Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

I enjoyed my time at Old City Philly House. I think it was an excellent location. It is close to the visitor center, close to transportation and Olde City has a pretty good night life. I felt the staff wasnt as knowledgeable as I would of expected, but they tired to make sure I got where I need to go and had fun. Quality of the hostel was good and clean. I was disappointed that the individual doors didnt look nor did they provide locks for the lockers. Overall I would recommend it.

A very clean and friendly hostel. Staff were absolutely fantastic, made the stay in Philadelphia worth it!

• 27th Jun 2015

Wonderful experience! The staff was so kind and kept the facility extremely clean. Location is perfect and was a great value. I definitely plan on staying here again if I come to Philadelphia in the future.

Staff is amazing. They were like close friends from the minute I was checking in. Atmosphere is the best I've experienced. Thanks to the staff and the close, small, homey feel of the place, the atmosphere is very friendly and comfortable. I love the no-shoes rule. The hostels with this rule always seem to be better. Downfalls: It get's quite hot in the rooms at night, and it would be nice if there were more electrical outlets available and closer to all beds. Would surely stay again!

We really enjoyed our stay here. The location is great - just a couple of blocks from the main sights of Philly. Staff is friendly and helpful, and the facilities for me, at least, were a plus; I showed up with ALL my clothes smelling of liquor due to a busted bottle in my suitcase, and the on-site washer and drier were a life-saver! Other than that, clean place and no problem with noise. They also have different activities that are fun for younger people. We definitely recommend it.

Far exceeded expectations! Would recommend to anyone!

• 22nd Jun 2015

This place is awesome. The staff is very friendly, everything is clean and the place is in very good conditions. They also have different and fun things happening everyday.

The location of the hostel is amazing, however the staff seemed to not be very competent in regards to knowing the city well; in a couple of instances they could not provide basic information on taxi companies/approximate costs to main areas of the city (e.g. main train station) or to shopping venues in the vicinity. Also our bedsheets had hair on them when we arrived. Overall this hostel is not for picky customers but it is a decent pick for a couple of days' stay.

Was an amazing place to stay. Thank you to the staff that worked so hard to make this hostel clean and welcoming. I wish I could return soon.

It s a decent place if you are a backpacker. Really close to the local attractions, no need to spend money on transportation.

Great staff, great location. Cheap and clean. Comfortable beds. Can highly recommend this place.

Lobed staying there. I haven't stayed at a place that was as welcoming and made my stay as fun as the guys at this place did!

• 18th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Location was perfect for me because I like walking everywhere but buses and subway were nearby. It wasn't too loud and rowdy but you could definitely meet some great people. The staff were all super friendly and welcoming and I loved the "home" feel of the hostel :) would definitely stay here again if I was back in Philadelphia!

Great location! Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms do get rather warm and limited outlets. Not listed in their policies is NO ALCOHOL AFTER 10PM (22:00).

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Can't recommend them enough.

A cute small Hostel with a very friendly atmosphere.

We didnt like that we couldn't wear shoes and locking the door to our room wasn't possible

Its a great place to stay. Staff is really awesome and helpful.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • India

It was amazing !! The staff is so kind, thank you!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Uruguay

Had a great time! Super friendly staff, great atmosphere, amazingly cozy beds, clean facilities. Best hostel I've ever stayed in.

View all Philadelphia Hostels