Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Small hostel ran by awesome staff. Great place to get to know other travelers, you can bond over happy hour, some wii games, or netflix. This place really feels like a home. Located near many awesome restaurants and is walking distance to historic sites. The restrooms are slightly small and limited so I imagine it could be cramped during tourist season but overall very enjoyable stay!

One of the best I've stayed in, awesome staff, clean facilities, good common area and it's located less than 5 min from independence hall. I came to Philly because I heard from a friend how awesome it was, and it was the highlight of the city! Most staff is working for accommodation, but is giving the best, welcoming and friendly service possible. I got the feeling of visiting a friend rather than staying in a hostel. Awesome.

Best Hostel in the city! Nice people around! Very Friendly.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Argentina

This hostel was the perfect place to stop for a few nights in Philadelphia! All of the staff were lovely, it was very clean, and it had a nice kitchen lounge area where you could chill out in the evening.

Lovely place! Will return for sure if visiting Philadelphia again! :)

The staffs are awesome! Very nice and helpful! Very clean place!

Staff are extremely friendly, shout out to Chad and Grace for their hospitality!

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

AWESOME The location in old Philly is awesome. The hostel is very clean which is awesome, Staff is great and very helpful (awesome) just like I said its an Awesome place the stay

Chad and his staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. At age 56 I knew that I was outside the usual hostel demographic but all was great: I participated in the tours, happy hours, movie nights and other house activities that fit into my schedule. The hostel is only a few minutes walk from the Liberty Bell. I can only hope to emulate the cleanliness of the hostel now that I am back in my own condo. I liked having competent and welcoming staff on duty 24 hours a day.

• 7th Apr 2015

Old City Philly House was a completely charming little hostel. All the rooms were impeccably clean, the staff were friendly, outgoing and helpful, and the atmosphere was super relaxed. I would love to visit again!

• 7th Apr 2015

Go there if you are looking for chilling people ! Awesome place.

• 7th Apr 2015

Hostel was very cosy, clean and was very artsy in design! The staff who checked us in (Chad) was very helpful and friendly and also gave us lots of tips about things to do in Philly. The only disappointment was that the air-conditioning broke down on the day we were there and hence it was a warm and stuffy night with 8 people in a room. Other than that I had a nice time there and I liked that they have lots of games and books and even organizes events with free food and drinks. Def recommended!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

The Old City Philly House is a nice and comfortable hostel, with very friendly and attentive staff.

• 4th Apr 2015

Wonderful staff and atmosphere, great value, people really go out of their way to help out.

This hostel definitely has a homey feel. The staff were really nice and offered a free beer during happy hour each day. The place was very clean and comfortable.

We only had a very brief stay, but the staff were helpful, the facilities comfortable, and I would definitely stay there again!

Chad,the boss cocky has a very good happy bunch of workers who all know their job and are very quick at giving out advice on the local area.i would hate to think how many times a day the floors,bathroom and kitchen were cleaned,well into double figures. Quite hours was strictly enforced,all in all you would go a long way to get a better quality and run hostel. If I ever return to the area I definately would return without a doubt. TEAM,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND I SINCERELY HOPE ITISRECKONISED

Excellent place!

• 31st Mar 2015

Wifi was awful. Rooms were small. Very loud as everything is off the main corridor.

Our stay at old city philly house was great! Even thought we spend only one night, the staff and also other travelers were very friendly. We got really nice explanation of how it works in the hostel, also we were really happy about the fact that hostel provided us with a map and recommendation about things what to see and where to eat. Especially apreciated was the game night! Thank you for having us!

• 29th Mar 2015