Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Amazing location, great staff, comfortable beds, nice showers

I stayed there for one night only. Yet the staff warmly welcomed me and showed me around. Many guests there went to the same conference that I went to. So it was lots of fun!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • China

Super great hostel! Thank you very much for the kind and homey atmosphere!

simply incredible staff!

A great hostel, definitely the best we have stayed at in the US. It is quite small so the staff can get to know you. All the staff were very helpful and caring and the atmosphere was great. The only minor negative was that they don't have a washer/dryer. The location was awesome, walking distance to everything.

Again thanks to Lee and Teron and Chad for having a great time! :-) Stepanka

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

This was definitely one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. The hospitality of the staff was unbelievable. The fact that they took the time to learn all of our names and plan activities for us every evening goes above and beyond what is expected!

Cheap, clean and have a good athmosphere.

This was my first hostel stay ever, and im so pleased that i felt happy and safe in this charming lil hostel. Although i wasn't feeling too "social" at the time, the staff and other guests were totally accommodating and i really appreciated being able to relax. So thank you! ^_^

Competent, friendly staff. Clean, attractive facility. Location, location, location!!

• 4th Mar 2015

Great place. Just had an unfortunate situation.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Great hostel, really good location and even better staff. Chad even organized an impromptu walking tour of the historic area surrounding the hostel. With def stay again.

Advices for parking lot would be welcome as the hostel does not have one.

Great place to stay! The location is perfect with most of the sight seeing activities within walking distance as well as being close to metro stations. Great atmosphere, the staff are incredibly friendly, chatty and helpful. We found the map tours offered by the staff incredibly helpful and they helped us to see everything we wanted to and make the most of our stay. Everything seemed to be safe with plenty of lockers available. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Wales

Enjoyed our stay. Great hostel !

Best Hostel ever! The trivial pursuit evenings never got boring :)

Less of a hostel, more of a halfway home for interesting and kind social travellers. Never before have I stayed somewhere that made me feel so welcome, with staff wanting to befriend and know each and every guest. A huge shout out to all the staff: the lovely Luq, Emily, Alysha, Teron, Jay, Max and Sam who were just marvellous! And of course, Chad, who basically defines the word 'SUPER'. His events were out of this world. Stay here! But be warned, you'll miss it when you leave.

• 24th Feb 2015

Hey, i won't recommend it because of something. Someone from another sleeping room went into our room and pissed in the room and on the luggage of other people (i was lucky, not mine;) )... Idiot, the hostel isn't responsible for that. BUT we said it and they didn't care! Only sprayed 3 times on the with sth (not on all) and they didnt even care about the luggage... they wouldnt even have done sth to the floor if i wouldnt habe a little bit of pressure... and nothing happened to the boy... worst

• 20th Feb 2015

The people where very friendly and the place is very clean and comfortable.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Hostel needs a large sign out the front, otherwise you will miss it like I did. Great location. Staff are friendly. Very small hostel, very cosy. Didn't appreciate how I was assigned a bed though. I was the first one there but I wasn't given a choice (and it turned out I was given the wrong bed anyway). Bit annoying how the onus is on you to get your change the next day as they don't keep cash around.

View all Philadelphia Hostels