Old City Hostel Reviews

Bestekar Osman Sokak,no :9 Divanyolu Cadeesi, Istanbul, Turkey

Very small hostel without lobby, however with a small bar and roof bar. Location is excellent. I had no problems there, however it is not a common hostel )) Three dorms situate vertically on the very narrow old (I mean age, not condition) stairs.

The place was clean, breakfast was good, and the staff was friendly. Location was fantastic, although the windows overlook a busy side street of restaurants so it was qure bustling (it was fine for me, but might be loud for light sleepers who go to bed early). I would definitely recommend this spot!

• 19th Sep 2014

This is good hostel but little hard to find. They should put some big sign on the big street. my room was cozy and clean. It was nice to stay here but if you have heavy luggage or backpack, it will be hard to bring up to room because they dont have elevator.

It is perfect to spend the night and get up early in order to be right next to Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, etc.. The Terrace is on the roof is comfortable and the Staff friendly (they let me use their Internet till like 6pm even though i checked out already). Besides that, it has pretty tiny space. The staircase is more of a spiral staircase and the rooms are pretty crowded since there are only somewhat small cabinets. If that does not bother you the Old City Hostel is highly recomandable.

• 18th Sep 2014

The hostel is right in the center of Sultanahmet. It has a rooftopterasse with a bar which is a bit expensive but perfect to chill out a bit. The free breakfast in the morning is also served on the terrasse. Every room has a bathroom on its own and everything is clean. Because the hostel is so central, bear in mind that it can be loud in the night, so bring earplugs or something.

I enjoyed my one night here. It is a little loud, though, as it is located right in the heart of the old city. Worth it for the ease of getting around, though.

• 28th Aug 2014

The brakfast could be nicer...but I eat a lot!! :) I only met one guy from the staff, he had long hair, he was very very nice! If I go back to Istanbul I would efinetely go to old City Hostel!

The location of the hostel is absolutely perfect, the staff was very nice and it was very clean and comfortable. We highly recommend it !

One of the best hostels I've ever visited. The stafffisREALLYgreat and helpful, everything is clean, comfortable. Rooms look absolutely gorgeous. The pictures here don't lie :) The location is just perfect and you can relax without worrying. I love it here. Visited twice during 1 vacation. Definitelly coming back again. THANK YOU! :)

The dorms are clean, there is air conditioning in the rooms which was definitely a relief as it gets so hot in Turkey, location is very good. It might get a bit loud at night because it's so central.

Really nice hostel in the perfect location to walk around the old city. Everything was nice, clean and cool. Highly recommend

Really enjoyed my stay here, staff were super friendly, very helpful and I even went out with them on my first night! Super close to the tourist attractions, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar etc. Building is cute and dorms are clean. Easy to find, directions are excellent.

Excellent hostel. Coolest staff i have met at any hostel. Very welcoming. Optimal location, dont know if you can find a better located place.

I liked it here, especially the location, but there wasn't a communal atmosphere like I have had at hostels in the past. There was a free breakfast on the roof-nothing special but there was toast, simple sandwich stuff, coffee and juice. There was a bar downstairs but no one was really ever in it. The staff was friendly and knew the area and were able to suggest a few things to me but I only met maybe 3 other guests which was strange because it was July. I was alone in my room for 2 of 3 nights.

Old City Hostel is in an absolutely great location in the old part of Istanbul. It's within 5 mins walking distance to every major site. Everyone working there was extremely nice and helpful. The communal rooms were a little cramped but considering one doesn't spend too much time in the hostel while traveling it didn't matter much except that everyone's luggage littered the floor. I highly recommend this hostel. Though don't use the shuttle service from the airport; cabs are much cheaper.

Location couldn't have been better! Near everything; didn't need the tram except to and from the airport. Very clean and the staff was friendly and welcoming. The terrace was beautiful and perfect for relaxing at the end of the day with our roommates. Would absolutely stay again! ("Luggage storage" wasn't on par with exprctations, but didn't feel unsafe either.)

• 1st Jul 2014

Great location! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. It was very clean. I would definitely recommend it!

• 20th Jun 2014

This hostel was located very close to many of the tourist attractions, and we very rarely needed to use the public transport (which it is also close to). Overall the rooms were very nice, a little bit noisy, but that is to be expected in a busy area. The lockers in the room however did not work- not very safe! The room did have airconditioning and very good bathroom facilities. The wifi dropped out a lot, but still worked. The staff were very friendly, and helpful!

• 19th Jun 2014

Location is excellent! Staff is nice and helpful and dorms are clean.

there is no hot tub! and towels are not included for free!