Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

I have only good things to say about this hostel, excellent location, great staff and great facilities. I strongly recommend it!

This was perhaps the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It is clean enough to eat off the floor (they have a ZERO tolerance policy on wearing shoes indoors, as the place is cleaned daily, from floor to ceiling), the staff is friendly beyond the highest expectations and extremely well knowledgeable and loving of the city of Philadelphia. The hostel is located in the heart of Old City Philly and its heart beats with to the tune of the place where America was born.

• 9th Sep 2015

I wish I had of known how good this place was before I decided to only book for one night. I would have stayed another night just for the hostel!

• 6th Sep 2015

Awesome location within walking distance to many things like great coffee and all the sites like the Bell and whatnot. Felt safe walking around. Staff was all super helpful and friendly. Clean and felt secure leaving my belongings. They also had a pub crawl that was fun! I would stay here again for sure :)

• 4th Sep 2015

It was my first time ever staying at a hostel and this has surpassed my expectations. The check in was easy, staff friendly, very clean, other travellers were friendly...I can go on. I would definitely recommend this to someone who really wants to experience Philly.

• 4th Sep 2015

Most of the staff are pretty good except one bloke who always seems very disinterested, rude and not helpful. It was a good place to stay because it's not so big so as a solo traveller it's easier to meet people.

Extremely well located. Intimate hostel (22? beds in total). Have all of the needed facilities. Staff stay on the premises. Overall good experience. Difficulties surround staff: as they live on-sight, they naturally tend to hang around when off. This causes confusion as to who is working---and in fact, who is staff and who is guest. Would suggest a uniform of some sort of tshirt for on duty staff. Also, stop hijacking tv and vacuuming at 10pm (quiet time).

Everyone was friendly, but nobody tried to talk to me. That's a bit sad. It seemed as there is more staff than guests.

Not much craic at this spot when I was there but its grand for a place to stay

Really enjoyed the hostel however the staff member on our first night that led our pub crawl was inappropriate. Instead of leading the pub crawl he found one bar and left us there with very little interaction from him as he wanted to get very close and personal with a member of Staff from the other hostel. Other guests also commented on how inappropriate it was. Apart from that the stay was good.

staff, room, bed, bathroom, wifi, location are ok, no breakfast available, they charged more at the hostel than hostelworld confirmed incl. tax, no answer or reason received until now, the tax was different

• 18th Aug 2015

Had a great stay, cool Hostel, near everything.

I really enjoyed my stay! It's a small hostel with excellent, clean facilities and really helpful/approachable/friendly staff! They had lots of advice and fun inclusive things to get involved in, in the evening, which is great if you're travelling solo! As well as quite time 10pm - 10am, which was unique and thoughtful! Excellent value for money with great facilities! Would 100% recommend and definitely stay here again!

Good hostel, friendly staff, and they have 2 guitars that you can play! ;)

One of the best hostel experiences I have had.

• 15th Aug 2015

I had the best time there, the staff is really awesome!

• 15th Aug 2015

A nice little place in the heart of Philly. The staff were friendly and it felt really really clean. They set up daily activities ( such as bar hopping and karaoke) and also had some happy hour specials. All in all a very good hostel

People were great there./enjoyed my stay

It´s a great hostel for young people, the facilities are clean, the crew is helpfull and amiable and there are activities every night. The ubication is great.

An amazing place for a younger crowd. The Quiet hours are more like Silent Hours, which are enforced strictly. Bathrooms could do with an upgrade, but the no shoes thing works well, beds are comfy and staff are lovely. Just give it a miss if you're in town for partying.

View all Philadelphia Hostels