Old Centre Hostel Reviews

Plaza del Ayuntamiento, 3 - First Floor, Alicante, Spain

Great place t hang out for a few days,3rd time I've stayed here now,and would always go back.

I had a great time in this hostel! It was my first time staying in a hostel of any kind and I was by myself so I was a bit nervous. However, this was a great 1st experience. The location was absolutely amazing and was right near city hall, which made it really easy to find. As other's have said, the atmosphere is not great in this hostel, but the hostel staff did invite all the guest to go salsa on Wednesday night. Four of us went and it was pretty fun. I would definitely stay here again.

Generally the hostel was very nice, but there was much noise from the outside.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Poland

second visit. will be back :)

The hostel has an unbeatable location - right in the centre of Alicante, near the beach and all tourist sites. Staff were nice and helpful. The rooms and all common areas were very clean. However, I would add night lamps next to each bed so it is possible to read something at night. Also, it was really cold in the hostel (no central heating). These are just details though; I really enjoyed my stay there.

The hostel was excellent and just what I wanted. It couldn't be in a better place, overlooking the town hall square in the old town and a minute's walk to the sea. There was a lot of noise from the new year celebrations in the square but I was expecting that. The staff were friendly and very professional; the room was spotless, wifi worked really well and the place felt very secure. Bathrooms were basic but perfectly adequate and clean.

• 31st Dec 2015

Great Hostel, perfect location and Guillermo (the owner) is a very nice person!

Very friendly staff! Great price and location!

The guy is very helpful, he has many information about walking in the surroundings or along the beaches. We could leave our bicycles for days in his Reception-room. And as it was a very cold day he brought us a heater for the room and extra blankets. We were very comfortable at this small and personal Hostel!

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

it is necessary a vending machine, at least in order to get water.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Colombia

Brilliant location 5 mins walk to beach, the girl who works there really helpful. 100 per cent stay there again. Felt so relaxed.

Very central, lovely staff and good dorms

Quite noisy as this hostel is located in the heart of city.

It is a really nice hostel right in the centre . Has a great atmosphere and give a cosie feeling. This is because the rooms are not filled until the and with beds. It isn't a hostel with a lot extra,s with a bar etc but gives you what you really need for a fair price

It is small and cozy hostel. I stayed 4 mixed room but I was alone. There was no bunk. It is great to sleep in bed. I was clean enough. About security, if you need you can bring padlock. I really like it.

Amazingly friendly and approachable owner, amazing location and very safe place to be.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Poland

Absolutely amazing hostel ! One of the best hostels that I've ever been . I'm really happy that I choose it, I felt like at home from the first moment. Wonderful staff, perfect location, everything was at top level. Close to the Bus station, Tram station, beach and many, many bars, cafes, places to eat . Special greetings to the father of the owner, who helped me with one my problem :) See you soon Old Centre Hostel :)

The location is excellent, but also very popular. Although the hostel itself was very silent, the people on the streets were noisy until dawn. The hostel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The price was really good, and even the Wi Fi was good.

Great, clean and cosy hostel! A negative point is that there's a lot of noise from outside at night, especially in the weekend.. The hostel is near the party places, so if that's what you're searching for, this is excellent!

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Staff are super super super nice, so friendly and so happy to help(super cute too), it's a lovely little homely hostel, kitchen facilities, bathrooms are homely, clean and private, security lockers are perf.(bring a lock) location is great too.. Supermarket for breakfast and whatever literally 5 feet away from the hostel..