Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

This hostel is awesome! All the staff are really friendly and also hang out in the living area so conversations are easy flowing and I felt like we were family after only 2nights. Thy have something happening every night also which is good for a laugh. Facilities were fantastic - wifi quick and reliable, bed comfortable, enough showers and coffee/hot chocolate/tea whenever you wanted. Also in the perfect location - absolute walking distance to all the main things in town even in wet weather.

Staff there is really nice! They made me a cup of coffee, gave me a tour of the house, and introduced the city to me on arrival! The environment is clean and friendly. The location is close to historic park and subway. Despite that the shower water is either cold or hot, everything is excellent!

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

This was a great place to stay. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and the hostel was clean and comfortable. Most points of interest are within an easy walking distance. It felt very secure, and we didn't feel the need to lock anything. I definitely recommend staying here!

the staff was welcoming and gave us tips about the city, very friendly people and clean !

• 28th Nov 2014

Best hostel I have been to so far. Great staff and facilities, nice events!

Zeer vriendelijke staff, organiseren veel activiteiten. Met thanksgiving was er een uitgebreid diner (gratis)

• 26th Nov 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at Philadelphia house. Very friendly and homely. Would definitely recommend!

• 25th Nov 2014

Most other hostels we have stayed in have had locks on the room doors, this would increase security (but the level of security was still good). It would also have been nice if there were lamps for each of the beds, so that people wanting to stay in the room and read could do so without keeping their roommates awake.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Staff is amazing! Very clean and fun!!

• 21st Nov 2014

The air system was broken, so hot air was being pumped in the entire night, all weekend

Great staff!

• 20th Nov 2014

Very nice welcome, staff helped us a lot with tips for a sightseeing and food spots in the city!

Thanks guys for the excellent stay! You were awesome!! Vinicius and Mel

Thanks for a comfortable stay

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

I was very impressed with The Philadelphia House. I've stayed in many hostels around Europe and a few here in the USA. This one had a perfect location that made it really easy to get to everything, especially The Liberty Bell and everything around there. Everything was very clean and neat, including the showers and rooms. I liked the free coffee too. If I am back ever in Philly again, I'll definitely stay here again. The staff was great and there was always somebody available to answer questions

• 10th Nov 2014

Wonderful people that make you feel at home

Best place to stay in Philly. Fun, affordable, great staff.

• 6th Nov 2014

Staff is just amazing. I have never stayed in a hostel for one night and actually remembered the named of the staff the next. But here the environment was so awesome and we hung out and talked so much in one day that I remember most of these guys. Alysha, Austin, Ramon, Nikki and Emily, thank you so much! They plan activities everyday so I actually want to come back to philly just to hang out more at the hostel a little longer

Honestly probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The combination of location, atmosphere, and especially the wonderful staff made my stay completely unforgettable. This is the best way to experience Philadelphia.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Friendly staff and warm atmosphere :)

• 3rd Nov 2014