Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Had a great time here. Staff is cool and it's nice and small which makes it very cosy. You'll feel right at home! Plus you can easily walk to all the landmarks.

Stayed for this is hardcore close to athe event staff were awesome and helpfull Lola and Layla

This hostel was nice. The bedroom was small and felt safe. The fan in the room was good. The toilets and showers were not clean though (hair on the floor and smelly). If you are going to be a shoe free hostel cleanliness needs to be much much higher. The atmosphere wasn't amazing but that was probably more to do with the guests at the time.

My friend and I had a great stay at this hostel. The location is good and it is clean and has a fun atmosphere with activities on most nights. The staff and friendly and lots of fun, especially Lola.

• 22nd Jul 2015

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff are so so lovely and helpful (shout out to Lola and Nia!) I also thought the 'happy hour' idea was great as it mean't we could meet everyone staying there and really feel like part of a community within the hostel. Security, location and cleanliness were also great here, thank you for a wonderful stay! xx

I had an amazing time at the old city Philly. As a first time female traveller, travelling solo, the gang (both staff and other hostellers) made me feel so welcome. It was like a little family, with everyone either sat around chilling or doing something fun! Would recommend to anyone. Thank you so much and may cross paths again in the future x

• 19th Jul 2015

Clean and comfortable, friendly staff, brilliant showers, unbeatable location. Fun social atmosphere for a small place, but quiet enough late for a good night's sleep. Highly recommended.

Pretty Rad. Nia's dress sense is impeccable. Really good atmosphere, everyone works hard to make sure you have a good time. Of the 30+ hostels i've stayed at the staff here are definitely some of the best I have come across. If I ever come back to Philly I'll definitely be back

The best part about this hostel is the vibe -- the staff create a very relaxed and social atmosphere, and the happy hour (free beer!) and nightly events are great for when you've got nothing to in the evening. The staff (especially Lola and Nia) were always on hand to help out with any questions or just to chat.

Loved it when I was there, left an item with the hostel and at first they were great at helping. However then they didn't reply for 5 days when it was an important item and I was loosing time,I followed it up 4 times, when they did reply they changed their tone and became very rude and bad mannered, I felt ganged up on. I thought the people were so nice and welcoming, now I see it was all very fake, and also received an email asking for a 5 star review. So disappointed, tainted our stay badly.

Loved loved LOVED this hostel. Felt like home, super welcoming and really clean. We can't recommend it enough! The staff were so friendly and helpful, particularly Lola, who went out of her way to make our stay the best if could be. By far the best hostel we stayed in. If we're ever back in Philly we will be back!

• 14th Jul 2015

Great location, walking distance to all of the Old Philly attractions, the Liberty Bell and even Center City! Staff is super friendly and helpful, and the hostel has arranged activities in the evenings that give everyone a chance to socialize. It's a no shoes hostel but everything is kept very clean. No separate luggage storage, but common areas are monitors by security cameras and for the smaller things they have lockers (but bring your own lock)! Great experience, will be back!

It has a convenient location. We din't have to use public transportation. You can walk to everywere in a few minutes, even to the art museum (Rocky stairs)!! The staff girls are so nice, they gave us a quick tour on the city map. We spent a good time in Philly!

Spent a week at the old city philly hostel, from day one I was welcomed and encouraged to go out with the other guests and have fun with the staff that were working. The staff clean thoroughly every day and make sure that all the guests have a clean environment, whilst I was there I was looked after by chad, lola, nia, Brandon, mery ann and Morgan who were all very professional and courteous and if I'm ever to return to philly I know where I'm staying!!!

The whole crew were very kind and helpful! The hostel is very well positioned. It is really easy to go on foot to most places. Looking forward to come back! Lucas

• 12th Jul 2015

The hostel was kept very clean! The atmosphere was made exciting with planned social events. My only criticism would be the parking. It was not mentioned that the only parking would be a few blocks away and cost $35 a night!!! This was almost as much as it cost to stay in the hostel itself.

• 7th Jul 2015

Very lovely place and nice team.

It´'s without a doubt the best place to stay in Philadelphia, the staff is awesome, the location is amazing and the atmosphere is great.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very friendly staff and a nice atmosphere, you feel very welcome!

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Perfect location, perfect staff, just great!

• 3rd Jul 2015