Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

It's the most clean hostel I ever been to .. No shoes at all inside which some times hard even to Asian as me.. Staff are friendly and they sort of family.. The most thing I hate in this hostel is the light off after certain time at night until something between 8-9 am no light at all u have to pee or shower in dark :( other than that is fantastic .. One of my recommend places to stay at Phily .. Enjoy !!

This was my first hostel experience and it has set a high standard for future travel. Booking and check in were effortless, and we were able to store our luggage early which is a great perk when traveling on foot. It is within walking distance of the metro rail from the airport, as well as Megabus locations. Similarly, many of the "major" historical Philadelphia attractions are within 10 mins. The staff and fellow guests were all very amiable. The house is VERY clean and beds comfortable.

• 5th Jan 2016

The hosts are all very kind and very easy to speak with. They suggest cool bars and restaurants and they organize always something nice.

Good hostel. Rooms spatious, common area nice and staff helpful. 15-20mn walk from the center. A bit disappointed that the staff member to whom I asked what I should see in town didn't even mention there was the mummers parade going on so I missed the whole thing (since I was only in Philly for a day I didn't plan anything and was counting on the staff to tell me what to see). Showers not the greatest but alright. Would recommend staying there.

I loved my time at Old City Philly House, the staff is simply amazing and kind, and the nice and cozy environment makes it feel more like a house than a hostel, but still with daily activities and social gatherings. Location is great, in the middle of old town Philly, just blocks away from the main touristic spots. Free beer everyday!

Amazing staffcute but small.

Great stay! The hostel is located in the old town, it is really clean, the staff organize activities every night... The hostel where to stay in Philadelphia!

• 15th Dec 2015

Awesome location, nice and helpful staff and clean rooms.

Quite a small hostel with a friendly environment and a nice atmosphere. Everything clean, specially bathroom and showers! Helpful and nice staff, helped us with everything we needed. We didn't use the kitchen facilities, but it seems to have everything anyone needs.

I highly recommend this place to anybody visiting Philadelphia. Clean and very friendly.

• 3rd Dec 2015

There really should be a better way to communicate the actual price of staying there.

• 1st Dec 2015

Great experience. Staff are super friendly

Small Hostel situated in a great part of the Old City. Keycode entry provides a degree of security and lockers are available if you have a padlock. The staff seemed somewhat inexperienced, check-in was slow and our quick tour of the small hostel took much long. Perhaps it is better to provide a lot of information up front for inexperienced travelers, but we were only staying for one night. This is a solid, no-frills hostel where you are likely to make a friend or two.

Place is super clean. Staff are totally friendly and helpful. I will live there again

This hostel was good. But; Facilities: - Great: bunch of TV channels, tv shows, netflix, free and good internet connection (definitely not free), games & books - good: kitchen, beds with duvet (comfy), doorcode operated front door with staff 24/7 = sort of secure, free towel, quiet hours 22pm-10am (9am is probably better) - bad: free coffee and free beer - terrible: bathrooms are just not up to scratch. Seriously that needs improving. P.S.: on duty staff needs ID badge.

awesome team!!

The location was great, close to everything. The facility as very lean and staff was wonderful.

• 9th Nov 2015

Good location in the heart of old city. Walking distance to independence hall etc. Great staff being very helpful. Definitely recommend this hostel if you are on a short stay in Philly.

Other than the rooms being quite warm (too warm for our group to sleep super comfortable in), we could not have asked for a nicer staff and great location! It was chill and relaxing. Just what we needed :)

• 5th Nov 2015

The staff was amazing! Incredibly friendly, thorough, and just good people.

• 2nd Nov 2015