Old Centre Hostel Hanoi Reviews

19 Hang Hanh, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam

Great staff who helped arrange airport drop off. Good location walkable distance from many Hanoi sights.

Stayed here for one night at the end of our trip. The staff were helpful and friendly. Twin room was a good size. Great location near Ho Kiem lake and the Old Quater making it very easy to explore this part of the city on food - particularly ideal in the evening for eating. Not a party hostel but very convenient if you are just looking for a base to leave your stuff whilst exploring the city.

This was a great place to stay if you are looking to relax. The staff all speak english and are all very helpful. Great free breakfast for you in the morning. The location is perfect. My girlfriend and I are a little bit younger and enjoy to have a more crazy fun place. But this place was great and all the fun is right outside the front door. The only issue I guess we had was that we booked a 8am private driver who showed up at 10am. As well, there were 15 other people in the van as well.

Excellent service and the best location in town. Trustworthy excursions. Cannot recommend enough.

Good value, great location, friendly staff, rooms were clean and cool, just off the corner from the lake, staff are lovely we took a shower after returning from a trip from Halong bay, had tea and organised onward travel, booked again on the same trip. Thoroughly recommend after a long flight and as an entry point through Vietnam.

The hotel is located right next to the Hoan Kiem Lake and is walking distance from all the nice places in the Old Quarters. The hotel staffs were extremely helpful with all the needs of their guests. The room was clean and tidy too. I would definitely stay here again when I am back in Hanoi.

What a wonderful hotel! Excellent accommodations (provided a change of towels, delicious free breakfast, cheap laundry service) and convenient location. However, the best part of staying here was by and large the warm-hearted and very sweet staff. They were so pleasant in welcoming myself and my friends. Thank you so much for helping to make our time in Hanoi so memorable!

Nice hotel in nice location. My only complaint is we stayed 1 night for $22 & had a huge room w/ big glass shower, then 2 nights later returning from Halong they told us they only had nicer $25 rooms. We arrived and they said they were "upgrading" us to a balcony room because they were overbooked. This room was tiny, no shower stall, and the balcony overlooked a noisy street with no view. We asked to be moved but they had no other rooms, they did lower the price but it was still dissapointing.

One of the friendliest hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff couldn't do enough for us in terms of advising on things to do, places to see. They booked a tour for us at short notice. Lovely room with balcony, security box etc, more like a hotel than a hostel, great breakfast too with Vietnamese dumplings etc. The location was excellent too, right beside lake in the heart of the Old Quarter of the city, Difficult to fault it really, excellent value for money

• 2nd Feb 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at Old Centre. Very tidy and clean. They clean out your room everyday. Endless coffee, tea and snacks. Value for what we paid was amazing - we thought we were in the wrong place! The ladies who work there are an absolute gem, and the men all very handsome :) 100% recommend.

I cannot say enough good things about this place! Every detail was accounted for, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the facilities were absolutely perfect and clean, and the location was ideal. Highly, highly recommend!!

• 8th Dec 2014

On our arrival, we were met by the friendly and helpful receptionist - Ms Ann. Rooms were spacious and pretty, great location. They even placed roses petals on the bed!!! How sweet they are! Very grateful for the tour arranged by Ann, we were very satisfied! Highly recommended and would be my first choice for my next visit!

Absolutely amazingly nice and helpfull staff, street a bit noisy but that's same all over Hanoi, otherwise great location. It is actually a guesthouse. Would definitely recommend and would choose again for next visit.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Hungary

Best hotel in Hanoi. Loveliest staff ever and great breakfast. Rooms were spacious and pretty. Would always come back here !!!!

• 10th Nov 2014