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The included breakfast is a bonus. Location is also really great. Would stay again.

From the moment we arrived the staff impressed us: they took our bags from the mini-van up to our room while we relaxed with a welcome drink and the receptionist told us about the hotel and Hanoi. The bed was hard but very comfortable. The shower was very nice: good pressure and temperature. They organized our trip to Ha Long Bay as well as train tickets to Hue for us. The location of the hotel is on a side street with relatively little traffic - it was very quiet. We would stay here again!

The staff here are pretty amazing. The ladies at the front desk and very helpful and gave good advice on travelling throughout Vietnam. They also have a good sense humor. The breakfasts are really nice and there are plenty of options to chose from. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The location of the hotel is also great, as it is around the corner from the lake and close to many restaurants and bars.

As with everything in Vietnam, the pictures don't exactly match the accommodation. But this place is excellent, smiling outgoing staff, clean rooms, hot water, several wifi routers, breakfast options from western to local, complimentary water and juice and fruits at reception, as well as water, snacks, coffee and tea in your room with a electric tea pot. The staff went way out of it's way to correct a situation that they had no involvement in or anything to gain from helping me. Bad ass Staff

Great place to stay. Really friendly staff that cannot do enough to please. Great breakfast included too and free drinks, coffee, tea, snacks all day. The location is excellent, only a moments walk from the main street food/beer streets in the old quarter. Rooms are large and clean and decorated to a good standard. A must stay when in Hanoi

The stuff members were so nice, kind, friendly and helpful. They made my stay in Hanoi very special! The room was very clean, and water pressure of the shower was good too. So many choices for breakfast was definitely a plus!

The hotel's motto is 'home away from home' and I really found this to be true. I stayed here three times while living in Hanoi and always felt so welcome and relaxed here. The staff are lovely and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the availability of fresh fruit and drinks 24/7 means that this hotel is all round great value for money. I really couldn't recommend it more. Also the location is ideal, being just off hoan kiem.

staff are absolutely amazing! so polite and willing to help at a moments notice. rooms were clean and comfortable albeit a lil cosy. breakfast was delicious, fresh fruit and made to order omelets. prime location, literally around the corner from the lake. definitely recommend staying here! best hotel our whole trip.

View all Hanoi Bed and Breakfasts