Old City Hostel Reviews

Bestekar Osman Sokak,no :9 Divanyolu Cadeesi, Istanbul, Turkey

Really nice hostel, I thought the staff were friendly and helpful. Also, I met some nice people in my room and we had some good conversations together.

The owner, Rifat, is always available to help in any way. Great location and close to the Hagia Sophia and the Grand Bazaar. It can be noisy due to all the restaurants and busy activities of the area and people coming in and out of the room. Normal hostel life! Bring ear plugs. Upstairs has a great view of the Blue Mosque. Be sure to step out onto the terrace. I watched many sunsets over the Blue Mosque here!

Negative: Very unfriendly staff. Towels were not included in the price. Breakfast was mediocre. Location and sorrounding area is super-touristic and "grabby". Bring a lock. Due to these reasons I left 3 nights earlier and didn't get any money back (might be ok policy-wise). Positive: Breakfast is included. A restaurant is attached to the Hostel with a cheap and good menu for Hostel guests. If you are into that touristic stuff the location is ideal. Roof-Terrace is great.

• 25th May 2015

I loved my stay here. The staff were wonderful and full of helpful advice. The location was ideal and it was easy to walk or use public transport wherever necessary. This was my second time staying, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Hostel was very cramped but rooms were extremely nice and very clean. Breakfast on roof was pretty basic but great location to see all the sites

Not all the staffs can speak English well except boss...

• 31st Mar 2015
  • China

The staff was great and helpful as ever. THANKS a lot. We really appreciated their attitude towards us since we had late change of plans and one person of our group abandoned us right before the trip to Istanbul. They made it possible to change the booking in the last moment, so we could feel safer in female dorm.

the hostel is in a great location, it has very spacious and clean rooms (the same for the bathrooms). Breakfast excellent and staff always available. highly recommended

GOOD: Good WiFi, good location only 150 m from the Sultanahmet Tram stop and close to the attractions. BAD: You have to pay to use lockable storage cabinets, 3 of the 5 nights was the toilet paper out (early morning) you really don't want to go down half naked and frozen to the front desk and ask for a toilet roll... Except for the owner of the hostel, so is the other staff not helpful and pleasant. One of them speaks no English. Not particularly suitable...

Had a pleasant stay here for a week! Great location for sightseeing, friendly and helpful staff and really comfortable beds :) Would recommend to all you fellow travellers

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Rifat And his father (The boss hehe) were really friendly, helpful With me and all the people There during my 5 days spent at Old city hostel. The hostel has a really Good location (2 min walk to Hagia Sophia). The dorms are nice and clean.. Nice place to stay in Istanbul.

Perfect location - right between all the tourist sights of the old city. The hostel was quiet while I was there, but the area is bustling - fun to watch the neighbouring restaurants compete for business. The owner is a great guy - worth staying just to meet him.

Very small hostel without lobby, however with a small bar and roof bar. Location is excellent. I had no problems there, however it is not a common hostel )) Three dorms situate vertically on the very narrow old (I mean age, not condition) stairs.

The place was clean, breakfast was good, and the staff was friendly. Location was fantastic, although the windows overlook a busy side street of restaurants so it was qure bustling (it was fine for me, but might be loud for light sleepers who go to bed early). I would definitely recommend this spot!

• 19th Sep 2014

This is good hostel but little hard to find. They should put some big sign on the big street. my room was cozy and clean. It was nice to stay here but if you have heavy luggage or backpack, it will be hard to bring up to room because they dont have elevator.

It is perfect to spend the night and get up early in order to be right next to Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, etc.. The Terrace is on the roof is comfortable and the Staff friendly (they let me use their Internet till like 6pm even though i checked out already). Besides that, it has pretty tiny space. The staircase is more of a spiral staircase and the rooms are pretty crowded since there are only somewhat small cabinets. If that does not bother you the Old City Hostel is highly recomandable.

• 18th Sep 2014

The hostel is right in the center of Sultanahmet. It has a rooftopterasse with a bar which is a bit expensive but perfect to chill out a bit. The free breakfast in the morning is also served on the terrasse. Every room has a bathroom on its own and everything is clean. Because the hostel is so central, bear in mind that it can be loud in the night, so bring earplugs or something.

I enjoyed my one night here. It is a little loud, though, as it is located right in the heart of the old city. Worth it for the ease of getting around, though.

The brakfast could be nicer...but I eat a lot!! :) I only met one guy from the staff, he had long hair, he was very very nice! If I go back to Istanbul I would efinetely go to old City Hostel!

The location of the hostel is absolutely perfect, the staff was very nice and it was very clean and comfortable. We highly recommend it !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5