Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Had a great time here. Staff is cool and it's nice and small which makes it very cosy. You'll feel right at home! Plus you can easily walk to all the landmarks.

Stayed for this is hardcore close to athe event staff were awesome and helpfull Lola and Layla

This hostel was nice. The bedroom was small and felt safe. The fan in the room was good. The toilets and showers were not clean though (hair on the floor and smelly). If you are going to be a shoe free hostel cleanliness needs to be much much higher. The atmosphere wasn't amazing but that was probably more to do with the guests at the time.

I had an amazing time at the old city Philly. As a first time female traveller, travelling solo, the gang (both staff and other hostellers) made me feel so welcome. It was like a little family, with everyone either sat around chilling or doing something fun! Would recommend to anyone. Thank you so much and may cross paths again in the future x

• 19th Jul 2015

Clean and comfortable, friendly staff, brilliant showers, unbeatable location. Fun social atmosphere for a small place, but quiet enough late for a good night's sleep. Highly recommended.

Pretty Rad. Nia's dress sense is impeccable. Really good atmosphere, everyone works hard to make sure you have a good time. Of the 30+ hostels i've stayed at the staff here are definitely some of the best I have come across. If I ever come back to Philly I'll definitely be back

The best part about this hostel is the vibe -- the staff create a very relaxed and social atmosphere, and the happy hour (free beer!) and nightly events are great for when you've got nothing to in the evening. The staff (especially Lola and Nia) were always on hand to help out with any questions or just to chat.

Loved loved LOVED this hostel. Felt like home, super welcoming and really clean. We can't recommend it enough! The staff were so friendly and helpful, particularly Lola, who went out of her way to make our stay the best if could be. By far the best hostel we stayed in. If we're ever back in Philly we will be back!

• 14th Jul 2015

We loved our stay here and already want to go back, the place was so clean and tidy. We got along with everyone and the size is perfect for getting to know people. Lola was amazing! We loved her. All the other staff were also so welcoming and helpful! Loved it here. We've stayed at a lot of hostels and this was our favourite easily. So thank you so much for running such a great hostel with such high standards.

Great location, walking distance to all of the Old Philly attractions, the Liberty Bell and even Center City! Staff is super friendly and helpful, and the hostel has arranged activities in the evenings that give everyone a chance to socialize. It's a no shoes hostel but everything is kept very clean. No separate luggage storage, but common areas are monitors by security cameras and for the smaller things they have lockers (but bring your own lock)! Great experience, will be back!

Spent a week at the old city philly hostel, from day one I was welcomed and encouraged to go out with the other guests and have fun with the staff that were working. The staff clean thoroughly every day and make sure that all the guests have a clean environment, whilst I was there I was looked after by chad, lola, nia, Brandon, mery ann and Morgan who were all very professional and courteous and if I'm ever to return to philly I know where I'm staying!!!

The whole crew were very kind and helpful! The hostel is very well positioned. It is really easy to go on foot to most places. Looking forward to come back! Lucas

• 12th Jul 2015

The hostel was kept very clean! The atmosphere was made exciting with planned social events. My only criticism would be the parking. It was not mentioned that the only parking would be a few blocks away and cost $35 a night!!! This was almost as much as it cost to stay in the hostel itself.

• 7th Jul 2015

Very lovely place and nice team.

It´'s without a doubt the best place to stay in Philadelphia, the staff is awesome, the location is amazing and the atmosphere is great.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very friendly staff and a nice atmosphere, you feel very welcome!

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Perfect location, perfect staff, just great!

• 3rd Jul 2015

I enjoyed my time at Old City Philly House. I think it was an excellent location. It is close to the visitor center, close to transportation and Olde City has a pretty good night life. I felt the staff wasnt as knowledgeable as I would of expected, but they tired to make sure I got where I need to go and had fun. Quality of the hostel was good and clean. I was disappointed that the individual doors didnt look nor did they provide locks for the lockers. Overall I would recommend it.

A very clean and friendly hostel. Staff were absolutely fantastic, made the stay in Philadelphia worth it!

• 27th Jun 2015

Wonderful experience! The staff was so kind and kept the facility extremely clean. Location is perfect and was a great value. I definitely plan on staying here again if I come to Philadelphia in the future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6