Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

The staffs are awesome! Very nice and helpful! Very clean place!

AWESOME The location in old Philly is awesome. The hostel is very clean which is awesome, Staff is great and very helpful (awesome) just like I said its an Awesome place the stay

Chad and his staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. At age 56 I knew that I was outside the usual hostel demographic but all was great: I participated in the tours, happy hours, movie nights and other house activities that fit into my schedule. The hostel is only a few minutes walk from the Liberty Bell. I can only hope to emulate the cleanliness of the hostel now that I am back in my own condo. I liked having competent and welcoming staff on duty 24 hours a day.

• 7th Apr 2015

Old City Philly House was a completely charming little hostel. All the rooms were impeccably clean, the staff were friendly, outgoing and helpful, and the atmosphere was super relaxed. I would love to visit again!

• 7th Apr 2015

Go there if you are looking for chilling people ! Awesome place.

• 7th Apr 2015

Hostel was very cosy, clean and was very artsy in design! The staff who checked us in (Chad) was very helpful and friendly and also gave us lots of tips about things to do in Philly. The only disappointment was that the air-conditioning broke down on the day we were there and hence it was a warm and stuffy night with 8 people in a room. Other than that I had a nice time there and I liked that they have lots of games and books and even organizes events with free food and drinks. Def recommended!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Wonderful staff and atmosphere, great value, people really go out of their way to help out.

We only had a very brief stay, but the staff were helpful, the facilities comfortable, and I would definitely stay there again!

Chad,the boss cocky has a very good happy bunch of workers who all know their job and are very quick at giving out advice on the local area.i would hate to think how many times a day the floors,bathroom and kitchen were cleaned,well into double figures. Quite hours was strictly enforced,all in all you would go a long way to get a better quality and run hostel. If I ever return to the area I definately would return without a doubt. TEAM,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND I SINCERELY HOPE ITISRECKONISED

Excellent place!

• 31st Mar 2015

Wifi was awful. Rooms were small. Very loud as everything is off the main corridor.

Our stay at old city philly house was great! Even thought we spend only one night, the staff and also other travelers were very friendly. We got really nice explanation of how it works in the hostel, also we were really happy about the fact that hostel provided us with a map and recommendation about things what to see and where to eat. Especially apreciated was the game night! Thank you for having us!

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

It is perfect place. Especially, staffa are so freindly. Cheap and Clean.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

I thought this place was amazing. It was my first time ever staying at a hostel and they made me feel like I was home. Chad, who was in charge most of the 24 hours I was there, was a great help to me. He told me where to go in the city and how to maximize my stay in Philadelphia. He really knew the city inside out and made my stay a great one.

• 26th Mar 2015

Excellent option to stay in the old city in Philly. Everything is clean and the staff is outstanding

The Hostel is great. Small, simple, well run by Chad. It is miticulously clean and well maintained. The location is great. Walking distance to everything in Philly. Reasonably priced in comparison to the inflated cost of nearby hotels. They make a nice effort to help travelers experience the city and even do bar crawls at night. Vanessa and Grace were fantastic!!! We will definitely be back!

Amazing location, great staff, comfortable beds, nice showers

I stayed there for one night only. Yet the staff warmly welcomed me and showed me around. Many guests there went to the same conference that I went to. So it was lots of fun!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • China

Super great hostel! Thank you very much for the kind and homey atmosphere!

simply incredible staff!