Old City Hostel Reviews

3 Beryndy Str., Lviv, Ukraine

Location is very good, next to a main square and the two clubs are almost around the corner. Regarding atmosphere they still have some way to go to get to the level of some of the best hostels, but all in all we had little to complain about. We could even use the beds already for a discount price because we arrived really early, which was appreciated.

Very good location, clean and safe. There is a very unpleasant smell coming from the bathroom in the superior double room. No noise insulation and if the other guests are noisy in the lounge, you will be distributed. Not a great atmosphere. Staff does the job, not more. There must be better deals...

The wifi of the second floor was very poor. The rest excellent.

This hostel is located close to the center of Lviv/Lvov, with plenty of restaurants and museums close by. Overall everything was great, with a few minor exceptions; the large area with one set of showers doesn't have a lot of light. The kitchen and lounge area fill up quickly if there are a lot of people staying at the hostel. The door to the balcony is currently broken, so if you want to go out to the balcony and people-watch, you need to be very careful when opening the door.

We are an older couple and have stayed at many hostels. It's not worth getting a private room at this hostel. For the money, you can get a good 3 star hotel for a little more money and a lot more value. There was a sewer odor in the hallway leading to the 2nd floor rooms. There's no real space to meet people either. Staff were super nice and helpful but there are no organized tours or pubcrawls or any attempt to get people to meet each other. I can't comment on the dorms.

2 minutes distance to Old Town, helpful and experienced staff, walls of the rooms were covered with the city map, minibar inside, aaaaand the slippers :) Nice hostel with its historical building as well as its historical elevator :) Feel free.

Decent place.

Despite there being few tourists in Lviv and Ukraine in General at present I would recommend the Old City Hostel on location alone. Comfortable accommodation and excellent wifi access.

Very good hostel ! I came here after staying in another one for 2 nights. Was happy to have switched to Old city hostel!

The hostel is really good. You are directly in center of the city. It is not huge but you will find everything you need. And they have definitely good and fair prises.

• 5th Aug 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at Old City Hostel, the staff will go the extra mile to make your stay in Lviv as enjoyable as possible, a perfect location in the center of all majors tourist attractions and it was cleaner than my apartment…and I’m a clean freak!!! If you can afford it, rent the private room… it’s big and cozy. Thanks for making my stay in Lviv one of my Coup-de-Coeur of my trip...

Located on a street with lots of noisy traffic 24/7. No air condition meant that we had to sleep in The 10 bed dorm with windows open anyway. Otherwise no complains. A good base for exploring The old town.

My room was at the first floor, giving on a central road and was very noisy all day long. Also, there was no instant coffee or coffe machine available for clients, only some coffe powder to boil with water. For the rest my stay was pleasant.

• 15th Jul 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed. The location is excellent. The staff is extremely professional and kind, helping me with buying train ticket to Kiev, and so on. The single room with private bathroom was quiet and comfortable. Will definitely stay there when I go back to Lviv again.

• 4th Jul 2014

friendly and helpfull

Thanks! Your welcome!

Great location, near of all main attractions and very kind personel. I would stay again here!

Thanks! Your welcome!