Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Norhing to say. Perfect and a very nice staff.

I stayed with a friend and we both agreed the staff were friendly and welcoming and made a real effort to get to know us. The rooms were small but this was not a problem as we didn't spend any time in them other than to sleep and the beds were perfectly comfortable. The common area had character and charm and We spent most evenings there meeting new people and playing cards against humanity! Overall we thoroughly enjoyed philly and a massive part of that was down to the hostel!!

• 1st Jun 2015

it was my first time to stay in hostel house and I was afraid of not liking it or the host will not be as should be, but I found the host very cooperative and made me feel very very welcomed.

• 29th May 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

A really friendly hostel, helpful friendly staff. Lots of space in the dorms.Showers are powerful and hot. Stayed longer in Philly because the hostel was so nice. Will stay here again next time.

Loved everything ! Amazing hosts! Hope to see you sometime again! Much love Xx

Cutest place in a great location - my friend and I were up til 3AM doing laundry and the staff were so lovely in accommodating us. They also have a huge widescreen TV (it was playing Parks and Rec for a bit) which is always a bonus! Overall a really cool, chill place to stay at in Philly.

• 27th May 2015

I had a great time while I was there, I considered Brandon my personal host as he and the gang made sure everything was correct. Everything was clean and the coffee always ready. You can see some of the gang here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153476650133714.1073742009.619088713&type=1&l=a92ea008f4 PS the nose were my gifts as I travel the world as a humanitarian clown www.guygiard.com

• 26th May 2015

Had a great stay at Old City Philly House! The staff are super helpful and nice and definitely point you to all the main sites along with other tips. Because the hostel is a bit smaller than others it's really nice because you get to meet people in a more laid back setting. It's also in an awesome location, surrounded by shops and cute cafés. Overall I'd highly recommend this place to anyone.

People are friendly, staffs are helpful, I had a great experience there!!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Taiwan

Nice hostel. Clean. The staff really takes an effort to create a nice vibe. Only disappointment is that there is no lock the room. So the entire hostel could enter the room. The rooms are small.

Excellent location, friendly staff, good facilities.

Removal of shoes strictly enforced lol. I'm sorry but I wouldn't consider 'happy hour' as two tiny cups of beer.

Great place to stay, staff very friendly and very helpful,very clea, felt very safe. Good batch of fellow travellers, all very helpful too

Peaceful Place and nicest staff ever! Very helpful

Great location--most tourist attractions located at walking distance. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Lovely spacious room. Great friendly accommodating helpful staff

• 14th May 2015

It would be great if the hostel provides hair dryer.

• 13th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

It's an excellent hostel, certainly one of the finest I have been. It is super close to all the attractions, the staff are excellent, extremely helpful. It was totally worth to stay here.

Even though it's a little pricey, this hostel is gold. Staff is super friendly friendly and really helpful. I had a great time!

I was very fortunate to have been received by Chad and I had my check out handled by Chad as well. He was an excellent host and gave me a good introduction to Philadelphia despite many people telling me that there was not much to do. I did not even managed to finish the itinerary he suggested for me. His attitude at ensuring that the guest feel comfortable at the hostel was excellent, and the bed at the hostel was the most comfortable I've ever slept on for a hostel. Highly recommended.

View all Philadelphia Hostels