Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

I was traveling for a business trip so I was not around the hostel much but for the time I was around I enjoyed the experience. The staff was friendly and the facilities were clean.

Great hostel, great staff! Thanks so much!

Our room was too hot and though the staff said they would reduce the heat, it remained too hot to sleep comfortably.

• 27th Oct 2015

Travelled the world and this hostel is a 5star gaff.. Felt the love from the second we arrived.. Best hostel I've ever stayed in.. Cleanest too.. Immaculate and location is unbeatable if ur on a national treasure tour.. Everything is just perfect.. Beds are so comfy.. Loved being there.. Wished we were still there.. Can't think of anything bad cos it is better than good in all departments.. Will stay again, every day of the week Guys n girls.. Don't worry, this is somewhere very very sa

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I didn't like the mixed rooms, I know the hostel is small and they can't afford to have single gender rooms but I didn't like that about my stay. There is also a lack of ventilation in the rooms and definitely in the restrooms.

Hostel is super clean, staff friendly, wi-fi is great, kitchen is nice, rooms are nice, showers are nice. Would for sure stay again!

We stayed in the hostel for our first two nights in Philly and I like that it is quite central. When we arrived, the young lady was friendly and showed us everything. Unfortunately our room was really dirty (everybody had to leave the shoes at the door - that doesn't mean that the rooms should be cleaned only once a week!) - the toilets as well, especially in the morning. Our room was directly next to the reception desk and front door and it was extremy loud between 11 pm and 6 am!!!

It was a really good opportunity to stay in Philadelphia and the Old City Philly House exceeded all my expectations, with a great location and staff.

Awesome hostel! Great location, very helpful staffs and good people!! The price is also great; very cozy and only 2 minutes away from the subway station. High recommended!

• 17th Oct 2015
  • China

The staff is really helpful and the location is awesome! They have good happy hour everyday offering free beer!!

The staff here was great, this was my first time staying in a Hostel but they all made it a really comfortable environment, Staff and patrons both ended up hanging out at the end of the night to watch American Horror Story. The facilitates are clean and incredibly comfortable, although during my stay there one of the bathrooms was out of order. Within walking all the great historical sites of Philadelphia, as well as many night clubs and music venues, but it still sets on a quiet street.

• 14th Oct 2015

Super clean hostel with a really friendly staff

• 13th Oct 2015

Very friendly and helpful 24 hour staff. Hostel charged a few dollars more than the "Amount Due On Arrival" shown in the confirmation email. Awesome location in Old City. Great comfy common room with giant TV, guitars, and game consoles. Very clean and homey facility--the no shoes policy is a great rule! Free coffee and tea (no breakfast). I received a complimentary beer in the evening. Would recommend overall, but they need to fix "Amount Due On Arrival" to reflect the proper price.

We really enjoyed our stay and the pubcrawl in the evening. The cleanliness in the bathroom cold be improved. Especially the jalousie.

The lockers sould be available in the room.

• 9th Oct 2015

The hostel is extremely central. It is 1 minute walk from the US Mint, and about 5 minutes' walk from Independence Hall. I was there in October and the rooms were a bit warm; they could do with a fan of some sort to generate more air circulation. I liked that this is a shoe-free hostel (so guests leave their shoes on a rack at the door). I would stay again.

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Malta

The staff was awesome and the facilities were great. Couldn't of asked for a better location to be in for visiting Philly. I'll be back within the year.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, hands down.

This hostel was a little oasis of life in a city that was otherwise dead during the weekend of World Meeting of Families and the papal visit. AJ set the tone for my visit with a great welcome, a tour, and a beer! The DC connection did not hurt, either. The overall facility (rooms, lobby area, bathrooms) were spacious and immaculately clean. I would come back here again. I wasn't sure who else was staff and who were visitors so I couldn't quite tell by their demeanor or interactions.

This is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The common room is amazing and comfortable and encourages socialising from all guests, the staff are absolutely amazing and super helpful, and free drinks every night! Would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone I know heading to Philly.

• 16th Sep 2015