Old City Hostel Reviews

Bestekar Osman Sokak,no :9 Divanyolu Cadeesi, Istanbul, Turkey

One of the best hostels I've ever visited. The stafffisREALLYgreat and helpful, everything is clean, comfortable. Rooms look absolutely gorgeous. The pictures here don't lie :) The location is just perfect and you can relax without worrying. I love it here. Visited twice during 1 vacation. Definitelly coming back again. THANK YOU! :)

The dorms are clean, there is air conditioning in the rooms which was definitely a relief as it gets so hot in Turkey, location is very good. It might get a bit loud at night because it's so central.

Really nice hostel in the perfect location to walk around the old city. Everything was nice, clean and cool. Highly recommend

Really enjoyed my stay here, staff were super friendly, very helpful and I even went out with them on my first night! Super close to the tourist attractions, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar etc. Building is cute and dorms are clean. Easy to find, directions are excellent.

Excellent hostel. Coolest staff i have met at any hostel. Very welcoming. Optimal location, dont know if you can find a better located place.

I liked it here, especially the location, but there wasn't a communal atmosphere like I have had at hostels in the past. There was a free breakfast on the roof-nothing special but there was toast, simple sandwich stuff, coffee and juice. There was a bar downstairs but no one was really ever in it. The staff was friendly and knew the area and were able to suggest a few things to me but I only met maybe 3 other guests which was strange because it was July. I was alone in my room for 2 of 3 nights.

Old City Hostel is in an absolutely great location in the old part of Istanbul. It's within 5 mins walking distance to every major site. Everyone working there was extremely nice and helpful. The communal rooms were a little cramped but considering one doesn't spend too much time in the hostel while traveling it didn't matter much except that everyone's luggage littered the floor. I highly recommend this hostel. Though don't use the shuttle service from the airport; cabs are much cheaper.

Location couldn't have been better! Near everything; didn't need the tram except to and from the airport. Very clean and the staff was friendly and welcoming. The terrace was beautiful and perfect for relaxing at the end of the day with our roommates. Would absolutely stay again! ("Luggage storage" wasn't on par with exprctations, but didn't feel unsafe either.)

• 1st Jul 2014

Great location! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. It was very clean. I would definitely recommend it!

• 20th Jun 2014

This hostel was located very close to many of the tourist attractions, and we very rarely needed to use the public transport (which it is also close to). Overall the rooms were very nice, a little bit noisy, but that is to be expected in a busy area. The lockers in the room however did not work- not very safe! The room did have airconditioning and very good bathroom facilities. The wifi dropped out a lot, but still worked. The staff were very friendly, and helpful!

• 19th Jun 2014

Location is excellent! Staff is nice and helpful and dorms are clean.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • alexpin
  • Portugal

there is no hot tub! and towels are not included for free!

The hostel owner and I came out becoming friends and surprisingly he knew a fair amount about India and talked about music, culture and the city Istanbul. Very efficient staff and cleanliness gets top marks. Hot shower in the dorm and locker facility. Except you should carry your own pad lock since I was charged an extra 3 TL which I thought was included. I am imagining I will be back here every time I visit the city. Huge thumbs up.

It was clean and it was close to everything. I really enjoyed the staff as well, They were very friendly and helpful.

• 12th May 2014

Right across the street from the blue Mosque. The staff were very friendly, spoke very good English and were helpful. The room was clean, so was the shower and the loo. The hot water depended on who was taking a shower a floor below at the same time. I was lucky but the girl I was sharing the room with was telling horror stories (no idea whether they are true). Breakfast was nice, small towels were free, big ones for hire. WiFi worked fine both in the common area and in the rooms.

When we were looking for a place to stay in Istanbul the location and the price became the most important factors why we made our choice in favor of Old City Hostel. Lots of interesting sights are in a walking distance. The tram station is almost at the door steps. We spent 10 hours on exploring the city and after a long day when we got tired of walking we just sat in Old City Hostel cafe drinking wine and talking about life. The best vacation ever!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Nice place, very well located, nice and helpful staff, very clean beds and amazing rooftop. Not meant for party seekers but perfect for people getting up early to visit around.