Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Americans apparently don't know how to do a hostel. I found the staff was very un-knowledgable about the city, they were unable to provide any assistance and used "it's written in the policy" to excuse their lack of assistance and help. I found them highly inconsiderate, and slightly rude. Many rules: we don't do this or we are this etc... which is great if you're a guest, but paying customers should be able to wear their shoes to the room if they feel inclined.

• 20th Aug 2015

Had a great stay, cool Hostel, near everything.

I really enjoyed my stay! It's a small hostel with excellent, clean facilities and really helpful/approachable/friendly staff! They had lots of advice and fun inclusive things to get involved in, in the evening, which is great if you're travelling solo! As well as quite time 10pm - 10am, which was unique and thoughtful! Excellent value for money with great facilities! Would 100% recommend and definitely stay here again!

Good hostel, friendly staff, and they have 2 guitars that you can play! ;)

I had the best time there, the staff is really awesome!

• 15th Aug 2015

A nice little place in the heart of Philly. The staff were friendly and it felt really really clean. They set up daily activities ( such as bar hopping and karaoke) and also had some happy hour specials. All in all a very good hostel

It´s a great hostel for young people, the facilities are clean, the crew is helpfull and amiable and there are activities every night. The ubication is great.

An amazing place for a younger crowd. The Quiet hours are more like Silent Hours, which are enforced strictly. Bathrooms could do with an upgrade, but the no shoes thing works well, beds are comfy and staff are lovely. Just give it a miss if you're in town for partying.

Nice hostel! Good place to stay.

The hostel was in a good location, clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the only thing I could be negative about was that the bathrooms need a little work.

The hostel was very clean -- including restrooms; however they charged me more than indicated on my confirmation booking email, which is slightly disappointing.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Russia

It's homelike atmosphere, except the staff was a little bit "green" and provincial (turned out to be friendlier later when they got to know you better or the other way round), still which was not that welcome at your arriving day. There was no toaster for you to make toasts but the lad said they would buy one in the near future.

Excellent stay! The staff is very friendly and the stay was extremely enjoyable. Thank you!

One of the staff didn't gave me any privacy at all. They would first off never knock on the door they would just walk in whenever they want. Next i ask a question about the sheets/blanket and the staff wasn't helpful.

• 6th Aug 2015

The location is perfect; just a short walk away to the most important and most interesting sights in Philly. The hostel itself is quite small so I soon got to know the other guests as well as the staff members. That makes it a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. The staff members are helpful, kind and always in a good mood. They are great fun and make the hostel a lovely and ideal place to stay. I wish I would have stayed longer than just two days.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Austria

I strongly recommend this hostel if you're visiting Philly, the staff is very nice and they worry about your comfortability and take care of you having a good time. the rooms and bathroom are very clean and the facilities and the kitchen too. They also organise activities if you want to participate with the other mates. I will go again if I visit Philly and is also cheap! the only this is they don't serve breakfast but in the corner there is a bar where you can take it and very good.100% rating!

Tisch und Stuhl fehlen im Zimmer

• 3rd Aug 2015

I loves the environment of this hostel; I meet really great staff members and enjoyed the environment. I would recommend this hostel to anyone of my friends!

Super friendly and caring staff, nice facilities in top location. Would have loved to stay longer but had already plans... will definitely come again whenever I visit Philadelphia in the future!

Had a great time here. Staff is cool and it's nice and small which makes it very cosy. You'll feel right at home! Plus you can easily walk to all the landmarks.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7