9.2
Superb 176 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 176 Total Reviews
Old City Hostel Located at Bestekar Osman Sokak,no :9 Divanyolu Cadeesi, , Istanbul.
Turkey
Istanbul Sultanahmet 34110 Bestekar Osman Sokak,no :9 Divanyolu Cadeesi
92% 176
41.0084187 28.9743053
    Rooms available

8th Jun 2016

Best location near all the main tourist spots. Owner is very friendly and is there to answer all of your questions.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th May 2016

I had the most amazing stay here, the owner Rifat treated me like family. I felt extremely safe and the place was super clean! Location couldn't have been better close to the major tourist attractions and the tram stop.

• mbeemsterboer4119
  • USA, Male, 25-30
20th May 2016

I absolutely loved staying at Old City Hostel. The location is perfect for site seeing in the Old City areabut it is not ideal if you want to be partying a lot, so you have to pick which you prefer. I was okay with staying here and having to take a cab or long walk back from Taksim Square area where you party. The only problem you might run into is that the owner is the only staff so you have to make sure he knows you're gone so he can be there to open it up for you if you get back after 12.

12th May 2016
6.9

Old City Hostel has an excellent location in the heart of old town. However, I found the atmosphere lacking and the staff to be largely rude and unhelpful. When I arrived (at midday) there was nobody there, and I had to wait half an hour to be let in. Breakfast was served at their convenience, not yours. When I left a bag in my locker in an empty dorm after I checked out, instead of being nicely asked to move it elsewhere I was told off and harangued for my mistake. Istanbul has better options.

• mzkatyl1610
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Apr 2016

Hamid was a fantastic host and extremely friendly and knowledgable about the city - I always felt welcomed and after my 5 nights I felt like I have made some true friends in Istanbul. The Turkish breakfast was great and there was always fun people to hang out with out in the cafe or the terrace. The location is the best thing about this hostel - Old City alone will keep you busy for days.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2016

Very quiet as very few guests due to high alertness in Turkey

26th Jan 2016

The hostel is in a five star location, surrounded by many restaurants both affordable and fancy. Many places to get breakfast or groceries. The hostel had lockers, you need to bring a lock. The beds each had two outlets and a light. It was really everything you needed! The owner was incredibly nice also.